PDA

View Full Version : Booing the home team?

Fosco33
11-16-2015, 02:04 PM
For what it's worth, I was at Lambeau yesterday, sat under Troy/buck and yes... I booed.

But I wasn't booing the Packers - but the officials. I'd say that was the case for most of the fans - except some ppl did boo at the half.

In reading Vic's column - it was mostly filled with sappy comments about not booing the team. It'd hurt their feelings, etc.

Mostly it was hard to cheer and get loud on defense because the game from every level on both sides and officiating stunk.

What say you? Did it appear we were booing the team, team and officials, does it matter??

"O sucks the ref!"

red
11-16-2015, 02:34 PM
it seemed like the fans were booing the team

as was i, from home

George Cumby
11-16-2015, 02:49 PM
If the team is producing that poorly, they deserve to be booed. This isn't Pop fucking Warner.

Joemailman
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
I was at the game. The offense was definitely getting booed as the 3rd quarter wore on. I don't boo, but I can't blame anyone who did yesterday. The crowd was trying to get into it when the defense was on the field, but after while, I think people were getting depressed. Have to give people something to cheer about. The crowd was certainly into it as the Packers came back in the 4th quarter, despite the shock that the Packers actually had a chance to win the game.

Pugger
11-16-2015, 06:54 PM
I can understand wanting to boo the team but what good would that accomplish? All it does is allow fans to vent their frustrations but can it make the team play even worse?:cnf:

channtheman
11-17-2015, 12:33 AM
I can understand wanting to boo the team but what good would that accomplish? All it does is allow fans to vent their frustrations but can it make the team play even worse?:cnf:

I always thought it made them play better. If they are playing poorly and the fans booing them makes them sad, we probably don't want them on our team anyway. Putting forth a crap product for all the people who paid to watch you in person and them booing you should light a fire under your ass to play better.

mraynrand
11-17-2015, 06:21 AM
People pay a crap load of money for those tickets - except the evil tavern owners. If the Packers aren't winning, they should be booed if they aren't left bloody and exhausted on the field by the final gun.

Fritz
11-17-2015, 04:12 PM
People pay a crap load of money for those tickets - except the evil tavern owners. If the Packers aren't winning, they should be booed if they aren't left bloody and exhausted on the field by the final gun.

The lowliest player on the roster makes about four times as much as I do in a year.

The guys actually being booed make way, way, way, way more than that.

Hell yes I'll boo them.

I was glad to hear it when I did. That offense dropped a turd against what is one of the most porous defenses in the league.

Tony Oday
11-18-2015, 10:54 AM
If they don't like to be booed beat the Fucking Lions!

Rutnstrut
11-18-2015, 02:15 PM

awesome post.

George Cumby
11-18-2015, 10:36 PM

Fucking A.

Cheesehead Craig
11-19-2015, 07:04 AM
They were saying Kuuuuuuuuuuhhhnnnn!

mraynrand
11-19-2015, 07:11 AM
They were saying Kuuuuuuuuuuhhhnnnn!

Is that Kuhn? Is he still on the team? You know, if TT were a good GM, he would have replaced Kuhn in the offseason with a receiver like AJ Green or Julio Jones, anticipating Nelson's injury. It would be nice to have a competent GM.

Smidgeon
11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Is that Kuhn? Is he still on the team? You know, if TT were a good GM, he would have replaced Kuhn in the offseason with a receiver like AJ Green or Julio Jones, anticipating Nelson's injury. It would be nice to have a competent GM.

Ah, the deliciousness of subtle satire. That's why I keep coming back.

mraynrand
11-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Ah, the deliciousness of subtle satire. That's why I keep coming back.

I really deliver it so you just can't know for sure, hey?

Smidgeon
11-19-2015, 11:30 AM
I really deliver it so you just can't know for sure, hey?

It's the best kind. The kind where the entirety of context is necessary to discern the specific statement.

Brohm
11-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Watching the 2015 version of the Randy Wright offense makes me boo incessantly.

pbmax
11-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Watching the 2015 version of the Randy Wright offense makes me boo incessantly.

Since it was before my time, this reference makes me smile, not to mention the Badger connection. I'm not happy about it now, but boy do I remember some frustrated Packer fans back then. Oy.

:D