PDA

View Full Version : No more excuses for Aaron.

yetisnowman
11-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 05:01 PM
He will get knocked out of the game next week, so your Tolzien era can begin.

As much as you hold him responsible, and he's not been sharp, the O-line, Lacy, and the receiving corps are total disasters.

yetisnowman
11-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Adams got free a couple of times early and Aaron missed throws. The OL was fine today. Did u miss him hitting the dirt on 6 easy completions today? He is the heartbeat of the offense. He is a veteran. Any blame should go through him first and foremost

pbmax
11-15-2015, 05:17 PM
He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.

red
11-15-2015, 05:17 PM
the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies

Tony Oday
11-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.

red
11-15-2015, 05:20 PM
He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.

is that what that meant?

they showed that stat with 3 sacks, 7 hits and 10 knockdowns or whatever it was

i wasn't sure if that meant 10 total knockdoens with 7 being hits and 3 being sacks or if it was sacks+ hits+knockdowns

if it was 20, then he got hit a third of the time he dropped back to thrown, thats a lot

Patler
11-15-2015, 05:23 PM
McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

At this point, I don't have a clue.

red
11-15-2015, 05:26 PM
McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.

Same could be said about Adam's only three times over.

Patler
11-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.

I said that in the playoff loss last year. Injured calf or not, I thought there were poor decisions on several plays in their final drive. I discussed it play by play, but most simply said, "it's the calf...."

so, I agree with you on this. Other than the one SB run, in many, many clutch situations, instead of throwing the inexplicable pick as Favre would often do, Rodgers can't seem to pull the trigger at times.

That said, today I don't blame him for the two point conversion failure. Watching replays, Adams appeared to want to cradle ot against his body. Extended arms, and a catch with his hands ala James Jones may have avoided the db.

Tony Oday
11-15-2015, 05:39 PM
The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.

3irty1
11-15-2015, 06:01 PM
There's no one reason you lose to the worst team in the league at home for the first time since the USSR was a thing.

The only guy I can say is part of the solution instead of part of the problem is James Starks.

Rutnstrut
11-15-2015, 06:07 PM
The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.

It wasn't the officiating, it was the flat, lackluster play by the offense.

Rutnstrut
11-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Watching Tom Brady today, he looks much better than Rodgers even when he has a bad series. But that could be the Patriot's superior coaching.

King Friday
11-15-2015, 06:26 PM

There are about 18 different factors screwing this offense up. The coaching staff's inability to craft a unique game plan is probably near the top. Rodgers' sudden transformation into a "scared" player who has happy feet is also near the top.

This time, they can't complain about the game being against an elite defense on the road. This was a stinker at home to a lousy defense. McCarthy has to make wholesale changes at this point, or risks throwing away the season.

pbmax
11-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Well Tausch, McCarren and Bob's scouts can wait. Don Barclay was at Left Tackle for a good portion of the second half and somehow the left side didn't light itself on fire. He had a better game than Bach has had on several occasions.

There is no doubt some portion of the hits are Rodgers waiting to throw. But he had pressure from all quarters but Barclay today. There is clearly a problem with protection calls with unexpected pressure up the middle. Its like the line is doing a half slide protection one way, opening the middle and Rodgers is telling Starks to block anywhere but the middle.

Early in the game though, he had time. Once the pressure started, things got worse.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 07:41 PM
you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either

Ya, I think they are full of shit. Watch - on almost every drop back, Bacteria and Beluga are surrendering 3 steps towards Rodgers. He never gets a clean pocket. And I think it's also made him skittish, so he's to blame for that. Then add that receivers are blanketed, and maybe not doing what Rodgers expects (maybe part his fault too). It's a combination mess, but I think it starts with the tackles, and now the interior is doing the same thing.

Patler
11-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had leverage which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had outside leverage, which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.

Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 08:40 PM

But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...

Patler
11-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.

Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.

Patler
11-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Another interesting tidbit from Rodgers on a play that had pressure up the middle. I forget which play right now. He said the call was for the blockers to allow pressure up the middle, his intent was to roll right and he said the rushers there would be no problem. But, he said he hesitated, then went left instead, right at the guys they let come through. He said he made that one look awful bad when the line did as they were supposed to.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.

I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.

Patler
11-15-2015, 08:53 PM
I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.

Regardless, I will probably go with the McCarren/Rodgers analysis, because, .....well....., you probably get the idea. :-)

mr_blonde
11-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers can go fuck himself sideways and die.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-calls-out-fan-for--prejudicial--comment-during-moment-of-silence-233808944.html

The little pussy is offended ...... oh, too bad.
I'm finished with this cunt. If the Packers cut him tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Fucking faggot. (And don't be fooled, Rodgers is as queer as a two dollar bill)

pbmax
11-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Rodgers flat admitted after the game he came off Cobb nearly immediately when he spied what Tillman was doing (inside leverage on Jones). Didn't think the pick would work that well. What scared him off the throw was Tillman's technique. He said he was wrong not to trust the route.

Everyone on the planet thought the pass rush is what scared him, including Jaworski who was bellowing something about seeing ghosts this weekend.

I think the pressure kept him from staying on Cobb or Jones (Jones broke open too it was such a good pick) for any length of time. As it turned out, the bigger threat was up the middle and he side stepped into it.

Bob's scouts are overselling a mediocre performance. The line is problematic, but talented, and it can get its act together for a while. Its also having trouble with middle pressure for the first time since the RBs were rookies.

pbmax
11-15-2015, 09:06 PM
But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...

I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.

Patler
11-15-2015, 09:20 PM
I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.

and more plays have been identified in which Rodgers does have available targets, even if not wide open, but doesn't throw. It is a snowballing effect from the play of the OL, receivers and QB.

I think equal blame is deserved.

call_me_ishmael
11-15-2015, 09:50 PM

I feel like we rarely run three step drops and that is part of the problem. 3 steps and sling it - but that won't work if DBs are raping your WRs in man. It seems people found the way to beat the Packers - take the Seattle approach. You know the refs aren't going to call the PI every play, so rape away.

Striker
11-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Seems to be less getting beat physically, more to do with communication issues/blown assignments for the line.

Patler
11-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Seems to be less getting beat physically, more to do with communication issues/blown assignments for the line.

and that makes no sense for a line that has been together for a year+, parts of it for much longer than that. Why now all of a sudden? Have they tried to change something that isn't working?

Maybe we can blame it all on the new OL assistant?
Ya, that's it! It's his fault!
Fire his ass!

pbmax
11-15-2015, 10:17 PM

Some of their small scale adjustments have come back to bite them. Someone mentioned elsewhere that Rodgers told the O line to leave the middle unblocked and he was going to roll out right. That probably has worked like a charm for years. But with Bulaga retreating faster than ever, he wasn't able to move to his right as he normally would.

wpony
11-15-2015, 10:18 PM
I as going to try and stay away from the site today and I should have but I didnt and read this thread and cant believe what I am reading call Chicago you few whiners out there I know they would be glad to trade cutler for him have you forgot how long he held the record for highest qb ranking in a row I mean come on get serious yes something is wrong right now they will get it fixed but until then dont bite the hand that will be leading your team to many more wins division tittles and even sb ? but for the know it alls I bet if you really wanted to trade him and go with our back ups you would have teams lining up to get him.
I bet you all remember how well that went the last time Arod got hurt YA RIGHT any way tear me .apart all you want but wake the hell up he is our leader .

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 11:14 PM

The likeness is frightening

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Jefferson_Two_Dollar_Bill_Closeup.jpg
https://38.media.tumblr.com/f42ab0259a73b16f27c0a47d66642b5e/tumblr_mynkirpxhX1s5i1w5o1_400.gif

George Cumby
11-15-2015, 11:24 PM
As disturbed as I am by the loss today I am profoundly disturbed by how this losing attitude, this lack of edge is affecting all of you.

The answer is painfully clear and I am aghast that none of you has identified it:

Olivia Munn.

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 11:27 PM
As disturbed as I am by the loss today I am profoundly disturbed by how this losing attitude, this lack of edge is affecting all of you.

The answer is painfully clear and I am aghast that none of you has identified it:

Olivia Munn.

JimX and Red IDed Yoko in another thread. The muse has soured and ruined the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP6AH1zElKg

George Cumby
11-15-2015, 11:30 PM
Time for her to go. After all, Rodgers is apparently a faggot.

Patler
11-15-2015, 11:46 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Jefferson_Two_Dollar_Bill_Closeup.jpg
https://38.media.tumblr.com/f42ab0259a73b16f27c0a47d66642b5e/tumblr_mynkirpxhX1s5i1w5o1_400.gif

Did I see a flash of Ellen Degenerate in there?

Smidgeon
11-16-2015, 01:05 AM
and that makes no sense for a line that has been together for a year+, parts of it for much longer than that. Why now all of a sudden? Have they tried to change something that isn't working?

Maybe we can blame it all on the new OL assistant?
Ya, that's it! It's his fault!
Fire his ass!

It's whatever is bothering Lacy. Before Lacy, the line was still a tire fire. Lacy was drafted, and the defenses had to respect that. Lacy (for whatever reason) fell off this year. The O Line followed. It is now back where it was pre-Lacy.

SkinBasket
11-16-2015, 07:52 AM
It wasn't the officiating, it was the flat, lackluster play by the offense.

I've always thought this was bullshit. Yes, the offense played poorly. Part of that was 24 mainly, and the Lion DBs in general, being allowed to pull, grab, and armbar at will, the entire game. That was a shit performance by the officiating crew and it directly affected the integrity of the game. First time since SEA replacement refs that I felt officiating was that bad that it made the game not worth watching.

pbmax
11-16-2015, 10:22 AM
It was also the polar opposite of the way the Cardinals/Seahawks game was called. The refs in the late game didn't like calling DPI (though there was at least one) according to numbers Pete Carroll had, but they led the league in illegal contact and defensive holding.

Legion of Gloom drew a LOT of flags. Two of the Cardinal drives were basically penalty shots.

Just as Baseball has gotten its umpire the game your way problem under control, the NFL has 12 different sets of rules each week.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 10:53 AM
I've always thought this was bullshit. Yes, the offense played poorly. Part of that was 24 mainly, and the Lion DBs in general, being allowed to pull, grab, and armbar at will, the entire game. That was a shit performance by the officiating crew and it directly affected the integrity of the game. First time since SEA replacement refs that I felt officiating was that bad that it made the game not worth watching.

It's one of those things where you never know what would have happened, but you know it affected the game. Kudos to Detroit for gaming the system - sometimes cheaters prosper...

http://media.philly.com/images/080613-Belichick-600.jpg

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 11:15 AM
the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies

Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.

Following your thorough review of all NFL quarterbacks over the past three decades, where would you rank Rodgers in big moment choke percentage? And how much of that is based on his own performance that led him to those big moments that he could then proceed to choke away. In other words, there are a lot of QBs who have choked very few times in big games simply because they weren't talented enough to get their teams to such games.
Next, how fair are you in evaluating who is at fault for missed connections? Seems I recall there were blocking issues and other issues in some of the missed connections in the Giant's game.
Finally, how often and how carefully do you acknowledge the opposite - the times that only Rodger's big game performances led to big game victories?

In summary, I think you have an extremely skewed view. The only thing I agree with you on is this, with modification: "He is also to blame for this debacle." How did you calculate your percent blame?

Rutnstrut
11-16-2015, 11:55 AM
In Rodgers defense, in almost all of those big games he has "choked" in. His shitty defense has put him in a terrible position, had the D just played solid in most those games. ARod would never have had to pull a rabbit out of his ass. That of course was NOT the case yesterday, but definitely was in the past.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 12:00 PM
In Rodgers defense, in almost all of those big games he has "choked" in. His shitty defense has put him in a terrible position, had the D just played solid in most those games. ARod would never have had to pull a rabbit out of his ass. That of course was NOT the case yesterday, but definitely was in the past.

He's had shortcomings in some of those games. He shoulda hit Jennings in AZ. At least two passes in the Giants game were on him. Yesterday though, was a level of badness that's not typical for him. Hope it doesn't keep trending that way.

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Well out of his 11 career playoff games he has played well in 4 of them. And I feel like 4 is being generous, considering I'm counting his first first playoff game in which he had the ball in his hands, with the game on the line, and choked. I'm not arguing he's bad, just not clutch. As I said in the original post, the guy racks up gaudy numbers against lower tier teams. When he plays a good defense he almost always sucks. The gold standard in the NFL right now is Tom Brady, look at what he has done with journeymen receivers for 15 years. Look at his current makeshift O-LINE. He doesn't whine about injuries, and the o-line, and the weather, and the refs, and his strained vagina. Every week, every year, I just see the gap between these two "all time greats" widening dramatically.

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 12:15 PM

The last 2 playoff losses the defense played well enough to win. We held Wilson to his worst statistical performance of his career, and Aaron couldn't outplay him. This construction of the Packers isn't designed to beat teams 12 to 10.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 12:23 PM
When he plays a good defense he almost always sucks.

Well this is brilliant, considering that what makes a defense good, is that they stop offenses.

What's a good defense? A defense that stops Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.
How does Aaron play against good defenses? He sucks.

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Well this is brilliant, considering that what makes a defense good, is that they stop offenses.

What's a good defense? A defense that stops Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.
How does Aaron play against good defenses? He sucks.

Well in the history of the NFL, I'm sure some quarterbacks have competed well against good defenses and made some winning plays. But I guess we should never EXPECT Aaron to win a game late in the playoffs, because typically the last 4-8 teams left in the NFL postseason have some good defenses. The troubling trend this season is he and the offense are starting to make bad/mediocre defenses look great.

Airin' Rodgers
11-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Rodgers deserves a lot of the blame for yesterday's lost. He was bad most of the day. But why are we ridiculing his performance late? The last 10 minutes are really the only stretch where he played well.

He led a TD drive, the defense got burned. He led another TD drive, Adams dropped the 2 point conversion that would have tied it. We recover an onside kick with 32 seconds left, he gets us into field goal range. Crosby/Masthay botched it.

Did he perform poorly most of the day? Obviously. But he definitely did not "choke" at the end.

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Rodgers deserves a lot of the blame for yesterday's lost. He was bad most of the day. But why are we ridiculing his performance late? The last 10 minutes are really the only stretch where he played well.

He led a TD drive, the defense got burned. He led another TD drive, Adams dropped the 2 point conversion that would have tied it. We recover an onside kick with 32 seconds left, he gets us into field goal range. Crosby/Masthay botched it.

Did he perform poorly most of the day? Obviously. But he definitely did not "choke" at the end.

The 2pt conversion throw was not accurate enough. If he leads Adams outside, it's a catch. The throw was too far inside toward the defender who knocked the ball out of his hands. It was not a drop. Last week same scenario. Game on the line, Aaron didn't make the throw he needed to make.

Bossman641
11-16-2015, 03:14 PM
The 2pt conversion throw was not accurate enough. If he leads Adams outside, it's a catch. The throw was too far inside toward the defender who knocked the ball out of his hands. It was not a drop. Last week same scenario. Game on the line, Aaron didn't make the throw he needed to make.

I'll agree the 2 point ball could have been thrown better, but it would help if the OL didn't allow immediate pressure right up the gut. Even with the throw being a little off Adams should have gone up and snagged the ball rather than try to cradle it.

red
11-16-2015, 03:20 PM
I'll agree the 2 point ball could have been thrown better, but it would help if the OL didn't allow immediate pressure right up the gut. Even with the throw being a little off Adams should have gone up and snagged the ball rather than try to cradle it.

yeah, that one play sums up the whole game nicely. lots of blame to go around

Zool
11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Well this is one fucking stupid thread. Thank you internet anonymity. You give a voice to the voiceless who should have remained that way.

Rutnstrut
11-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Well this is one fucking stupid thread. Thank you internet anonymity. You give a voice to the voiceless who should have remained that way.

Why is it a stupid thread? Just because some of us can see that Rodgers doesn't walk on water, doesn't mean we don't think he's a good player. Some people just choose to call things as they see them.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 05:33 PM

your post certainly improved it :roll:

Pugger
11-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Watching Tom Brady today, he looks much better than Rodgers even when he has a bad series. But that could be the Patriot's superior coaching.

Do you think Rodgers is missing having a position coach that is only responsible for him and the other QBs? I'm beginning to suspect have Van Pelt in charge of both the QBs and WRs is doing neither position any favors.

red
11-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Do you think Rodgers is missing having a position coach that is only responsible for him and the other QBs? I'm beginning to suspect have Van Pelt in charge of both the QBs and WRs is doing neither position any favors.

well, what we do know for sure is that he sure as hell isn't improving the chemistry between the QB's and his WR's

deake
11-16-2015, 07:15 PM
On the last two drives, does Rodgers pretty well call the plays or is he still getting it from the sidelines? Seems he was right on the last two drives, either it's the pace of the game or the play calling but if they/he could play the whole 60 minutes like the last 10 we'ld be okay.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Not a fantastic throw, but good enough. Adams let that ball get into his body and he knew it.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 07:37 PM
On the last two drives, does Rodgers pretty well call the plays or is he still getting it from the sidelines? Seems he was right on the last two drives, either it's the pace of the game or the play calling but if they/he could play the whole 60 minutes like the last 10 we'ld be okay.

I was wondering about this too: why were they able to score at will at the end of the last 2 games when they absolutely had to in order to catch up? What is going on the rest of the game where they cannot move the ball as well? Are they just being forced into taking more risks and happen to be pretty good at making those pay off?

Actually, I think 1 factor is that Rodgers is willing to take more punishment at the end of the game in order to pull it out. Maybe the first 3 quarters are mostly an act of self preservation.

Maxie the Taxi
11-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Not a fantastic throw, but good enough. Adams let that ball get into his body and he knew it.

Adams Draft Profile says:

Extends outside his frame and plucks the ball out of the air. Natural hands-catcher. Terrific athlete with good leaping ability and anticipation to properly time jumps and highpoint the ball. Wins jumpballs in the red zone and shows very good hand-eye coordination to take the ball away from defenders.

He sure didn't show that Sunday. I think he's overrated.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 07:50 PM
I've heard the comparison thrown around today between Rodgers's last 3 games and Brady's first 4 games of 2014. Everyone was wondering whether Brady was done at the beginning of last year and he went on to win the superbowl. That's the wax and wane of the league... teams figure out a way to stymie good teams/players and those teams and players usually get past it and elevate their game or figure out a way around.

M3 has overseen a stretch of offensive funk in most years. It typically has been at the beginning of the year. The Packers always seem to work through it.

Rodgers too will work through his issues. If he's getting eaten up on the way his WRs are getting covered, he'll figure out where they're open.

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 08:21 PM

A better throw doesn't force Adams to have to use the middle of his body to catch the ball/impede the defender. He could have made a tougher grab at it and the Db made a great play, but if Aaron makes an accurate throw none of that matters. Our offense and the team's success is dependent on him making crisp, good throws. Not just ok ones. Especially with our receivers struggling to find space.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 08:28 PM
A better throw doesn't force Adams to have to use the middle of his body to catch the ball/impede the defender. He could have made a tougher grab at it and the Db made a great play, but if Aaron makes an accurate throw none of that matters. Our offense and the team's success is dependent on him making crisp, good throws. Not just ok ones. Especially with our receivers struggling to find space.

Maybe Rodgers is going Galt.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Our offense and the team's success is dependent on him making crisp, good throws.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm......crispy throws....

http://f.tqn.com/y/animatedtv/1/L/O/7/1/simpHomerDrool_2006f.jpg

yetisnowman
11-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Crispy throws you taste so good.

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2015, 08:00 AM

A better throw happens when a defender isn't unblocked right up the middle

Zool
11-17-2015, 08:18 AM
your post certainly improved it :roll:

Thanks! I thought so too.

pbmax
11-17-2015, 08:19 AM
The lesson is this:

Losing after winning is terrible. Cub fans are so gonna regret this brief flirtation with competitiveness.

Patler
11-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes, Rodgers could have made Adams' (or is it Adams's) job easier, but Adams isn't paid to catch only the easy ones. He was at much at fault as Rodgers.

If Rodgers has to be perfect for our receivers to perform well, this is way out of wack.

Maxie the Taxi
11-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Even though Adams is in his second year, he made a classic rookie mistake. You can't wait for the ball to come to you in the NFL.

denverYooper
11-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Yes, Rodgers could have made Adams' (or is it Adams's) job easier, but Adams isn't paid to catch only the easy ones. He was at much at fault as Rodgers.

If Rodgers has to be perfect for our receivers to perform well, this is way out of wack.

Eli Manning agrees.

yetisnowman
11-17-2015, 09:46 AM
A better throw happens when a defender isn't unblocked right up the middle

It was a 2 step drop with single coverage on Adams. The play was designed to take the blitz out of the equation, and it did. He didn't have a hand in his face or get hit as he was throwing. He is an elite NFL qb, he has to play better. That includes making some plays with defenders within 5 feet of him. I know the o-line is very culpable in all of this, but on the last play it was not the issue.

mraynrand
11-17-2015, 10:02 AM
It was a 2 step drop with single coverage on Adams. The play was designed to take the blitz out of the equation, and it did. He didn't have a hand in his face or get hit as he was throwing. He is an elite NFL qb, he has to play better. That includes making some plays with defenders within 5 feet of him. I know the o-line is very culpable in all of this, but on the last play it was not the issue.

How close was the defender during his throwing motion?

Pugger
11-17-2015, 10:44 AM

If Rodgers has to be perfect we need a new set of WRs.

Zool
11-17-2015, 12:08 PM

This is the first thing you've said that actually rings true for me. He makes a metric fuck ton of money to be elite. It's not 100% on him but he is the leader so time to circle the wagons.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee55/bearslily1/blazing16.gif

pbmax
11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Let's hope team meetings are more productive than the internet. Someone needs to step up and stop sucking.

I think its even odds between Rodgers and Adams. Adams is just getting his camp/preseason shape back. Rodgers is hearing "LOOKOUT" when he is at a drive through.

One of them will figure it out.

4:1 - Rodgers
4:1 - Adams
5:1 - M3 (pistol and ZBS with Starks)
6:1 - Healed or Svelte Lacy plus M3 (pistol and power game)
15:1 - M3 dumps no huddle
15:1 - M3 installs Monty
1000:1 - M3 installs Quarless offense

Fritz
11-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I must say that in terms of leadership, Rodgers is really not getting it done. His petulant body language, his languishing on the sideline and not pumping up his teammates, is getting really old. I'd like to see him go up to a guy who dropped a ball and smile and put his arm around the guy, let him know that everyone makes mistakes, instead of gesturing angrily or looking into the sky as if Thor and only Thor could understand the poor bastard's having to put up with these mere mortals.

I'd like to see how things would go if a receiver would gesture angrily at Rodgers after he misses an easy touchdown throw.

mraynrand
11-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah, the non verbal communication is pretty obvious. Can only hope some of it was actually self directed for some of the shit he was slinging.

yetisnowman
11-17-2015, 08:08 PM
How close was the defender during his throwing motion?

I'd estimate 3-4 feet and closing in. His throw was not physically impeded, his line of sight was clear. He was hit after he threw....welcome to the NFL.

yetisnowman
11-17-2015, 08:12 PM
I must say that in terms of leadership, Rodgers is really not getting it done. His petulant body language, his languishing on the sideline and not pumping up his teammates, is getting really old. I'd like to see him go up to a guy who dropped a ball and smile and put his arm around the guy, let him know that everyone makes mistakes, instead of gesturing angrily or looking into the sky as if Thor and only Thor could understand the poor bastard's having to put up with these mere mortals.

I'd like to see how things would go if a receiver would gesture angrily at Rodgers after he misses an easy touchdown throw.

+1000. These obvious signs of poor leadership certainly don't strengthen his case as being an all time great.

Carolina_Packer
11-17-2015, 10:10 PM
This is the first thing you've said that actually rings true for me. He makes a metric fuck ton of money to be elite. It's not 100% on him but he is the leader so time to circle the wagons.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee55/bearslily1/blazing16.gif

Funny, before I read your comment, I saw the animated gif and thought you might be making a comment about the conversation going around in circles. Will it go round in circles?

denverYooper
11-17-2015, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80HF68KM8g

mraynrand
11-17-2015, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

denverYooper
11-18-2015, 07:08 AM
lol

pbmax
11-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Signs of displeasure means someone is not an all-time great: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly

Other side of coin: Joe Montana and Ken Anderson

Hardly seems dispositive.

Well, maybe its just me but if I were in the locker room, I would tend to believe the League MVP rather than a second year wideout. So if the second year wideout threw a fit, he's going to get taken down a peg long before the QB does. The WR's don't have enough pelts on the wall.

The coaches might have to back him off his high horse if that indeed is a problem, but McCarthy has had to do that before.

Sports radio today, top reason for Aaron Rodgers disappointing performance:
1. Olivia Munn
2. Olivia Munn is crazy (apparently an actual rumor somewhere)
3. Olivia Munn pre-marital sex
4. No security blanket
5. No team is playing Cover 2 (actually this is my favorite because its wrong in both directions-Packers haven't done well against it and teams are playing it as they do not fear the running game)

On field demonstrations of frustrations would be #6 for me.

mraynrand
11-18-2015, 08:17 AM
My sympathy level for Rodgers is cratering.

pbmax
11-18-2015, 08:21 AM
My sympathy level for Rodgers is cratering.

He doesn't need sympathy. His life is pretty great.

He just needs a reasonable look at why from fans. As you yourself have said, there are multiple culprits. Only when two or more of them get their job squared away, things will turn around.

pbmax
11-18-2015, 08:27 AM
I look forward to Randall Cobb striking this pose as the deep man in the Victory formation soon.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/62/files/2015/11/pNi1llj-1-850x560.jpg

mraynrand
11-18-2015, 08:34 AM
wax on, wax off

Cheesehead Craig
11-18-2015, 02:11 PM
wax on, wax off

http://www.thevintagenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/waxing.jpg

mraynrand
11-18-2015, 02:47 PM
^^^ awesome

mr_blonde
11-18-2015, 06:52 PM
No more excuses ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NynnFlWSquQ

Bretsky
11-18-2015, 07:38 PM

You guys all know my Badger Bias, well except for Tolzien, because he sucked as a Badger..........but.....was this just me or did anybody else see the same thing ????

Abby roasts a guy down the sidelines and with a well thrown ball he walks in for a Touchdown.
Instead of a well thrown Ball, Rodgers throws it clearly behind Abby, who has to turn his entire body to make the catch and gets laid out by somebody who messed up his ribs good.

Right after this occurred, it appeared Rodgers was motioning with some anger that Abby should have caught the ball, turned it upfield, and scored but the throw seemed too far behind him to do so

Replay kept going back to AROD who seemed to be frustrated the WR didn't turn this up for a TD...meanwhile ....the WR was laid out to dry and pummeled

Did anybody else see it this way ?

Freak Out
11-18-2015, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

How in the fuck did they get Milton Berle to do this video? LOL

denverYooper
11-18-2015, 08:01 PM
You guys all know my Badger Bias, well except for Tolzien, because he sucked as a Badger..........but.....was this just me or did anybody else see the same thing ????

Abby roasts a guy down the sidelines and with a well thrown ball he walks in for a Touchdown.
Instead of a well thrown Ball, Rodgers throws it clearly behind Abby, who has to turn his entire body to make the catch and gets laid out by somebody who messed up his ribs good.

Right after this occurred, it appeared Rodgers was motioning with some anger that Abby should have caught the ball, turned it upfield, and scored but the throw seemed too far behind him to do so

Replay kept going back to AROD who seemed to be frustrated the WR didn't turn this up for a TD...meanwhile ....the WR was laid out to dry and pummeled

I thought Rodgers was pissed at himself for a throw that got his new favorite WR blasted.

Freak Out
11-18-2015, 08:01 PM
No more excuses ???

Did anyone make it through that? Guy should be shot.

Freak Out
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
I thought Rodgers was pissed at himself for a throw that got his new favorite WR blasted.

That's kinda what I saw.

pbmax
11-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Did anyone make it through that? Guy should be shot.

I love that he starts each video by making a blanket statement (last one posted was that teams DON'T play cover 2 versus the Packers anymore followed by two immediate examples of Cover 2 being played) and then delivers proof he's not paying attention. Immediately at the snap of the ball, the deep safety to the side of the formation with 3 potential receivers drops down out of Cover 2 to handle Cobb and allow a DB to roll up to shorter routes.

If Rodgers saw the coverage disguise (or change - Lion's guy could have simply seen something from film) I am not sure it matters that Cobb broke his route to take it deep. Because he has already committed to the off coverage look by going to Adams on an out route.

I do agree that Rodgers not seeing Cobb deep is one of the byproducts of getting pressure and hits like he has been for the last 3 weeks. If not in this case, then there have been others. He is not picking good times to be patient, waiting for something else to break open elsewhere after initial routes were covered. They are trying to get the ball out on rhythm and early to help the O line. When he does wait, the results have been poor as pressure has increased in the pocket and he has not been accurate targeting receivers who have altered their routes.

Its the text book definition of out of sync.

If you are Tebow, Wilson or Newton, then waiting for a guy to clear coverage is your bread and butter because accuracy and consistency is not your strong suit. If protection breaks down, you bounce away and run. Rodgers relies on anticipation like most WCO QBs. But that anticipation hasn't sync'd with his receivers since Week 2.

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2015, 10:06 PM

Tolzien sucked as a Badger? Second best badger QB behind Russ Wilson in my 30 year life. Not sure what you're talking about Bretsky, but that is loco man. He led the nation in pass rating I believe!

ARod has been in rare A-hole form lately though. He body language and play have been Cutler-esque for a few weeks now.

MadScientist
11-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Does Rodgers having a right shoulder injury count as an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if this injury occurred early in the Denver game, on that big hit. He hasn't been the same since.

ThunderDan
11-19-2015, 08:54 AM

I did not see it that way and it happened literally 40 feet from me live at the stadium. We have tickets in the SW corner right at the end zone.

When the ball was in the air I thought it was going to be a TD. He was behind the two Lions that were near him. I then scanned the field and saw the Lion S with his head down running as fast as he could toward the pilon. Abby was not going to score and it was only a matter of if he was going to be face forward or face backwards were he got crushed at full speed by the safety.

pbmax
11-19-2015, 08:58 AM
wrong thread

Tony Oday
11-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Injured right shoulder.

esoxx
11-19-2015, 10:52 AM
No more excuses for Aaron.

mraynrand
11-19-2015, 10:57 AM
No more excuses ???

this is genius - now the problem is the bye week Mexico trip and Rodgers now hates Cobb and won't throw him the ball. Never mind the drop. Also, this genius doesn't understand that DBs actually break off coverage routes when the ball is thrown. Pretty standard. That's when I stopped watching.

It would be pretty funny if the guy talking were actually Mr. Blonde though. Hey der Mr. Blonde, dee O-line has ta blaack laanger dan 1.2 seconds to allow a receever ta caam open, dontcha' know?

pbmax
11-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Rob Demovsky ✔@RobDemovsky
Five reasons why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is struggling http://es.pn/1X4mOJB

oliviamunn ✔@oliviamunn
Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky. Your professional skills are lacking... you must be having personal problems at home.

Demovsky can be self-centered idiot. I think he just stepped in something he's going to have to clean up. You don't want your SEO to bollix up your access.

Coincidentally, Wilde was just hired by the national ESPN to cover the Packers AND Rodgers (the press release specifically mentioned the QB) for their football blog previously run by Demovsky alone. They might need Jason more than ever now. Which is also interesting because Wilde and Demovsky are thicker than thieves.

mraynrand
11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Coincidentally, Wilde was just hired by the national ESPN to cover the Packers AND Rodgers (the press release specifically mentioned the QB) for their football blog previously run by Demovsky alone. They might need Jason more than ever now. Which is also interesting because Wilde and Demovsky are thicker than thieves.

Olivia Wilde? I am officially confused - And maybe excited.

http://cochinopop.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1120.jpg

pbmax
11-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I bet Aaron wished it was true as well. Jason Wilde is kinda dumpy.

mraynrand
11-19-2015, 12:16 PM
well, what we do know for sure is that he sure as hell isn't improving the chemistry between the QB's and his WR's

Maybe another trip to Mexico would help.

smuggler
11-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Seifert hated the Packers, but I don't read the ESPN blog since he stopped covering the NFCN.

Pugger
11-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Rob Demovsky ✔@RobDemovsky
Five reasons why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is struggling http://es.pn/1X4mOJB

oliviamunn ✔@oliviamunn
Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky. Your professional skills are lacking... you must be having personal problems at home.

Demovsky can be self-centered idiot. I think he just stepped in something he's going to have to clean up. You don't want your SEO to bollix up your access.

I don't blame Olivia for getting miffed at Demovsky here. He didn't have to go there. Demovsky also speculated that our offensive woes are because our WRs are slow. Of course another top team's WRs are even slower - NE. :roll:

pbmax
11-19-2015, 06:36 PM
I don't blame Olivia for getting miffed at Demovsky here. He didn't have to go there. Demovsky also speculated that our offensive woes are because our WRs are slow. Of course another top team's WRs are even slower - NE. :roll:

I would have bet there is no dumber way to cover football by involving scouts than McGinn's random scout quote generator. But Demovsky found it by involving an anonymous agent.

denverYooper
11-19-2015, 07:47 PM
Cian Fiahey from Football Outsiders is making excuses for Rodgers:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-davante-adams

Rutnstrut
11-19-2015, 08:24 PM
I have said for years that Rodgers is only great when ahead and most everything goes his way. People on here jumped all over me on that, but he is really starting to show his true colors this season. Then again, his head coach is doing him absolutely no favors.

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2015, 08:55 PM

I agree with Fiahey. Davante Adams is way over-rated. No way should they have targeted him 20+ times.

pbmax
11-19-2015, 09:54 PM
I can't comment in this thread until we get past the Olivia Wilde page. Halts progress of post every time I scroll.

Fritz
11-20-2015, 08:58 AM
I think this would all go away if Olivia Munn would simply release some nudes of herself.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I think this would all go away if Olivia Munn would simply release some nudes of herself.

you've already seen 95%.

What could be worse if is she releases nudes of Rodgers (not that there's anything wrong with that)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/32/7d/6d/327d6d13e1cbc60b823387d7e960a48b.jpg

pbmax
11-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Some Grade B+ trolling from JSOnline comments section:

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 33m33 minutes ago
There is this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CURBWp_XAAAXIkL.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CURBXlDWoAAYg45.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CURBYOBW4AA7QxA.png:large

Patler
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
A few years back, when the Cowboys and Romo were playing poorly, some in the national media blamed it on his budding relationship with Jessica Simpson. They started filming and reporting her actions and reactions in various skyboxes around the league. He seemed to play his worst whenever she was at a game, or so they reported. The same has happened with other QBs who dated known entertainers. No one blames a childhood sweetheart, or the common, everyday girlfriend.

I can sympathize with Rodgers and Munn, but that type of reporting sort of comes with the job of being an NFL starting QB and dating an entertainment celebrity. Heck, it has been done since Joe Namathy was playing for the Jets and being seen with every female celebrity on the planet, it seemed.

Freak Out
11-20-2015, 10:34 AM
I had no idea who Munn was until Rodgers started seeing her. NOBODY come close to Namath.

pbmax
11-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Just because its predictable doesn't make it accurate. Or appropriate.

If she's at the game in the crowd, then TV has her at a public event. Demovsky literally had nothing to hang that speculation on.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
I heard that Bulaga has a new puppy that is crapping all over the house and that is affecting his sleep and thus his performance on the field. Small things can really derail a season.

ON the other hand, Ripkowski had a break-in and someone stole his entire "Masters of the Universe" action figures set. He is hopping mad, so the best thing is to get him on the field more. Coaches have to know these things.

Patler
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
I had no idea who Munn was until Rodgers started seeing her. NOBODY come close to Namath.

No, no one has come close to Namath, who was with someone new virtually every week, it seemed; but he sort of started the media fascination with NFL players and starlets. Baseball had DiMaggio and Monroe, probably others before and after; but the NFL didn't have the same national fascination and reporting before the '60s. It was changing, and Broadway Joe kicked it into the entertainment industry big time.

Other players can get by better than QBs, but it seems like the media waits for the chance to blame a star for a QBs rough patches.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 10:45 AM
NOBODY come close to Namath.

probably because of BO

http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2012/01/suzyjoe.jpg

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 10:47 AM
like the media waits for the chance to blame a star for a QBs rough patches.

Internal voice: maybe I shouldn't respond, maybe, maybe...Oh, what the hell

External voice: That's why they make K-Y jelly

Patler
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Just because its predictable doesn't make it accurate. Or appropriate.

If she's at the game in the crowd, then TV has her at a public event. Demovsky literally had nothing to hang that speculation on.

Of course not. But it shouldn't come as any surprise. Sometime I think it is better if the player and his girlfriend stay low key about those types of reports. They aren't going to change it, and they keep their instance in the public eye even longer. Of course, from what I have seen since she became famous for dating Rodgers, Munn doesn't seem to be the type to take it lying down. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.) A wilting violet she isn't.

Patler
11-20-2015, 10:52 AM
I heard that Bulaga has a new puppy that is crapping all over the house and that is affecting his sleep and thus his performance on the field. Small things can really derail a season.

It was better when Packer players were keeping lions and pitbulls.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130514/PC20/130519615/1032/colorful-former-citadel-running-back-travis-jervey-inducted-into-south-carolina-athletic-hall-of-fame

pbmax
11-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Of course not. But it shouldn't come as any surprise. Sometime I think it is better if the player and his girlfriend stay low key about those types of reports. They aren't going to change it, and they keep their instance in the public eye even longer. Of course, from what I have seen since she became famous for dating Rodgers, Munn doesn't seem to be the type to take it lying down. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.) A wilting violet she isn't.

I would normally agree. If it was Skip Bayless, TMZ and radio call in shows (or online message boards) then even mentioning it offhand will only escalate.

But this story has appears on ESPN, Washington Post and Fox Sports. That represents an escalation of stupid. However, like the tabloid coverage mentioned earlier, I think its a lost cause. Its just under the rubric of covering social media, which everyone is doing now.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 11:58 AM
I think its a lost cause. Its just under the rubric of covering social media, which everyone is doing now.

According to the magazines at the grocery store, Jen Aniston has been married 16 times and birthed 32 children over the past decade. And Angelina Jolie weighs 47 pounds.

That last one might be true.

George Cumby
11-20-2015, 12:12 PM
The JSO poster's point about Rodgers being different after dating Munn may have merit:

Patler, think about how you used to act when you hung out with those cross-dressers. You'd show up wearing make up and shit. It was just weird.

PB, remember when you were going "Walkabout" with Paul Hogan. Next thing we knew, you were wearing leather vests, talking in a fake Austrailian accent and putting Vegemite on everything.. Gross.

Fritz, your time with Drew was unforgettable. The way you'd walk around with sunglasses on, even at night with your "personal assistant" in tow, 24/7.

Rand, remember when you hung out with Tex and all of a sudden were taking all those trips to Thailand?

Who can forget my "Goth" phase? I still have a hard time passing the make up aisle at Target and not picking out the latest shade of black lipstick.

The people we spend our time with shapes us. We don't exist in a vacuum, there is a complex interplay of personality and psyche. Spend time with shit heads, you're gonna be more of a shit head. Spend time with uplifting people, you're gonna be a better person. Spend time at Packerrats and you may attain enlightenment.

We obviously know little about her or their dynamic, the nature of their relationship what conversations they have. But as Patler pointed out, starlets are rarely a good value. Hollywood is rife with narcissists and narcissists make for poor partners, to say the least.

Rastak
11-20-2015, 12:36 PM
The JSO poster's point about Rodgers being different after dating Munn may have merit:

Patler, think about how you used to act when you hung out with those cross-dressers. You'd show up wearing make up and shit. It was just weird.

PB, remember when you were going "Walkabout" with Paul Hogan. Next thing we knew, you were wearing leather vests, talking in a fake Austrailian accent and putting Vegemite on everything.. Gross.

Fritz, your time with Drew was unforgettable. The way you'd walk around with sunglasses on, even at night with your "personal assistant" in tow, 24/7.

Rand, remember when you hung out with Tex and all of a sudden were taking all those trips to Thailand?

Who can forget my "Goth" phase? I still have a hard time passing the make up aisle at Target and not picking out the latest shade of black lipstick.

The people we spend our time with shapes us. We don't exist in a vacuum, there is a complex interplay of personality and psyche. Spend time with shit heads, you're gonna be more of a shit head. Spend time with uplifting people, you're gonna be a better person. Spend time at Packerrats and you may attain enlightenment.

We obviously know little about her or their dynamic, the nature of their relationship what conversations they have. But as Patler pointed out, starlets are rarely a good value. Hollywood is rife with narcissists and narcissists make for poor partners, to say the least.

Thanks for making me spit my coffee out laughing.

Maxie the Taxi
11-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Is PackerRats social media?

ThunderDan
11-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Is PackerRats social media?

Fuck yeah we are!!

If you google fuckdoggle we are the first link. If that doesn't cement our status I don't know what does!

Maxie the Taxi
11-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Fuck yeah we are!!

If you google fuckdoggle we are the first link. If that doesn't cement our status I don't know what does!

Great! I'm not as out of it as I thought.

George Cumby
11-20-2015, 01:04 PM
i don't know if I want to be part of any social media....

pbmax
11-20-2015, 01:12 PM
According to the magazines at the grocery store, Jen Aniston has been married 16 times and birthed 32 children over the past decade. And Angelina Jolie weighs 47 pounds.

That last one might be true.

I admit the coverage of Aniston at the checkout lane has clearly had an affect. I am rooting for her to find happiness even though I don't know why she isn't happy in the first place.

pbmax
11-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Laugh at vegemite all you want, but look at the knife you get when you send a SASE with eight labels to the Vegemite Co. of Sydney Aus:

http://willowhavenoutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/dundee-knife.jpg

* Woman not included.

smuggler
11-20-2015, 02:08 PM
I have said for years that Rodgers is only great when ahead and most everything goes his way. People on here jumped all over me on that, but he is really starting to show his true colors this season. Then again, his head coach is doing him absolutely no favors.

Kind of like how Brady looked like horseshit when Gronk was out last season. (Much worse than Aaron has looked so far in 2015, by the by.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2t0BqEXx1J1aCY/giphy.gif
Turns out, ~~*THERE ARE NO 1-MAN TEAMS*~~

There never will be. Stop dreaming.

yetisnowman
11-20-2015, 02:37 PM

I could isolate 10+ plays from the Lions game and show you Aaron making poor throws and poor decisions. Davante certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Especially when it comes to attacking the ball, and hanging on to it. I just hold Aaron more accountable than a 2nd year, 2nd round receiver who has been hurt most of the season. It's cool though he's got a boo boo now, so his excuse for any spotty play the rest of the season is fully secured.

pbmax
11-20-2015, 04:06 PM
So Davante wasn't helping and Rodgers had a particularly bad game with his accuracy. Exactly what are we arguing about here?

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 05:27 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/62/83/91/62839194cdbc28c3c7d3d861b7ffde70.jpg

denverYooper
11-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Kind of like how Brady looked like horseshit when Gronk was out last season. (Much worse than Aaron has looked so far in 2015, by the by.)

https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2t0BqEXx1J1aCY/giphy.gif
Turns out, ~~*THERE ARE NO 1-MAN TEAMS*~~

There never will be. Stop dreaming.

Funny how that works. I guess Jordy is Green Bay's Gronk.

smuggler
11-20-2015, 06:10 PM
I don't think anyone quite compares to Gronk, but there's a parallel there, for sure.

Patler
11-20-2015, 06:50 PM

(Embarrassing anecdotes omitted. I thought by now people would have forgotten!!)

Rodgers was asked about Munn in an interview last summer, and he talked about how much she had changed him, by giving him different perspectives, etc. So maybe the change hs been dramatic.

Now it he would just start dating a football coach, maybe they could get the offense fixed.

pbmax
11-20-2015, 09:16 PM
I don't think the girlfriend has anything to do with the offense. But when he was doing his show with Wilde, Rodgers did mention the effect Munn had had on him several times.

He said he became far less defensive and protective of his private lift for instance. Given that she is an actress and that its partially her job to remain visible, that is probably a prerequisite.

But he also claimed other changes like getting rid of people who brought negativity into his life. Here he was mostly speaking in the past tense, not something he was in the middle of doing. Being surrounded by people focused on the positive and making progress, etc. I have never met someone who claimed to be doing something similar who was having a good time of it.

But since he is not doing his radio show this year, maybe Wilde was the nattering nabob of negativism. Or perhaps they should just start doing the show again.

smuggler
11-21-2015, 02:26 AM
Laugh at vegemite all you want, but look at the knife you get when you send a SASE with eight labels to the Vegemite Co. of Sydney Aus:

* Woman not included.

She looks awfully similar to my uncle's widow.... Fucking cancer.

mraynrand
11-21-2015, 06:29 AM

* Woman not included.

What's the point of having a 'big knife' if you don't have a woman to 'show it off' to?

mraynrand
11-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Fucking cancer.

Amen

Fritz
11-21-2015, 07:59 AM
Amen here, too.

Me, I say as far as this game and Rodgers, let's stop with all this shotgun crap and go back to him being under center or at least in the pistol.

And put it on the offensive line to run block, run block, run block. Force feed the run game, and if we get a couple three-and-outs to start, how is that any different than before? Keep at it. Get this offensive line back on track, and the rest will follow.

Now, Mike Holmgren would agree, except that his "run game" consisted of short passes over the middle.

red
11-21-2015, 09:47 AM
i think the packers might just get into some trouble after coming out and saying a-rod has been injured, and a-rod saying he's been dealing with the injuries for a little bt now

nfl has strict rules about injury reporting, even hangnails has to be reported

pbmax
11-21-2015, 09:48 AM
i think the packers might just get into some trouble after coming out and saying a-rod has been injured, and a-rod saying he's been dealing with the injuries for a little bt now

nfl has strict rules about injury reporting, even hangnails has to be reported

If Stafford and Manning didn't get dinged for injury report shenanigans, Packers won't either.

Smidgeon
11-21-2015, 01:42 PM
What happens if the player doesn't tell the team he's been injured? Ite impression that's what happened here.

George Cumby
11-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Here's a novel idea: OL block like they were manly men, not the Elm Avenue Crochet Club.

mraynrand
11-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Here's a novel idea: OL block like they were manly men, not the Elm Avenue Crochet Club.

Well, now we know what you do with your Saturdays.

yetisnowman
11-22-2015, 11:54 PM
I will give Aaron credit. He was sharper and more decisive today,down the stretch especially. He still missed a few throws early but he made the plays he needed to make. The offense was still very disjointed all in all. But a solid defense and running attack makes his job much easier. Hopefully we get healthy down the stretch and make some noise.

smuggler
11-23-2015, 12:20 AM
Cobb had 3 drops. Jones had one. All of Cobb's were on 3rd down iirc.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-23-2015, 05:41 AM
Cobb had 3 drops. Jones had one. All of Cobb's were on 3rd down iirc.

Yeah, I thought Cobb had an awful game, as not only did he drop passes he normally catches, but all were critical drops. Let's hope this was a one off bad game for him.

George Cumby
11-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Well, now we know what you do with your Saturdays.

A mans gotta have his hobbies...........

Infamous
11-26-2015, 09:35 PM
HILARIOUS!

Infamous
11-26-2015, 09:37 PM
LOL! is this true?? Gay??

Aaron Rodgers can go fuck himself sideways and die.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-calls-out-fan-for--prejudicial--comment-during-moment-of-silence-233808944.html

The little pussy is offended ...... oh, too bad.
I'm finished with this cunt. If the Packers cut him tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Infamous
11-26-2015, 10:46 PM
INT may have been Adams' fault but what's REALLY going on with this guy??

esoxx
11-26-2015, 10:52 PM
What's with all the excuses for aaron?

yetisnowman
11-27-2015, 01:03 AM
INT may have been Adams' fault but what's REALLY going on with this guy??

Adams got rubbed off and wasn't open. It's Aaron's job to see that the throw isn't there.

Harlan Huckleby
11-27-2015, 01:20 AM
Adams got rubbed off and wasn't open. It's Aaron's job to see that the throw isn't there.

On a timing route? Rodger's lets go of the ball as Adams makes break, which is when the contact happen. You are being unreasonable.

You mentioned before that Rodgers should have seen the perilous DB positioning. I don't agree (as I saw it) but there is a chance you are right on that point.

ThunderDan
11-27-2015, 07:43 AM

That was completely on Adams. Second week in a row where you so want to diss ARod that you blind yourself to what actually happened on the play.

On a timing route slant Adams has to get to the spot. He can't let a little rub stop the route.

yetisnowman
11-27-2015, 11:39 AM
That was completely on Adams. Second week in a row where you so want to diss ARod that you blind yourself to what actually happened on the play.

On a timing route slant Adams has to get to the spot. He can't let a little rub stop the route.

First of all I don't need any ammo to diss A-rod, he's providing the world with plenty of that with his play. I get that it's a timing route, but don't qbs have to make snap second decisions in this league? Adams had no chance to get to his spot. On a quick pass like that how is he still supposed to get to the spot at the same time with a human impeding him as opposed to nobody being there? I just think it's a quick read Aaron should make. Or in this case not make. Just because the contact occurred just as Aaron was throwing doesn't mean the defender wasn't there the entire time.

yetisnowman
11-27-2015, 11:47 AM
You can say I am being unreasonable, but this dude is supposed to be the greatest, smartest, most accurate qb on Earth. And our team is built around him. Injuries or not, his level of play has been has been complete shit. We just lost to the Lions and Bears at home. Out classed by Stafford and Jay Cutler........ fucking Jay Cutler.

denverYooper
11-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Rodgers is not having a great year by any stretch of the imagination, but this team would have 2 wins, maybe, without him.

yetisnowman
11-27-2015, 12:21 PM
With an o'fer so far this season in these opportunities, Aaron Rodgers is still stuck at 101st all time in NFL history with 13 career game winning drives. Tied with the likes of Elvis Grbac, Vince Young, and yes Don Majkowski. He is trailing 19 other ACTIVE qbs in this category.

mraynrand
11-27-2015, 01:42 PM
First of all I don't need any ammo to diss A-rod, he's providing the world with plenty of that with his play. I get that it's a timing route, but don't qbs have to make snap second decisions in this league? Adams had no chance to get to his spot. On a quick pass like that how is he still supposed to get to the spot at the same time with a human impeding him as opposed to nobody being there? I just think it's a quick read Aaron should make. Or in this case not make. Just because the contact occurred just as Aaron was throwing doesn't mean the defender wasn't there the entire time.

The WR runs through the defender to get to the ball. Adams has to keep going. The fault is also on Rodgers because there are two defenders, not one. Rodgers is also to blame for that INT. he has to see the guy cheating over the top.

Infamous
11-27-2015, 05:54 PM
So true!!

Rodgers is not having a great year by any stretch of the imagination, but this team would have 2 wins, maybe, without him.

Rutnstrut
11-28-2015, 02:36 PM

There is no REAL way to prove or disprove that. You could just as well say that they'd be undefeated with Tolzien as the starter since there is really no way to prove it.

red
11-28-2015, 02:43 PM
There is no REAL way to prove or disprove that. You could just as well say that they'd be undefeated with Tolzien as the starter since there is really no way to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2W0sq9ddU

Rutnstrut
11-28-2015, 02:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2W0sq9ddU

Awesome.

mraynrand
11-28-2015, 07:24 PM
^^^ Dyoop - I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that sequence right there.

Just remember Runtnstunt - never ever use logic, rely solely on proof. Yep, I won't be holding my breath.

esoxx
11-28-2015, 08:10 PM

A damning indictment of the overall talent level of this team.

pbmax
11-28-2015, 10:35 PM
The Cowboys were serious contender for the Super Bowl last year and came within a hair's breadth of knocking the Packers out of the playoffs in Lambeau.

There were 0-7 without Romo.

The Patriots do not have the most physically gifted QB in the history of the League, but succeed by emphasizing his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. They throw an entire offense of short passes at you and surprise the Defense by going medium to Gronk or LaFell.

The entire Packer offense is predicated on a Pro Bowl QB with an all world arm making it go. He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).

The re-jiggering of the Offense will begin versus the Lions this week.

We have seen this play before. Definitely in '09 and again, to a lesser extent, in 10.

mraynrand
11-28-2015, 10:48 PM
I think Stubby is holding out until after the Lions game to make any final stretch adjustments. But he is certainly counting on getting back Abby and Monty and Q. The real issue is whether the line can hold up.

I wonder who made the decisions on those long run drives in the second half to switch to passes? Packers win with two FGs.

denverYooper
11-29-2015, 07:26 AM
He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).

The re-jiggering of the Offense will begin versus the Lions this week.

We have seen this play before. Definitely in '09 and again, to a lesser extent, in 10.

The timing of their issues is the part that is different. Last year they struggled early and we often used (09/10/12) to have a lot of discussion 'round these parts during the first 8 games about the offense struggling. Usually it seemed to be mostly the line and the lack of a run game getting Rodgers beat up. This year, more than others, it seems to be issues with the WR group.

Then there was 2011, where they surged out of the gate and started petering out by the end of the year. In 2013, Rodgers was injured and they re-routed their offense through Lacy.

Assuming they overcome their problems through re-jiggering or personnel (Abby/Monty), they probably are due for a bounce during the last quarter of the season. M3 has made references before to how he builds his strategy throughout the season so they are peaking going into the playoffs. We'll see if that holds out here.

Deputy Nutz
11-29-2015, 09:06 AM
It can't all be on the receivers, and it can't all be on the QB. This offense is stale, and defenses have discovered how to blanket the receivers with man coverage. A rescheme would be greatly needed if this team plans to make a push. The receivers and the QB do need to get on the same page so that the "go" routes can be used to beat the "man" defense.

Patler
11-29-2015, 10:33 AM
He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).

...and much of that is on Rodgers, himself. McGinn has pointed game after game just how much time Rodgers has had on some plays, yet has still taken sacks. This week it was 7.4 seconds on a play. Yes, that is on the receivers for not getting open, but it is also on Rodgers, himself. He needs to: 1. find the best option and throw; 2. throw the ball away; or 3. get whatever few yards he can with his legs and be done with it. Pushing it to the point of being sacked does no one any good.

Rodgers shows an indecisiveness that I have not seen from him in the past. Maybe its determination to not give up on a play. Whatever it is, it leads to sacks and wear and tear on his body, and probably on his o-line as well. In spite of the runs he has had, he seems less willing to run than in the past. That's OK, but don't push to the point of getting a late term sack, which often is the most physical type coming from an unexpected angle.

mraynrand
11-29-2015, 10:39 AM
...and much of that is on Rodgers, himself. McGinn has pointed game after game just how much time Rodgers has had on some plays, yet has still taken sacks. This week it was 7.4 seconds on a play. Yes, that is on the receivers for not getting open, but it is also on Rodgers, himself. He needs to: 1. find the best option and throw; 2. throw the ball away; or 3. get whatever few yards he can with his legs and be done with it. Pushing it to the point of being sacked does no one any good.

Rodgers shows an indecisiveness that I have not seen from him in the past. Maybe its determination to not give up on a play. Whatever it is, it leads to sacks and wear and tear on his body, and probably on his o-line as well. In spite of the runs he has had, he seems less willing to run than in the past. That's OK, but don't push to the point of getting a late term sack, which often is the most physical type coming from an unexpected angle.

Yep, he's making some poor decisions. He's gun shy too - not like in 2010. Given how some of his passes look, I think he's gun shy because, for whatever reason, his accuracy is off and he knows it. Lack of confidence in receivers and his arm both gives you the outcome you're seeing. Not sure about lack of confidence in running, but agree that he need to take what they're giving him - a 1 yard run and slide is better than a sack.

Patler
11-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Yep, he's making some poor decisions. He's gun shy too - not like in 2010. Given how some of his passes look, I think he's gun shy because, for whatever reason, his accuracy is off and he knows it. Lack of confidence in receivers and his arm both gives you the outcome you're seeing. Not sure about lack of confidence in running, but agree that he need to take what they're giving him - a 1 yard run and slide is better than a sack.

The accuracy thing is perplexing. His scrambles seem less controlled than in the past. While he has always made unconventional, off balance and awkward throws with accuracy, I was accustomed to see him scramble out of trouble, then "drift" when he threw. Now he extends plays in a herky-jerky fashions, and seems totally unprepared to throw much of the time. BUT, even when he is ready to throw, and throws on his initial drop back, his usually accuracy is not always there.

pbmax
11-29-2015, 07:17 PM
His movement in the pocket looks more like 2009 than anytime since. Its not always purposeful. Normally, he is maneuvering to find space to throw OR occasionally buy time. Now its almost always to buy time which doesn't always work out. I think the five man rushes have hurt his running (shoulder injury doesn't help either).

He has always held the ball too long and taken sacks when a throw might have been more advised, that isn't new. I do think the pass pro has ticked up from the back to back to back debacles where he was getting hit 20 times a game. Though the recent opponents weren't the Broncos or Panthers. I don't think his approach has changed this year. It might NEED to, but of all the fixes, I find this one least likely because he has never played that way in a sustained manner. We have seen game plans call for shorter stuff, but not sustained over multiple games.

This offense really misses big plays and has not found a way to manufacture them at previous rates. Nelson could take some of those QB scrambles and head deep. That would open up a lot of room.

I think the injury/inaccuracy/bad footwork makes him trust his receivers less, partially because he is less trustworthy. But something has to close the loop. It might be most simple to decide on what Adams can do and run that to death until opponents react. However even that is dangerous, as he is big enough that a slant shouldn't have been a problem.

Rutnstrut
11-29-2015, 07:44 PM
"This offense really misses big plays and has not found a way to manufacture them at previous rates"

That is on the coaching staff. I didn't expect them to "replace" Jordy, but they had plenty of time to come up with something. At this point they have come up with absolutely NOTHING. Too bad stubby hates running the ball. I really think they could set a lot up off the run if he would stick with it.

pbmax
11-29-2015, 07:48 PM
I think their belief (going back to last year) was that relying on long plays was not sustainable. I think the no huddle is an effort to get a short game up to the level of the Pats or Manning (prior to this year).

Its logical to a degree. But this is year #2 that it has failed to deliver.

Rutnstrut
11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
I think their belief (going back to last year) was that relying on long plays was not sustainable. I think the no huddle is an effort to get a short game up to the level of the Pats or Manning (prior to this year).

Its logical to a degree. But this is year #2 that it has failed to deliver.

But stubby thinks it should work, so they will keep running it and failing.

Joemailman
11-29-2015, 08:04 PM
One thing about the end of the Bears game...I don't usually complain about play calling. However, the Packers had the ball at the Bears 19 with 1:47 on the clock and never ran the ball again. Packers had had a reasonable pass/rush ratio up until that point. I was a little disappointed that they abandoned the run at that point.

Rutnstrut
11-29-2015, 08:34 PM
One thing about the end of the Bears game...I don't usually complain about play calling. However, the Packers had the ball at the Bears 19 with 1:47 on the clock and never ran the ball again. Packers had had a reasonable pass/rush ratio up until that point. I was a little disappointed that they abandoned the run at that point.

It seems like in high stress situations, stubby always falls back on the pass. Whether it's working or not.

Carolina_Packer
11-29-2015, 09:31 PM
"This offense really misses big plays and has not found a way to manufacture them at previous rates"

That is on the coaching staff. I didn't expect them to "replace" Jordy, but they had plenty of time to come up with something. At this point they have come up with absolutely NOTHING. Too bad stubby hates running the ball. I really think they could set a lot up off the run if he would stick with it.

I agree Rut! The Denver and Carolina games became lost causes for running the ball. The Detroit and Chicago games were never really out of striking distance, and the Packers should have kept trying to run the ball in order to somehow improve the passing game. Again, it's one thing to be way behind and the opponent knows you can't realistically run to get back in the game, but if it's a close game and you go pass heavy too quickly, that is limiting your options.

Fritz
11-30-2015, 06:59 AM
I wondered about that, too. It was clear the passing game was not working, and there was time for at least one run. I also wondered why, down at the eight, they didn't roll Rodgers out and give him the option to run. The passing game just sucked. Or try that shovel pass to Lacy in the middle of the line. I know the clock was a factor, and maybe that was it.

But in the end, they had four shots, and twice Packer receivers could not hang on to what would have been the game-winning TD. That's not play calling. That's execution.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Let's break it down:

www.scout.com/embed/video/1617927

Plug that in and I think you will get a full window view of Scout.com's video of Packer WR drills. Some takeaways:

1. Abbredaris is simply a cut above in his cuts, and getting out of them quickly.
2. Adams rounds them both off, making it easier to get around him (over the top or cut underneath). In fact, not sure you can call that a cut.
3. Janis is mediocre (but he does shorten and drop his weight), but he drops both balls, one of which was behind him. He is not fast out of those cuts though.
4. Jones is just slow and rounds the route.
5. Cobb is Schroedinger's WR. His first cut is awful. The second one is much better. Wonder if he has a beat up leg that is affecting going to his right.
6. Ed Williams (19) isn't bad but he doesn't shorten his stride very much. On a wet field, he is going to slip.

mraynrand
11-30-2015, 04:39 PM
those round-offs just look lazy. Same with Janis catching. You play how you practice!

Maxie the Taxi
11-30-2015, 07:32 PM
those round-offs just look lazy. Same with Janis catching. You play how you practice! You and I could do better. Think you could get us a tryout? (I make good cuts but my 40 time is 11 minutes, 4 seconds.)

Deputy Nutz
12-01-2015, 08:40 AM
The lose of Nelson doesn't turn a promising receiving core into shit. There is no way that Cobb has turned to shit in less than a year because he doesn't play next to Nelson. Adams doesn't seem to have progressed the way he has needed to from year one to year two. I think having to deal with single coverage all last year and being the third option.

Jones has never been one to get separation, he uses his body well to shield defenders. His talents or lack of talents shouldn't be a surprise.

The big question is the play of Aaron Rodgers. He has always been heralded for making the players around him better. If that is the case, what the hell is happening this year?

Fritz
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Maybe he's making them worse.

Infamous
12-01-2015, 05:41 PM

lol

mr_blonde
12-01-2015, 07:29 PM

You are correct!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_Wl0qdIDY

mraynrand
12-01-2015, 07:36 PM
You are correct!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_Wl0qdIDY

embarrassing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlNQ15C_ss

yetisnowman
12-04-2015, 12:22 AM
As much as some of you may think I'm a hater. I give aaron infinite props for this win. His play in the second half was stellar. The td to Adams was a beautiful throw. And let's not disregard that few people On the planet can throw the ball that high and that deep for the game winner. 68 yds and a moonshot.

Carolina_Packer
12-04-2015, 05:59 AM
As much as some of you may think I'm a hater. I give aaron infinite props for this win. His play in the second half was stellar. The td to Adams was a beautiful throw. And let's not disregard that few people On the planet can throw the ball that high and that deep for the game winner. 68 yds and a moonshot.

Don't forget the TD run with Ansah chasing him. Aaron must be fast because during the telecast, they showed Ansah catching AP from behind on a long TD run. MrAynRand, when I scrolled down and saw your last post, I almost did one of those old-fashioned spit takes with my coffee.

mraynrand
12-04-2015, 06:37 AM
MrAynRand, when I scrolled down and saw your last post, I almost did one of those old-fashioned spit takes with my coffee.

Capture that picture and send it to Mr. Blonde!

mr_blonde
12-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Capture that picture and send it to Mr. Blonde!

Why??? What is that even suppose to mean???

mraynrand
12-04-2015, 06:46 AM
Why??? What is that even suppose to mean???

You have a vivid imagination. You could write Disney screenplays.

Infamous
12-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Did Rodgers' calling players out for lack of prep help the squad?

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Well....Aaron was one miracle in Motown away from being 0-5 in 4th quarter comeback situations this season. The other 4 stalling out on the goaline with a chance to tie or take the lead. While in my opinion, he has always been unclutch, his vision and accuracy in general has been very substandard this season. Take the last 3 red zone ints. Those are throws we are just not accustomed to him making. Is he emotionally and mentally fractured because of Jordy's absence and the teams uneven play? And his deepball accuracy has been wretched all year. Why? At least once a game one of our slow ass receivers somehow gets some separation deep and Aaron can't make a solid throw. I'm at a loss. What gives with this guy?

Infamous
01-04-2016, 05:31 AM
BAFFLING!!

Carolina_Packer
01-04-2016, 05:55 AM
With the injuries and shuffling of the OL, plus the inconsistency of 1) the run game to produce to reduce the two high safety looks and 2) the play callers at times self-reducing the number of rushing attempts even when the score is close enough to continue to run the ball. They may even start out with a balanced offensive attack, but at some point, not necessarily when behind by two scores, they get more pass happy.

How many clean passing plays do the Packers have where they are able to go to a primary or secondary read and get production? How many times does that become a scramble drill because 1) the receivers can't consistently get open in the passing concepts of this offense and 2) Aaron is more quickly under duress? I'm not saying every other QB has time to make a ham sandwich back there, but I have to figure if Rodgers was seeing open receivers in our passing game, he'd be trying to throw to them.

Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too. That said, he's the two-time MVP and this is a long-established coaching staff, so they should have come up with answers to execution by now. Could it be lack of productive personnel? We'll see when Jordy and Ty get back next year and when they bring in whatever help they find during this next off-season. Perhaps TT will look more closely at free agency to help his 32 year old QB.

Bossman641
01-04-2016, 06:02 AM
With the injuries and shuffling of the OL, plus the inconsistency of 1) the run game to produce to reduce the two high safety looks and 2) the play callers at times self-reducing the number of rushing attempts even when the score is close enough to continue to run the ball. They may even start out with a balanced offensive attack, but at some point, not necessarily when behind by two scores, they get more pass happy.

How many clean passing plays do the Packers have where they are able to go to a primary or secondary read and get production? How many times does that become a scramble drill because 1) the receivers can't consistently get open in the passing concepts of this offense and 2) Aaron is more quickly under duress? I'm not saying every other QB has time to make a ham sandwich back there, but I have to figure if Rodgers was seeing open receivers in our passing game, he'd be trying to throw to them.

Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too. That said, he's the two-time MVP and this is a long-established coaching staff, so they should have come up with answers to execution by now. Could it be lack of productive personnel? We'll see when Jordy and Ty get back next year and when they bring in whatever help they find during this next off-season. Perhaps TT will look more closely at free agency to help his 32 year old QB.

Yep. About the only passing play we can run with any rhythm is the quick out with 1-2 other guys blocking.

Carolina_Packer
01-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Every off-season, MM has a red letter promise. Fixing the offense will obviously be his cause cé·lè·bre this off-season.

Infamous
01-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too.

Interestinlgy, "confidence" is the primary aspect of the QB position that AR espoused when schooling Kirk Cousins this past offseason according to KC..

Its been working very well for KC as of late, rarely looks rattled and I watch 95% of the Skins games locally

yetisnowman
10-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Well here we are. For the last16 games this guy can't execute a competent offense. Can't be consistent on throws that are available . No vision. No precision. He's playing like a middling pedestrian qb. He is a gigantic part of the offense. One he, MM, and TT have constructed . Such a shame. In 2010, we thought the sky was the limit. No it appears, that was our limit and we are on a inevitable downhill slide for this team.

gbgary
10-16-2016, 07:37 PM
other than Lacy, the o-line, and the odd good game from X wr, the o sucks big time...and it starts with Rodgers. over throwing, under throwing, throwing behind, throwing too low, throwing too high.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 07:44 PM
other than Lacy, the o-line, and the odd good game from X wr, the o sucks big time...and it starts with Rodgers. over throwing, under throwing, throwing behind, throwing too low, throwing too high.Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.

Pugger
10-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.

I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:30 PM
If everyone keeps saying Cleveland Browns, its going to happen.

You really want Mark Murphy hiring a GM? Mr. Ribbon Cutter?

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 08:32 PM
I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.Yup. We should have picked up a free agent to help us out. A couple are available. At the very least we should have activated Don Jackson. I think one reason Monty fumbled is he's not used to the contact RB's attract on a regular basis.

Joemailman
10-16-2016, 08:34 PM
I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.

Browns are 0-6. Packers have lost to 2 teams that are a combined 10-1.

RashanGary
10-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Nice perspective joe. This could be a good thing. AR is playing like shit. He can't make excuses any more. This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!

gbgary
10-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.

i'm not talking about today. i'm talking for the season. lacy was hurt today so he gets a pass. the Packers o passing system has been figured out. it's components have been nullified by defensive technique, injury, and ineptitude. i called for us to draft a wr but no. the system needs scrapped in the off season. i think a regime change is probably in the offing too.

Infamous
10-16-2016, 08:52 PM
+1

Nice perspective joe. This could be a good thing. AR is playing like shit. He can't make excuses any more. This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!

Infamous
10-16-2016, 08:53 PM
packers are certainly a top 5 or 6 team in NFC no question!!

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 08:58 PM
i'm not talking about today. i'm talking for the season. lacy was hurt today so he gets a pass. the Packers o passing system has been figured out. it's components have been nullified by defensive technique, injury, and ineptitude. i called for us to draft a wr but no. the system needs scrapped in the off season. i think a regime change is probably in the offing too.I wanted to draft a big, fast WR as well. The interesting thing is we did. The frustrating part is that Davis is seldom utilized and he's the fastest guy on the offense, with maybe the exception of Janis.

yetisnowman
10-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Be grateful for the one title we have. That is all we will achieve with this regime.

King Friday
10-16-2016, 09:33 PM
This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!

So nothing else that smacked him in the face like a 2x4 in the preceding 12 months was enough to convince him to "reapply" himself?

Sorry, Rodgers has become the diva that Favre was from 1998 until McCarthy showed up and hadn't gone fully pussy yet. This loss won't change a thing.

mmmdk
10-17-2016, 07:17 AM
The second Brett era begins. So is Hundley any good?

gbgary
10-17-2016, 09:35 AM
The second Brett era begins. So is Hundley any good?

from what i remember of hundley in the two preseasons that we've had him...i think callahan played better.

Joemailman
10-17-2016, 10:14 AM
from what i remember of hundley in the two preseasons that we've had him...i think callahan played better.

In 2015, Hundley played better as the preseason progressed. Overall he was 45-65 for 630 yards with 7 TD's and 1 INT. Passer rating of 129.6. Better than Callahan IMO. He didn't play enough this year to render a judgment.

hoosier
10-17-2016, 11:41 AM

It seems pretty clear that things are broken at a deeper level than that. This isn't just the result of hardheadedness at QB, it's a combination of factors that arise when you are running a scheme that has been around for a while and can no longer adapt or generate new looks that force defenses to do things they don't want to do. The opposing defense is dictating the terms now, and if the Packers had an easy fix for that they would have implemented it by now. Their best bet was that the defensive improvement would offset the limitations of this offense. Judging from yesterday, that doesn't seem to be the case.

VegasPackFan
10-17-2016, 04:28 PM
I read that the WR's all run individual routes instead of going into bunch formations, running rub routes/legal pick routes and the likes that many other NFL O's run these days.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 04:40 PM
I read that the WR's all run individual routes instead of going into bunch formations, running rub routes/legal pick routes and the likes that many other NFL O's run these days.

This is true, but he has been incorporating new plays into the last few games. When Lacy got hurt versus the Giants, the no huddle returned full force with Starks after that and back came the ISO routes.

There was more variety again versus the Cowboys, I think that was directly related to his improved completion percentage. A lot of that was Monty and Cobb.

VegasPackFan
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
It's alarming to me that he can get 5-6 seconds which is an ETERNITY in the NFL to throw and he cant find an open guy. Either he isnt seeing the field well or the guys just aren't getting open. Most QB's would destroy defenses with that much time to throw.

gbgary
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM
In 2015, Hundley played better as the preseason progressed. Overall he was 45-65 for 630 yards with 7 TD's and 1 INT. Passer rating of 129.6. Better than Callahan IMO. He didn't play enough this year to render a judgment.

cool, thanks! remember i said "from what i remember...". so clearly is wasn't much. lol