PDA

View Full Version : Raider Game

Freak Out
12-13-2015, 07:15 PM
I am buying a ticket this week. Anyone else going?

George Cumby
12-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Gonna be in NC or I'd be there.

Freak Out
12-13-2015, 08:34 PM
Asheville?

Joemailman
12-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Khalil Mack had 5 sacks today. Packers might need to figure out how to block him. Not sure what side he lines up on. Bulaga was struggling with edge rushes today.

George Cumby
12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Close. Morganton. Beautiful country.

Freak Out
12-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Love it. Wicked Weed Funkatorium is my home there....the beer is so fucking good.

gbgary
12-13-2015, 09:29 PM
another nail-biter. maybe a win but most likely a loss. the o just doesn't have it yet.

esoxx
12-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Yes, because a three TD win constitutes a nail biter.

No nail biter today.

George Cumby
12-13-2015, 09:59 PM
What's your favorite, Freak?

Fritz
12-14-2015, 05:57 AM
I hear the Oakland fans are brutal. If Mad can almost get killed there, anyone can.

gbgary
12-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Yes, because a three TD win constitutes a nail biter.

No nail biter today.

no...not today, the oak game coming up. did get dicey in the 3rd though. we've had several nail-biters this year.

Infamous
12-14-2015, 06:59 AM
I will be in Milwaukee at noon sunday frying a turkey with my fam and homeboys..i hope weather holds up/global warming is still in effect!!

where has Madtown been? what about those ladies who were a part of the pack circa '09? 007, Ziggy, etc..

Infamous
12-14-2015, 07:03 AM
cowboys are a TERRIBLE team btw

MadtownPacker
12-14-2015, 10:59 AM
I hear the Oakland fans are brutal. If Mad can almost get killed there, anyone can.Actually from what I hear it is much better than it was years ago. Maybe sucking for a decade has humbled them some. I would like to go but tickets are going for prices only international playboy Whiteys like FreakOut can afford. Unless I take the worse seats but why even bother.

gbgary
12-14-2015, 03:04 PM
cowboys are a TERRIBLE team btw

heard a couple of things today that were pretty amazing...

the boys had 10 possessions that didn't make it outside their own 40; they only had 6 plays in the Packers' end of the field; and only had 1 pass completion in Packers' territory.
the Packers ran 81 plays on those boys yesterday.

Freak Out
12-14-2015, 05:10 PM
A running games makes such a difference.

pbmax
12-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 45m45 minutes ago
Per NFL, #Packers clinch playoff berth with:
1) GB win or tie OR
2) TB loss or tie + WAS loss or tie OR
3) TB loss or tie + NYG loss or tie

mraynrand
12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
So when the Packers meet up with Oakland, they will face the wiley Woodson, erstwhile Packer and tackler. Seriously, I've been following Woodson since he left, and basically the guy does not tackle anymore. I really don't blame him, as he is fragile, especially in the shoulder. Think of Tony Romo as a defensive back. But he is crafty and he will bait the lesser QBs into some very bad decisions. Also, he probably could cover and shut down any Packer "wide receiver" one-on-one - except maybe Janis or Abracadabra. Should be interesting whether he knows any Rodgers 'tells' and gets a pick this week. One thing is for sure - if he tries to actually tackle anyone (think Lacy), he won't finish the game.

mraynrand
12-15-2015, 04:53 PM
I will be in Milwaukee at noon sunday frying a turkey with my fam and homeboys..i hope weather holds up/global warming is still in effect!!

where has Madtown been? what about those ladies who were a part of the pack circa '09? 007, Ziggy, etc..

LORD! You gonna deep fry a turkey? Damn, if Mraynrand were in town, he would invite himself over for that! Have a blast. Enjoy the irreversible climate disruption - we've earned every extra degree of happy warmth!

pbmax
12-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 27s28 seconds ago
Larry Pinkard, who went to camp with #Packers and recently worked out, has signed into Oakland's practice squad

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 27s28 seconds ago
Larry Pinkard, who went to camp with #Packers and recently worked out, has signed into Oakland's practice squad

Raiders are after inside information. This just goes to show that the Oakland secondary is VERY worried about it's ability to cover the Packer WR corps. :roll:

Fritz
12-15-2015, 08:25 PM
I always wonder how much this inside info helps.

pbmax
12-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
MM hopeful that Montgomery and Linsley will practice today.

MM on Oakland's Mack: Extremely athletic and a great motor. Impressed during preseason game here last year.

MM on Quarless: Will practice this week but no plan on when he'll activate him.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Charles Woodson: He's excellent around the football...He's always clawing at the ball. Strong hands. Playing very well.

McCarthy: I think Eddie (Lacy) has put together some really good weeks. Coming off probably his best week. Needs to emulate that this week.

Even in sixth year, MM calls Starks an "ascending player." He's now a three-down player because of improved pass protection.

MM on return of the screen: He says it hadn't gone anywhere, even if it seems like it had.

McCarthy: When you have two backs that you can lean on as a No. 1, that's what you want. Fortunate to have two with two different styles.

mraynrand
12-16-2015, 12:39 PM
MM on return of the screen: He says it hadn't gone anywhere, even if it seems like it had.

Well, that had gone away to a degree, and certainly, the check down as a first look has always been pretty much absent in the Stubby offense. Saw that a couple/few times against Dallas.

Cheesehead Craig
12-16-2015, 01:08 PM

Well, that had gone away to a degree, and certainly, the check down as a first look has always been pretty much absent in the Stubby offense. Saw that a couple/few times against Dallas.

When the Packers run it what, 5-6 times during a game when it was used about that many times over the past month, questions start getting asked about it.

pbmax
12-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 49m49 minutes ago
Only two missing from #Packers practice were G Josh Sitton (back) and CB Sam Shields (concussion). Linsley and Perry return.

mraynrand
12-16-2015, 01:56 PM
It's sure looking like Shields isn't gonna play.

In somewhat related news (hopefully not too related) I saw that after weeks on the injury list the Browns finally ended Haden's season for a concussion.

Teamcheez1
12-16-2015, 02:16 PM
How about we activate Crockett this week and have a full arsenal of running styles?

pbmax
12-16-2015, 02:26 PM
If Quarless is a go, they will need to find a spot for him on the roster, active or not. I think his 3 week waiver is up soon.

smuggler
12-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Yeah. If they don't put him on the active roster by the weekend, he goes to normal IR.

Patler
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM
If Quarless is a go, they will need to find a spot for him on the roster, active or not. I think his 3 week waiver is up soon.

His first practice was Monday, 11/30. I think they can wait until after the game this weekend to activate him.

pbmax
12-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
CB Casey Hayward and DT Mike Daniels - both hamstring - were only adds to #Packers injury list this week. Hayward was full, Daniels limited.

Goldbricking!

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 34m34 minutes ago
David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Mike Daniels (hamstring), T.J. Lang, Corey Linsley, Clay Matthews, Ty Montgomery and Nick Perry were limited.

Joemailman
12-16-2015, 04:54 PM

Based on what? Players with a concussion almost never practice as early as Wednesday.

A player feeling normal one day after the game might pass cognitive testing Tuesday and begin a light exercise program, intensify their exercise routine Wednesday, participate in non-contact aspects of practice on Thursday and return to full practice Friday. But if a player has a history of concussions or isn't progressing as quickly as planned, the process moves accordingly.

pbmax
12-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Amy Trask ‏@AmyTrask 41s41 seconds ago
Retweeting in honor of Star Wars. Me to Al: I need you to greet Darth Vader. Al to me: who the f*** is Darth Vader.

http://media.paperblog.fr/i/761/7616040/force-sport-soit-avec-L-8hteDq.jpeg

I find your lack of a Quarterback disturbing.

Freak Out
12-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Amy Trask ‏@AmyTrask 41s41 seconds ago
Retweeting in honor of Star Wars. Me to Al: I need you to greet Darth Vader. Al to me: who the f*** is Darth Vader.

http://media.paperblog.fr/i/761/7616040/force-sport-soit-avec-L-8hteDq.jpeg

I find your lack of a Quarterback disturbing.

All of us are Raiders fans to certain degree.

Joemailman
12-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Mack lined up on left side on 4 of his 5 sacks last week. With Bakhtiari and Bulaga both hurting, it will be an interesting day.

Freak Out
12-16-2015, 06:31 PM
Run the damn ball.....and screen a bunch.

Carolina_Packer
12-16-2015, 08:09 PM

Their traditional aggressiveness in the passing game has always served them well with "shot plays", but when the offense was not running the ball well and getting to 3rd and long, they didn't have a shot. Without a WR to take the top off the defense, this team will have to dictate terms to the opposing defense by running the ball, especially in colder weather.

pbmax
12-16-2015, 09:16 PM
There is not doubt both backs are involved more in passing this year, though its almost all screen, not a lot of routes into the field.

Starks looks like he and Rodgers somehow fixed that disconnect that made any pass attempt between them look amateurish and uncoordinated.

Joemailman
12-16-2015, 09:35 PM
There is not doubt both backs are involved more in passing this year, though its almost all screen, not a lot of routes into the field.

Starks looks like he and Rodgers somehow fixed that disconnect that made any pass attempt between them look amateurish and uncoordinated.

I'm thinking Packers are using screens more to counter the fact that teams aren't as afraid to blitz the Packers as in the past. But I don't have any information as to whether opponents actually are blitzing more. Anyone?

mraynrand
12-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Based on what? Players with a concussion almost never practice as early as Wednesday.

they didn't say he had intensified his exercise regimen

pbmax
12-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 16m16 minutes ago
Sam Shields (concussion), Ty Montgomery (ankle) and Josh Sitton (back) did not practice. Not a good sign for Montgomery.

mraynrand
12-17-2015, 12:53 PM

yetisnowman
12-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 16m16 minutes ago
Sam Shields (concussion), Ty Montgomery (ankle) and Josh Sitton (back) did not practice. Not a good sign for Montgomery.

Ty looks to be the first NFL player to have retire because of a high ankle sprain. What is going on here?

Teamcheez1
12-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Put Montgomery on IR and be done with him. We need players that can contribute at this stage of the season.

Quarless needs to be in the same boat if he is not playing soon.

hoosier
12-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Maybe Monty has a Lisfranc. Or his ankle is his achilles heel.

Patler
12-17-2015, 04:27 PM
If they don't need the roster spot, keeping Montgomery doesn't hurt anything, just in case he does heal and they end up needing him to return kicks or something.

If they don't activate Quarless by Monday (I think, could be Sunday) he automatically goes on season ending IR.

pbmax
12-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m4 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery (ankle) didn't practice today. Davonte Adams added to injury report with a foot injury. He was limited #Packers

Fritz
12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m4 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery (ankle) didn't practice today. Davonte Adams added to injury report with a foot injury. He was limited #Packers

Nothing new there. Adams has been limited all season. Very limited.

Pugger
12-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Put Montgomery on IR and be done with him. We need players that can contribute at this stage of the season.

Quarless needs to be in the same boat if he is not playing soon.

I suspect Ty will end up on IR and we'll activate Q for next week.

Patler
12-18-2015, 08:41 AM
I suspect Ty will end up on IR and we'll activate Q for next week.

Their roster is a bit unusual this year. There aren't a lot of unused parts. I can see why they might want Quarless for playoffs, he should be their best blocking TE, and they have admitted he is their fastest. He has experience. But how to create an open roster spot for him isn't so apparent.

On offense, as banged up as the O-line has been, they can't let any of them go. Crockett isn't/won't be used; but they have to keep a 3rd. They want Kuhn now, Ripkowski next year. Janis and Abbrederis are safe. Unless they have concluded Montgomery won't be available within the next month, I don't think they will IR him. He could be very useful in playoffs. With Quarless back, one of Perillo and Backman would be unneeded.

On defense, they have only 5 DL as it is, and all the DBs look to be guys they really want to keep, Banjo and Goodson for STs now, Gunter for his potential to possibly fill a spot vacated by Hayward or Hyde this off season. I don't think Mulumba has been active since the bye, all the other linebackers serve a purpose.

Unless they have given up medically on Montgomery for the next month, it might come down to picking from among Perrillo, Backman and Mulumba to free up a spot to activate Quarless.

hoosier
12-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Backman would seem to be the obvious choice unless he adds something to ST that I am not aware of.

Bossman641
12-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Frustrating year for the WR's. Losing Jordy early sealed the deal on never seeing them at full strength but even since then it has just been one thing after another.

Bossman641
12-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Shields is officially out Sunday

mraynrand
12-18-2015, 10:40 AM
Shields is officially out Sunday

George Cumby
12-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Their roster is a bit unusual this year.

Don't we say this every year?

red
12-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Frustrating year for the WR's. Losing Jordy early sealed the deal on never seeing them at full strength but even since then it has just been one thing after another.

yeah, gods being a real dick this year with our wr's and their injuries

taking jordy should have been enough, now he's just shitting on us

Fritz
12-18-2015, 03:18 PM
yeah, gods being a real dick this year with our wr's and their injuries

taking jordy should have been enough, now he's just shitting on us

So what you're saying is that God is Najeh Davenport and we're a laundry basket.

pbmax
12-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 27m27 minutes ago
T.J. Lang picked up and ankle injury to go along with his pre-existing shoulder problem.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 28m28 minutes ago
Like Sam Shields, rookie Ty Montgomery has also been ruled out for Sunday's game. Adams, Daniels, Lang and Linsley are questionable.

mraynrand
12-18-2015, 03:51 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 27m27 minutes ago
T.J. Lang picked up and ankle injury to go along with his pre-existing shoulder problem.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 28m28 minutes ago
Like Sam Shields, rookie Ty Montgomery has also been ruled out for Sunday's game. Adams, Daniels, Lang and Linsley are questionable.

red
12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
So what you're saying is that God is Najeh Davenport and we're a laundry basket.

we're more like the dirty laundry in the basket

Carolina_Packer
12-18-2015, 06:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2yqeD0Nus

mraynrand
12-18-2015, 08:34 PM
^^^ That made me LOL.

wist43
12-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Mack is a mismatch for either of our Tackles - and since MM has a nasty habit of allowing elite rushers free runs at Rodgers by way of "prove it", before he ever considers giving help or chipping, the 1st half could be an exercise in Rodgers picking himself up off the turf repeatedly.

Hopefully Rodgers won't be knocked out of the game before MM gets a clue.

Rutnstrut
12-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Mack is a mismatch for either of our Tackles - and since MM has a nasty habit of allowing elite rushers free runs at Rodgers by way of "prove it", before he ever considers giving help or chipping, the 1st half could be an exercise in Rodgers picking himself up off the turf repeatedly.

Hopefully Rodgers won't be knocked out of the game before MM gets a clue.

Stubby's working on it as we type, I'm sure of it. No wait that's what other coaches would do, stubby likes to cross his fingers and hope. Then when it doesn't work, he'll give the standard we need to get that fixed.

wist43
12-18-2015, 11:43 PM
Stubby's working on it as we type, I'm sure of it. No wait that's what other coaches would do, stubby likes to cross his fingers and hope. Then when it doesn't work, he'll give the standard we need to get that fixed.

Seriously, how hard is it to chip with a TE?? You can't do it all the time of course, but 3 step drops and getting the ball out quickly - and running at the pass rusher are other ways of taming the beast...

For sure and for certain though, on 5 and 7 step drops?? The Tackles best be getting some help from somewhere.

smuggler
12-19-2015, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure rushing at Mack is going to help. He's by far the best run defender in the league over the last two seasons.

Pugger
12-19-2015, 07:20 AM

Losing Jordy really hurt but our other WRs have been banged up too. Cobb's shoulder bothered him earlier, didn't JJ have a sore hammy for a bit plus the fact he's slowing down? Adams' ankle probably still isn't 100% and Ty has been out forever. Janis hasn't figured it out yet and Abby is fragile. With all of these issues is it any wonder our offense has sucked this year even with the best QB in the business?

mraynrand
12-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Losing Jordy really hurt but our other WRs have been banged up too. Cobb's shoulder bothered him earlier, didn't JJ have a sore hammy for a bit plus the fact he's slowing down? Adams' ankle probably still isn't 100% and Ty has been out forever. Janis hasn't figured it out yet and Abby is fragile. With all of these issues is it any wonder our offense has sucked this year even with the best QB in the business?

This description fits the O-line too

wist43
12-19-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure rushing at Mack is going to help. He's by far the best run defender in the league over the last two seasons.

Not saying we'll have success running at him - just want to make him more honest off the snap.

If he just pins his ears back without a care for the run - Bacteria won't hold up, and Rodgers will be leaving on a stretcher.

smuggler
12-20-2015, 12:43 AM
I saw JJ limping during the game last week against the Cowpokes.

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Adams, Lang and Daniels upgraded to probable. Linsley still questionable. Shields and Montgomery out. No update on Quarless.

pbmax
12-20-2015, 09:07 AM
If Quarless wasn't on the transaction report (and we would have heard about that) then he is still in roster limbo. Call needs to be made Monday I think Patler calculated.

ThunderDan
12-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Seriously, how hard is it to chip with a TE?? You can't do it all the time of course, but 3 step drops and getting the ball out quickly - and running at the pass rusher are other ways of taming the beast...

For sure and for certain though, on 5 and 7 step drops?? The Tackles best be getting some help from somewhere.

You do realize we line up with our TE in the backfield a fair amount on passing downs to help the OL.