PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Other Games

mraynrand
12-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Why are they showing an electronic football game on NFLN?

Joemailman
12-17-2015, 08:13 PM
So is this the Mustard vs. Ketchup game?

mraynrand
12-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Tackle Jameis Winston!!!

http://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/shop/85/10/29/1/vintage-tudor-tru-action-electric-football-game-model-500_1540051.JPG

Rastak
12-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Why are they showing an electronic football game on NFLN?

That was my first question, when I finished laughing and wiped the tears away.

MadScientist
12-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Well at least it won't piss off the color blind people like the Bills-Jets game did. Other than that, somebody needs to whack Nike and the NFL for this crap.

pbmax
12-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I thought the TV set at the restaurant had lost its color control. It looked like a high school championship game.

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Osweiler playing great for Denver today. Looks like Peyton has played his last.

denverYooper
12-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Osweiler playing great for Denver today. Looks like Peyton has played his last.

And then the 2nd half happened.

Some bad drops by D Thomas and Vernon Davis but Osweiler struggled.

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Packers, Seahawks and Bengals clinch playoff spots. Patriots clinch 1st round bye.

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Seahawks have SB look

mraynrand
12-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Seahawks have SB look

so do most teams playing Cleveland

pittstang5
12-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Arizona Cardinal Offense = Well oiled machine

next week is gonna suck huge monkey balls

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Arizona Cardinal Offense = Well oiled machine

next week is gonna suck huge monkey balls

Sometimes. They only put up 23 against the Vikings last week with the Vikings missing 3 key starters on defense. Packers do need Shields back though.

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Cardinals tied with the 6-7 Eagles. What's the matter with these guys?

mraynrand
12-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Cardinals tied with the 6-7 Eagles. What's the matter with these guys?

#spoketoosoon

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Beckham suspended one game for helmet to helmet hit.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Beckham suspended one game for helmet to helmet hit.

Adam Schefter is carrying Beckham's water on this. Says Beckham felt threatened when the Panther's DB had a baseball bat out on the field for warmups.

But a baseball bat with DBs is apparently a thing now, to represent bringing the wood and hitting a home run. PFT says a backup safety was gesturing with one bat toward the warming up Giants, but Adam says Beckham was threatened with many bats and slurs against his person. Not that that is an excuse, but it tells us where his mind was at before the game. And gives excuse/context for the appeal that will be forthcoming.

Kinda disappointed by Schefter. This is more Mort's territory, with a tenuous assertion of easily deniable facts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/panthers-baseball-bat-is-a-red-herring-in-beckham-case/

Carolina_Packer
12-22-2015, 06:03 AM
I was interested to know more about Josh Norman for the Panthers. He's 28 and was drafted in the 5th round in 2012. I always torture myself by looking at who the Packers picked close to a player like Norman who has clearly hit in terms of far exceeding the impact that a player of his draft status typically does.

Round 4, pick 132, Mike Daniels...nice.
Round 4, pick 133, Jerron McMillian...sigh.
Round 5, pick 143, Josh Norman

Imagine if TT simply chooses Norman instead of McMillian! :cry:

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Adam Schefter is carrying Beckham's water on this. Says Beckham felt threatened when the Panther's DB had a baseball bat out on the field for warmups.

But a baseball bat with DBs is apparently a thing now, to represent bringing the wood and hitting a home run. PFT says a backup safety was gesturing with one bat toward the warming up Giants, but Adam says Beckham was threatened with many bats and slurs against his person. Not that that is an excuse, but it tells us where his mind was at before the game. And gives excuse/context for the appeal that will be forthcoming.

Kinda disappointed by Schefter. This is more Mort's territory, with a tenuous assertion of easily deniable facts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/panthers-baseball-bat-is-a-red-herring-in-beckham-case/
This whole explanation by Beckham is stupid. What, does he think that the Panthers are going to come out during the game with a baseball bat and start beating him? Dummy. So some guys with a bat in pregame justifies him being a punk ass bitch on the field?

I cannot believe that the union is behind him on this. It's ridiculous.

Maxie the Taxi
12-22-2015, 07:33 AM
Sometimes there's not a lot of difference between the NFL and pro wrestling.

ThunderDan
12-22-2015, 08:22 AM
This whole explanation by Beckham is stupid. What, does he think that the Panthers are going to come out during the game with a baseball bat and start beating him? Dummy. So some guys with a bat in pregame justifies him being a punk ass bitch on the field?

I can believe it. What is the point of bringing bats to the field? They aren't used in the game. I guess I would have no problem if they brought the bats and didn't do anything with them.

But once they start making threatening gestures with the bats it should be 15 yards and if it continues they should eject the player. There is no need for a baseball bat at a football game.

If you can get a 15 yard penalty for celebrating an INT with your teammates the NFL should easily be able to find a way to end the baseball bat issue.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Sometimes there's not a lot of difference between the NFL and pro wrestling.

The only thing missing was a folding chair.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 08:39 AM

Teamwork!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHH9EYZHoVU

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2015, 09:25 AM
I can believe it. What is the point of bringing bats to the field? They aren't used in the game. I guess I would have no problem if they brought the bats and didn't do anything with them.

But once they start making threatening gestures with the bats it should be 15 yards and if it continues they should eject the player. There is no need for a baseball bat at a football game.

If you can get a 15 yard penalty for celebrating an INT with your teammates the NFL should easily be able to find a way to end the baseball bat issue.

I agree that the baseball bat thing is stupid. But from all accounts, nobody was waving it at him during the game or threatening to hit him with it. Penalty for what? There was some practice squad player who made some comments before the game. Can't call a penalty before the game even starts. That in no way justifies what Beckham did and feeling "scared".

Teamcheez1
12-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Quarless activated. Montgomery to IR.

No surprises there.

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:31 PM

I read someone, though it might have been tongue in cheek, that the NFL officials on not on the field during warmups. So penalties assigned then would have to be judged by different personnel.

Given that apparently the bat thing is a multi-team phenomenon at this point, I find it hard to believe Beckham was affected to this degree. Norman is a notorious trash talker, so I buy the slur allegation (especially coupled with the post-game comments about Beckham's hair). But that in no way excuses what Beckham did on the field with his helmet. He should have gotten 2 games. Norman should get dinged under the conduct policy for punching Junior and if they can get corroboration, the slurs. I wonder how hard they pursue that, since they got a LOT of blowback on the language policy.

The Union needs to support any appeal even if the thread is tenuous. Part of due process. I doubt the NFLPA will be lobbying to make head shots legal.

ThunderDan
12-23-2015, 08:38 AM
I read someone, though it might have been tongue in cheek, that the NFL officials on not on the field during warmups. So penalties assigned then would have to be judged by different personnel.

Given that apparently the bat thing is a multi-team phenomenon at this point, I find it hard to believe Beckham was affected to this degree. Norman is a notorious trash talker, so I buy the slur allegation (especially coupled with the post-game comments about Beckham's hair). But that in no way excuses what Beckham did on the field with his helmet. He should have gotten 2 games. Norman should get dinged under the conduct policy for punching Junior and if they can get corroboration, the slurs. I wonder how hard they pursue that, since they got a LOT of blowback on the language policy.

The Union needs to support any appeal even if the thread is tenuous. Part of due process. I doubt the NFLPA will be lobbying to make head shots legal.

I agree that Beckham should be suspended. As you say the unions job is to protect the player no matter what.

I just don't get the whole baseball bat issue. Why the fuck do you need a baseball bat anywhere in the stadium? Were people afraid of Ronnie Lott because he had a prop with him or because he hit you hard?

COME ON MAN, let your actions speak for your play not your props.

ThunderDan
12-23-2015, 08:41 AM
I agree that the baseball bat thing is stupid. But from all accounts, nobody was waving it at him during the game or threatening to hit him with it. Penalty for what? There was some practice squad player who made some comments before the game. Can't call a penalty before the game even starts. That in no way justifies what Beckham did and feeling "scared".

It absolutely does not justify Beckham's hit.