PDA

View Full Version : Lions Week II

Joemailman
11-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Abbrederis and Linsley practiced today. T.J. Lang, Randall and Montgomery only players not practicing. MM said Quarless will not be activated today, but did not rule it out this week. Practice was really just a jog through in sweats and helmets. Real practice tomorrow.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Linsley back at practice with the ones. Good thing or bad thing?

Discuss.

I kinda think its a bad thing. Tretter was really helping with the run game. Cory might be the better choice in power situations, but down in and down out, Tretter got Lacy more yards.

hoosier
11-30-2015, 10:13 AM
They did seem to be running better with Tretter, but he also cost them at least three points against Chicago with that worm-burner snap of his. Three points during that drive would have been huge.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 11:40 AM
They did seem to be running better with Tretter, but he also cost them at least three points against Chicago with that worm-burner snap of his. Three points during that drive would have been huge.

I think you can fix a shotgun snap (although this year I might not bet heavily on it). Not sure another week and an injury rehab is going to make Linsley any better at getting out on a LB.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 52m52 minutes ago
McCarthy not a fan of the Thursday-Thursday schedule. "But that's the beauty" of the NFL, he says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 51m51 minutes ago
McCarthy: It's important for Randall Cobb to be a big part of our offense, that's a focus each & every week.

AS FAR AS A STATEMENT OF FIRST PRINCIPLES, I AM OK WITH THIS

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 50m50 minutes ago
McCarthy said Andrew Quarless will start practicing today.

NOT SURE HE IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE WILKERSON AWARD, BUT WILL CONSIDER A WAIVER

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57 minutes ago
Quarless will practice today, MM says. .... If Randall can't play, MM likes what he's seen out of Henry Rollins Band.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 54m54 minutes ago
McCarthy said Jeff Janis has "done a really good job" on kickoff returns. "We're definitely looking at him for this week."

HE HAS TAKEN A FEW TOO MANY OUT, BUT ITS HARD TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A 4/165/41.3AVG STAT LINE

pbmax
11-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 43m43 minutes ago
Julius Peppers, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Ty Montgomery and Demetri Goodson didn't practice. Andrew Quarless and Damarious Randall were back.

Guiness
11-30-2015, 01:16 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 43m43 minutes ago
Julius Peppers, T.J. Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Ty Montgomery and Demetri Goodson didn't practice. Andrew Quarless and Damarious Randall were back.

No update on Bulaga? His injury was originally called 'minor'.

Montgomery sure seems to be following an awful long road back.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 01:33 PM
No update on Bulaga? His injury was originally called 'minor'.

Bulaga did the walkthrough Sunday. His absence seems to say all was not well.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
The #Packers now listing Jeff Janis as their No. 1 kickoff returner on depth chart, ahead of Abbrederis, Hyde and Montgomery

mraynrand
11-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
The #Packers now listing Jeff Janis as their No. 1 kickoff returner on depth chart, ahead of Abbrederis, Hyde and Montgomery

given current injury status, that's not saying much!

pbmax
11-30-2015, 01:58 PM
given current injury status, that's not saying much!

I also think that M3 basically admitted the PR staff puts that chart together, not him. But let's not rain on the facts parade.

Janis is #1.

hoosier
11-30-2015, 02:26 PM
I am going on record as predicting a 12-2 loss at Detroit. And there will be a historical moment in this game: the only GB points will come on a defensive two-point conversion.

mraynrand
11-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I also think that M3 basically admitted the PR staff puts that chart together, not him.

Tauscher?

mraynrand
11-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I am going on record as predicting a 12-2 loss at Detroit. And there will be a historical moment in this game: the only GB points will come on a defensive two-point conversion.

I love you and hate you for this all at once.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
#Packer injury report: Bulaga (ankle), Goodson (illness), Montgomery (ankle), Peppers (not injury related) did not participate.

IF YOU PIECED TOGETHER BULAGA, GOODSON AND MONTY FRANKENSTEIN-STYLE, YOU COULD MAKE A DECENT TIGHT END I THINK.

PEPPERS (AGE).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
#Packers Injury report: G T.J. Lang (shoulder), C Corey Linsley (ankle), LB Nate Palmer (foot), G Josh Sitton (back) were limited.

PIECE THESE GUYS TOGETHER AND ITS JUST ANOTHER GUARD.

Freak Out
11-30-2015, 05:14 PM
As a NFL Head Coach who is M3 "required" to communicate with in the media? Presser after games? Twice a week? Not sure.....

The reason I bring this up is I heard M3 on the Dan Le Batard show a few weeks ago and it was the worst interview I have ever heard, and was a complete waste of time for a HC.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 05:16 PM
He has League mandated availabilities, but those are relatively minimal. If he is on a national radio show, its usually because he does two or three extra national ones a week.

He used to be on Brian Billick's Sirius radio show often.

They might have special requirements for NFL Network.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m11 minutes ago
The #Packers brought in WR Larry Pinkard for tryout. Eligible to re-sign after injury agreement expires this wk. Made big catch in PS finale

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM
He has League mandated availabilities, but those are relatively minimal. If he is on a national radio show, its usually because he does two or three extra national ones a week.

He used to be on Brian Billick's Sirius radio show often.

They might have special requirements for NFL Network.

Like speak in complete sentences?

smuggler
11-30-2015, 05:59 PM

Grade 3 ankle sprain. Takes non-athletes a month to get off crutches. A year to a full recovery, if ever. He won't be the player we saw earlier in the year when he returns. Should be 100% for next season.

Joemailman
11-30-2015, 06:56 PM
"He (Montgomery) hasn’t made much progress, and I’m sure there’s going to be some more testing and so forth," McCarthy said. "There’s different thresholds you try to reach through your rehab, and we’re just not quite getting there. Obviously, we’ve got to do some more research."

Doesn't sound like we'll see him any time soon. Tough year for the WR group.

pbmax
11-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Grade 3 ankle sprain. Takes non-athletes a month to get off crutches. A year to a full recovery, if ever. He won't be the player we saw earlier in the year when he returns. Should be 100% for next season.

Isn't that torn ligaments? As in, "no longer connected together at all" torn?

Joemailman
12-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Isn't that torn ligaments? As in, "no longer connected together at all" torn?

Yes. If it's a 3, we won't see him this year.

hoosier
12-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Did someone see an actual report of diagnosis on Monty or is this just speculatin on hypotheses?

pbmax
12-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Did someone see an actual report of diagnosis on Monty or is this just speculatin on hypotheses?

Its speculation based on M3 saying there had not been much improvement in Monty over the last week.

Deputy Nutz
12-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Doesn't sound good for Monty. The worst ankle sprain I ever had was grade 3 and it was my lower ankle. I was still in decent shape and a decent athlete and it took a full 3 months to recover to the point where I could run and do some light cutting, base running was a struggle after a month. I could usually tough out ankle injuries without assistance, but I remember hopping into a wheelchair at the grocery store. I went to physical therapy for 3 weeks, so it wasn't like I just ignored it either.

pbmax
12-01-2015, 08:42 AM
If it was torn completely, whatever grade that might be referred to, he would have had to immobilize the foot to allow the ligaments to reattach I believe. There have been no reports of him being in a cast, walking boot or even large brace that I am aware of. In some cases, surgery is necessary to help reattach.

So as long as he is out walking around at practice and not immobilized or off his feet, my assumption is that its less than a full tear. But even that doesn't mean it couldn't be multiple weeks yet.

smuggler
12-01-2015, 08:43 AM
I blew out my ankle playing basketball in an ROTC pickup game. Took me about two weeks before I could stand without significant pain from the localized swelling. I could run after 8 weeks, but couldn't play racquetball or practice martial arts anywhere near my pre-injury levels for like 6 fucking months. So frustrating. Doctor told me if fibula had fractured, I'd have been better off.

Mostly hopped around on one leg and left the crutches by the door.

Cheesehead Craig
12-01-2015, 09:40 AM
I got jalepeno juice in a hangnail once. That smarted. After some therapy, both physical and mental, I was able to drive past a Taco Bell again.

Fritz
12-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Well, he won't be around, so it'll be up to the remaining receivers to try not to make the Lions' decrepit secondary look like a bunch of Revises.

At this point, would Abbrederis or Janis be any worse that Davante Adams has been? Couldn't they run a few four wide receiver sets with both those guys and Adams and Cobb occasionally, and set Richard "Slow" Rodgers on the bench?

hoosier
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Well, he won't be around, so it'll be up to the remaining receivers to try not to make the Lions' decrepit secondary look like a bunch of Revises.

At this point, would Abbrederis or Janis be any worse that Davante Adams has been? Couldn't they run a few four wide receiver sets with both those guys and Adams and Cobb occasionally, and set Richard "Slow" Rodgers on the bench?

Abbrederis breaks every time they use him. To have a chance they need to revert to what the Bears used to do in the 70s when they had Walter Payton and a bunch of nothing. Run Lacy 35 times, mix in an occasional pass to Cobb to keep the defense from stacking the box with all eleven, and hope the punting and defense give you enough for a 15-12 win.

mraynrand
12-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Abbrederis breaks every time they use him. To have a chance they need to revert to what the Bears used to do in the 70s when they had Walter Payton and a bunch of nothing. Run Lacy 35 times, mix in an occasional pass to Cobb to keep the defense from stacking the box with all eleven, and hope the punting and defense give you enough for a 15-12 win.

This is better than your 12-2 scenario.

Freak Out
12-01-2015, 11:12 AM
When are we going to see Alonzo Harris again? Is he worth running out there on 3rd downs? can the guy catch a pass?

pbmax
12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
When are we going to see Alonzo Harris again? Is he worth running out there on 3rd downs? can the guy catch a pass?

I think he might be slower than Bulaga. They tried a screen pass to him a few games ago, but that was before they remembered how to run them.

Tony Oday
12-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Get Monty some stem cell injections!!!!

Freak Out
12-01-2015, 12:48 PM
I think he might be slower than Bulaga. They tried a screen pass to him a few games ago, but that was before they remembered how to run them.

I must have missed both plays they used him this season,

pbmax
12-01-2015, 12:58 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 14m14 minutes ago
They should fire everyone except Janis.

Carolina_Packer
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM
I wonder when they would cut bait on Montgomery's season to have the roster spot for someone who could at least be some help to the team. I give you the secret weapon from the practice squad:

Williams, Ed WR 6-0 196 24 R Fort Hays State

Joemailman
12-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Get Monty some stem cell injections!!!!

Or maybe Russell Wilson can help.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/russell-wilson-recovery-water.jpg

Patler
12-01-2015, 05:53 PM
I wonder when they would cut bait on Montgomery's season to have the roster spot for someone who could at least be some help to the team. I give you the secret weapon from the practice squad:
Williams, Ed WR 6-0 196 24 R Fort Hays State

It could happen when (if) they decide to activate Quarless. They will need a roster spot for him.

Fritz
12-01-2015, 06:03 PM
It could happen when (if) they decide to activate Quarless. They will need a roster spot for him.

Kind of a crummy trade-off. Not what anyone was hoping, I don't think.

Patler
12-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Kind of a crummy trade-off. Not what anyone was hoping, I don't think.

But it does make some sense, if Abbrederis is ready to go. It would be very unlikely for them to have more than 5 WRs active on game days. Janus seems to have the kick return job in hand, and is very valuable for KO and punt coverage teams. Abbrederis is #4 over anyone they might sign, so there is little use for another WR at this point. Cobb, Adams and Jones aren't going anywhere.

Fritz
12-02-2015, 06:53 AM
But it does make some sense, if Abbrederis is ready to go. It would be very unlikely for them to have more than 5 WRs active on game days. Janus seems to have the kick return job in hand, and is very valuable for KO and punt coverage teams. Abbrederis is #4 over anyone they might sign, so there is little use for another WR at this point. Cobb, Adams and Jones aren't going anywhere.

Oh, I agree. It does make a lot of sense. I just meant that I think most people were hoping Montgomery would come back in another two games, and that adding Quarless would mean that for the last three or so games you'd have both Montgomery and Quarless back to try to get the passing game going.

I suppose the hope now is that Abbrederis can play and not be injured every fourth play, and that Quarless can at least be a steadying, slightly-better option than Richard "Sack of Flour" Rodgers.

Carolina_Packer
12-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Oh, I agree. It does make a lot of sense. I just meant that I think most people were hoping Montgomery would come back in another two games, and that adding Quarless would mean that for the last three or so games you'd have both Montgomery and Quarless back to try to get the passing game going.

I suppose the hope now is that Abbrederis can play and not be injured every fourth play, and that Quarless can at least be a steadying, slightly-better option than Richard "Sack of Flour" Rodgers.

Do the Packers ever use two TE sets (either 2, 12 or 22 personnel)? If the healthy WR options are limited and Q is coming back, I wonder if they would run more 2 or 12 personnel with Quarless and Rodgers. If they would run 12 personnel with the 1 back, they could still threaten to run or pass out of that set. I just don't know if they run this much. Anyone know?

This article is a few years old and does reference some of the ways each set can be used: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1698299-breaking-down-nfl-offensive-personnel-groupings

Joemailman
12-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Do the Packers ever use two TE sets (either 2, 12 or 22 personnel)? If the healthy WR options are limited and Q is coming back, I wonder if they would run more 2 or 12 personnel with Quarless and Rodgers. If they would run 12 personnel with the 1 back, they could still threaten to run or pass out of that set. I just don't know if they run this much. Anyone know?

This article is a few years old and does reference some of the ways each set can be used: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1698299-breaking-down-nfl-offensive-personnel-groupings

Last year the Packers TE's played on the following percentage of snap counts:

Perrillo 1%
Quarless 60%
Bostick 3%
Taylor 1%
Rodgers 45.5%

So they had to have used 2 TE's at least 10% of the time. Probably more since there were likely snaps where they used 0 TE's.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Stu Courtney ‏@Stucourt 14m14 minutes ago
WR Ty Montgomery out, CB Damarious Randall and both #Packers centers among those questionable for #Lions game: http://pck.rs/1QeTVdw

Rutnstrut
12-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Stu Courtney ‏@Stucourt 14m14 minutes ago
WR Ty Montgomery out, CB Damarious Randall and both #Packers centers among those questionable for #Lions game: http://pck.rs/1QeTVdw

I just read about Tretter on another site. Supposedly if he or Linsley can't go at center, Lang will have to fill in there.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 01:04 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/injuryLions.png

Teamcheez1
12-02-2015, 01:09 PM
I just read about Tretter on another site. Supposedly if he or Linsley can't go at center, Lang will have to fill in there.

And Rodgers thought he was running for his life the last few weeks. Wait till tomorrow.

Rutnstrut
12-02-2015, 01:10 PM
I think at this point in the Packer's season, if they are questionable and on the OL or a WR they pretty much HAVE to play.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2015, 01:13 PM
The Nate Palmer watch begins. Light a candle.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 01:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVPWkkoUEAA5vCG.jpg:large

pbmax
12-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Bob's prescription?

Fire some players. You think you are hurt Cobb? Watch me cut James Jones. That'll heal you right up.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seldom-play-fear-card-by-shuffling-roster-b99626762z1-360085831.html

Funny. Bob was singing hosannas about Nowak prior to Week 1.

Joemailman
12-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Bob's prescription?

Fire some players. You think you are hurt Cobb? Watch me cut James Jones. That'll heal you right up.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seldom-play-fear-card-by-shuffling-roster-b99626762z1-360085831.html

An evenhanded article would point out that what Thompson is doing now is the same thing he was doing as he built this team into a Super Bowl Champion. Not that the other way can't work. There's just more than one way to maintain a roster.

Fritz
12-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Bob's prescription?

IF the Packers have success this season, there will be a McGinn article about the wisdom of steering a steady ship and not panicking.

Of course, McSpinn would like us to guess who those seven guys are whom he thinks should be cut. But what I'd like to know is which seven players Bob knows are out there, available, and better than what's on the roster.

Or is the point simply to create fear? I'm not sure. He held Wolf up as a model, but Wolf didn't cut people just to cut people - he was constantly turning over the bottom of the roster to try to upgrade. I'm not sure any of those cuts ever scared Mike Wahle into playing harder. Then McSpinn held up the Dom Capers/Barry Foster example of just cutting someone in order to produce an effect.

So, I'm not sure what he's after, exactly - cutting guys to create fear, or cutting guys because there are better guys out there.

Joemailman
12-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Bob says 2 are starters. Any guesses? I'll go with Richard Rodgers and Nate Palmer.

Fritz
12-02-2015, 02:46 PM
I'd be on board with benching both of them. But not cutting them. Unless there's a guy on the street who is magically better.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Cleaning house in December would be very odd timing. There is a shortage of players.

mraynrand
12-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Fear of being fired drives people in every walk of life. It's a motivational technique that no longer applies in Green Bay, and the franchise is worse off for it.

Bostick? Geez Bob, I didn't even have to think for more than a second to find a flaw in your brilliant hypothesis. It's just that the Packers don't do it like they are on the Apprentice because, well, that gets you hated by players and scouts and other managers and just about everyone.

Plus, we find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

mraynrand
12-02-2015, 03:17 PM
That isn't surprising. Thompson himself hung around the Oilers for a decade as a backup. Each summer, we hear Thompson and McCarthy go on and on about their feelings of trauma associated with telling players they no longer have a place on the Packers.

Forgive me for not requesting Kleenex. Welcome to the real world.

McGinn has totally gone off the deep end.

Maxie the Taxi
12-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Fire McGinn!

pbmax
12-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah, when you are relying on deep psychological analysis of someone you barely know to support your point, you have officially gone off the deep end.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57264387.jpg

Cleft Crusty
12-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Fire McGinn!

That would certainly make me work harder.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 03:35 PM
OK, now he has me hooked. 7 players to jettison, 2 starters.

On offense it could be Jones or Rodgers. But I am not sure even Bob is advocating cutting your TE off to spite your offense. So Jones on offense.

Masthay on ST? Might deserve it, and punters are the one commodity you can usually find in a day laborer line.

On defense it could be Guion (what was that contract?) since Pennell is taking his snaps, Palmer or Mulumba at LB and I am guessing Hayward at CB.

So I have six, but 3 starters. Anyone else?

Backups could be anyone on PS, hardly a challenge. Backups on roster: Backman, Tolzien (? maybe he looked funny at Michael Cohen), Goodson (goldbrick with illness), Gunter (be inactive on the unemployment line), Kuhn (age discrimination my ass), Janis (? counter-intuitive Bob pick-if Packers don't trust him, why keep his around?).

Smidgeon
12-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Bob's prescription?

Yay! More sensationalist, scare-tactics journalism! I'm already reading more articles!

Patler
12-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Is McGinn feeling the heat from the merger?

Firing as a performance motivational factor?

mraynrand
12-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Is McGinn feeling the heat from the merger?

Firing as a performance motivational factor?

bingo

Patler
12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Have the Patriots and Seahawks won that many more Super Bowls than the Packers the last 10 years?

pbmax
12-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 12m12 minutes ago
DBs w/ lowest burn %

Revis 40%
Porter 40%
V.Davis 43%
Norman 43%
Fuller 43%
Gilmore 47%
House 47%
Darby 48%
Kirkpatrick 48%
Breaux 48%

Maybe we expected too much from Adams versus old man Porter.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 11m11 minutes ago
QBs w/ lowest comp % vs. blitz

Tannehill 47.8%
Kaepernick 48.7%
Winston 50.5%
Cutler 52.6%
Luck 52.8%
Rodgers 53.5%
Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!

Smidgeon
12-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Tannehill 47.8%
Kaepernick 48.7%
Winston 50.5%
Cutler 52.6%
Luck 52.8%
Rodgers 53.5%
Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!

Didn't he used to rank with the Mannings in the top 3?

Patler
12-02-2015, 05:40 PM
OK, now he has me hooked. 7 players to jettison, 2 starters.

On offense it could be Jones or Rodgers. But I am not sure even Bob is advocating cutting your TE off to spite your offense. So Jones on offense.

Masthay on ST? Might deserve it, and punters are the one commodity you can usually find in a day laborer line.

On defense it could be Guion (what was that contract?) since Pennell is taking his snaps, Palmer or Mulumba at LB and I am guessing Hayward at CB.

So I have six, but 3 starters. Anyone else?

Backups could be anyone on PS, hardly a challenge. Backups on roster: Backman, Tolzien (? maybe he looked funny at Michael Cohen), Goodson (goldbrick with illness), Gunter (be inactive on the unemployment line), Kuhn (age discrimination my ass), Janis (? counter-intuitive Bob pick-if Packers don't trust him, why keep his around?).

Questionable character - Guion for sure. I think he also advocated releasing Quarless immediately, didn't he?
Injury history - Abbrederis has to be at the top of that list. Shields could be there too. Neal, Perry, Bulaga. Lots of candidates here.
Age - Kuhn, they have a replacement available anyway
Performance - any non starter. Guion, Masthay, Palmer, R Rodgers, Adams. The first two might be released, the others merely demoted.

Releasing James Jones would be just the opposite of what you want to encourage. This is a guy who is always available, even when injured, and never complains. It's not his fault he is thrust into more of a role than he is suited for.

Joemailman
12-02-2015, 07:07 PM

Tannehill 47.8%
Kaepernick 48.7%
Winston 50.5%
Cutler 52.6%
Luck 52.8%
Rodgers 53.5%
Bortles 54.1%

OOOF!

Well, I think that reflects his season in general. His current completion percentage of 60.5 is the lowest of his career as a starter, and is 23rd in the NFL.

pbmax
12-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Questionable character - Guion for sure. I think he also advocated releasing Quarless immediately, didn't he?
Injury history - Abbrederis has to be at the top of that list. Shields could be there too. Neal, Perry, Bulaga. Lots of candidates here.
Age - Kuhn, they have a replacement available anyway
Performance - any non starter. Guion, Masthay, Palmer, R Rodgers, Adams. The first two might be released, the others merely demoted.

Releasing James Jones would be just the opposite of what you want to encourage. This is a guy who is always available, even when injured, and never complains. It's not his fault he is thrust into more of a role than he is suited for.

I agree the messages will be mixed for a lot of these. Is any player going to not go to the tub if they cut Abby? He's missed so much time some of his teammates don't know who he is yet.

Jones would be production drop-off. But that could cost everyone but Tretter and Lang their jobs on the O line.

Bob is just an idiot. Seahawks' Nowak wasn't released as part of some get tough, shape up or ship out effort. They blew their O line position to smithereens last offseason and they are still rebuilding it.

denverYooper
12-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Have the Patriots and Seahawks won that many more Super Bowls than the Packers the last 10 years?

Only the Giants and Steelers have done it twice in the last 10 years. And the Steelers had 2 different HCs. Tom Coughlin sits alone as the winningest HC of the last decade.

All hail Grandpa Coughlin!

Pass the Werthers!