View Full Version : More Banjo: Week8 @ Panthers

pbmax
11-08-2015, 04:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTUg7ChUkAAMYRu.png:large

pbmax
11-08-2015, 04:16 PM
C'mon: Get it TOGETHER!

andreina ‏@andreinaf11 26m26 minutes ago
@packers I thought y'all had learned from last game, disappointed. get it together ��

packergirl ‏@p9cker_girl 26m26 minutes ago
@packers those who say fire capers are clueless this is Clements and the QB coach's fault jeez

Alex IH ‏@AlexxIH 27m27 minutes ago
@packers O-líne is bad!!

★★★ ‏@m1897 28m28 minutes ago
@packers maybe remind the D that there's a 1st Half too. And don't get in massive holes to begin with. And, oh.. THROW THE FOOTBALL

James ‏@aoajames 29m29 minutes ago
@packers WHY DID YOU ONLY TURN UP IN THE 4TH QUARTER JORDY DIDNT DIE FOR THIS

pbmax
11-08-2015, 04:18 PM
MM PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
McCarthy: A tough loss. Made way too many mistakes & gave up too many big plays...We dug ourselves in a hole, but fought back. #GBvsCAR

WOW. PACKERS PR IS DOWN TO ONE COACH TWEET. MUST HAVE BEEN A ROUGH PC.

pbmax
11-08-2015, 04:19 PM
RODGERS PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
Rodgers: Didn't convert on 3rd downs...We dug ourselves a hole, but had a chance to come back and tie it up. #GBvsCAR

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
Rodgers on 2nd half: We got to a couple screens that worked...Guys made a couple nice catches & runs, slowed down pass rush. #GBvsCAR

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on being 6-2: I feel the same. Feel very confident in our abilities on both sides of the ball. Played 2 very good opponents on road.

Joemailman
11-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Hopefully at least the offense got some confidence back in the 4th quarter. Getting Adams back producing (7-93) should help Cobb here on out. Obviously, the defense has major issues with the pass rush and pass coverage. Glad to see Ryan in there. Won't learn standing on the sidelines.

channtheman
11-08-2015, 04:20 PM
RODGERS PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
Rodgers: Didn't convert on 3rd downs...We dug ourselves a hole, but had a chance to come back and tie it up. #GBvsCAR

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
Rodgers on 2nd half: We got to a couple screens that worked...Guys made a couple nice catches & runs, slowed down pass rush. #GBvsCAR

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on being 6-2: I feel the same. Feel very confident in our abilities on both sides of the ball. Played 2 very good opponents on road.

Is that what Rodgers is calling what we did the last two weeks? We showed up, but I don't think we really participated in either of those games.

Striker
11-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix ‏@haha_cd6 2m2 minutes ago
I apologize to for my play and sidelines issues. We are good just two emotional guys with heart and passion trying to find away to win .

red
11-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix ‏@haha_cd6 2m2 minutes ago
I apologize to for my play and sidelines issues. We are good just two emotional guys with heart and passion trying to find away to win .

honestly, no one on the team showed any fight or passion until the sideline blow up

maybe its what we needed

pbmax
11-08-2015, 05:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTUra2vUAAA8Ga6.png:large

mraynrand
11-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Packers Tackles can't keep retreating three steps towards the QB on every pass play. They are giving up the pocket as a matter of course. Either step up and punch your man, defend 'vertically' or get off the field.

Bossman641
11-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Ryan got a lot of PT late. Was Palmer benched? I try to block out Aikman/Buck whenever possible...not that they would have talked about that anyways.

pbmax
11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Ryan got a lot of PT late. Was Palmer benched? I try to block out Aikman/Buck whenever possible...not that they would have talked about that anyways.

Wondered about that. He was AWOL in the fourth Q. I saw him not take his pass drop in the first half and a completion was made.

denverYooper
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
honestly, no one on the team showed any fight or passion until the sideline blow up

maybe its what we needed

I thought the same thing.

pbmax
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Rodgers was 25/48, 52%. I prefer not throwing to covered receivers anymore.

denverYooper
11-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Not optimal. That's for sure.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2015, 10:04 PM

On the other hand, he was 8/16, 50%, 1 TD in the 1st half not throwing to covered receivers, and 17/32, 53%, 3 TD's in the 2nd half throwing to covered receivers.:???:

pbmax
11-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Still prefer open receivers, but the second half left him no choice.

But even in the first half they were throwing to Cobb no matter what. Also helped he had some single coverage.

pbmax
11-09-2015, 07:29 AM
I saw Perillo and Ripper. Anyone else see Abby and Janis?

The Packers plugged the likes of Jeff Janis, Jared Abbrederis, Justin Perillo and Aaron Ripkowski — all reserve players — into new or scarcely used personnel groupings in hopes of staving off stagnation, but when the defense of Dom Capers yielded 27 points in 30 minutes, the approach needed changing.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/aaron-rodgers-disappointed-with-his-performance-b99610571z1-343343192.html

pbmax
11-09-2015, 07:45 AM
John @jrehor
Someone actually asked @Michael_Cohen13 in his post game chat if he thought Rodgers should be benched in favor of Scott Tolzien

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 07:54 AM
I saw Perillo and Ripper. Anyone else see Abby and Janis?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/aaron-rodgers-disappointed-with-his-performance-b99610571z1-343343192.html

I know for a fact Abby did not play. It's in the official Gamebook of the game. Janis played on ST. Whether Janis took an offensive snap, I don't know.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 07:57 AM
John @jrehor
Someone actually asked @Michael_Cohen13 in his post game chat if he thought Rodgers should be benched in favor of Scott Tolzien

I love it. Those kind of slights motivate Arod like nothing else. (See his draft day for further reference.)

Pugger
11-09-2015, 08:07 AM

Thank god I couldn't hear those 2 at the bar yesterday.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 08:08 AM
I know for a fact Abby did not play. It's in the official Gamebook of the game. Janis played on ST. Whether Janis took an offensive snap, I don't know.

I don't recall seeing either of them on offense yesterday either.

Patler
11-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Athletes have ups and downs. No athlete is at their absolute best all of the time, and even the best ones have slumps. Rodgers has hit a rough spot, perhaps brought on be poor protection, perhaps just because he is human. Whatever the cause, his accuracy was off much of the game yesterday (last week too), and perhaps his situational responses could have been better on some plays. But, replace him because of that? Ridiculous.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Athletes have ups and downs. No athlete is at their absolute best all of the time, and even the best ones have slumps. Rodgers has hit a rough spot, perhaps brought on be poor protection, perhaps just because he is human. Whatever the cause, his accuracy was off much of the game yesterday (last week too), and perhaps his situational responses could have been better on some plays. But, replace him because of that? Ridiculous.

He did seem to show some of that fire in his eyes in the 4th. Perhaps he's coming out of his funk? I say let's take our frustrations out on the loins and bares these next few weeks and get back on track - if nothing more than get our confidence back.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 08:54 AM
John @jrehor

I recall the drunk bastards calling in the post game shows after Favre interceptions and a loss in the '99 season saying that "Dey odda put Pedderson in dere, dontcha know!?"

ThunderDan
11-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Where did you find the Official GameBook? I couldn't find it by googling.

I am sure 84 and 83 were in for a handful of plays on Offense.

Jake Ryan was the leading tackler for the Packers yesterday with 10.

Patler
11-09-2015, 09:12 AM
I have watched and rewatched the last few plays many times, and Rodgers responded uncharacteristically to several situations on the field.

On third down, on his intial drop he had Adams open at the 8 coming across the field, nearest defender at the 4 heading the opposite direction with Cobb, no pressure on Rodgers at that point, and a wide open throwing lane to Adams. Rodgers hesitated, spun out behind Bakhtiari and cut back to the middle of the field. At that point Adams was directly in front of him in the endzone a step behind a DB waving for the ball. With Adams leaping ability, a jump ball to him, or a flip toward the endline had a good chance of success. But Rodgers seemed fully committed to the run, with the ball semi-tucked, with no real chance to throw. He went down at the 4.

Then, on fourth down, with pressure/obstruction on his right, he did not respond in a way to open a throw to his primary target who would be (and was) wide open for an easy TD. Time and time again we have seen him, in that same situation, pivot counterclockwise while bellying back, to loop around his own right tackle, and either run or throw down field. With Cob his primary target being on that side of the field, it might have turned out well for him to throw to Cobb, or take it in himself. Even after he looked away from his right, he initially stepped up and had a throwing lane to Adams at about the 2, with a defender trailing Adams but not real tight. Another defender was coming at Adams, but a good distance away. We've seen Rodgers rifle throws like that for years. But, again, he hesitated. stutter stepped backward and flipped up a prayer.

I'm not suggesting any of these were easy situations. But Aaaron Rodgers did not react to them like the AAron Rodgers we know. That is what has made him special, but he just didn't have it going on those last few plays.

Patler
11-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Where did you find the Official GameBook? I couldn't find it by googling.

I'm wondering too. The gamebook is not where it typically can be found on nfl.com

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 09:31 AM
I have watched and rewatched the last few plays many times, and Rodgers responded uncharacteristically to several situations on the field.

On third down, on his intial drop he had Adams open at the 8 coming across the field, nearest defender at the 4 heading the opposite direction with Cobb, no pressure on Rodgers at that point, and a wide open throwing lane to Adams. Rodgers hesitated, spun out behind Bakhtiari and cut back to the middle of the field. At that point Adams was directly in front of him in the endzone a step behind a DB waving for the ball. With Adams leaping ability, a jump ball to him, or a flip toward the endline had a good chance of success. But Rodgers seemed fully committed to the run, with the ball semi-tucked, with no real chance to throw. He went down at the 4.

Then, on fourth down, with pressure/obstruction on his right, he did not respond in a way to open a throw to his primary target who would be (and was) wide open for an easy TD. Time and time again we have seen him, in that same situation, pivot counterclockwise while bellying back, to loop around his own right tackle, and either run or throw down field. With Cob his primary target being on that side of the field, it might have turned out well for him to throw to Cobb, or take it in himself. Even after he looked away from his right, he initially stepped up and had a throwing lane to Adams at about the 2, with a defender trailing Adams but not real tight. Another defender was coming at Adams, but a good distance away. We've seen Rodgers rifle throws like that for years. But, again, he hesitated. stutter stepped backward and flipped up a prayer.

I'm not suggesting any of these were easy situations. But Aaaron Rodgers did not react to them like the AAron Rodgers we know. That is what has made him special, but he just didn't have it going on those last few plays.

I think the simple explanation is that he is expecting the pressure, because it's there on every pass play. It's forcing him into scrambling and now seems to be leaking into situations where it's unwarranted. You get the good (the scramble to allow the fourth down pass to Jones) and the bad (what you describe above). Gotta shore up that O-line.

pbmax
11-09-2015, 09:36 AM
With Rodgers its post traumatic stress.

Gamebook link courtesy of Packers.com (not on nfl.com): http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2015/151108-gamebook-panthers.pdf

pbmax
11-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Especially during that MVP season.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 19m19 minutes ago
Seems like Rodgers has become mediocre since he's been involved with Munn.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Three things:
1) The Gamebook for the Packer games is usually on the Gameday page underneath the box score (very small letters).

2) Arod himself explained his own behavior here: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/24669/aaron-rodgers-gets-scared-and-makes-un-rodgers-like-mistake-on-late-interception

“It was a great [play] call. I looked out to ‘Peanut’ to see if he had eyes in the backfield, because I was worried about him sloughing off and tackling Randall short of the goal line,” Rodgers explained. “Turns out ‘J.J.’ ran ‘Peanut’ into 25 and Randall’s wide open for the touchdown. So it’s disappointing.

“[B]I had an easy opportunity for a pitch-and-catch touchdown, and I got scared by something. I can’t explain it. It was a mistake by myself. I’ll definitely be thinking about that one on the ride home.”

3) ESPN Packers' Blog (link above) also published snap counts for offense. Jeff Janis and Abby played three offensive snaps each.

pbmax
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Not sure about the beginning, but Dix said something that set Raji off. What series was this after? Peppers and Dix could be arguing about run fits, blitzing or coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euGuZYrQ8Jg

pbmax
11-09-2015, 11:34 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/green-bay-packers-vs-carolina-panthers-b99610563z1-343043542.html

Three carries for 28 by James Starks ignited a 65-yard touchdown drive early. Otherwise, Starks and Lacy combined for 4 yards in their seven other first-half rushes, and then the entire second half had to be played in hurry-up mode that cannot be sustained over the long haul.

Best two offenses in the lat five years, plus Manning run no huddle and/or hurry up most of the time. But Bob still thinks November is a time to run the ball because no one can pass in December.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Especially during that MVP season.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 19m19 minutes ago
Seems like Rodgers has become mediocre since he's been involved with Munn.

Not mediocre, just munndane.

Patler
11-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Interesting stat from McGinn:

When the Packers had chances downfield, it was obvious they needed their franchise quarterback to be at his accurate best. He wasn't, and of his 23 incompletions, seven could be labeled as bad throws to open receivers.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 12:25 PM
I recall the drunk bastards calling in the post game shows after Favre interceptions and a loss in the '99 season saying that "Dey odda put Pedderson in dere, dontcha know!?"

:lol:

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 01:47 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/green-bay-packers-vs-carolina-panthers-b99610563z1-343043542.html

Best two offenses in the lat five years, plus Manning run no huddle and/or hurry up most of the time. But Bob still thinks November is a time to run the ball because no one can pass in December.

McGinn has been tumultuous before, but he really jumped the shark this year. Except his ranking columns, I ignore everything he writes. Not worth it.

Joemailman
11-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Strange think about this game is that the Packers outscored Panthers in 3 of the 4 quarters. Hard to overcome getting outscored 24-0 in 1 though.

Carolina_Packer
11-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Not mediocre, just munndane.

Very punny! I like it.

mr_blonde
11-10-2015, 07:36 PM
The Cold Hard Truth ..... Bill Michaels

I couldn't say it better ....

http://www.billmichaelssports.com/packers-lose-so-heres-the-opening-rant/

mraynrand
11-11-2015, 08:18 AM
The Cold Hard Truth ..... Bill Michaels

I couldn't say it better ....

http://www.billmichaelssports.com/packers-lose-so-heres-the-opening-rant/

That frightened me

Patler
11-11-2015, 08:51 AM
I had forgotten how much I disliked him when he was at WTMJ. I prefer discussion, not ranting. He supposedly was hosting a call-in show at WTMJ, but he would drone on and on, saying the same thing over and over, often not taking a single call for an entire half-hour segment. In a 90 minute or two hour show, whatever it was, he might take only 3 or 4 calls.

...and name-calling is soooooo professional.

Is there really any Packer fan who thinks the last two weeks were acceptable performances? I doubt it, so who is he ranting to and about when he threatened to "blow-up" any caller that would disagree with him? (Did he even get around to taking a call?)

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 10:44 AM
I got 90 seconds in and had to turn it off. i think just that short exposure made me stoopiter.

Zool
11-11-2015, 12:36 PM
I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS! EVERYTHING SUCKS! THE WORLD SUCKS! EVEN I SUCK!

I have no idea why I clicked play on that. Sports radio talk guy is quite possibly the dumbest species of human on the planet....aside from the people that listen to them scream obvious shit. Why would anyone bother to listen to him?

pbmax
11-11-2015, 12:43 PM
I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS! EVERYTHING SUCKS! THE WORLD SUCKS! EVEN I SUCK!

I have no idea why I clicked play on that. Sports radio talk guy is quite possibly the dumbest species of human on the planet....aside from the people that listen to them scream obvious shit. Why would anyone bother to listen to him?

Sometimes I run out of audiobooks and don't want to spend the money on a cell data download of something different.

Even Cryptonomicon runs out ofter 42 hours, give or take.

mraynrand
11-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Sometimes I run out of audiobooks....

I just listened to "The Return of the Native" as read by Hans Gruber. "You ask for miracles, I give you Eustacia Vye"

pbmax
11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
I bet Hans is very good at audiobook reading. Its very much a performance.

A long time ago, when audiobooks were actually book-like packaging with 18 cassette tapes in them, the family and I bought "The General's Daughter" to listen to on a trip. Ken "White Shadow" Howard was the narrator. Holy cow was it a disappointment.

We had each heard a portion of it on Chapter A Day on the radio. Karl Schmidt and his editors did a fabulous job with that read (all the choices on WPR are abridged), and Ken couldn't hold a candle to it.

mraynrand
11-11-2015, 01:38 PM
I bet Hans is very good at audiobook reading. Its very much a performance.

A long time ago, when audiobooks were actually book-like packaging with 18 cassette tapes in them, the family and I bought "The General's Daughter" to listen to on a trip. Ken "White Shadow" Howard was the narrator. Holy cow was it a disappointment.

We had each heard a portion of it on Chapter A Day on the radio. Karl Schmidt and his editors did a fabulous job with that read (all the choices on WPR are abridged), and Ken couldn't hold a candle to it.

Absolutely it is a performance. I listened to Crime and Punishment by Anthony Heald a while back. He's mostly a character actor on the telly, but he was amazing. Unabridged - there is no other way.

George Cumby
11-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Black Cherry Blues read by Will Patton. He nails the Robicheaux.