PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Game Discussion

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Tyrann Mathieu out for season with torn ACL. Hurt it last night on an interception where thwere was no contact. ACL's can be weird things. Just ask Jordy.

Going back to last year, Cardinals are 18-2 with Carson Palmer in the lineup.

Packers last visit to Arizona was the 51-45 playoff game. The week before Packers beat them there 33-7 with Arizona resting starters.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 02:51 PM
We need to find Kimo von Oelhoffen and get him suited up.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2015, 03:20 PM
I just don't see the Packers beating the Cards playing at the level they are.

Cheesehead Craig
12-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Thier secondary won't be as good without the Honey Badger, maybe we catch a backup safety who is terrible for game.

But this is one hell of a tough hill to climb.

mraynrand
12-21-2015, 04:01 PM
We need to find Kimo von Oelhoffen and get him suited up.

You're awful. "Carson Palmer is down and withering in pain"

pbmax
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
^ Yeah I know. I am just getting used to this defense with sputtering offense thing. I also now feel a kinship with Giants fans as well as Bears fans. This is just terrible.

Joemailman
12-21-2015, 05:48 PM
^ Yeah I know. I am just getting used to this defense with sputtering offense thing. I also now feel a kinship with Giants fans as well as Bears fans. This is just terrible.

Cheer up. Last time the Packers defense ranked higher than the Packers offense was 2010.

Patler
12-21-2015, 06:10 PM

Cheer up. Last time the Packers defense ranked higher than the Packers offense was 2010.

It also happened in 1996.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:18 PM
The upcoming game will tell us a lot about the defense.

pbmax
12-21-2015, 06:24 PM
To a degree, this captures some of Rodgers frustration and the inconsistency of the offense. ALEX is named after Alex Smith and his habit of checking down below the first down marker no matter the distance to a first down. So ALEX the ranking measures how much further PAST the first down line the QB throws the ball. Rodgers is usually one of the League leaders with the bombs in short yardage situation. His success rate is normally the highest too. This year has been a catastrophe though, in both short AND (to a lesser degree) long yardage. Which typifies this offense, its inability to sustain a drive or find receivers the QB is capable of connecting with. He is best with the medium stuff this year.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 18m18 minutes ago
Week 15 ALEX update. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/alex/2015/alex-week-15-ben-roethlisbergers-risk-taking …

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWycj9JWoAU3tN_.jpg:large

gbgary
12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
ari lost their best db for the season today...acl.

hoosier
12-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Mathieu isn't their best db. It's a loss, yes, but not their best.

red
12-21-2015, 10:13 PM
This is a game we should lose with the way we've been playing

So I totally expect a packer blow out, just to confuse us even more

yetisnowman
12-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Mathieu isn't their best db. It's a loss, yes, but not their best.
While Peterson is an elite cover corner.,honey badger was the heartbeat of that defense. By far their most versatile player .Best is subjective, but you could argue he is their most important player on defense.

Bretsky
12-21-2015, 11:10 PM
This game either renews our hope of gashes it completely.

Three hours after game time most of the state will either be walking on water or hopelessly looking toward the draft if we get manhandled.

channtheman
12-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Considering how this team has responded to playing top competition on the road, I fully expect us to get completely manhandled and lose this one in a blowout. We might make it close a la the Carolina game at the end when the Cards rest their starters and look forward to their bye week, but I doubt it.

Carolina_Packer
12-21-2015, 11:44 PM
I realize that it was a Thursday night game, but the Vikings on the heels of getting drubbed by the Sea Chicks went to AZ and gave them a close game. If their coach didn't mis-handle the last possession, they may have even tied it up and possibly won. The Thursday night games usually favor the home team on a short week's rest, especially a team like AZ in that spot. We gotta get the run game going consistently and Abby needs to get more touches. I'd be happy for Adams to come out of his funk, especially going into the playoffs. It would make for a nice story, in an otherwise forgettable year for him. He still has time to make an impact. The kid is in his own head and just needs to ball like he's capable of doing and forget what has happened up to this point.

Q being activated should help as he's been held out even after being ready by Thanksgiving. I'm sure they wanted to give Ty every chance of getting back, but he could not. I hope Q can bring a needed wrinkle to the offense.

wist43
12-21-2015, 11:48 PM
We could very well get blown out - we're simply not in the same league as the Cardinals.

TravisWilliams23
12-22-2015, 06:01 AM
This game will show where the team really is now. There won't be any sugar coating an outright whooping. MM shouldn't have to play mind games to get the team pumped up for this matchup. I'm reminded of the last super bowl they played Pitts and Kevin Greene said the now famous line to Clay just before the key forced fumble: "IT IS TIME". Either your a contender or pretender. Sunday will reveal what they are.

Carolina_Packer
12-22-2015, 06:36 AM
There's enough talent on the team. If the narrative changes from dropped passes, fumbles, short-yardage and 3rd down woes to simply doing your job, being assignment-sure, winning one on ones, then good things will happen for this team. Now is the time for the leadership on this team to step up, and help get the performance from the talent.

Maxie the Taxi
12-22-2015, 07:57 AM
Unless the Cardinals have some key injuries, I don't see how the Packers avoid a drubbing. Their top four receivers are better and faster than our number one receiver. All their TE's are better than our best. David Johnson has become a beast, both running and receiving. Carson Palmer is playing as good or better than any QB in the league. Dom better come into the game with a plan to get to Palmer, because there's no way our rooks can stay with the Cardinal receivers if Palmer has time to throw.

If that's not enough, the Cards have one of the best defenses in the league against the run. So Arod will have to beat them (or at least stay with them) with his arm. This year that's asking a lot.

Our guys have their work cut out for them.

Teamcheez1
12-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Quarless activated. Montgomery to IR.

Pugger
12-22-2015, 10:09 AM
The upcoming game will tell us a lot about the defense.

This upcoming game will tell us a lot about the entire team.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Unless the Cardinals have some key injuries, I don't see how the Packers avoid a drubbing.

Phewy! Those fellows put their pants on one leg at a time, the same as everyone else.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Francis_Schmidt.jpg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schmidt)

Schmidt's most notable contribution to popular culture came in his first year at Ohio State. The Columbus press asked Schmidt about the team's chances of beating rival Michigan. Schmidt replied, "Those fellows put their pants on one leg at a time, the same as everyone else." This phrase had previously been a Texas regionalism, but because of the press attention given to Schmidt, it soon became an internationally known cliché. Ohio State beat Michigan the first four years Schmidt coached there. Since that time, any Ohio State player that defeats Michigan is awarded a "Gold Pants Charm", a gold lapel pin shaped like football pants.

Maxie the Taxi
12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Phewy! Those fellows put their pants on one leg at a time, the same as everyone else.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Francis_Schmidt.jpg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schmidt)

How did you get a hold of my eighth grade graduation picture? You been talking to my wife?

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 10:24 AM
How did you get a hold of my eighth grade graduation picture? You been talking to my wife?

Yes, you were a very handsome 22-year-old, not surprised your wife fell for you.

Tony Oday
12-22-2015, 11:41 AM
I think the Packers crush the birds. We will put constant pressure on Palmer who can move like Payton in the pocket. Their "vaunted" defense almost lost to freaking the Vikes!

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Schmidt's most notable contribution to popular culture came in his first year at Ohio State. The Columbus press asked Schmidt about the team's chances of beating rival Michigan. Schmidt replied, "Those fellows put their pants on one leg at a time, the same as everyone else." This phrase had previously been a Texas regionalism, but because of the press attention given to Schmidt, it soon became an internationally known cliché. Ohio State beat Michigan the first four years Schmidt coached there. Since that time, any Ohio State player that defeats Michigan is awarded a "Gold Pants Charm", a gold lapel pin shaped like football pants.

That makes sense, given that a lot of Ohio State guys have a hard time keeping their pants on in the first place.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 12:28 PM
I think the Packers crush the birds. We will put constant pressure on Palmer who can move like Payton in the pocket. Their "vaunted" defense almost lost to freaking the Vikes!

I wonder about this. Capers is all pleased with his coverage lately so that he's backed off on bringing extra pressure. I suspect that the Packers will die a death of a thousand cuts on defense, but this method might result in fewer points if the offense can possess the ball. Defensively, the key will be to force FG attempts. Offensively, no frickin' 3 and outs.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 12:31 PM
To a degree, this captures some of Rodgers frustration and the inconsistency of the offense....

It's bad when statistically, Rodgers is worse than Manziel. But I know guys on here would never just quote or rely on stats without looking at the games themselves. #woodsontackles

Patler
12-22-2015, 12:38 PM
It's bad when statistically, Rodgers is worse than Manziel. But I know guys on here would never just quote or rely on stats without looking at the games themselves. #woodsontackles

Well, you can't complete a pass, gain passing yards, complete a TD pass or have an interception without throwing the ball; and you can't get a tackle by running away from the ball carriers.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 01:52 PM
you can't get a tackle by running away from the ball carriers.

Strawman - you can get credit for steering them out of bounds, 'gang' tackling, grabbing by the jersey, or tapping them when they fall.

Freak Out
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
lol

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:35 PM
That makes sense, given that a lot of Ohio State guys have a hard time keeping their pants on in the first place.

Their wallets are very heavy.

gbgary
12-23-2015, 07:00 AM
the o will have to show up for at least 3 qtrs of the game...not the 1 qtr or half they've been showing up for. a little bump and run would be nice but i know that won't happen...more Rodgers under center too...oh, and actually snap the ball on those loud hard counts designed to draw people off but doesn't work of late (that'll make it more believable).

smuggler
12-23-2015, 07:33 AM
I'd like to get pumped and be optimistic about this game, but I don't think we are pumping well enough on offense. Losing a slot cornerback is not going to stop the Cardinals defense, no matter how good he was.

Patler
12-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Strawman - you can get credit for steering them out of bounds, 'gang' tackling, grabbing by the jersey, or tapping them when they fall.

and how are any of those things attempts to run away from tackles? You seemed to suggest that Woodson had become Tramon Williams-like, a guy who at times would not even make an effort to tackle. I have not seen that, nor did I see it last Sunday. He still plays a reasonable physical game, even if it is less so than when he was younger, but we saw evidence of that even in his last couple seasons in GB. Players get older and adapt both to diminishing skills and the effects of accumulated physical stress.

Woodson still throws his body around and plays aggressively, such as the hit on Starks.

Maxie the Taxi
12-23-2015, 09:06 AM
The more I think about it, our best chance to win this game might be to get Lacy and Starks untracked like we did against Dallas. That means Stubby has to stay committed to the rush and the short passing game (screens and checkoffs) successful rushing opens up.

Arizona's defense is similar to Dallas. They've got speed and quickness, but lack some size. If we run right at 'em, not only might we keep the ball moving, but we'll keep Arizona's offense off the field. I think they lead the league in time of possession; a good Packer running game will cut into that pattern.

But Arod and Stubby will have to resist going for the home run on 3rd and 2, especially in the first half. If Palmer has less time with the ball and our defense can bend but not break, we might be able to force a low scoring game and have a chance to win.

Of course, that means Masthay and Crosby will play a big part as well. Let's hope our new LSnapper doesn't screw the pooch.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 09:47 AM
The only chance the Packers have is not the short passing game, its pass protection and Rodgers getting to escape the pocket with time to throw to make Cobb a threat. Then the offense will be OK, especially if they are running well to help keep the pass rush at bay.

Cardinals, unlike Dallas, have the talent to play press man and will make the short passing game a non-entity. Rodgers is going to need time.

Maxie the Taxi
12-23-2015, 10:05 AM
So, pb, you agree in general with a rush-heavy strategy?

Also, won't screens and checkoffs help Rodgers gain time? I don't understand how press man coverage negates screens and checkoffs.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 12:51 PM
So, pb, you agree in general with a rush-heavy strategy?

Also, won't screens and checkoffs help Rodgers gain time? I don't understand how press man coverage negates screens and checkoffs.

It would help, though I am never in favor of running just to run and gain 1 yard unless its a time clock situation.

However, the Cardinals D is 7th against the run and 8th against the pass. So having some success running and getting to do play action would help a great deal. With Quarless back, they get a blocker who can help.

Press coverage makes short routes harder and messes up timing unless you get off the line clean. The Packers have trouble with that, so press works against them in two ways.

With time, press coverage will fail and be beaten. Intermediate routes also give receivers a chance to setup and beat the DB. But the QB needs protection for those.

Which brings us back to pass pro and running the ball and play action.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m12 minutes ago
Bakhtiari, Shields not practicing. Elliott, Daniels and Guion didn't either but did conditioning work #Packers

Would kind of like to see Shields practice.

pittstang5
12-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m12 minutes ago
Bakhtiari, Shields not practicing. Elliott, Daniels and Guion didn't either but did conditioning work #Packers

Would kind of like to see Shields practice.

With Shields, they have a slim chance of winning. No Shields - no win. Those receivers are gonna toast Randall and Rollins.

pbmax
12-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 23m23 minutes ago
McCarthy: Happy holidays & Merry Christmas to everyone.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
Bakhtiari and Shields' status will be determined on Saturday when the #Packers practice in Scottsdale, Ariz., MM says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22m22 minutes ago
McCarthy on Cardinals: They do a very good job taking the ball away. That's the thing that jumps out on video. #GBvsAZ

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 22m22 minutes ago
MM calls Matthieu a fun player to watch. The challenge is figuring out how they'll adjust to his loss.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 21m21 minutes ago
MM on third-and-1: We need to do a better job on third downs. But I'm not scratching my head. Wrote about that here: http://es.pn/1mArXhu

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
McCarthy on LS Rick Lovato: This is what he's done for a long time. Everybody has felt very comfortable with his snaps.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
"It's a big dose of positive reality," MM says when asked if Christmas is a distraction.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 18m18 minutes ago
McCarthy on Christmas: I think it's a big dose of positive reality...Everybody's going to be with their families tonight & tomorrow.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 19m19 minutes ago
McCarthy on taking Christmas off: "We've all been burning midnight oil to make sure we get our work done before we get out of here tonight."

pbmax
12-24-2015, 10:18 AM
From Demovsky, a tidbit on drops that indicates that Rodgers' struggles probably are affecting his receivers just like the reverse: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26375/packers-receiver-davante-adams-insists-lack-of-confidence-not-the-issue

Nevertheless, Adams has more than doubled his dropped-pass total from last season, and he still has two games to go. When Adams dropped what would’ve been a 14-yard touchdown in the third quarter Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, it marked his ninth drop of the season in just 11 games, according to ProFootballFocus.com (Note: ESPN Stats & Information has charged Adams with only five drops this season, including the one against the Raiders). He dropped only four all of his rookie 2014 season, according to PFF and ESPN.

So ESPN has five drops this year with two games to play, versus four last year. Now of course he doesn't provide rates because that would be much too helpful. But PFF has him with double that number the year essentially. I suspect most of that difference is related to the number of targets this year versus last, but some of that (and this is why ESPN and PFF disagree) is Rodgers' targeting. Which is being affected by receivers not being where he expected them and pass pressure.

A pretty vicious cycle.

Fritz
12-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Right now I wonder if MM puts all his cards on the table to beat the Cards and try to get closer to getting a bye, or does he play them close to the vest knowing he might see them again?

I suppose he has to decide this for the next two games.

SkinBasket
12-24-2015, 08:11 PM
Right now I wonder if MM puts all his cards on the table to beat the Cards and try to get closer to getting a bye, or does he play them close to the vest knowing he might see them again?

I suppose he has to decide this for the next two games.

What is there to hide at this point? The Packers are a team struggling to find a way to react to defenses in an effort to score, much less win, not a team dictating play. They certainly aren't good enough right now to pretend they have anything to hold back that's going to be of use in the event they play the same team again.

pbmax
12-24-2015, 10:43 PM
What is there to hide at this point? The Packers are a team struggling to find a way to react to defenses in an effort to score, much less win, not a team dictating play. They certainly aren't good enough right now to pretend they have anything to hold back that's going to be of use in the event they play the same team again.

They might have room to sandbag depending on the Vikings. The Division and 3rd seed might not be up for grabs depending on results and tiebreakers.

wist43
12-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Arians is smart enough to spread the field and run at our nickel. Their OL is very good, and David Johnson is a beast (BTW, thanks for letting me pick him up in the PR fantasy league - I was last on the waiver wire).

The flip side of that coin is that dunderdummy is dumb enough to try and stop their run with just the nickel; and even if he does go to a 3-4, we don't have enough talent to stop them consistently in that alignment. I think the best option would be a gap-disciplined 3-3 and play a lot of zone.

That said, we're not built that way... styles make fights - this fight doesn't fit our style at all. It looks like a mismatch on paper - but that's why they play the games.

Harlan Huckleby
12-25-2015, 02:33 AM
What is there to hide at this point?

LOL. Yes, we done outta secret weapons. I think everybody knows Starks is a screen guy. The receivers are well scouted.

Wait - unleash Quarless!

Guiness
12-25-2015, 03:47 PM
This game does in theory have playoff implications, but how much so in reality? I guess few things could shift around yet, if GB wins tomorrow, Seattle could knock them off next week vaulting GB up a spot. Hmmm, does GB go for broke or play vanilla? Hard to forget that 2009 week 17 game, looking back sure feels like a round of rope-a-dope.

woodbuck27
12-25-2015, 04:21 PM
The LINE is Packers + 4.5 right now.

Evidently the loss of Honey Badger has made Vegas a tad nervous.

pbmax
12-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 4h4 hours ago
No Packers practice today but 2 items of note on injury report: Jayrone Elliott (quad) out for Sunday & Sam Shields (concussion) doubtful

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
#Packers list CB Sam Shields (concussion) as doubtful for #Cardinals game. Bakhtiari, Guion and Perillo are questionable.

mraynrand
12-25-2015, 08:51 PM
The LINE is Packers + 4.5 right now.

Evidently the loss of Honey Badger has made Vegas a tad nervous.

that's absurd. I don't even believe that the Packers are favored. If so, it has nothing to do with team performance, but a lot of delusional Packer fans betting on the game.

denverYooper
12-25-2015, 09:33 PM
IANAG, but doesn't that mean that the Packers are 4.5 point underdogs?

Cheesehead Craig
12-25-2015, 09:54 PM
IANAG, but doesn't that mean that the Packers are 4.5 point underdogs?

Correct, the Pack are 4.5 pt dogs right now.

yetisnowman
12-25-2015, 11:06 PM
that's absurd. I don't even believe that the Packers are favored. If so, it has nothing to do with team performance, but a lot of delusional Packer fans betting on the game.

+4.5 means 4.5 point underdogs. Not much of a gambler I take it?
Anyway, teams like Packers, Cowboys, Steelers often get weird lines because of the way their fan bases bet. Remember sports betting lines are not what Vegas thinks the result but what Vegas thinks people think the result will be. Based on some weird lines already this year. (Packers-3 at Carolina as one example) the Packers certainly have an active betting fan base that errs on the homer side often.

woodbuck27
12-26-2015, 06:07 AM
This happened in Green Bay Packer Land with, it seems to me.....** little fanfare **:

FACT: The Green Bay Packers clinched a playoff spot for the seventh consecutive season.

FACT: That's the longest streak in franchise history.

FACT: QB Aaron Rodgers has made the playoffs in seven of his eight seasons as starter.

** Correction:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u7zIm83XdBI/VJxLLYSQuyI/AAAAAAAAGxs/PYqqb9r4vaE/s1600/MathieuBeaulieu_ToysFanfare.gif

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Pugger
12-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Man, I hope Sam isn't out as long as Abby was with his concussion...

woodbuck27
12-26-2015, 06:43 AM
o

Are you suddenly in your OLDER AGE.....Math challenged? Do you still feel worthy of your Educational status?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6959582-3x2-340x227.png

Maybe your self neglect has left destroyed or impaired brain cells ......your synapses crackling like Saskatchewan Pond Ice after a first frost?

W E..... R E A L L Y..... C A R E.....:

We're your friendly team of RE-Ed Experts AND SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU.

Y E S !

We're here to add to your life with any course upgrade YOU DO REQUIRE. We're Home Education Improvements and here to address your educational reality issues with our fully guaranteed to PLEASE ... Everything You Didn't Know and MATH Upgrading Program.

YES .....taking our stay at home and learn ** almost anything ** program. WILL ... CHANGE... YOUR... LIFE.

Afterall FOLKS....... MATH is all around you. Here's PROOF !

Look to your right >>> MATH !

OK..... wasn't that revealing !? Wasn't that fun? Here's some more........

Quickly <<< LOOK TO YOUR LEFT.

See Uhhh !? <<< SURE YOU DID .............MATH. MATH surrounds US. It's everywhere we look. We make learning MATH easy and fun. Give 'US' a try. YOU... won't be disappointed.

Making bets using the Vegas analysis. Don't allow all those Vegas Bookie Terms to escape you anymore. You'll never ask again....What's that mean...........ie .. 'the Line'? You'll learn that a PLUS LINE for your team isn't a good thing. That a plus line means that team is considered 'the DOG'. If that team is playing on the road. ...and has a PLUS NUMBER LINE...that team is referred to as 'a Road Dog'. Know your stuff !

You'll move to the top of the heap and still ....

LOSE YOUR $$$$ MONEY $$$$

Maybe some season you might have confidence and enter the Packerrats Pro Pickem' competition. That experience will make you a more complete NFL fan. You'll feel the pulse of the NFL and be more on top of it all. The Pro Pickem' is a lovely activity that demands that you pay attention to everything NFL. SOON YOU'LL BE JUST AS NFL SMART AS THE SO TERMED . . . . EXPERTS

** We maintain that we're not miracle Workers and..... well .....you know.....some people.

ThunderDan
12-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Glad to see you at least waited to Dec 26th to start the knife fight again.

pittstang5
12-26-2015, 09:05 AM
No Shields = No Bueno

This game is gonna be brutal.

Palmer, already looking like an MVP, and those receivers are gonna have a blast picking apart the rookie corners. If you really think the Packers have a chance, damn, pass that shit you're smoking.

woodbuck27
12-26-2015, 09:48 AM

Jeeeesssh Hahahaa ! ** Is that directed at me?

In any case THANKS for chirpin' in ThunderDan.

and....** if so ** ...are you so serious you cannot see the Canadian humour in that post.

Take a trip to the Maritimes of Canada sometime and grow some skin sonny. :-)

mraynrand
12-26-2015, 11:28 AM

Nah. I'm just reminding people of a well-known phenomena. Packer fans routinely and robustly bet on their team, pushing the odds in one direction. Sometimes it's just delusional/wishful thinking. I always hope the hopeful Packers fans are right... :)

Fritz
12-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Jeeeesssh Hahahaa ! ** Is that directed at me?

In any case THANKS for chirpin' in ThunderDan.

and....** if so ** ...are you so serious you cannot see the Canadian humour in that post.

Take a trip to the Maritimes of Canada sometime and grow some skin sonny. :-)

Woody, I thought that was directed at Wist, not you.

And while I don't think the Packers can dictate anything, they can hide certain things are play more vanilla. Same next week. Seems like the most likely scenario is the Packers having to play Minny in the first round of the playoffs, then probably Azirona.

So if you're Mikey Mike and you remember 2009, you might want to hide any tricks you've got up your sleeve, and play vanilla.

Or not.

pbmax
12-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Its not really McCarthy's style. I think he goes all out unless the 16th game makes no difference, then the game plan might be different.

pbmax
12-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Time to start drinking red...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXK7iJnWMAAENDD.jpg:large

pittstang5
12-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Shields is officially out, Bach and Perillo are now doubtful, so they're not playing. Quarless is, imo, a lock to play now.

Ugh, forget about winning, Let's just focus on getting back to Greenbay without more injuries

Guiness
12-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Shields is officially out, Bach and Perillo are now doubtful, so they're not playing. Quarless is, imo, a lock to play now.

Ugh, forget about winning, Let's just focus on getting back to Greenbay without more injuries

Perillo? I haven't been paying much attention, but this is the first I've seen that. What's the injury?

pbmax
12-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Perillo listed as Packers Hammy. This is Friday's report, so its not as up to date as previous post.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXGbf6gU0AAKFRH.png:large

pbmax
12-26-2015, 03:53 PM
I can now confirm Pittstang, from the Packers.com website.

Injury updates on Bakhtiari, Perillo, Shields

Packers T David Bakhtiari (ankle) has been downgraded to DOUBTFUL. TE Justin Perillo (hamstring) and CB Sam Shields (concussion) have been ruled OUT for tomorrow’s game against the Cardinals.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-downgrade-three-players-for-Cardinals-game/003cd59f-25fa-469d-a187-698d87822cf5#ixzz3vSyEjmq7

Freak Out
12-26-2015, 03:58 PM

Glad I have Sunday Ticket on Fire TV. Fucking Seahawks....

Guiness
12-26-2015, 04:18 PM
With Bakh ruled out, who gets the start at LT? The put in Barclay last game, but do they have other options with a week to prepare? Maybe Bulaga? Lindsay back at Center, and Tretter moving outside?

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Damn. I hate when a new page starts off with something so titillating. Makes me want to read the old thread and see what this is about. But I'm not quite curious enough - I almost care.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2015, 04:29 PM
With Bakh ruled out, who gets the start at LT? The put in Barclay last game, but do they have other options with a week to prepare? Maybe Bulaga? Lindsay back at Center, and Tretter moving outside?

They-ve been all-in on Barclay this year, no reason to expect change now. It has worked out better than I thought it would, but he's not a great backup.

Pugger
12-26-2015, 06:39 PM
I too hope we get out of this game without any more serious injuries. I also hope we aren't embarrassed.

red
12-26-2015, 07:53 PM

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teamcheez1
12-27-2015, 08:34 AM
I'm going to say this is the first game this season where I have gone into the game expecting to lose. I at least thought we had a fighter's chance against Denver and Carolina.