PDA

View Full Version : AROD'S POST GAME INTERVIEW

Bretsky
11-16-2015, 07:41 AM
He took a lot of blame for missing some throws. He did.

The one comment he noted to improve things is he noted something like we have to get the best players who are making plays on the field and give them the opportunity. Then he transitioned to noting Perillo and Abby made some nice player out there today.

Not sure If there is anything to read into this....but I did.

Abby was known as a good route runner at UW and a very smart dude. Seeing Jones hasn't been open in about 4 weeks and Rodgers runs about a 6.0 forty, maybe these guys need some more time.

Nobody fears us getting behind the secondary anymore.

mission
11-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Bench Rodgers for Perrilo and Jones for Abby. Let's go!

I was also surprised to see that they didn't give Harris a single carry.

pbmax
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Bench Rodgers for Perrilo and Jones for Abby. Let's go!

I was also surprised to see that they didn't give Harris a single carry.

They tried to screen it to him and it was ugly. Like early Brandon Jackson ugly. But they weren't running it enough to give him the ball.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 11:48 AM
They tried to screen it to him and it was ugly. Like early Brandon Jackson ugly. But they weren't running it enough to give him the ball.

If I recall that play, it was blowed up all over the place, not just the fault of Harris, if that's what you meant.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 11:49 AM
The one comment he noted to improve things is he noted something like we have to get the best players who are making plays on the field and give them the opportunity. Then he transitioned to noting Perillo and Abby made some nice player out there today.

Abracadabra and the Fatman. I like it. It has a ring to it, like a TV show on Tuesday nights.

Rutnstrut
11-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Another thing would be stubby learning how to use the players he has properly. Not continuing to square peg, round hole it.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Another thing would be stubby learning how to use the players he has properly. Not continuing to square peg, round hole it.

can you give some examples? (seriously, I'm interested)

pbmax
11-16-2015, 12:14 PM
If I recall that play, it was blowed up all over the place, not just the fault of Harris, if that's what you meant.

I meant a screen from a time when the players didn't seem to recognize the playcall whenever M3 dialed one up. So yes, all blowed up does fit with my recollection as well.

Bretsky
11-16-2015, 04:47 PM

As negative at Rut sounds there is some logistics to this. Green Bay comes out in very vanilla formations and never seems to change.

When is the last time we saw a lot of motion ? How about a 3 WR stack so they can't jam us so well on the ball. I'm not saying do it all the time, but I do question how effective they are scheming to the players strengths.

Rutnstrut
11-16-2015, 05:00 PM

I am far from a great football mind. But we keep hearing about having slow receivers that get no separation. Well the Packers aren't/can't be the only ones with "slow" receivers. I know the Patriots have no real burners, yet they play to the strengths of what they have. Yes I know a great TE like Gronk makes a big difference. But I really think stubby should be able to call games that play to the strengths of the players he has at the time. As opposed to something he put down on paper weeks ago, and just hopes it will work with what he has.

Joemailman
11-16-2015, 05:09 PM
I think people are downplaying how much the decline of Lacy has hurt this team. With Jordy out, teams aren't worried about the Packers throwing deep. With Lacy inneffective/out, teams aren't worried about the running game. The result is that they are focusing on stopping the short-to- medium range passes. That's really all they need to worry about.

Rutnstrut
11-16-2015, 05:12 PM
I think people are downplaying how much the decline of Lacy has hurt this team. With Jordy out, teams aren't worried about the Packers throwing deep. With Lacy inneffective/out, teams aren't worried about the running game. The result is that they are focusing on stopping the short-to- medium range passes. That's really all they need to worry about.

Very good point.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 05:50 PM

I agree with your point about lack of run game. But I don't think they are just taking away certain pass plays. If they ignore the run game, they can simply focus on getting upfield and applying pressure, while letting the DBs cover man. The pass rush is often coming way too fast, because there is no concern for getting gashed in the run game. The extreme example of this to me remains the first half of that 2012 game in Seattle. If you can't run, you have to check down. Get the Ripper in there and make it happen, if Lacy (fat) remains questionable. Dump it over the middle to Perillo on very quick patterns.

But I still think the failure in the run game is not just Lacy - awful O-line blocking is a significant component.

Maxie the Taxi
11-16-2015, 07:25 PM
As negative at Rut sounds there is some logistics to this. Green Bay comes out in very vanilla formations and never seems to change.

When is the last time we saw a lot of motion ? How about a 3 WR stack so they can't jam us so well on the ball. I'm not saying do it all the time, but I do question how effective they are scheming to the players strengths.

pbmax has been harping for a while on the fact that the shotgun limits what action and motion is possible. He's convinced me. We should can the hurryup and go more from under center. There are way more options for both the run and the pass, like bootlegs, etc.

denverYooper
11-16-2015, 07:53 PM

That's what YouTube is for.

Make sure you have Safe Mode turned off.

pbmax
11-16-2015, 08:39 PM
pbmax has been harping for a while on the fact that the shotgun limits what action and motion is possible. He's convinced me. We should can the hurryup and go more from under center. There are way more options for both the run and the pass, like bootlegs, etc.

When Rodgers came back from the calf injury (or re-injured it I guess) they went pistol with Lacy and Starks deep. Now Lacy I can't be sure about but Starks loves running ZBS from what is effectively a tailback in the I position (think Ahman Green 7 yards deep).

I would spend some time in pistol to give the run game some help, use the no huddle and give Rodgers a look at the D without having to do a full drop.

mraynrand
11-16-2015, 08:50 PM
That's what YouTube is for.

Make sure you have Safe Mode turned off.

don't you threaten me in my safe space

Carolina_Packer
11-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Win the down and distance battle, create 2nd or 3rd and short, and take what the defense gives you. 3rd and long is bogging down this offense. Stay aggressive, but be smart and take whatever reads give you an open man who can move the sticks. String together some drives to get the mojo back, and then worry about shot plays.

Re-commit to the run game in red letters. 15 carries when you for the running backs in a game that was 3-3 at half, especially when the passing game is struggling is not good enough. It doesn't have to be draws, it can be a guy in the flat, or a check down over the line, like a long hand-off. Make them have to cover everyone by being willing to go to anyone in the passing game. If you are open, be ready.

Forget about 6-0
Forget about 0-3

Go 1 and 0!

Fritz
11-17-2015, 04:23 PM

I think there's more cornholing than round holing going on in GB these days...

You know, I'd like to see Harris get a few carries, if Lacey is really that far in the injury/dog house. Starks could use a breather now and then, and I understand that Harris is a punishing runner. If the offensive line can't punish anyone, I'd like to see someone do it.

Maxie the Taxi
11-17-2015, 04:27 PM
I think there's more cornholing than round holing going on in GB these days...

You know, I'd like to see Harris get a few carries, if Lacey is really that far in the injury/dog house. Starks could use a breather now and then, and I understand that Harris is a punishing runner. If the offensive line can't punish anyone, I'd like to see someone do it.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing John Crockett in the game. He's a good receiver coming out of the backfield and we need that.

But lightning would have to strike me twice before I'd see that.

Rutnstrut
11-17-2015, 05:04 PM
They need something. How is it that the members here can see that but stubby won't or is he too stubborn?

pbmax
11-17-2015, 05:41 PM
A more scat back type could make hay out of the shotgun with RB in the sidecar formation.