PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 15 @ Raiders

pbmax
12-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Woof.

Tretter and Bach banged up. Jones too though I saw him come back in later. Elliot also hurt quad, see posts later in thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWteMgVU4AAuSVv.png:large

Joemailman
12-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Rodgers doesn't seem real happy. Won't really say why. A lot of short answers.

denverYooper
12-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Seems like the Packers beat guys got lost in the Coliseum. Only presser tweets are coming from the Packers's team account.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on playoff spot: It's goal No. 1. This is the first step. Step No. 2 is to win the division. We've got to focus on beating Arizona.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
McCarthy: We've got 10 wins. That's what we came out here to do...Proud of our football team.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
That's all from Coach McCarthy. Hear from #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers next.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
Rodgers on state of the #Packers: We have 10 wins & we're in the playoffs...Playing good enough to win.

denverYooper
12-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
Asked Rodgers what happened on the INT. He said he was trying to get the ball to Woodson but underthrew it. #Packers

denverYooper
12-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 30s30 seconds ago
Rodgers was as politely/pleasantly curt in post-game press conference as I've ever seen him. Lots of short answers, but in oddly nice tone.

pbmax
12-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 35m35 minutes ago
Irked Mike McCarthy: "The style points, you can flush that. I’m sick and tired of talking about the negativities. We’ve won 10 games."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
Micah Hyde: "We’re in the playoffs, that’s big. There’s a lot of teams that can’t say that. We’re just going to try to keep winning."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 56m56 minutes ago
More Micah Hyde on the TD celebration: "I don’t think Coach (McCarthy) is going to be too happy about that. It was pretty funny."

Micah Hyde on TD celebration: "I couldn’t get up, I was getting hit, I was getting picked up. I don’t know, man. I want to see it on film."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 60m60 minutes ago
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on WR Jared @abbrecadabra: "He can get open. He’s a good route runner. He needs to be on the field more."

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
Jayrone Elliott said he'll get an MRI tomorrow on his quad. "Hopefully, it's not as bad as it feels right now" #Packers

pbmax
12-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
More from Damarious Randall on facing Amari Cooper: "Cooper is a great, great receiver. That’s just Coop being Coop."

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1h1 hour ago
If Vikings beat #Packers in season finale and the two teams finish in tie, Minnesota wins NFC North based on better division record.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1h1 hour ago
If #Packers win final 2 games and Cards lose 2 of 3, Green Bay claims No. 2 seed.

pbmax
12-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Nothing new on Bakhtiari except that it was his ankle and it got rolled up on, as they say these days.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3h3 hours ago
#Packers LT David Bakhtiari being helped off after being rolled up on. Barclay in. Didn't look good.

Tom Oates ‏@TomOatesWSJ 3h3 hours ago
#Packers LT David Bakhtiari down. Starks and tackler ran into his legs from behind.

Gil BrandtVerified account ‏@Gil_Brandt Dec 16
OL w/ most pressures allowed

Schwartz 45
Fusco 44
Parnell 43
G.Robinson 40
Pears 38
Bakhtiari 38
K.Long 37
Reiff 37
Masse 37

pbmax
12-20-2015, 09:00 PM
No word on Tretter but just about everyone thought he was limping and hurt during last series.

denverYooper
12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
No word on Tretter but just about everyone thought he was limping and hurt during last series.

So he fits right in with the rest of the OL.

call_me_ishmael
12-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Biggest disappointment of the season has to be Devante Adams, right? I cannot imagine a scenario where they don't draft a WR in the first few rounds on the draft next year.

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2015, 09:31 PM
More Micah Hyde on the TD celebration: "I don’t think Coach (McCarthy) is going to be too happy about that. It was pretty funny."

There was no taunting or excessive delay of game. Just spontaneous joy. The rule is stupid.

pbmax
12-20-2015, 10:37 PM
So he fits right in with the rest of the OL.

Peer pressure. I get it.

pbmax
12-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Giving Zook a run for his money as best coordinator:

There's much more to a football game than offense, however, and down the stretch Dom Capers' defense proved impregnable.

After the red-hot Raiders took over down 24-20 midway through the third quarter, they had five more possessions.

In those five possessions, they ran 27 plays for just 76 yards while picking up four first downs and failing to score.

SPH 4 LIFE!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/live-blog-follow-the-green-bay-packers-at-oakland-raiders-b99636476z1-363076771.html

Pugger
12-21-2015, 05:38 AM
Rodgers doesn't seem real happy. Won't really say why. A lot of short answers.

I suspect he is frustrated with the performance of our offense since the bye week.

mraynrand
12-21-2015, 06:32 AM
There was no taunting or excessive delay of game. Just spontaneous joy. The rule is stupid.

He was going to the ground in celebration. The No Fun League is more competent at expunging happiness than they are at defining a catch.

denverYooper
12-21-2015, 07:34 AM
Giving Zook a run for his money as best coordinator:

SPH 4 LIFE!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/live-blog-follow-the-green-bay-packers-at-oakland-raiders-b99636476z1-363076771.html

"We won 10 games. We lost three games on the last play. Denver beat us. That's the overview of our season."

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 08:33 AM
I suspect he is frustrated with the performance of our offense since the bye week.

I think he doesn't like MM calling the plays, but doesn't want to say that publicly.

Teamcheez1
12-21-2015, 08:35 AM
I think he doesn't like MM calling the plays, but doesn't want to say that publicly.

As opposed to Clements?

Patler
12-21-2015, 08:42 AM

There was talk last year, or the year before, about friction between MM and Rodgers. Each was asked about it, and gave noncommittal answers about not having to be best friends to make things work. There was an instance of the two yelling and being quite animated toward each other. Rodgers sloughed it off as "in the heat of the battle" and MM said the incident showed Rodgers passion, which is what makes him great.

I think there is friction between them. That was why I raised the question last week about how Rodgers might feel about the change from Clements, with whom he reportedly has a very good relationship.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Whoever was calling plays on the two good drives in the second half should keep the job for the rest of the year. The offense hasn't looked like that is a while. Though to be fair, at least one big play was a blown coverage.

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2015, 10:37 AM
There may be friction on a professional level (i.e. the game plan), but I think they genuinely like each other on a personal level. McCarthy is often very effusive of Rodgers as a person and player. Rodgers has talked about what a good person McCarthy is. I don't think that's unhealthy. Belichick and Brady have had similar professional friction, but when you win as much as they have, that tends to dissipate.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Hs anyone heard more about the halftime message McCarthy was said on TV to have delivered? Was that just announcer speculation or did he really call out the D?

Curious that it was mentioned in Game Day thread but I have seen nothing else.

Outside of one more drive, might have had an effect.

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Hs anyone heard more about the halftime message McCarthy was said on TV to have delivered? Was that just announcer speculation or did he really call out the D?

Curious that it was mentioned in Game Day thread but I have seen nothing else.

Outside of one more drive, might have had an effect.

Don't know, but I have to believe he was ticked off at the way the D let Oakland go down the field for that TD at the end of the half. James Jones said the receivers got chewed out at halftime. Looked like the Packers were going to go into halftime up at least 11, and it ended with them up 1. He was probably pretty ticked off at everybody.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:09 PM
M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 44m44 minutes ago
McCarthy on Quarless: Veteran player. Played a lot of football for us. Good to have him back. He's been working hard. Good addition for us.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 43m43 minutes ago
On Montgomery, MM says: Every injury is different. Have "tried everything. ... Just didn't get" healthy enough.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 43m43 minutes ago
McCarthy on Ty Montgomery to IR: Just didn't get to where he needed to get to...It's unfortunate, especially the way he started the season.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 42m42 minutes ago
At center, McCarthy says offense has played well with Tretter and Linsley not "100 percent out of the woods."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 42m42 minutes ago
Bakhtiari (ankle) looked better today than he did on the plane, MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 41m41 minutes ago
On Christmas: Prep started today for AZ. Everyone will be home for the holiday "as they should be."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 41m41 minutes ago
Mike McCarthy said the decision to start Tretter over Linsley was a medical situation. Linsley is not all the way back yet.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 40m40 minutes ago
"We're in the playoffs now," MM says about looking ahead to AZ and trying to get highest seed possible. "(Arizona) is an outstanding team"

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 40m40 minutes ago
McCarthy on Arizona: This is an outstanding football team that's been playing good football all year. Tough place to play.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 40m40 minutes ago
shields remains on concussion protocol. Big week for him given Cardinals' skill people.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 39m39 minutes ago
McCarthy on Julius Peppers: The man has a unique style of leadership. Brings a lot to our football team.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 38m38 minutes ago
With special-teams improvement, MM calls this a balanced team. Special teams and defense provided field position vs. Raiders.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 33m33 minutes ago
New at #Packers Insiders Blog: McCarthy: Tretter's start was a based on medical decision http://pck.rs/1Yx9oqk

Michael Cohen Retweeted Sun Devil Football
A deep dive into the swagger of Damarious Randall. Michael Cohen added,
Sun Devil Football @FootballASU
#SunDevil4Life @RandallTime driven to be the best (Via @journalsentinel @Michael_Cohen13) http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/serious-case-of-swagger-b99636327z1-363053551.html …

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 30m30 minutes ago
"It's a very important game. There's no doubt about it."
McCarthy talks #GBvsAZ in Monday press conference: http://pckrs.com/yjmm

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 18m18 minutes ago
New from JS: McCarthy: There is no controversy at center position http://ift.tt/1Ph4nzK #Packers

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:10 PM
CAPERS PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m29 minutes ago
Capers pleased with run defense once Carr's scrambles are eliminated. Plus low completion percentage and passer rating.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
"The obvious negative" was the two-minute drill at end of first half, Capers said. Lost momentum on that TD.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
Capers calls Cardinals very efficient and balanced. A lot of skill. Got to make them work rather than giving up the big gains.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26m26 minutes ago
Capers: We've played excellent football as of late, but there's always a series or 2 that puts a blemish on it. Have to correct that in AZ.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
Capers backed off pressure because their coverage packages were working better on defense.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m25 minutes ago
Capers on the Cardinals: Veteran QB having a career year. Palmer is smart and has a lot of weapons. Vet OL, physical TEs, skilled at WR.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
"and on and on and on" Capers says about the challenge of facing Arizona's offense.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 23m23 minutes ago
Capers on Arizona: They can score points at will. It's going to be a big challenge for us, but our guys will look forward to the challenge.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
"You've got to be on technique-wise" against a guy like Cooper. Randall wasn't always "on"

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 16m16 minutes ago
Capers on #Packers defense: Now's the time you want that arrow pointing up. We've got our biggest challenge this weekend. #GBvsAZ

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:10 PM
BENNETT PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
Bennett laments consistency and poor situational football - third down, red zone. Liked the 92-yard drive. "We can get it done."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
Bennett on getting more work for Abbrederis: Just needs to make most of opportunities, like he has been. Not surprised by his success.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
OC Edgar Bennett said Jared Abbrederis is earning more opportunities based on the way he's playing. Reinforces comment from Aaron Rodgers.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
Bennett on the INT: Rodgers trying to make a play. A bad decision. But Janis needs to make a play on it.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
Bennett on Jared Abbrederis: It's no surprise to see the way he's playing on the field. That's how he practices. He's earning opportunities.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
Bennett on Quarless: Veteran, experience. "Has helped us win quite a few games around here."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
Bennett on Bulaga: He played well. Thought the pass-pro was good in general.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
Bennett on Quarless: Another veteran player. Experience has helped us win quite a few games around here. Great getting him back out there.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
"It always goes back to fundamentals," Bennett says of Adams. "We practice how we play." Got to transfer work at practice to games.

Patler
12-21-2015, 06:14 PM
So Montgomery is done. It seemed a certainty when he reaggravated it again this week after one or two practices.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:15 PM
THE ZOOKER PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
Statistically, might have been best game for special teams. But perhaps not by performance, Zook says - pointing to blocked FG.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m25 minutes ago
"You've got to beat it," Zook said he told Janis of the double- and (once) triple-teaming of him as a gunner.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
Zook on the blocked FG: That was OAK's fifth block. Good push up middle. Noted Guion had sore foot.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22m22 minutes ago
Zook on Jeff Janis at KR: We tell him on the sideline "just go." It's not always going to be clean. He can run through some arm tackles.

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
"It always goes back to fundamentals," Bennett says of Adams. "We practice how we play." Got to transfer work at practice to games.

I wonder if it occurs to Edgar that the fundamentals seemed better when he was the position coach.

Pugger
12-22-2015, 09:47 AM
So Montgomery is done. It seemed a certainty when he reaggravated it again this week after one or two practices.

Palmy over on the Packers' forum on Footballs Future said Ty has bone spurs in that ankle and it needs to be cleaned out. He's probably right. I wouldn't think a sprain would take this long to heal. This has been a bad season for ankle injuries. :sad:

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 10:01 AM
knock on wood - Janis is the only "WR" who hasn't bee hurt yet.

Don't recall about James Jones, but in any case that hoodie is slowing him down even more...

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:32 PM
knock on wood - Janis is the only "WR" who hasn't bee hurt yet.

Don't recall about James Jones, but in any case that hoodie is slowing him down even more...

The rain makes it heavier too. Needs Gore-Tex hoodie.