PDA

View Full Version : "Abby has his chance to shine"

Bretsky
12-21-2015, 11:08 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jared-abbrederisgrabbing-a-chance-to-shine-b99636484z1-363101611.html

There is plenty of room on the Abby train for those who want to board it with me

Carolina_Packer
12-21-2015, 11:22 PM
I hope he can find a way to stay on the field. He always had a knack for getting open, and the Packers need some man beaters at WR.

Freak Out
12-21-2015, 11:59 PM
All aboard! I'm with Bretsky....we got nothing else anyway. ��

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Given his 40% probability rate for an injury every time he's tackled, the Pack has to use him sparingly.

Striker
12-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Hopefully the Abby train has more success than the Janis train.

Pugger
12-22-2015, 09:32 AM

Right now Abby has 8 receptions while Janis has only 2.

Striker
12-22-2015, 09:42 AM

True.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 09:47 AM
we're just gonna have to sweat it out, wait and see...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/Ted%20Striker.jpg

Patler
12-22-2015, 10:24 AM

But the Janis train is loaded with special teams contributions and a couple long PIs that he drew.

RashanGary
12-22-2015, 10:33 AM
The last 7-8 years, this Rodgers lead offense has made better use of heady, instinctive, consistent types than it has super-athletes. Jennings, Nelson and Cobb are guys 12 can rely on to run the right route. They've been the guys to produce. Nelson is fast. Jennings and Cobb are quick. But it's their reliability that I think makes AR so willing to throw to them.

Abby has that quality. AR seems to like throwing to him. He could be a little spark for us down the stretch if he's a guy AR is willing to throw the ball down the field to a little more regularly.

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2015, 10:49 AM
The thing that Abby had in college and seems to in the pros is that he runs great routes and has an ability to get open. I don't care if he can stretch the field or not. Open receivers are a scarce breed in GB now, so if he can do that, the offense will start looking better.

red
12-22-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm on. I just have to keep holding my breath every time he gets hit

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-22-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm all in, always liked Abby at Wisconsin. I'm just hoping the light bulb goes off for Janis too as that would be a good upcoming wide receiver crop for the Packers.

King Friday
12-22-2015, 06:12 PM
JA is a good, smart player that probably could have had a modest career as a #3WR without the head voodoo. He's just too damn small and already damaged goods when it comes to getting his bell rung. He ain't going to be long for this league...but I think he can offer something the rest of this year.

Bretsky
12-22-2015, 11:13 PM
VERY solid route runner,which is way more than players who are seeing more time than him can say. Rodgers, twice now, has noted they need to get him on the field more (once before the last injury though and then again).

I do fear his career does not last long....who was that Colt WR...Austin Collie.....

But as long as he's hear and can stay healthy he can run very solid routes, get open, and catch the ball. How many WR's do we have that can do those 3 things right now ? One just went on IR

If he stays healthy for a while the train will fill fast IMO

Carolina_Packer
12-23-2015, 06:42 AM
The last 7-8 years, this Rodgers lead offense has made better use of heady, instinctive, consistent types than it has super-athletes. Jennings, Nelson and Cobb are guys 12 can rely on to run the right route. They've been the guys to produce. Nelson is fast. Jennings and Cobb are quick. But it's their reliability that I think makes AR so willing to throw to them.

Abby has that quality. AR seems to like throwing to him. He could be a little spark for us down the stretch if he's a guy AR is willing to throw the ball down the field to a little more regularly.

He's the player I keep coming back to in my mind as being able to provide that spark. If you heard A-Rod's post game presser last week, you know he likes Abby's ability. I also think that Quarless could provide a spark, and another target. He's not wow, but he can be a solid contributor in the passing game. The wild card is Adams. Abby might not just be a spark, it may be what jump starts the engine and helps open up opportunities. He could become the 3rd down threat we've been lacking. Just stay heathy JA. It's your time.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Just treat him like Brian Brennan or Don Beebe. Put him in for third down or must have completions (need 5 yards for FG attempt, etc.) He'll be fine.

And no, this is not a generalized comment about white WRs :lol:

Pugger
12-23-2015, 09:26 AM
With his knack for getting open he'd be a good possession receiver.