PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry issues in GB?

esoxx
11-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Was thinking this even before the sideline dust up between Peppers/Raji & Clinton-Dix. Rodgers had been very pointed in his postgame remarks in Denver about receivers not getting open. During an interview on Packer pregame show Cobb still appeared very miffed about the meme that receivers aren't getting open. He was measured in his response but you could note the agitation.

The finger pointing needs to stop and that starts with the QB who is the leader of the team.

I also think the coaching has grown stale. Familiarity appears to be breeding discontent. It may be the shelf life of this staff is nearing expiration.

pbmax
11-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Cobb clearly worked out whatever it was (defensiveness, chip on shoulder, pissed at QB) by getting over half the targets. So did RichRod. They went away from James Jones with their #1 CB on him. Not sure it really mattered.

Striker
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Was thinking this even before the sideline dust up between Peppers/Raji & Clinton-Dix. Rodgers had been very pointed in his postgame remarks in Denver about receivers not getting open. During an interview on Packer pregame show Cobb still appeared very miffed about the meme that receivers aren't getting open. He was measured in his response but you could note the agitation.

The finger pointing needs to stop and that starts with the QB who is the leader of the team.

I also think the coaching has grown stale. Familiarity appears to be breeding discontent. It may be the shelf life of this staff is nearing expiration.

You have a team (and QB) that's used to success suddenly struggling. That leads to flaring up tempers.

Joemailman
11-08-2015, 04:45 PM
The way Peppers jumped at HHCD, HHCD must have said something negative to him. I don't think HHCD is playing well enough to say anything to anybody, even if he was complaining about lack of a pass rush.

red
11-08-2015, 05:01 PM
the team came out today and acted and played like it was the 4th preseason game

esoxx
11-08-2015, 05:15 PM
You have a team (and QB) that's used to success suddenly struggling. That leads to flaring up tempers.

I get that. However, flaring of tempers has nothing to do with stepping up to the podium after you've had a shower and the game has been over for 45 minutes and then throwing your receivers under the bus. For a guy who is thin skinned to any perceived criticism of himself, it seems a bit hypocritical. And setting that tone can have ramifications, including more finger pointing.

Bossman641
11-08-2015, 06:53 PM
The way Peppers jumped at HHCD, HHCD must have said something negative to him. I don't think HHCD is playing well enough to say anything to anybody, even if he was complaining about lack of a pass rush.

I'd say the same about peppers today. Was his name called even once?

TravisWilliams23
11-08-2015, 08:24 PM
I'd say the same about peppers today. Was his name called even once?

Early in the game I heard "56 lined up offsides" and a 5 yard penalty was assessed against the Pack!

denverYooper
11-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Jeez. You mess up the chirality of a simple molecule or two and all of the sudden they're suing for flipper babies.

Freak Out
11-08-2015, 10:41 PM
This teams soul was ripped out the end of last season. Removing/replacing a few players won't change that. Those wounds still bleed.

esoxx
11-09-2015, 08:41 AM
This teams soul was ripped out the end of last season. Removing/replacing a few players won't change that. Those wounds still bleed.

Repped

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Jeez. You mess up the chirality of a simple molecule or two and all of the sudden they're suing for flipper babies.

Proximal-distal cell fate specification should not be taken lightly

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 08:50 AM

So you're saying it took seven games into this season for the sutures to rupture?

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 10:00 AM

https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FB80Q0_3CI AAWy90.jpg

denverYooper
11-10-2015, 05:59 AM
https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FB80Q0_3CI AAWy90.jpg

This explains everything.

denverYooper
11-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Cobb clearly worked out whatever it was (defensiveness, chip on shoulder, pissed at QB) by getting over half the targets. So did RichRod. They went away from James Jones with their #1 CB on him. Not sure it really mattered.

I think Adams being back and a bit more into the flow might have helped. He had some key targets. If they can get Monty back soon and build some consistency with the WR group, the issues in their passing game might evaporate.

denverYooper
11-10-2015, 06:08 AM
As far as the secondary goes, they're almost down to pulling guys off of the PS to staff that unit. That might explain some of their recent coverage mixups The nonexistent pass rush doesn't help the new guys feel comfortable, though.

Still, Randall has been thrown into the fire early. That could pay off down the stretch if (huge if) Shields can stay on the field. The guy is fearless and fast.

Fritz
11-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Look, we're at that juncture of the season that good teams face: the team is playing, as they say in Germany, furschitzen.

Pretty much everyone sucks. It's not necessarily a lack of talent, either - the stout offensive line from last year is a sieve. The pounding, Beast-Junior of last year is now a tumbling, bumbling fool. Last year Davante Adams broke out; this year his face is the only thing breaking out. Etc. Etc.

So there are cracks in the dyke. Now we'll see what this team is made of. And this is where coaching is key - not just exhorting the guys to get their pads lower, but getting the team to pull together.

Here, too, is where that supposed emphasis on drafting guys who're good teammates can make a difference.

We'll know a lot more about this team two weeks from now.

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:28 AM

You should sign this lyric over to Captain Kickass so he can write a song based on it.

mraynrand
11-10-2015, 11:36 AM
You should sign this lyric over to Captain Kickass so he can write a song based on it.

I think it's more in the wheelhouse of Swede's mournful soul renditions.

pbmax
11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I think it's more in the wheelhouse of Swede's mournful soul renditions.

Would swede be performing blue-eyed soul?

Freak Out
11-10-2015, 03:28 PM
I could see either doing this...one blues driven and mournful...the other full of hatred and revenge.

hoosier
11-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Look, we're at that juncture of the season that good teams face: the team is playing, as they say in Germany, furschitzen.

Pretty much everyone sucks. It's not necessarily a lack of talent, either - the stout offensive line from last year is a sieve. The pounding, Beast-Junior of last year is now a tumbling, bumbling fool. Last year Davante Adams broke out; this year his face is the only thing breaking out. Etc. Etc.

So there are cracks in the dyke. Now we'll see what this team is made of. And this is where coaching is key - not just exhorting the guys to get their pads lower, but getting the team to pull together.

Here, too, is where that supposed emphasis on drafting guys who're good teammates can make a difference.

We'll know a lot more about this team two weeks from now.

That's my hope, that this is a mistimed repeat of last season's discombubulated start. But even if that proves to be the case they are going to be repeating--in the best possible scenario--last year's journey of playing on the road deep in the playoffs.

The more likely scenario is that this isn't a repeat of last year's early season yips but something entirely different. Teams rarely stay the same from year to year, they are almost always on the rise or in decline. Is this decline or is it r-e-l-a-x?

Fritz
11-10-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm not saying it's like last year, it's just that every year every good team has that stretch where they suck. I remember several years ago, after dominating most of the regular season, the Saints lost their last two regular season games, and the fans down there were freaking out. Then they won a couple playoff games, I believe, one of which was over the Favre-led Vikings.

But we'll see. I'm just saying there's not a need to panic.

Well, not yet.

Rutnstrut
11-12-2015, 04:24 PM

Oh my god!!! how can you criticize this coach, he won a SB and takes them to the playoffs every season and...

Rutnstrut
11-12-2015, 04:28 PM
As far as the secondary goes, they're almost down to pulling guys off of the PS to staff that unit. That might explain some of their recent coverage mixups The nonexistent pass rush doesn't help the new guys feel comfortable, though.

Still, Randall has been thrown into the fire early. That could pay off down the stretch if (huge if) Shields can stay on the field. The guy is fearless and fast.

It's supposedly injuries every year that are the excuse. Except that the secondary has had coverage snafus for about 4 years now, and the whole team has been flat for the last 4 games.

mraynrand
11-12-2015, 04:54 PM
It's supposedly injuries every year that are the excuse.

we like to keep things simple here

call_me_ishmael
11-12-2015, 07:49 PM
If you believe the conncted Colin Cowherd, ARod is the problem.

denverYooper
11-12-2015, 09:09 PM
If your premise is ridiculous, your conclusion is worthless.

pbmax
11-12-2015, 09:28 PM
If you believe the conncted Colin Cowherd, ARod is the problem.

Being connected to Vegas might qualify him to opine on odds or spreads, doesn't do much for QB play.

He might have the greatest differential between self-regard and actual intelligence on the radio. And that is really saying something.

mraynrand
11-12-2015, 09:43 PM
If your premise is ridiculous, your conclusion is worthless.

So you're the guy who reviews all my grants and papers.

Fritz
11-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Supposedly it's been a good week of practice. So we'll see if the team can get on the same page Sunday.

But poor old Eddie Lacey seems truly lost.

pbmax
11-14-2015, 09:48 AM
So you're the guy who reviews all my grants and papers.

Give it up. Flubber is a dead end.

George Cumby
11-14-2015, 10:19 AM
How's that cold fusion coming?