PDA

View Full Version : Packers Unrestricted Free Agents In 2016

Joemailman
12-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Mason Cosby: He'll be back.
Mike Neal: Probably back
Nick Perry: Injuries may make him affordable
Casey Hayward: I think he'll be gone. TT will take the comp pick.
James Starks: He'll be back.
Andrew Quarless: Probably back.
Brett Goode: He'll be back.
Sean Richardson: Career likely over.
Mike Daniels: This will be tough. Outstanding player who probably fits in a 4-3 as well as 3-4.
B.J. Raji: Packers would like to sign him, but his market value has gone up.
Don Barclay: Probably back cheap.
Scott Tolzien: He'll probably leave.
John Kuhn: I think he'll be gone this time.
James Jones: Probably gone.
Letroy Guion: Pennel probably makes him expendable.

Fritz
12-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Mason Cosby: He'll be back.
Mike Neal: Probably back
Nick Perry: Injuries may make him affordable
Casey Hayward: I think he'll be gone. TT will take the comp pick.
James Starks: He'll be back.
Andrew Quarless: Probably back.
Brett Goode: He'll be back.
Sean Richardson: Career likely over.
Mike Daniels: This will be tough. Outstanding player who probably fits in a 4-3 as well as 3-4.
B.J. Raji: Packers would like to sign him, but his market value has gone up.
Don Barclay: Probably back cheap.
Scott Tolzien: He'll probably leave.
John Kuhn: I think he'll be gone this time.
James Jones: Probably gone.
Letroy Guion: Pennel probably makes him expendable.

You nailed every single one.

Well, that's the end of that thread!

gbgary
12-12-2015, 04:42 PM
tons of cap room so anyone they want to keep they can, unless someone else wants to pay stupid money. correct me if i'm wrong but if someone is unrestricted i don't theres a compensatory pick.

Joemailman
12-12-2015, 04:52 PM
tons of cap room so anyone they want to keep they can, unless someone else wants to pay stupid money. correct me if i'm wrong but if someone is unrestricted i don't theres a compensatory pick.

You get comp picks for losing unrestricted free agents to other teams based mostly on the size of the contract they sign. If you release a player before his contract runs out (Bears/Peppers) then there's no comp pick.

Fritz
12-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Keep Daniels and Raji!

Joemailman
12-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Packers will go into FA with about 26 million in cap space. That's assuming they don't release anybody. That's based on a salary cap of 150 million. Teams have been told to expect the cap to be 147-155 million. TT will definitely want to carry some cap space into 2017 though, because of some big free agents then (Sitton, Peppers (probably done then), Lang, D. Jones, Lacy, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Hyde).

pbmax
12-12-2015, 06:01 PM
I read that its going to be $153 mil after last year's $143. If I can find the source, I will edit the post.

smuggler
12-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Daniels and Raji are the must-have players, as Fritz says. Of course, gbgary is right that someone might throw dumb money at Daniels and price him out of our league.

pbmax
12-12-2015, 11:17 PM
I read that its going to be $153 mil after last year's $143. If I can find the source, I will edit the post.

NFL on ESPNVerified account ‏@ESPNNFL Dec 4
The salary cap next season will be between $150 million & $153.4 million. The 2015 cap was set at $143.28 million. http://es.pn/1PGmAtv

red
12-13-2015, 08:43 AM
i still dont get the raji love. he's playing better this year (not half assing it like the last two years), but IMO still a JAG

KYPack
12-13-2015, 09:28 AM
There's always been that "we keep our own" strategy in GB.

Maybe it's time to let a lot of these guys walk.

mraynrand
12-13-2015, 09:30 AM
There's always been that "we keep our own" strategy in GB.

Maybe it's time to let a lot of these guys walk.

If Barclay is back next year, that's an admission of a GM fail, even if they draft three tackles.

Fritz
12-13-2015, 10:06 AM
I think Raji is better than average. Too many needs elsewhere to invest in another NT. Sign him!

You can let lots of them go, for sure.

But TT has a long wish list for the draft. Some speed and skill at the WR and TE spots, another inside linebacker, a 5-tech DE, an offensive tackle. And a punter in the seventh round to top it all off.

Bretsky
12-13-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't think Raji breaks the bank although that always seems to be his goal. I think we should sign him as well.

I think we all IGNORE an epic failure that TT clearly does not value while some of the geniuses like Hoody often do.

Where is our Darren Sproles ? Where is our Deon Lewis ? For that matter where is our James White ? G Bernard...etc ??

If we had a RB who was the scat back type and excelled as a receiver it can help cover up the receiving deficiencies as well.

I think we undoubtedly need a real TE threat and cut your ties with Qurless and use Rodgers for what he is....a slow reliable pass catcher who works the zone well and occasionally beats a LB in coverage =====Backup

I'm not convinced we "have" to add a high end WR if Jordy comes back and we get the TE and RB

Maxie the Taxi
12-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Amen. I think that much...

Joemailman
12-13-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't think Raji breaks the bank although that always seems to be his goal. I think we should sign him as well.

I think we all IGNORE an epic failure that TT clearly does not value while some of the geniuses like Hoody often do.

Where is our Darren Sproles ? Where is our Deon Lewis ? For that matter where is our James White ? G Bernard...etc ??

If we had a RB who was the scat back type and excelled as a receiver it can help cover up the receiving deficiencies as well.

I think we undoubtedly need a real TE threat and cut your ties with Qurless and use Rodgers for what he is....a slow reliable pass catcher who works the zone well and occasionally beats a LB in coverage =====Backup

I'm not convinced we "have" to add a high end WR if Jordy comes back and we get the TE and RB

TT drafted the scatback once but Johnathan Franklin's career came to an early end. John Crockett's scouting report gives him some high marks as a receiver, so perhaps he's a possibility. College football isn't producing a lot of real good true TE's right now. I think the Packers need to find a downfield threat though even if he's not a "true" TE. Maybe a guy like Evan Engram in Rounds 2-3. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079887/evan-engram

Patler
12-13-2015, 11:41 AM
If Barclay is back next year, that's an admission of a GM fail, even if they draft three tackles.

or, an indication that Barclay just took longer to come back from his surgery. Barclay is no where near the player that he was two years ago. If he can get back to what he was, i have no problem with him as a reserve OL, but they do need to start finding the next group of starters, and Barclay isn't that.

pbmax
12-13-2015, 11:46 AM
or, an indication that Barclay just took longer to come back from his surgery. Barclay is no where near the player that he was two years ago. If he can get back to what he was, i have no problem with him as a reserve OL, but they do need to start finding the next group of starters, and Barclay isn't that.

Yes, but even healthy, Barclay was an adventure with his pass blocking. He blocked for the run just fine.

Patler
12-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Yes, but even healthy, Barclay was an adventure with his pass blocking. He blocked for the run just fine.

He was an adventure, but he had tenacity and just enough quickness to not get beaten cleanly all that often. Rodgers could deal with Barclay's guy, because Barclay was still engaged at least a little. Now, he still has tenacity, but can't recover worth a darn, and his guy gets on Rodgers without further influence from Barclay.

pbmax
12-13-2015, 11:59 AM
He was an adventure, but he had tenacity and just enough quickness to not get beaten cleanly all that often. Rodgers could deal with Barclay's guy, because Barclay was still engaged at least a little. Now, he still has tenacity, but can't recover worth a darn, and his guy gets on Rodgers without further influence from Barclay.

Easier to do when Bach is not getting shoved backward as well.

Maxie the Taxi
12-13-2015, 12:12 PM
TT drafted the scatback once but Johnathan Franklin's career came to an early end. John Crockett's scouting report gives him some high marks as a receiver, so perhaps he's a possibility. College football isn't producing a lot of real good true TE's right now. I think the Packers need to find a downfield threat though even if he's not a "true" TE. Maybe a guy like Evan Engram in Rounds 2-3. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079887/evan-engram

Franklin was more scat than back.

Joemailman
01-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Since I started this thread, Daniels has been signed. Perry has played his best football. I'd take him over Neal if I had to choose. Raji and Guion have played well. Kuhn seems to have seen increased playing time. Free agency starts March 15. Teams can start negotiating with players March 12.

Tony Oday
01-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Calvin Johnson