PDA

View Full Version : Did we know this about Randall?

Patler
11-20-2015, 06:38 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about this at the time:

Randall’s transition to the NFL ranks hasn't been without obstacles. He was slowed during the offseason program due to an ankle injury and drew the ire of cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt when he came in overweight. Through it all, Randall kept talking like he always has.
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/11/19/rookie-randall-not-short-confidence/76072690/

An overweight CB? That's a new one, especially a rookie CB

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about this at the time:

An overweight CB? That's a new one, especially a rookie CB

I kinda doubt is was like Lacy (fat) questionable; probably just a combination of being really bulked up and less cardio. For DBs, the margin is pretty thin, and all you have to do is get a little off balance to pick up 5-10 pounds you don't need. That's a pure guess, so it would be interesting to know how much overweight he was, the circumstances etc. But mostly I don't care. He's playing pretty good football for a rookie corner.

Patler
11-20-2015, 07:56 AM
I kinda doubt is was like Lacy (fat) questionable; probably just a combination of being really bulked up and less cardio. For DBs, the margin is pretty thin, and all you have to do is get a little off balance to pick up 5-10 pounds you don't need. That's a pure guess, so it would be interesting to know how much overweight he was, the circumstances etc. But mostly I don't care. He's playing pretty good football for a rookie corner.

Yah, I agree. I don't care either for this year. Just thought it curious that a rookie DB came in enough overweight that he "drew the ire" of Whitt, whatever that means.

The interesting part will come in future years. If he "muscled up" more than they want, that's one thing. If at age 22/23 he is already fighting a tendency to gain off season weight, it could be another issue. Then, too, maybe it was just a young athlete making some bad decisions on his own, not knowing quite what the pro game is or how to prepare for it.

Certainly a different situation for the Packers, who recently have had a fair number of the scrawnier type of CB.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Comparing rookie DBs, I think he is already better than Newsome. He seems just as tough and as willing to tackle, but also seems faster and more agile. Obviously slower than Shields, but obviously a far better tackler.

pbmax
11-20-2015, 08:25 AM
I barely remember this being mentioned in conjunction with the ankle injury. But I want to say the weight was gained in conjunction with rehab for the injury. As in, he could do as much running, so he put on a few pounds. Intentionally or not, don't remember.

Fritz
11-20-2015, 08:57 AM
In situations like these, with the team playing poorly, it's best to call the player in question here a fat piece of fuck and clamor for him to be cut immediately.

It simplifies things.

mraynrand
11-20-2015, 09:11 AM
I barely remember this being mentioned in conjunction with the ankle injury. But I want to say the weight was gained in conjunction with rehab for the injury. As in, he could do as much running, so he put on a few pounds. Intentionally or not, don't remember.

This makes sense. Everyone on the Packers is injured/rehabbing from an injury.

Fritz
11-21-2015, 07:56 AM
I want to be on the record as saying that that fat piece of shit should be cut immediately.

Unless he plays well on Sunday. Then I want to be on the record as saying I told you all the team needed to be patient.

pbmax
11-21-2015, 09:23 AM
^ You just have to know which buttons to push.

call_me_ishmael
11-21-2015, 09:59 PM
In situations like these, with the team playing poorly, it's best to call the player in question here a fat piece of fuck and clamor for him to be cut immediately.

It simplifies things.

LOL!!!!!!!

channtheman
11-22-2015, 12:44 AM

LOL. I just pictured Lacy in the defensive backfield. Funny image.

mraynrand
11-22-2015, 07:56 AM

It simplifies things.

We do this all the time over in FYI

Pugger
11-22-2015, 08:20 AM
I want to be on the record as saying that that fat piece of shit should be cut immediately.

Unless he plays well on Sunday. Then I want to be on the record as saying I told you all the team needed to be patient.

I wonder if he'll play today... :sad: