PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers cut?

falco
09-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm listening to the audio off packers.com, just background noise now but I heard two guys talking about Corey Rodgers.

Speculation at its finest!

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
After yesterdays game, I really don't think there is any speculation about whether he'll stay or go. Ruvell Martin is much more deserving.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 05:20 PM
He's gone, just reported.

Creepy
09-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I can see Rodgers back on the PS. He just has to clear waivers, and with his reume he shouldn't have a problem.

I was shocked to see tham keep Leach, wondering if they are not too sure of Henderson coming back?

GB left lots of room to bring in somebody else. Especially at WR.

red
09-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I can see Rodgers back on the PS. He just has to clear waivers, and with his reume he shouldn't have a problem.

I was shocked to see tham keep Leach, wondering if they are not too sure of Henderson coming back?

i think i heard yesterday that henderson is way ahead of schedule and might start next week

Tarlam!
09-03-2006, 02:12 AM
This move shows me TT is completely unlike Sherm and a bunch of other GMs that refuse to admit their mistakes.

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 04:49 AM
I agree ... and I like it.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 08:51 AM
This move shows me TT is completely unlike Sherm and a bunch of other GMs that refuse to admit their mistakes.

Yeah, you need a lot of picks if you plan on cutting guys who suck.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Lol. TT is like the Anti-Sherm, which is why there is so much debate about them. There's not a similarity there anywhere.

BallHawk
09-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Falco you finally changed your avatar. Jason Hunter....Sweeet :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 12:14 PM
This doesn't sound like a kid headed for the practice squad.

Packers | T. Thompson discusses release of C. Rodgers
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:16:38 -0700

Mike Vandermause, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson wished things had worked out better with fourth-round pick WR Cory Rodgers, who was cut by the team Saturday, Sept. 2. When asked if Rodger's shaky performance on punt returns ruined his chances, Thompson said, "It's just everything."

FritzDontBlitz
09-03-2006, 12:24 PM

why would they keep a guy who was a total disaster in training camp? i watched the last game. cory rodgers is a coward: he muffed one punt because he saw he was about to get hit and jumped out of the way at the last second - luckily ben taylor recovered. then, when offered a chance to redeem himself on the next punt he called fair catch and then jumped out of the way at the last second and cost the packers an extra 10 yards of field position. his performance was embarrassing....

Fritz
09-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I think that in part because TT and Ron Wolf are so, so different in style, people think of them as quite different but I see a lot of similarities: both value the draft highly, both like a lot of picks, neither is afraid to cut mistakes, both see scouting as the basis of a good organization, both value drafting a QB every year.

But because Wolf was brash and quotable, and TT is mumbly and bland, people miss out. Im not saying they're exactly the same, but I like the similarities. I just hope the offensive linemen that TT drafted work out...

oregonpackfan
09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
The Corey Rodgers saga demonstrates again that college players should be very hesitant to leave college early.

Rodgers had a year of eligibility left to play college. He declared early. Apparently, he was not ready for the NFL. In all likelihood, he is out of football forever.

A couple of years ago, Oregon State had a fine young defensive back named Brandon Browner(no relation to former NFL player Joey Browner). After just his sophomore year(he had reshirted a year) some greedy agent convinced him he would easily make a late second round-early third round pick.

Despite pleas from OSU coaches and family members that he was not ready for the pros, Browner declared early. He only played a year of High School football.

Draft Day came and went and he was not even drafted! He signed on as a free agent for the Broncos. Nearing the final cut, he broke his wrist in a preseason game. Eventually, the Broncos cut him.

Browner could have played 2 more years at the collegiate level. Now, he is out of organized football for good just like Rodgers and many other former college players who declared early.

OPF

Fritz
09-03-2006, 03:25 PM
One of the factors is whether you've got a better chance to get with the ladies if you're a college hero or an NFLer. Or maybe you just get a different kind of babe

BallHawk
09-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Agreed, OPF. Just look at Maurice Clarett.