PDA

View Full Version : Packers worked out several players today

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
RB Montee Ball, 4 WRs and a QB.

Think the first 5 are a message to the rest of the team? I don't get the QB workout.

red
12-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Wow, that's a hell of a statement

red
12-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Back to the old days where we lose and need the and we sight a cb or d lineman when we already have 8 of those

Joemailman
12-04-2015, 04:31 PM
You know you're desperate when you bring in a Badger RB.

Freak Out
12-04-2015, 04:36 PM
...and Bretsky in 1, 2, 3....

Deputy Nutz
12-04-2015, 04:45 PM
I seriously can't believe Monte Ball is unemployable. I thought he was going to be different at the next level. I wonder if he has anything left and if he could contribute to the Packers. He had the most eligant jump cut I had seen since Barry Sanders.

Zool
12-04-2015, 04:51 PM
IMO Monte always seemed too slow in his first 7-10 yards. No discernible burst. Good-great college back but not enough for the NFL. I guess that describes Edgar Bennett too, but EB made it work by blocking and learning to catch screens.

Rastak
12-04-2015, 05:21 PM
NFL Radio was talking about how Lacy said he didn't why he wasn't involved then McCarthy said "He didn't have a good week"........noiw they bring in Ball for a workout......anyone hear any speculation on what MM meant?

HarveyWallbangers
12-04-2015, 05:35 PM
NFL Radio was talking about how Lacy said he didn't why he wasn't involved then McCarthy said "He didn't have a good week"........noiw they bring in Ball for a workout......anyone hear any speculation on what MM meant?

Report is that Lacy and Harris missed curfew. Lacy saw limited snaps after two 100 yard games and Harris was cut, so it sounds like that's your explanation. I think Ball would be brought in for Crockett's spot on the PS. Report said that Harris will not be brought back to the PS. Apparently, he burned his bridges.

Rutnstrut
12-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Report is that Lacy and Harris missed curfew. Lacy saw limited snaps after two 100 yard games and Harris was cut, so it sounds like that's your explanation. I think Ball would be brought in for Crockett's spot on the PS. Report said that Harris will not be brought back to the PS. Apparently, he burned his bridges.

Yup, that's pretty much word for word what they just said on NFLN.

KYPack
12-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Hope it was a good buzz.

Joemailman
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM

I don't think Ball would be practice squad-eligible.

HarveyWallbangers
12-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't think Ball would be practice squad-eligible.

They said he was. Veteran exemption.

denverYooper
12-04-2015, 07:37 PM
When Ball got cut by the Broncos and not picked up anywhere else right away, the buzz was that he did something to deserve it not related to his play on the field. Broke some unspoken rule or somesuch.

Bretsky
12-04-2015, 11:15 PM

Time to start the "asshole" chant I used to be so good at when I was a student at the U :))

Guiness
12-04-2015, 11:39 PM
When Ball got cut by the Broncos and not picked up anywhere else right away, the buzz was that he did something to deserve it not related to his play on the field. Broke some unspoken rule or somesuch.

I'll take "punched a coach" for 100 Chuck :whaa:

woodbuck27
12-05-2015, 07:21 AM

'B' will be HAPPY. :-)

woodbuck27
12-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Time to start the "asshole" chant I used to be so good at when I was a student at the U :))

I'm back.

Isn't that my role here? :-)

smuggler
12-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Where have you been, anyway, Woodbuck?

woodbuck27
12-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Where have you been, anyway, Woodbuck?

I'll give you some facts:

When Summer arrives Mae and I head East....to ** the Montreal, Quebec area ** as a mid point destination. . . on our way East to the Maritime Provinces. I've a Garden home ** there ** ( located near Longueil / Brossard, Quebec.... on our way to a Farm Country home (formerly a farm and Maternal Family owned and passed down to me and my Bro and Sister ) and located....in South Central New Brunswick, Canada. It's quiet where we reside all Winter in Honey harbour, Ontario and frigid as in really COLD........so back East inn the Summer and Fall ....is a big change.

We leave here in late June for the East Coast.....Maritimes. That move excludes Packerats as it's been but will change as we plan that for future trips away.

I can't post here while in NB as well frankly I work my ass off at the property trying to keep it from Nature taking it back. I work Mon. to Friday....often 10 hour days in the field and woodlot. It's my 'burden Of Love' for what I deem my Spiritual Home Smuggler. This is truly a blessed place that the Locals call God's country...Our Home and property there since 1854. A marvelous place with surprizes daily. Great weather as well. Nice and hot with a wonderful mountain breeze in then afternoon's.

The very BEST of people live in the general communities as well. I mean the BEST opeople thatb will do anything for you and are so supportive otherwise. Ac real sense of Old Time Community exists in the Welsford / Clarendon / Wirrel / Patterson / HOYT / Central Blissville / Fredericton Junction / Tracy/ Rusagonis and French lake and Geary area's of Sunbury CO. New Brunswick. Saint John (my Home Town........the First Incorporated City in Canada is very nice as well. Great people and an awesome history.

Patler
12-05-2015, 10:11 AM
RB Montee Ball, 4 WRs and a QB.

Think the first 5 are a message to the rest of the team? I don't get the QB workout.

They do this frequently, and usually bring in numerous players at the same position so they can compare. When they bring in WRs they usually bring a QB or two so they have someone to throw to them. They can't use their own QBs, or it would count as practice time, which is limited enough as it is.

I suspect they will sign a RB to the practice squad, it is a position they like to have backed up. Although, they may need to use their open spot for a center, as that is getting a little thin.

With their WR group nursing a lot of injuries, I can see why they want a current list of available players. I think they had a couple in just before Thanksgiving, too. I doubt they were sending any kind of message with these tryouts, they do some almost every week. No body gets excited when it is just a few fat ol' linemen.

mraynrand
12-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Although, they may need to use their open spot for a center, as that is getting a little thin.

Hey, I just had an idea: what about using the long snapper as a backup? :satan:

smuggler
12-05-2015, 05:02 PM
This is truly a blessed place that the Locals call God's country...Our Home and property there since 1854. A marvelous place with surprizes daily. Great weather as well. Nice and hot with a wonderful mountain breeze in then afternoon's.

Damn. I'm jealous. I have to sail around all day on a catamaran and pray the port authority isn't on their game.

Rastak
12-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Damn. I'm jealous. I have to sail around all day on a catamaran and pray the port authority isn't on their game.

Damn it, I'm gonna bill you for a new keyboard.....:laugh:

woodbuck27
12-05-2015, 06:27 PM

Then whatever you do keep something like this off your deck:

http://www.geocities.ws/anilduman/ginger/Ginger11.jpg

Patler
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Hey, I just had an idea: what about using the long snapper as a backup? :satan:

Fantastic idea! He should be able to step in seamlessly, don't you think?