PDA

View Full Version : 15 years ago this week

red
11-08-2015, 07:31 AM
"HE DID WHAT?????" happened in overtime, against the queens on monday night football

insane concentration by free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmyLLxRNcA

HowardRoark
11-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Thanks for reminding me how old I'm getting; it seems like yesterday.

red
11-08-2015, 09:11 AM
on the flip side.....

classic favre

the cb was gifted an int, and he dropped it. horrible, stupid throw by bert

King Friday
11-08-2015, 10:16 AM
on the flip side.....

classic favre

the cb was gifted an int, and he dropped it. horrible, stupid throw by bert

The Vikings were bringing the house up the middle and would've reached Favre for a 10+ yard sack in another second.

It was actually a good chance to take...because if Favre eats it, the Packers are punting the next play anyway if Favre actually hangs onto the ball and doesn't fumble. In the conditions, a punt was dangerous with a snap and catch in a rain storm, and would've probably netted little better in field position than an INT if it occurred (Favre threw it all the way to the 20) and the throw gave Freeman a chance to make a play 1 on 1 with a DB...which he did.

So you are claiming the smarter play there is to eat it and take a sack. I disagree.

red
11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
i'm saying the smarter play would have been to try and throw a better ball, not the brett favre classice where he just throws it high up in the air somewhere downfield where almost anyone on the field could go get it

and don't say he threw it cause he had to, he threw the ball up for grabs like this all the time

smuggler
11-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Yeah it was third down. I think the better decision would have been at the playcalling level. Maybe a slant or a screen...

channtheman
11-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Unrelated video, but this topic made me think of this. We actually won the Super Bowl that year. The team that allowed an OL to return a kickoff 71 yards won the Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rjY0l_CFEk

red
11-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Yeah it was third down. I think the better decision would have been at the playcalling level. Maybe a slant or a screen...

yup, thats m3 level play calling right there.

3rd and 4 in OT and we throw a 2 man hail mary

but still, you don't throw a 50-50 ball (more like 5-95) in OT on third and short. freeman had no chance at that ball until the CB threw the ball at him. thats a bad throw

smuggler
11-08-2015, 11:04 AM
That Patriots game was so frustrating. We just gave it away. Between the KO return you linked, Woodson dropping the easy pick-6 and the offense shitting down it's own leg in the 2-minute drill... sigh...

channtheman
11-08-2015, 11:34 AM
That Patriots game was so frustrating. We just gave it away. Between the KO return you linked, Woodson dropping the easy pick-6 and the offense shitting down it's own leg in the 2-minute drill... sigh...

But we won the Super Bowl anyway! I can't help but look at that kick return and just laugh.

King Friday
11-08-2015, 02:56 PM

You think we had time to run a screen on that play? The defense brought the blitz. We had 1 on 1 matchups, and Favre threw it up for his most physical receiver to make a play.

Yeah, the throw wasn't great...but they were playing in a rainstorm and Favre had less than 2 seconds to read the field and make a decision.

The decision Favre made was correct. A better throw would've been nice, but saying this is an example of a classic Favre dumb move is ignoring the situation and how the defense chose to play in it.

KYPack
11-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Good thread, Red.

Can't believe that was 15 years ago.

Seems like a recent memory.