PDA

View Full Version : Bob Goes After The Offensive Coaches

pbmax
11-08-2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/carolina-compensating-for-injury-better-than-the-packers-b99610806z1-342752362.html

Says the Panthers have adjusted better to the loss of Benjamin than the Packers have to losing Nelson.

1. Losing Benjamin might be comparable in talent to losing Nelson, but KB doesn't mean the same thing to the Carolina offense as Nelson does to the Packer offense. Carolina was still a running team last year.

2. Find it odd that the Panthers can run the ball with Olsen (a penalty machine when he tries to block) but the Packers need to sign a blocking TE to run. Despite the fact that he claims a personnel guy told him the Packers have a Top 5 O line. There is no logic here.

3. Packers offense was stalled last year with Nelson and reliant on the same Rodgers bailing them out. This is not a Nelson dependent situation.

4. Yooper is right, we have this same discussion every year, then they adjust and blow peoples doors off.

red
11-08-2015, 12:53 PM
until they choke in the playoffs

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 12:13 AM
This three game slump of giving up 1500 yards (or 1400 or whatever) by the defense was mostly the offense's fault, especially the Broncos game and most of the Panthers' game. The Chargers game was a brilliant plan and perfect execution by Rivers. But the offense getting no yards, no movement, no first downs, etc, etc, left the defense on the field for far too long, getting more and more gassed and being on the field for too many plays. The offense needed to give them a break.

Hopefully the end of the Carolina game put the offense in a groove that they'll carry over.

Now what the hell is up with Lacy?

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 06:22 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/carolina-compensating-for-injury-better-than-the-packers-b99610806z1-342752362.html

Says the Panthers have adjusted better to the loss of Benjamin than the Packers have to losing Nelson.

The Packers didn't just lose Nelson. They 'lost' Cobb, Adams, and Monty. They also lost Lacy, both due to his ankle and his fatness. And their O-line is pathetic. I guess that last one is on the coaches and Lacy getting fat and worthless is on him/organization awareness.

Patler
11-09-2015, 06:34 AM
This three game slump of giving up 1500 yards (or 1400 or whatever) by the defense was mostly the offense's fault, especially the Broncos game and most of the Panthers' game. The Chargers game was a brilliant plan and perfect execution by Rivers. But the offense getting no yards, no movement, no first downs, etc, etc, left the defense on the field for far too long, getting more and more gassed and being on the field for too many plays. The offense needed to give them a break.

I could buy that argument a little if the defense was stout early, then wilted and crumbled, but they have given up too many 1st half yards for me to buy into that argument. One can just as easily say the offense hasn't been able to get into a rhythm because they are on the sidelines for long stretches when the defense can't get off the field on third downs.

Carolina_Packer
11-09-2015, 06:57 AM
I know it's not apples to apples, but Tom Brady often does not have a run game, and a revolving door of offensive lineman because of injuries and replacement, yet the precision passing game is machine-like. It's time to stop making excuses, roll up the sleeves and figure it out.

I was at the game yesterday (hence, my screen name) and really liked how they battled in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. They showed some grit. It made me wonder what might have been if some of the big plays by Carolina could have been better defended. We were not really getting home, but then again, Carolina is pretty balanced on offense. The Randall interception was down on my end of the field. I couldn't believe they had Cam throwing an out route with 3 and change left and weren't just trying to bleed Green Bay's time outs and move the ball as much as possible. There were lots and lots of Packer fans who stayed and we were rewarded with some excitement near the end.

Rodgers timing is just off with the receivers. There is not a lot of separation and often there is not a lot of time for him to setup for the designed play and throw. I wonder what percent of the plays are "clean plays" where they run the designed play vs. "scramble drill"?

I hope the defense can come out of it's mini-slump. They did hold Carolina down in the second half, save for the fumble by Lacy which gave them an extremely short field. Imagine if he doesn't lay the ball on the ground and they don't get that score!

Fun game as it turns out, save for the result. I took my son to his first Packers game. Now we need to get to one together at Lambeau.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 08:14 AM
It is just damn difficult to win on the road. Just ask the Broncos.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 08:45 AM
I hope the defense can come out of it's mini-slump. They did hold Carolina down in the second half, save for the fumble by Lacy which gave them an extremely short field. Imagine if he doesn't lay the ball on the ground and they don't get that score!

OK I'm imagining that they didn't score after that turnover, because I think they didn't. I'm also imagining what would have happened had Cam connected with three wide open receivers, two of whom were in the end zone. Maybe another 11-18 points for Carolina.

Packers came back after 37-14 deficit because Carolina knew they had the game sewed up and started milking the clock and shutting it down. Unlike the Packers in the NFCC game in January, it didn't cost them.

pbmax
11-09-2015, 08:54 AM
OK I'm imagining that they didn't score after that turnover, because I think they didn't. I'm also imagining what would have happened had Cam connected with three wide open receivers, two of whom were in the end zone. Maybe another 11-18 points for Carolina.

Packers came back after 37-14 deficit because Carolina knew they had the game sewed up and started milking the clock and shutting it down. Unlike the Packers in the NFCC game in January, it didn't cost them.

I agree with this. It was more satisfying than most failed comebacks because it was nice to see the offense finally get in gear for more than one drive in the first half.

It was also nice to see them take advantage of what was given. For that matter, impose their will on a team that was geared to stop the pass in the second half.

But it was another road loss and another comeback that failed. I felt better about the team by the end of the game, but they aren't over the hump yet.