PDA

View Full Version : Manning gets yardage record, then is benched.

Patler
11-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Manning passed Favre for career passing yards early in the game, then in the third quarter was benched for Brock Osweiler after throwing 4 interceptions and posting a QBR of 0 (yup, "zero").

After getting the record for him, are the Broncos done with Manning??

mraynrand
11-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Manning passed Favre for career passing yards early in the game, then in the third quarter was benched for Brock Osweiler after throwing 4 interceptions and posting a QBR of 0 (yup, "zero").

After getting the record for him, are the Broncos done with Manning??

was he in danger of setting the INT record in the same game?? :)

Patler
11-15-2015, 07:43 PM
He sure is trying this year. But, alas, I think he has started too late for that one.

He still needs just one win, I think, to pass Favre for career wins by a starting QB. I think they are tied.

Guiness
11-15-2015, 08:03 PM
was he in danger of setting the INT record in the same game?? :)

Indeed, I was wondering after knocking off one record if he was going for the next one.

To answer Patler's, it's hard to tell, but ya, I think they are. He has shown nothing at all this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if, now that he's been lifted, he doesn't play anymore a la Favre in Minnesota.

denverYooper
11-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Manning had a foot injury

Patler
11-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Manning had a foot injury

ya, last week. But he started, played the entire 1st half and started the second half before being pulled when he threw the 4th interception.

denverYooper
11-15-2015, 08:59 PM
ya, last week. But he started, played the entire 1st half and started the second half before being pulled when he threw the 4th interception.

Yeah I know. He's been pretty bad all year.

Guiness
11-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Kubiak making it official that Peyton will start when healthy, and also that he should not have started him today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/kubiak-says-peyton-will-start-when-healthy/

Patler
11-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Kubiak making it official that Peyton will start when healthy, and also that he should not have started him today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/kubiak-says-peyton-will-start-when-healthy/

So, it's easy then. Just keep him on the injury report for the rest of the year, let him do minimal work in practice, play only his backups, and save face for Manning and the organization!

Probably an arrangement already in the works for him to retire at the end of the year and take over a car dealership for a dollar, or something like that. Denver knows how to make those work.

Guiness
11-15-2015, 10:57 PM
So, it's easy then. Just keep him on the injury report for the rest of the year, let him do minimal work in practice, play only his backups, and save face for Manning and the organization!

Probably an arrangement already in the works for him to retire at the end of the year and take over a car dealership for a dollar, or something like that. Denver knows how to make those work.

They could well be saving face on both sides of this. No football player is truly healthy shortly after the regular season begins, it would be easy (and believable) to say he's not ready to go.

How is Brock Osweiler anyways? He's on his 4th season now, and before tonight had 30 attempts in his pro career. Only thing I know about him is that he's over 2m tall.

George Cumby
11-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah I know. He's been pretty bad all year.

Except when we play him and he lights us up.

Smidgeon
11-16-2015, 12:49 AM
Funny how opposing teams always play lights out against the Packers. Manning, Rivers, Stafford all had their games of the year against them. Newton was good too, but he's been pretentiously putting up those types of games all year.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Funny how opposing teams always play lights out against the Packers. Manning, Rivers, Stafford all had their games of the year against them. Newton was good too, but he's been pretentiously putting up those types of games all year.

Stafford had much better games against the Bears and Vikings. He had a pretty average game yesterday.

Rivers threw a ton of passes, so had a lot of yards, but most else for him was a little below average (rating, Y/A).

Manning did have his game of the year against the Packers. He should have probably just retired on that one.

The problem for the Packers D right now is that the offense can't seem to stay on the field until the last 6-10 minutes of the game.

Cheesehead Craig
11-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Manning will likely be benched for a few games due to his injury of being too old and broken down to play. They'll call it a foot, but everyone knows what it is.