PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson

Tony Oday
11-12-2015, 03:43 PM
So with the Leo's in FULL rebuild mode for the 15th time in the last 24 years he could and more than likely will be on the move. Think he would sign a cap friendly deal to win with say the Packers or NE?

He already has his cash does he want a ring?

mraynrand
11-12-2015, 04:04 PM
doubtful Packers, likely NE. TT doesn't like to sign free agents who can take the Packers over the hump into the Superbowl, just the FAs that can extend winning regular seasons and keep the seats full to enlarge the bank accounts of the board, etc.

But I like the thread title - it draws you in. :)

mraynrand
11-12-2015, 04:07 PM
doubtful Packers, likely NE. TT doesn't like to sign free agents who can take the Packers over the hump into the Superbowl, just the FAs that can extend winning regular seasons and keep the seats full to enlarge the bank accounts of the board, etc.

snide bastard!

swede
11-12-2015, 10:10 PM

snide bastard!

Go easy on the guy...his material is usually better. Well, sometimes less snide.

Pugger
11-13-2015, 06:53 AM
There is no way in hell Detroit is gonna trade Megatron to us or any other NFCN team any time soon. They'll probably ship him off to the AFC.

Fritz
11-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Johnson is already fading into a shell of his former self. By next season, you'd rather have Adams than him on the field.

Not this Sunday, but by next season.

sharpe1027
11-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Johnson is already fading into a shell of his former self. By next season, you'd rather have Adams than him on the field.

Not this Sunday, but by next season.

IDK. This Sunday I would very much like for Adams to be on the field and Johnson to not be on the field.

Tony Oday
11-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Do they even trade him? The market is what a 4th rounder? I really have no idea I could just see him wanting to leave and win for a change.

smuggler
11-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Megatron has no trade value anyway. They don't want his salary, so they'll cut him. Why riddle yourself with a huge contract AND give away a pick when you could do neither?

Harlan Huckleby
11-13-2015, 05:39 PM
I still think TT should package Perillo & Mulumba in a trade with Chicago for Martellus Bennett.

Teamcheez1
11-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Culled from PFT on the obstacles of trading Johnson:

Johnson is signed for four more seasons beyond 2015, with a cap number of $24 million in 2016. Trading him would result in a cap charge of $12.9 million, but they’d pick up a net of $11.1 million, and they’d avoid a base salary of $15.95 million.
The base salary could be a problem for a new team, because few would endorse nearly $16 million in 2016 for Calvin Johnson.

Fritz
11-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Any new GM worth his salt in Detroit would either try to get him to re-negotiate his contract down, or cut him. Or both.

He can still go up and get the contested long ball, but his body is breaking down. You wouldn't want him in GB next year. At least not if the other receivers are healthy.