PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL duds & studs

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Studs - Adams, Starks for steady play
duds - whole offensive line was leaky

Joemailman
11-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Arod threw for 4 TD's despite constant pressure. He wasn't perfect, but he weas pretty damn good.

Ha-Ha was a joke.

red
11-08-2015, 05:41 PM
masthay was shit, again

lindsay needs to be replaced by tretter, can't block anyone, and can't even snap the ball right

the whole defense was shit again

denverYooper
11-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Rodgers has to be on the stud list. He was getting his ass beat out there and was within a whisker of a 3-score comeback against a good defense.

If Bulaga doesn't get blown up, that could have been one for the old legend canister.

denverYooper
11-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Actually, Rodgers has been subject to intermittent failures from pretty much everyone on the OL outside of TJ Lang over the last 8 quarters.

Bossman641
11-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Studs - Rodgers, Starks
Duds - OL play, DL play, LB play, DB play, Peppers (can't talk shit when you do nothing all day), Masthay, Lacy

pbmax
11-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Neal seems like a Dud. At least three times he got pinned while the run went wide. One was that run on 3rd and 7 for 8 yards and a first.

Freak Out
11-08-2015, 08:42 PM
No studs. All duds. From TT to the water boy.

King Friday
11-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Rodgers has to be on the stud list. He was getting his ass beat out there and was within a whisker of a 3-score comeback against a good defense.

I think missing Cobb on the last play when it was designed to go to Cobb is enough to take Rodgers off the stud list. A stud doesn't miss that.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2015, 08:57 PM
I think missing Cobb on the last play when it was designed to go to Cobb is enough to take Rodgers off the stud list. A stud doesn't miss that.

Studs don't get scared:

“I had an easy opportunity for a pitch-and-catch touchdown, and I got scared by something. I can’t explain it. It was a mistake by myself. I’ll definitely be thinking about that one on the ride home.”

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Packers' defense gave up 37 points and 427 yards. It recorded 0 sacks and 2 QB hurries. Rookie Jake Ryan lead the team in tackles with 10 (6 solo and 4 assists)!

Pathetic.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm giving Randall a stud because of the key interception. He lost battles with some WRs, but his coverage was decent.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm giving a dud to 340 pound Raji shoving 210 pound Clinton Dix on sideline. That's a punk move.

King Friday
11-08-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm giving a dud to 340 pound Raji shoving 210 pound Clinton Dix on sideline. That's a punk move.

No...it's a vet telling the kid to shut up and move on. Yeah, the kid had a point, and it clearly hit a nerve. The defense played considerably better after the dust up.

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Rodgers was not a stud. I saw some stat to the effect of they had more drives with negative yards than positive yards in the first half. Just another brutal game offensively until garbage time. They did end up making a game of it - but the offense sucking is the reason the defense looks like trash. Harmonic synergy.

A few things:

1. What happened to the offensive line who kept Rodgers jersey clean last year during calfwatch? Did they just not get blitzed as much due to the offensive explosiveness?

2. Randall Cobb is clearly not a 1a/1b type guy. He is a very good slot guy but he isn't a special talent. Is he really all that much better than the fella in New England? He looks so tiny out there.

3. Damarious Randall seems to make a big play every week. He also takes some lumps every week. It will be interesting to see if he is able to reduce his mistakes and keep the big plays.

4. Cam Newton is a special talent.

RashanGary
11-08-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm giving Randall a stud because of the key interception. He lost battles with some WRs, but his coverage was decent.

I don't know about "stud" but he does look like a guy who might just turn out to be a very good player. For a rookie, he's either making the play or right there. And he makes some splash plays. Id bet on him being a good player for a lot of years.

Patler
11-08-2015, 11:34 PM
I don't know if he should be called a stud, but James Jones has to be recognized for making a heck of a catch when his team absolutely needed it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2015, 11:56 PM
No...it's a vet telling the kid to shut up and move on. Yeah, the kid had a point, and it clearly hit a nerve. The defense played considerably better after the dust up.

You were privy to the conversation? You think it is cool for a big guy to push around a little guy cause he thinks he is right in an argument?

The "vet" is a giant man-child, and he's not bullying a kid, he's threatening a man half his size. He's acting like a kid on a playground.

The defense played considerably better after the dust up.
You think the two are connected? Childish.

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Dud: Lacy. What is wrong with him?
Dud2: O-line. Of course, this could explain the first Dud.

MadtownPacker
11-09-2015, 05:01 AM
You were privy to the conversation? You think it is cool for a big guy to push around a little guy cause he thinks he is right in an argument?

The "vet" is a giant man-child, and he's not bullying a kid, he's threatening a man half his size. He's acting like a kid on a playground.

You think the two are connected? Childish.
If we dig hard enough we can find a post by you threatening to wrassle me into submission cuz you claimed you where bigger and outweighed me.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Studs

Rodgers for almost bringing us back despite lousy protection up front
Perry for at least 2 tackles for loss
Randall for getting an INT even tho he is getting picked on because he is a rookie
Starks for running hard until we had to abandon the run

Duds

O line for its poor play all around
Front 7 for not pressuring Cam and giving all damn day
Ha-Ha for his worse game in recent memory.
Lacy - is he out of shape or injured?

esoxx
11-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Studs don't get scared:

Getting scared on last offensive play with all the marbles on the line?

Dud

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 08:53 AM
It seems to me we're letting Stubby off the hook if he's not being mentioned as a DUD.

I didn't see his post-game presser, but last week he sort of blamed himself for the loss. This week I think he put it more on the players for not performing.
Made way too many mistakes & gave up too many big plays

The first half of that game yesterday to me was like a rerun of Denver. What did Stubby do this past week to fix either the offense or the defense?

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe Stubby has a screw loose?

pbmax
11-09-2015, 08:56 AM
It seems to me we're letting Stubby off the hook if he's not being mentioned as a DUD.

I didn't see his post-game presser, but last week he sort of blamed himself for the loss. This week I think he put it more on the players for not performing.

The first half of that game yesterday to me was like a rerun of Denver. What did Stubby do this past week to fix either the offense or the defense?

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe Stubby has a screw loose?

They ran a run heavy package to get the run game untracked and sent out new personnel packages with Abby and Ripper (and supposedly Janis) to show something new.

Then they had to junk it for the normal stuff they pass with in the second half when they were down by 3 scores.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 08:59 AM

No, he's just Stubby. And PBMax had predicted this scenario well before the fact. Stubby will not give up on his wonderfully and logically constructed plans after just one humiliating loss. It takes a few shocks to the system, and some lonely nights at the Golden Corral buffet before he comes around.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 09:00 AM
They ran a run heavy package to get the run game untracked and sent out new personnel packages with Abby and Ripper (and supposedly Janis) to show something new.

Then they had to junk it for the normal stuff they pass with in the second half when they were down by 3 scores.

Not with Abby. Abby didn't play.

New personnel packages? That's it. Gee, Stubby must have worked well into the night to think up that stuff.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 09:01 AM

I did see some of this stuff, and was shocked when they 1) went to Ripper and 2) did not go back to Ripper after the play worked so well.

BTW, I wasn't following the game day thread, but did people notice the fans yelling Kuhn when Ripper was on his big run?

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Not with Abby. Abby didn't play.

This is an evil rumor that someone started. 83 and 84 were seen on several offensive plays. I am 100% certain about 84 and about 90% certain about 83.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 09:05 AM
I did see some of this stuff, and was shocked when they 1) went to Ripper and 2) did not go back to Ripper after the play worked so well.

BTW, I wasn't following the game day thread, but did people notice the fans yelling Kuhn when Ripper was on his big run?

It wasn't "fans" yelling. It was Ted Thompson you heard.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
This is an evil rumor that someone started. 83 and 84 were seen on several offensive plays. I am 100% certain about 84 and about 90% certain about 83.

Then the NFL Gamebook Pdf is wrong: http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2015/151108-gamebook-panthers.pdf

Did Not Play
Did Not Play
QB 16 S.Tolzien, WR 84 J.Abbrederis

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 09:10 AM

Rand, you've developed this really bad habit of trusting your lying eyes rather than what I tell you. I'm putting you on probation.

pbmax
11-09-2015, 09:29 AM

They seemed to chant it several times when he wasn't involved. Either its close to a Carolina chant or the rain was obscuring player ID.

Patler
11-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Just watching the 1st quarter again. #84 very clearly on the field for at least one play in the second series. You can even see his nametag.

Not sure about #83.

Patler
11-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Just watched the third series. On 1st down #83 is in and goes in motion. Play nullified by a hold on Linsley.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Rand, you've developed this really bad habit of trusting your lying eyes rather than what I tell you. I'm putting you on probation.

Perhaps there is a vaccination for this condition?

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2015, 09:59 AM
If we dig hard enough we can find a post by you threatening to wrassle me into submission cuz you claimed you where bigger and outweighed me.

That was a 50 Shades of Gray thing.

Patler
11-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Next series, on 1st down, Tretter was in at one TE, with RRodgers. A run lost a yard.
2nd down, #83 was again in and went in motion. Rodgers overthrew Cobb deep.
3rd down, #84 was in, pass incomplete to Adams, with #84 not far away and clearly visible.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Just watching the 1st quarter again. #84 very clearly on the field for at least one play in the second series. You can even see his nametag.

Not sure about #83.

Wouldn't be the first time the official Gamebook was wrong.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Next series, on 1st down, Tretter was in at one TE, with RRodgers. A run lost a yard.
3rd down, #84 was in, pass incomplete to Adams, with #84 not far away and clearly visible.

I was RIGHT!

http://www.ricardogreene.cl/espectrofilia/splash/splash_8.png

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 10:17 AM

So we used the guys Arod religiously never throws to as...decoys? LOL. Stubby strikes again.

Freak Out
11-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I loved the play to Ripper...after he got the ball he took it to the Panthers. Was that play his only involvement with the offense?

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I loved the play to Ripper...after he got the ball he took it to the Panthers. Was that play his only involvement with the offense?Ripper played 2 offensive snaps.

Smidgeon
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
They seemed to chant it several times when he wasn't involved. Either its close to a Carolina chant or the rain was obscuring player ID.

They were saying "Luuuuuke" not "Kuuuuuuhn".

pbmax
11-09-2015, 10:40 AM

Well, there you have it.

Pugger
11-09-2015, 12:22 PM

I don't recall seeing Abby or Janis in on offense yesterday.

Patler
11-09-2015, 12:27 PM
I was RIGHT!

Must have been like that blind squirrel and a nut thing. ;-)
Or the stopped clock thing? ;-)

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Must have been like that blind squirrel and a nut thing. ;-)
Or the stopped clock thing? ;-)

Pretty much.

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends you could ask them.

Patler
11-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Pretty much.

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends you could ask them.

:grin:

Carolina_Packer
11-09-2015, 05:07 PM

I was there and heard it way too often!

There were tons of Packer fans and when the team started to make it interesting in the 4th quarter the stadium got the Go Pack Go! chant going. Really cool. Packer fans are the best.

Funny, there was a Panther fan in our section who was outnumbered by the Packer fans and she and her friends were trying to cheer against us. In the 4th quarter there were some empty seats including the one next to her, so when the Packers were trying to rally and the Panther fans were trying to get loud, the lady was rattling the seat next to her to make extra noise.

When it quieted down, I asked the Packer fan from Atlanta near me, hey Bill, you know why you can't make that kind of sound at Lambeau field? He played along and said I don't know, why? I said, because there aren't any empty seats and they are typically filled with Packer fans. The lady did not like that.

mraynrand
11-09-2015, 05:11 PM

There were tons of Packer fans and when the team started to make it interesting in the 4th quarter the stadium got the Go Pack Go! chant going. Really cool. Packer fans are the best.

Funny, there was a Panther fan in our section who was outnumbered by the Packer fans and she and her friends were trying to cheer against us. In the 4th quarter there were some empty seats including the one next to her, so when the Packers were trying to rally and the Panther fans were trying to get loud, the lady was rattling the seat next to her to make extra noise.

When it quieted down, I asked the Packer fan from Atlanta near me, hey Bill, you know why you can't make that kind of sound at Lambeau field? He played along and said I don't know, why? I said, because there aren't any empty seats and they are typically filled with Packer fans. The lady did not like that.

well played, sir. Repped.

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2015, 06:59 PM

That's really funny. I used to live in Charlotte. Panther fans are notorious for leaving the stadium in the 4th quarter no matter the score.

gbgary
11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
duds? nearly everyone...including the coaching staff.

there's nothing positive that be taken from that game yesterday. they failed the "test" on where they "measure up" in the league. plenty of time to fix stuff though. the next few games are soft but no "measurable" games except, to a small degree, min. can't take anything from wins over det and chi. they're just stat-padding events.

Carolina_Packer
11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
That's really funny. I used to live in Charlotte. Panther fans are notorious for leaving the stadium in the 4th quarter no matter the score.

Nothing has changed Maxie!

Also, I was talking to some Packer fans near me. Couldn't believe how many cheese heads I could see from the upper deck, along with empty seats! The Panthers are working on a perfect season, playing for the lead in the NFC and their stadium is not full? Huh?

Also, Mark Murphy walked right by our section and stopped to chat with Packer fans. If I had been on the end of my row instead of the middle I could have shook his hand, or like many fans, taken a selfie with him. You could tell after the tenth fan wanted him to do that he was ready to move on! Good guy for mingling with the fans.

Rastak
11-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Nothing has changed Maxie!

Also, I was talking to some Packer fans near me. Couldn't believe how many cheese heads I could see from the upper deck, along with empty seats! The Panthers are working on a perfect season, playing for the lead in the NFC and their stadium is not full? Huh?

Also, Mark Murphy walked right by our section and stopped to chat with Packer fans. If I had been on the end of my row instead of the middle I could have shook his hand, or like many fans, taken a selfie with him. You could tell after the tenth fan wanted him to do that he was ready to move on! Good guy for mingling with the fans.

Those Panther fans left I would guess were pretty fired up. They are sitting pretty nice in the NFL at the moment.

swede
11-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Repped for first Splash reference of the millenium.

I was RIGHT!