PDA

View Full Version : 3-0 or 0-3?

Deputy Nutz
12-15-2015, 08:06 AM
The Packers have control of the division and the 3rd playoff spot, but they don't have an easy schedule. Arizona seems to be the total package this year and having to play them on the road along with a feisty Oakland team on the road, and a Minnesota team that might be playing for it's playoff life at Lambeau makes it an interesting last three games of the season.

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Am I wrong to think that if they go 3-0 they might earn the second seed, with a little help from a friend?

mraynrand
12-15-2015, 11:22 AM
yeah, the chickens would have to beat AZ the final week - at AZ.

Freak Out
12-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Unless the OL breaks down completely they should win in Oakland...although it might be a close one. The AZ game is probably a loss. I don't see any reason why AZ would rest players correct? No offense to our brother in Purple Ras, but the only way GB loses to the Vikings at home is if the Packers rest players because they game doesn't matter in playoff seeding.

Freak Out
12-15-2015, 11:25 AM
There it is....the kiss of death.

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2015, 11:26 AM
yeah, the chickens would have to beat AZ the final week - at AZ.Doable.

texaspackerbacker
12-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Arizona didn't look all that great last week, and this season it seems like anybody can beat anybody. I'm certainly not ruling out the second seed.

yetisnowman
12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Am I wrong to think that if they go 3-0 they might earn the second seed, with a little help from a friend?

Cardinals are at the Eagles this week, then home vs Packers, then home vs Seahawks. If we win out and Az loses to Philly and/or Seattle, then we get the 2 seed.

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2015, 11:38 AM
Cardinals are at the Eagles this week, then home vs Packers, then home vs Seahawks. If we win out and Az loses to Philly and/or Seattle, then we get the 2 seed.Why not? Bye and home field. Sounds good to me.

yetisnowman
12-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Why not? Bye and home field. Sounds good to me.

Agreed. I believe all 3 of these games will be hard fought. Oakland is still mathematically alive(albeit slim to none) for the AFC wildcard. Arizona and Minny still playing for a lot as well. Would be tough, but all 3 are winnable.

mraynrand
12-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Cardinals are at the Eagles this week, then home vs Packers, then home vs Seahawks. If we win out and Az loses to Philly and/or Seattle, then we get the 2 seed.

I just assumed AZ would beat Philly, but road games are tough...

Harlan Huckleby
12-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Every Packer game the last month has been a coin flip. No reason to expect anything different the next three weeks. If the running game depends on grass & bad weather, Oakland and Arizona are no advantage.

We're looking at 1-2 or 2-1

Maxie the Taxi
12-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Every Packer game the last month has been a coin flip. No reason to expect anything different the next three weeks. If the running game depends on grass & bad weather, Oakland and Arizona are no advantage.

We're looking at 1-2 or 2-1

So, the possibilities for the next three games are: 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3? I'm impressed. Are you available for consulting work should I decide to head out to Vegas next Spring?

Tony Oday
12-15-2015, 05:48 PM
We win the next 6 games to win the SB.

Fritz
12-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I like TPB. He's the anti-Wist.

Where is Wist? He's had plenty of opportunities to bash the Pack - or has he devolved into only bashing SprayPaintHair?

If so, he missed lots of chances to unload on Stubby or Ted.

Ah, but the season is still young.

Joemailman
12-15-2015, 08:31 PM
I like TPB. He's the anti-Wist.

Where is Wist? He's had plenty of opportunities to bash the Pack - or has he devolved into only bashing SprayPaintHair?

If so, he missed lots of chances to unload on Stubby or Ted.

Ah, but the season is still young.

I don't think Wist has much to say. The defense is keeping the Pack in games while the offense struggles. That's just the opposite of what Wist has always claimed the problem was.

Fritz
12-15-2015, 08:34 PM
I always enjoy any critique that includes the idea that the GM or head coach simply doesn't care about some aspect of the team's performance. Imagine Ted saying "Ah, Mike, who gives a care about stopping the run? I don't."

Harlan Huckleby
12-15-2015, 10:03 PM
So, the possibilities for the next three games are: 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3? I'm impressed. Are you available for consulting work should I decide to head out to Vegas next Spring?

There is more wisdom to be attained from my statement, grasshopper. I'm suggesting that 3-0 or 0-3 are unlikely outcomes. Plus since there are no real trends to the Packer season, each game should be considered independently. If the Packers win or lose two in a row, the third game is still a 50-50 proposition. Even the competition doesn't much matter - Packers seem fully capable of losing to anybody.

mraynrand
12-15-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't think Wist has much to say. The defense is keeping the Pack in games while the offense struggles. That's just the opposite of what Wist has always claimed the problem was.

I guarantee he will never admit he's wrong*

*unless to spite me!