PDA

View Full Version : Resolved: Mike Daniels Is Too Short, Don't Pay Him

pbmax
11-07-2015, 08:33 AM
Part of the success of the short crossing game is the ability to throw low across the field. Many of these, I wager well more than half, cross from Offensive right to left. If Daniels were taller (Raji too for that matter), several of these contestable balls would have been knocked down.

So don't pay him a king's ransom.

Play Datone more.

Bobby's take: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-mike-daniels-waiting-for-payday-b99610966z1-342260231.html

red
11-07-2015, 09:21 AM
interesting idea

have we had a d-lineman bat down a ball since jolly left?

maybe the guys we have should just learn how to put their hands up when the QB is about to throw the ball?

anyways, i don't know if daniels should get a kings ransom. he is probably our best d-lineman, but is he really that good? he seems to make 1 or 2 big plays a game and gets his name mentioned, but you don't hear anything else from him all game. like all our lineman. they aren't a constant disruptive force

looks like he wants 10 million per year, no way i would pay him close to that, i'd give him maybe 6 a year

pbmax
11-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Jones and Peppers have gotten them. Maybe Raji got one?

smuggler
11-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I think Daniels is a prime tag-n-trade candidate. Or transition him (option to match, 2nd round pick compensation?).

dahammer001
11-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Part of the success of the short crossing game is the ability to throw low across the field. Many of these, I wager well more than half, cross from Offensive right to left. If Daniels were taller (Raji too for that matter), several of these contestable balls would have been knocked down.

So don't pay him a king's ransom.

Play Datone more.

Bobby's take: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-mike-daniels-waiting-for-payday-b99610966z1-342260231.html
Blame that on Ted Thompson who insist on drafting 6 foot defensive linemen. Wish he would stop that BS.