PDA

View Full Version : Lions Week

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:52 AM
So I have worked out the party responsible for starting all the Jeff Janis buzz on social and traditional media.

It is someone with time on their hands, access to reporters and technology. Has an intimate understanding of the situation inside 1265 Lombardi and the personalities involved. Knows both of Janis' shortcomings and strengths, but more importantly understands how the public feels about Janis and the offensive performance.

This person needs Janis in the starting lineup wreaking havoc even more than Maxie and Harlan want to see how he does with some playing time.

That person is Scott Tolzien. Or maybe Brett Hundley.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 7m7 minutes ago
IF THE PACKERS WANT A DEEP THREAT THEY HAVE ONE !!!!!!!!!!
HIS NAME IS CALLED JEFF JANIS! HE MAY NOT BE JORDY, BUT HE IS A DEEP THREAT

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:59 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/baranczyk%20/2015/11/09/lackluster-lacy-problem-packers/75466286/

Baranczyk makes four points:

1. Lacy is getting what's blocked and no more. Either hurt or unable.
2. Ryan played the run better than Palmer and should start. Reacts quicker.
3. Bulaga's various injuries have made his feet slow and its affecting his pass blocking
4. Randall will be good, but despite having inside technique on Funchess' TD, he got beat inside and had no hope. A rookie who has a lot to learn.

pbmax
11-10-2015, 12:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/24716/packers-sticking-with-tom-clements-as-play-caller-tweak-operation-slightly

Demovsky reports that Packers change up the sideline/coach's box roles. Alex Van Pelt was on the sideline with the QBs in Carolina with Clements. Gives Rodgers another body to talk to while Clements can plan for the next series.

Patler
11-10-2015, 12:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/24716/packers-sticking-with-tom-clements-as-play-caller-tweak-operation-slightly

Demovsky reports that Packers change up the sideline/coach's box roles. Alex Van Pelt was on the sideline with the QBs in Carolina with Clements. Gives Rodgers another body to talk to while Clements can plan for the next series.

I was wondering about MM's comment recently, that he might have put too much on Clement's plate. When MM called the plays, he had others on babysitting duty with the QBs. We already know that MM was not distracted by his defense on the field, because after the NFCCG he admitted to not knowing that Matthews had taken himself out. Apparently he spent his time planning the next O-series, and thinks Clements should, too.

Patler
11-10-2015, 12:45 PM
If Van Pelt is with Rodgers, who will pay attention to WRs?

pbmax
11-10-2015, 01:15 PM

Whoever was before because AVP came down from the booth.

Pugger
11-10-2015, 02:21 PM

I think Mike erred in having Van Pelt coach both the WRs and QBs. Only having one guy oversee these 2 groups could be the root of some of our offensive problems this season.

Pugger
11-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Didn't Edgar Bennett coach the WRs last year?

red
11-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Didn't Edgar Bennett coach the WRs last year?

He did at some point, but I don't remember if it was last year, or the year before

and reds free FF advice for the week. START MATT STAFFORD!!!!

Patler
11-10-2015, 06:38 PM

AVP was in the booth? MY GOD! If he babysits Rodgers, who will be in the booth? This is just a snowballing catastrophe. Very clear answer. They need to hire at least one if not more assistant coaches. Clearly that is the problem. They have got to get the player/coach ratio closer to 2:1.

Fritz
11-10-2015, 07:55 PM
AVP was in the booth? MY GOD! If he babysits Rodgers, who will be in the booth? This is just a snowballing catastrophe. Very clear answer. They need to hire at least one if not more assistant coaches. Clearly that is the problem. They have got to get the player/coach ratio closer to 2:1.

Funny you should mention that. I was looking at the official Packer's website, and the quietly have posted that a new assistant has been hired, and what's really odd, is that they now list where each coach will be on gameday - "sideline" or "booth."

So check it out. The new coach is a special teams guy.

I guess Zook will remain on the sideline, since the new coach is listed as "John Wilkes, Booth."

pbmax
11-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Solari went into the booth to keep Dom company.

GBPG: https://t.co/YgyUxFbVUE

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod Nov 9 Green Bay, WI
Tight end Andrew Quarless (knee) is eligible to return to practice this week. Said decision will probably be "made in a day or two" #Packers

Monday's PCs

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein Nov 9
New from JS: McCarthy: Role with offense not going to change http://ift.tt/1Y0EsjQ #Packers

COHEN HAD A WRITEUP ABOUT HOW M3 WAS BEING COY AND SOMETHING SEEMED TO BE BREWING (HE HAD A PLAY SHEET) BUT THE CHANGE HE REFERRED TO DURING THE WEEK WAS THE AVP/SOLARI BENCH/BOOTH SWAP

OC Edgar Bennett: We had a couple of mental errors that should not occur and were disappointing to see in protection. Not one group.

New from JS: Capers: The big plays jumped up and bit us http://ift.tt/1NnXQja #Packers

Bennett: Corrections were made and each guy understood mistake should not have happened based on how we go about things every week.

Bennett on Lacy: James Starks deserves right for playing time. It was obvious with his overall production. Eddie will have more opportunity.

Bennett on Lacy: He's an outstanding player. We want to get him going. Health plays a role. Feel good about the production he gives us.

Bennett on screens: An area we've been emphasizing in training camp. Takes all 11 guys. You can have screens against man and zone.

Tom Clements on final play: We ran before. Someone ran with Randall. It just didn't work out. A lot of things factor into a play.

Clements on personnel groupings: It was a start. We were trying to keep them off balance. Then we fell behind by a large margin.

Clements on play-calling operation: Been fine. We haven't been executing as well as we should.

Clements on Starks: He's made most of opportunities. Good player, runs hard. He's been productive and very happy with him.

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:13 PM
CAPERS PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport Nov 9
Defensive problems started on the third-and-16 when we "let them off the hook," Capers says in opening remarks. Field position key in 2nd Q

Capers: "We challenged the guys at halftime ... Any time you have a quarter like that, you see what you're made of."

Capers liked the grit the defense showed in the second half. Six series without allowing a first down.

"They fought their tails off and played more like we want to play in the second half," Capers says.

Capers had Panthers averaging 2.8 yards on their 33 called runs. (Scrambles increased that to 3.6 - still a good number.)

Capers says a lot of their blitzing was meant to fill rush lanes so Newton couldn't get out. Panthers max-protected as counter.

Capers on pass rush: Issue vs. Denver was run-pass mix and the quick pass. Vs. Newton, "can't rush too freely"

Capers on Jake Ryan: Did some good things. Playing time will be determined this week. "Jake can be an active guy." Smart, learning.

ALSO JSO: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/344127072.html

pbmax
11-10-2015, 11:16 PM
BENNETT PC

Bennett said a couple of "mental errors" in picking up blitzes. "It takes all 11" to protect the passer. "Everyone understands their role."

"They'll learn from that and it won't happen again," Bennett says of protection issues stemming from mental errors.

Bennett on getting Lacy going: "It's very important because he's an outstanding player."

Patler
11-11-2015, 02:09 AM
Solari went into the booth to keep Dom company.

GBPG: https://t.co/YgyUxFbVUE

The snowball continues. Now wonder the O-line played like crap. Not enough direct personal contact and oversight during the game. Clearly, Solari being on the sidelines to hold their hands and coddle them was key to their early season performance.

pbmax
11-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Very good story on problems so far on offense. Short version? With Adams and Nelson out, what worked before (which was already simpler than previous M3 offenses due to no huddle) is not working now. Especially when you can double Cobb or put the best cover guy on him.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/10/all-22-aaron-rodgers-packers-mike-mccarthy

Smidgeon
11-11-2015, 10:11 AM
He did at some point, but I don't remember if it was last year, or the year before

and reds free FF advice for the week. START MATT STAFFORD!!!!

You say that now. Wait until this weekend when Stafford has his best game of the season.

pbmax
11-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Update: At practice, cornerback Damarious Randall (ankle), cornerback Casey Hayward (concussion) and right tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee) did not practice. Cornerbacks Quinten Rollins (neck) and Sam Shields (shoulder) and receiver Ty Montgomery (ankle) returned to practice. Tight end Andrew Quarless, who is on injured reserve/designated for return, is eligible to practice this week but did not participate.

Would be very good to have Monty and Shields back, even if Randall is out.

Also, same source confirms Fosco's (http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1610331-starks-rises-to-top-of-packers-depth-chart) report about Lacy being demoted and Starks promoted to 1st team.

Cheesehead Craig
11-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Eddie Lacy was a limited participant, but it had nothing to do with injury

Joemailman
11-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Who could have predicted the Lacy situation? Over the last 4 games he's had 33 rushes for 78 yards. Starks' injury history probably makes the Packers reluctant to give him the ball 20+ times a game. Opponents don't fear the Packers deep passing game, and now they don't have to fear the Packers running game. No wonder a lot of the short-to-medium routes aren't working.

Lacy has dealt with depression before. I wonder where his mind is at these days.

pbmax
11-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
#Packers injury report: Bryan Bulaga (knee), Casey Hayward (concussion), Mike Neal (hip) and Damarious Randall (illness) did not practice.

Eddie Lacy (groin), T.J. Lang (back), Clay Matthews (ankle/knee), Ty Montgomery (ankle), Nick Perry (shoulder/hand) were limited.

Sam Shields (shoulder) and Josh Sitton (back) were also limited.

Morgan Burnett (ankle), Micah Hyde (quadricep) and Quinten Rollins (neck) were full participants.

RANDALL IS OK. REPEAT, RANDALL IS OK. EVERYBODY BREATHE OUT. HE'S JUST SPENDING SOME QUALITY TIME WITH THE COMMODE.

red
11-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Is anyone going to mentioned that lacy has officially been demoted to second string?

Starks is now the starter

King Friday
11-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Is anyone going to mentioned that lacy has officially been demoted to second string?

Starks is now the starter

What is there to talk about? That is exactly the decision that has to be made at this point. Lacy isn't in football shape. Starks offers more of a punch as a receiver out of the backfield, and is a better pass blocker too which doesn't hurt considering the current issues with the OL.

Fritz
11-12-2015, 05:38 AM
What is there to talk about? That is exactly the decision that has to be made at this point. Lacy isn't in football shape. Starks offers more of a punch as a receiver out of the backfield, and is a better pass blocker too which doesn't hurt considering the current issues with the OL.

What a low point this is. This team looks awful - offensively and defensively. And Masthay, too.

I predict a narrow, ugly victory over Detroit, and much gnashing of teeth following.

Pugger
11-12-2015, 05:48 AM
What a low point this is. This team looks awful - offensively and defensively. And Masthay, too.

I predict a narrow, ugly victory over Detroit, and much gnashing of teeth following.

If the team is as awful as you suggest Detroit is going to win in Wisconsin for the first time in eons this Sunday. It will not be healthy for any of us to visit any Packers' forums again until the 2016 draft.

Fritz
11-12-2015, 06:04 AM
What I'm trying to say is that they're awful right now, and I don't think it's all going to be fixed in one game.

I don't know how far this team will go; I'm just trying to give some perspective. Right now the team looks horrible - but it's close to the same team that came within a whisker of the SB.

That's what's so appealing and maddening.

denverYooper
11-12-2015, 06:14 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're awful. I'd say they played 6 quarters of unfocused football on the road against 2 unbeaten teams.

ThunderDan
11-12-2015, 09:15 AM

It would then be a pretty close approximation of what happen in the 2010 Packer-Lion game at Lambeau. Sean Hill (yup Stafford was out at QB that week) led the Lions to 431 yards and 6 scores.

Fortunately for the Pack we held Det to 4 FG in the 2nd half and won 28-26. Fans were screaming at each other in the stands every time Det marched down the field only to be stopped for FGs.

I remember leaving the game and thinking it felt like a loss even though we won. If I remember correctly that was also the weekend that Vick got his ribs crunched in the late game and had to be taken out. We went to the Stadium View after the game and had a few trying to wait out the traffic.

KYPack
11-12-2015, 09:33 AM
What's the word out of Michigan, Fritz?

Do the Leo's smell blood in the water or is everyone just trying to hold onto their jobs?

pbmax
11-12-2015, 12:32 PM
This new Sports Science stuff is bunk. Next year back to KFC Thursdays and flipping tractor tires.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 17m17 minutes ago
#Packers practice: Bulaga (knee), Hayward (concussion), Shields (shoulder), Rollins (neck), all in pads working. Sitton, Neal (hip) not.

Erich Zellmer ‏@ErichZellmer
@TomSilverstein Randall? He missed yesterday, right?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 14m14 minutes ago
Illness. He was back.

Fritz
11-12-2015, 02:31 PM
What's the word out of Michigan, Fritz?

Do the Leo's smell blood in the water or is everyone just trying to hold onto their jobs?

Mostly the players are just trying to hang on to their jobs. It's the ol' "we're all playing for our professional lives; we are going out there to battle. Every play is tape that other teams in the league see and evaluate. It'd be a bad idea to think you can give up or give in."

So, yeah, the'yre scrambling to stay employed.

George Cumby
11-12-2015, 03:33 PM
So desperate and dangerous?

pbmax
11-14-2015, 07:43 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-mike-pennel-making-most-of-snaps-b99615502z1-348209941.html

Injury list: Linebacker Mike Neal, the only player to miss practice Wednesday and Thursday, is set to play Sunday against the Detroit Lions at Lambeau Field.

He was listed as questionable with a hip injury.

"I'm good," Neal said Friday. "This is the best physically that I've felt. By Wednesday, I was good. The (medical) staff does a good job of saying, 'Just chill out. I don't care if you feel like you can (practice). Relax.'"

Neal has played 395 of the 555 defensive snaps, or 71.2%. "I've played a lot of snaps, a lot more than I have in the past," he said.

Also listed as questionable entering practice Saturday were running back Eddie Lacy (groin), wide receiver Ty Montgomery (ankle) and cornerback Sam Shields (shoulder). Eleven players were listed as probable.

pbmax
11-14-2015, 07:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTuLe4hUAAEoEN-.jpg:large

mmmdk
11-14-2015, 08:46 AM
I know this doesn't belong here but packerrats FYI is a nest for extremists. Is Packerrats a cell for extremism or do you not care? I've been in Green Bay 3 times and I don't believe how this place is run is truly representative of the Packer people I know and the random Packer fans that I've met. Why do you not care? These extemists really gives packer nation a bad name and I believe it's time to do something about it. The easy thing is ban me but I'll come back expose these degenerates.

If a Lions win tomorrow could "kill" these low Lifes then I fucking hope the Lions win.

mmmdk
11-14-2015, 09:25 AM
A sincere apology to the good people on PR and I include the good people where our opinions and beliefs may differ - you are not the target and never will be. Yet I have no tolerance for extremists and their sick minds. I do not apologies to them and I never will.

Fritz
11-14-2015, 09:31 AM
So desperate and dangerous?

Mostly just desperate.

Look, if the Packers cannot beat this Lions team at home, then things are way more effed up than any of us here can imagine. The Lions' offensive line, despite containing two first-round picks and two third-round picks, has been worse maybe than the Packers' offensive line the last two games. The defense will be missing one of their starting corners, Deandre Levy is gone, Tulloch old and slow, the Idhegibo slow. Their only real player is Ansah on the defensive line.

Stafford is a mess. Abdullah fumbles a lot.

If the Packers lose this one, then, ruh-roh, Rastro.

pbmax
11-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
New from JS: WR Montgomery doubtful for game against Detroit; Neal, Shields likely to play http://ift.tt/1loFPuM #Packers

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Eddie Lacy was once again a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

Pugger
11-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Eddie Lacy was once again a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

Then on the injury report they just made up an ailment and that is why he isn't practicing?

Freak Out
11-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
New from JS: WR Montgomery doubtful for game against Detroit; Neal, Shields likely to play http://ift.tt/1loFPuM #Packers

Shocking that the offense would miss a rookie WR/KR so much. But man have things changed since he went down.

Pugger
11-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Shocking that the offense would miss a rookie WR/KR so much. But man have things changed since he went down.

It isn't just Ty. It is also having the other WRs outside of Abby and Janis banged up.

pbmax
11-14-2015, 02:46 PM
It isn't just Ty. It is also having the other WRs outside of Abby and Janis banged up.

This is probably true. If Adams had a more normal second year, three primary weapons on pass offense probably change things. However, it was still a matter of conjecture.

Monty was already giving them some crucial first downs and unexpected plays.

red
11-14-2015, 04:01 PM
monty has just been downgraded to "doubtful"

seems like another minor "packer injury" that lasts way too long

mraynrand
11-14-2015, 04:11 PM

It was like the final straw. It really seemed like the offense went totally in the tank right after that injury in the SD game.

red
11-14-2015, 04:20 PM
It was like the final straw. It really seemed like the offense went totally in the tank right after that injury in the SD game.

really? that game?

the offense hasn't looked right yet this season imo, and some others opinion

except maybe the chiefs game where a-rod had a big game

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Then on the injury report they just made up an ailment and that is why he isn't practicing?

Nope. I'm just saying that Lacy is limited in what he can do from an ability standpoint. Hence, the limited participant label.

mraynrand
11-14-2015, 04:41 PM
really? that game?

the offense hasn't looked right yet this season imo, and some others opinion

except maybe the chiefs game where a-rod had a big game

yeah, I think so. Things seemed to get remarkably worse right after that. Cobb was being doubled and there was no one else.

Probably time to run the offense through Ripkowski. We could call it the 'Grape Nuts' offense.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/d6a692cac5ab42c6c0585d0cda2e010432771e99/c=0-0-3443-4590&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2015/08/23/WIGroup/PackersNews/635759473496195579-Packers-Patriots-Foot-Sche.jpg

mraynrand
11-14-2015, 04:42 PM

Lacy (fat) limited