PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone refer to a Jones drop in the endzone?

Patler
12-03-2015, 08:22 AM
The replays of the third down pass to Jones clearly showed that Tracy Porter got his hand in and raked the ball away before Jones was able to catch it. Is that a drop? It was a very good play by Porter, but the throw was up at Jones head and probably late. Jones actually beat Porter, turning him completely around. An earlier throw would have been there. Even when he threw it, if Rodgers delivered further out or further down, it is doubtful Porter could have gotten to it. He put it in almost the only area Porter could get to other than inside.

After watching it several times over, I can't really blame Jones a lot on that one.

It also looks like if Rodgers was really throwing to Cobb on 4th down, it would have been well behind him.

Rodgers was high on a lot of throws in that game, and not real precise on others.

mraynrand
12-03-2015, 08:28 AM
No doubt Rodgers is struggling. Better passes win that game. And it was rainy and wet. And passes had already been dropped. All the more reason it's baffling that they didn't try a run or two inside the 10. Or on other run heavy successful drives earlier in the game. Especially against a team that is truly awful versus the run. Just amazing.

mraynrand
12-03-2015, 08:29 AM
All that being said, Jones could have caught that ball. But it was not a drop.

Cheesehead Craig
12-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Rodgers was high on a lot of throws in that game

:smk:

Fritz
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I thought the same thing when it happened - a throw another foot to the right would've been impossible for Porter to get to. Not the most accurate throw, but if Jones had put both hands out like he usually does, instead of waiting for the ball to come in, he might've been able to catch it. But it was not the best throw.

And while I could not catch a Rodgers fastball, I thought Davante Adams was supposed to be able to do that. The ball was wet, sure, but Chicago receivers didn't have the drops the Packer receivers did.

mraynrand
12-03-2015, 11:51 AM
And while I could not catch a Rodgers fastball, I thought Davante Adams was supposed to be able to do that. The ball was wet, sure, but Chicago receivers didn't have the drops the Packer receivers did.

According to Stubby, they are doing ball drills all week: Balls here, balls there, balls everywhere. What they need are more balls on the field (and kept OFF the field).

Fritz
12-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Teabaggin' at practice?

red
12-03-2015, 04:34 PM
i've noticed that on a lot of a-rods passes lately

the pinpoint accuracy is not there, or if it is there, he's not throwing it to the ideal spot where only his receivers can get it

he himself has been playing pretty shitty, kind of a dick move for him to then call out others for their preparations, when he is just as much to blame as the rest of them

how many times in the last month have we seen him overthrow guys by about 5 feet? and compare that to how many times we've seen him do that over his career

a-rods accuracy is gone, the question is, why?

pbmax
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM
i've noticed that on a lot of a-rods passes lately

the pinpoint accuracy is not there, or if it is there, he's not throwing it to the ideal spot where only his receivers can get it

he himself has been playing pretty shitty, kind of a dick move for him to then call out others for their preparations, when he is just as much to blame as the rest of them

how many times in the last month have we seen him overthrow guys by about 5 feet? and compare that to how many times we've seen him do that over his career

a-rods accuracy is gone, the question is, why?

Can you be sure the receiver is where they should be?

The rest of it, I believe, is because of the banged up shoulder.

red
12-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Can you be sure the receiver is where they should be?

The rest of it, I believe, is because of the banged up shoulder.

we've seen it on deep passes where our guy has their guy beat and is sprinting 30 yards down the field

nothing the receiver can do different there

Bossman641
12-03-2015, 05:37 PM
It also looks like if Rodgers was really throwing to Cobb on 4th down, it would have been well behind him.

I thought the same thing

channtheman
12-03-2015, 10:57 PM
According to Stubby, they are doing ball drills all week: Balls here, balls there, balls everywhere. What they need are more balls on the field (and kept OFF the field).

Are they suckin' dick or catching footballs? I'm confused. :???:

Maybe this is the problem?

SkinBasket
12-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Are they suckin' dick or catching footballs?

Why choose? These activities are not mutually exclusive. James Jones has proven that.

Fritz
12-04-2015, 09:05 AM
They are sucking dick at catching footballs.