PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR! MANNING and HAWKINS MAY HAVE BEEN RELEASED

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I pulled this off another forum. I NORMALLY do NOT do this. But since we are all awaiting word of the cuts, I thought it would be fun to add fuel to the fire. Again, it is just a RUMOR, no links can be provided. Take it for what it is worth.

Sources have informed the Journal Sentinel that linebacker Roy Manning and cornerback Mike Hawkins have been released. Green Bay's full 53-man roster will be announced later today.

green_bowl_packer
09-02-2006, 04:36 PM
There's a source from JSO so probably true.
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2

SATURDAY, Sept. 2, 2006, 4:18 p.m.
Packers cut Manning, Hawkins

Sources have informed the Journal Sentinel that linebacker Roy Manning and cornerback Mike Hawkins have been released. Green Bay's full 53-man roster will be announced later today.

CyclonePackFan
09-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd bet money that one or both of them winds up on the practice squad.

Lurker64
09-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I guess I can only hope that Hawkins can sneak onto the practice squad, somehow. Since the kid has a whole lot of potential, but in the absence of performance, "potential" is a dirty word for a player on your roster.

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Can't say that I am surprised about Manning. He lost his spot to T. White based on special teams play.

Hawkins is an interesting cut. Who is their dime back? Horton????? I hope TT is scanning that waiver wire for a better option!

falco
09-02-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't think Hawkins can go back to the practice squad after being active all last year.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I hope they didn't keep somebody like Patrick Dendy over Hawkins. Dendy is a never will be. I know Hawk can't stay healthy, but at least he has a slight chance of being good someday. Either Blackmon is closer to returning then we think, they claimed a corner from another team, or this is a head scratcher.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Can Manning?

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Harvey,

I agree 100%! Dendy is junk!

green_bowl_packer
09-02-2006, 04:45 PM
If we had any kind of depth last year, neither of these guys would of stuck with the team out of camp. I think they were scared that someone would snatch up Hawkins if he was on the practice squad so that's why he made it, now he turns out to be a guy who doesn't want to play dinged up, so now they have to show him the door.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 04:48 PM
The thing with Hawkins, and always will be, is he is such a gifted athlete, but he really can't be a succesful cornerback. He's just doesn't have the cover skills. But I agree, if we kept Dendy over Hawkins. that'd be a questionable deceision. Maybe TT's gonna keep some Malone?

falco
09-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Thats the only other thing I can think is that one of the recent FA CB acquisitions will stay on the team as the 5th CB, but I didn't hear any press, positive or negative about them at all.

Rastak
09-02-2006, 04:51 PM
It was kind of odd to draft a guy like that in the 5th round anyway. I know I thought that was a head scratcher at the time. I know hindsight is 20-20 but it seemed like an odd pick when it happened. I would have thought the guy could have been had as an UDFA....

woodbuck27
09-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Are they PS eligible? I didn't think so.

I do believe that Roy Manning was beaten out by Tracy White as doesn't Wite play ST's pretty well? So cutting him wouldn't surprise me.

Michael Hawkins. Injuries? Alot, it seems to me. Yet, who in Sam's Creation beat him out?

Jason Horton if that's a fact. Patrick Dendy has been invisable.

Antonio Malone has made a couple of plays. Do they see alot from him fr. the short while with us (and reports prior to his acquisition)?

Come On Ted !!

:mrgreen:

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Tracy White just outplayed Manning. I wouldn't say Manning played bad this preseason, I'd just say Tracy White played well and was one of the surprise players.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Hawkins on IR.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:21 PM
My correction, Dendy is gone.