PDA

View Full Version : Dayne Cut- What do you think?

POLISHHAWK
09-02-2006, 02:48 PM
With Dayne cut; would he be a good pick up for us? He's coming from a team that has the same blocking scheme as us. Plus, a fellow Wisconsin Alumnia.

mmmdk
09-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I saw that too but he's injured. Turf toe and Denver wasted $750.000 on signing bonus back in march 2006. Dayne looked good last season, I don't know what he can do now.

b bulldog
09-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Looked good in a few games, saying he looked good last season as a hole is a stretch!

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Texans signed him. You all know how I feel about Dayne. Let's just say I'm glad he signed with Shermy and the Texans.

digitaldean
09-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Looked good in a few games, saying he looked good last season as a hole is a stretch!

Off of KFFL.com

Dayne signed a 1 year deal with Shermy and the Texans.

MateoInMex
09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I feel bad for Ron Dayne. I don 't believe he had a fair deal in NY. Yes, he got paid, but he needed an entirely new system to flourish in.

The bad thing is the Giants didn't trade him soon enough to allow him to work better in a new scheme.

Dayne does well in Texans, it will make Kubiak and Charmin look like a genious...IMO Dayne needed a new start. Too little, too late...the guy was a bulldozer.

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
I think Denver made a good decision.

I appreciate all the things Dayne did for UW, but he was never a viable pro prospect. He's a big guy who doesn't run big. He's fast when he gets a chance to work up a head of steam, but that just doesn't happen much in the pros. The hole closes too quickly for him.