PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the Denver game

Patler
11-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Admittedly, it is difficult to come up with any. I can think of only these:

1. Datone Jones continues to show up now and then, which is more than he did his first two years. Is a corner being turned this year?

2. Masthay seems to be working out of his nearly year-long funk.

3. Jared Abbrederis was tackled and didn't sustain a significant injury.

Anything else?

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2015, 07:21 AM
4. I got to bed early thanks to the blowout.

5. In a week where lots of major injuries occurred, the Pack only got minor dings.

sharpe1027
11-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Randall got a nice pick.

sharpe1027
11-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Special teams were OK.

Patler
11-02-2015, 07:30 AM
5. In a week where lots of major injuries occurred, the Pack only got minor dings.

Are we sure about that? Nothing ever seems minor with Shields. He has not played a 16 game season yet, and has missed 13 games in 5 previous seasons. Of course, with GB, being out 2-3 weeks might be a minor ding.

Rutnstrut
11-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Are we sure about that? Nothing ever seems minor with Shields. He has not played a 16 game season yet, and has missed 13 games in 5 previous seasons. Of course, with GB, being out 2-3 weeks might be a minor ding.

Don't forget Clay, even though he came back in. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be some injury that nags him the rest of the season or turns into a time misser.

Patler
11-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Don't forget Clay, even though he came back in. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be some injury that nags him the rest of the season or turns into a time misser.

True. Injuries usually turn significant when he is involved, too.

mraynrand
11-02-2015, 08:51 AM
There are no positive about a game like last night except that it only counts as one loss. It helps that it's on the road against the other conference.

The horrible part is how the Packers were beaten to a man in almost every individual matchup, almost the entire night. That's a thrashing.

Maxie the Taxi
11-02-2015, 08:57 AM
There are no positive about a game like last night except that it only counts as one loss. It helps that it's on the road against the other conference.

The horrible part is how the Packers were beaten to a man in almost every individual matchup, almost the entire night. That's a thrashing.

Agreed. And props to you for seeing it ahead of time. Your pregame prediction was almost exactly on the mark. Which makes me wonder if it was just personnel failings or a big fail in game planning. I mean, if you could see what's coming, shouldn't we expect Stubby and Dunderdummy to plan for the expected?

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2015, 10:29 AM
The running game was clicking - when Rodgers was the ball carrier.

ThunderDan
11-02-2015, 10:31 AM

Clay got his ankle half rolled. Nothing with his "normal" hamstring problems. He will be fine.

sooner6600
11-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Help;

Is Rodgers or Coach "M" on drugs?

Both need a time out.

denverYooper
11-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Admittedly, it is difficult to come up with any. I can think of only these:

1. Datone Jones continues to show up now and then, which is more than he did his first two years. Is a corner being turned this year?

2. Masthay seems to be working out of his nearly year-long funk.

3. Jared Abbrederis was tackled and didn't sustain a significant injury.

Anything else?

Masthay had some gorgeous punts last night. We were sitting behind one of the end zones and you could just see these really high spirals coming off of his foot.

King Friday
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Someone will finally have to admit that the offense can't simply be the same progressive routes all the time. Our offense should look more like New England's...our offensive line isn't good enough to sit in the pocket for 6 seconds and wait for guys to get open downfield. Our offense will have to create routes to get people open quickly.

Tony Oday
11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
AR didn't get hurt. Looked like he broke up with Olivia, but didn't get hurt.

Tony Oday
11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Someone will finally have to admit that the offense can't simply be the same progressive routes all the time. Our offense should look more like New England's...our offensive line isn't good enough to sit in the pocket for 6 seconds and wait for guys to get open downfield. Our offense will have to create routes to get people open quickly.

This