PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg not cut, he was traded

Rastak
09-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Cuts

The Minnesota Vikings have released the following 21 players and have traded T Adam Goldberg to the St. Louis Rams for an undisclosed draft choice.

PLAYER.......................... POS...... SCHOOL......................... EXPERIENCE
Richard Angulo..................... TE..... Western New Mexico....... 4th Year
Tony Beckham.................... CB..... Wisconsin-Stout.............. 5th Year
Josh Davis.......................... WR..... Marshall............................ 1st Year
Rod Davis............................. LB..... Southern Mississippi........ 3rd Year
Adimchinobe Echemandu... RB..... California.......................... 3rd Year
Dustin Fox........................... CB..... Ohio State........................ 2nd Year
Charles Gordon................... CB..... Kansas............................. Rookie
Ryan Hoag.......................... WR..... Gustavus Adolphus.......... 1st Year
Steven Jackson.................... FB..... Clemson.......................... Rookie
Chris Jones........................ WR..... Jackson State.................. 1st Year
Kevin Kasper...................... WR..... Iowa.................................. 5th Year
Chris Liwienski....................... G..... Indiana.............................. 8th Year
Kyle McKenzie...................... LB..... Minnesota ........................ Rookie
Mike McMahon..................... QB..... Rutgers............................ 6th Year
J.T. O'Sullivan..................... QB..... Cal-Davis......................... 5th Year
Willie Offord............................ S..... South Carolina................. 5th Year
Jason Palermo....................... C..... Wisconsin........................ Rookie
Donald Penn........................... T..... Utah State........................ Rookie
DeQuincy Scott................... DE..... Southern Mississippi........ 5th Year
Khreem Smith..................... DE..... Oklahoma State............... 1st Year
Eric Taylor............................ DT..... Memphis.......................... 1st Year

Rastak
09-02-2006, 04:54 PM
The only real surprises are Rod Davis and Willie Offord....

Lurker64
09-02-2006, 04:57 PM

Damn, I was hoping he was going to have a huge year so that Sid Hartman would go have fits struggling with that name.

BallHawk
Both of them missed a lot of games last season. Maybe injury concern was part of it. I can't say how they looked in camp, because I wasn't following them.

Rastak
Both of them missed a lot of games last season. Maybe injury concern was part of it. I can't say how they looked in camp, because I wasn't following them.

They both played pretty well.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 04:58 PM

Damn, I was hoping he was going to have a huge year so that Sid Hartman would go have fits struggling with that name.

He'd just give up and call him Adam Eche.

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Rastak,

Is Offord a guy the Pack should look at? He's got to be a better 4th S then Tra Boger, right?

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Liwienski is about the only guy of worth. Maybe Offord--since we need a 4th string safety badly.

I love training camp reports. Some really liked Chris Jones. There were rumors that Beckham was impressing them. I loved the Dallas game where Beckham probably should have a PI. Then, he gives some kind of pose. He did the pose on two different plays. Very Ahmad Carroll of him.

Rastak
09-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Rastak,

Is Offord a guy the Pack should look at? He's got to be a better 4th S then Tra Boger, right?

I sure would if I were TT, I'm kinda pissed they cut him. He's a hard hitting safety who played really well last year before tearing his ACL. Heck he's had a couple picks the last two weeks to boot. I guess they wanted to keep Wil Hunter who also played pretty well. Plus Greg Blue is very similar to Offord.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Career stats for Willie Offord:

47 games, 76 Tackles, 2 INT

Rastak
09-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Liwienski is about the only guy of worth. Maybe Offord--since we need a 4th string safety badly.

I love training camp reports. Some really liked Chris Jones. There were rumors that Beckham was impressing them. I loved the Dallas game where Beckham probably should have a PI. Then, he gives some kind of pose. He did the pose on two different plays. Very Ahmad Carroll of him.

Beckham has size and they did like him but it was a numbers game. Whitaker tore up NFL Europe and played really well this preseason. Dustin Fox was a major bust for the Vikes though. 3rd round pick's don't grow on trees.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:05 PM
3rd round pick's don't grow on trees.

And man, do we know about that.