PDA

View Full Version : Packers Starting Center of future

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Tretter may get stouter. Corey Linsley will never be more athletic.

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Don't care if I am wrong about Tretter. Because watching Linsley bench press D Tackles into the ground is fun as well.

smuggler
12-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Good dilemma to suffer. They're both good players. Tretter probably has a higher ceiling, Linsley has been very dependable for us.

Maxie the Taxi
12-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Teach one of them to play tackle.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 04:24 PM
This season: Rank 1) play the healthiest guy 2) play the guy who works best with the rest of the line. Next year and beyond: Training camp battle, best man wins. Tretter still backs up rest of line - if he starts, and injury comes up, double switch. Optimal: Linsley wins starting job, Tretter backs up the inside three positions and Packers draft two tackles (Clifton and Tauscher) in May.

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Teach one of them to play tackle.

Tretter already does. Campen told me Tretter would back up the entire line (but really only the guard and center positions).

Joemailman
12-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Tretter. Tretter has a chance to another Mike Flanagan. Linsley has a chance to be another Scott Wells.

Bossman641
12-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Tretter, he gets to the second level nicely.

Good problem to have

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2015, 10:49 PM
It reminds me of the Bowman/Curry era as Packer Center. I think ultimately Linsley will end up as the starting Center with Tretter starting elsewhere in the O Line and being the primary back up Center in case of injury. I have a pretty low opinion of the Packer O Line in general, but these two have been bright spots - sometimes anyway.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Tretter. Tretter has a chance to another Mike Flanagan. Linsley has a chance to be another Scott Wells.

I agree with your comparisons.

Tretter & Linsley are both starting centers. No way does either play another position where they are below average players. One of them will move on to new team.

Bretsky
12-22-2015, 11:34 PM
I like Linsley cause I pegged him out of the draft as being our steal and I like being right (because it's a rarity)

He's an ex primetime wrestler like Tim Krumrie. Those guys are tough maulers. I dig him.

Rutnstrut
12-22-2015, 11:40 PM
Linsley, because he's better;)

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2015, 12:20 AM
He's an ex primetime wrestler like Tim Krumrie.

I beat Tim Krumrie in high school wrestling. Yes, this is a little like covering Darrin Charles, or whatever Al Bundy story that was.

Rutnstrut
12-23-2015, 01:25 AM
I beat Tim Krumrie in high school wrestling. Yes, this is a little like covering Darrin Charles, or whatever Al Bundy story that was.

You must live or did live in the same area I do.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2015, 01:38 AM
You must live or did live in the same area I do.

I went to Hudson High, where Deputy Nutz also cut a wide swath. I'm spacing out where Krumeri went to school - was that Mondovi?

mraynrand
12-23-2015, 05:09 AM
I went to Hudson High, where Deputy Nutz also cut a wide swath. I'm spacing out where Krumeri went to school - was that Mondovi?

yup.

Shittin' Bricks?

http://packerrats.com/image.php?u=5&dateline=1450836386

That's Davenportin'!

Rutnstrut
12-23-2015, 11:49 AM

Yup He was from Mondovi. I am from Ellsworth graduated in 90. My uncle said Krumeri originally broke the leg he broke in the SB in HS playing Ellsworth.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Yup He was from Mondovi. I am from Ellsworth graduated in 90. My uncle said Krumeri originally broke the leg he broke in the SB in HS playing Ellsworth.
Now wait a minute - are you gonna claim your uncle broke Krumeri's leg in a football game? This bragging in spiraling out of control.

Ellsworth was a terror in wrestling, probably still is. THey punch way above their weight class - all those farm-strong kids. I want to meet whoever that Mrs. Langer is who gave birth to all those championship wrestlers.

Rutnstrut
12-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Now wait a minute - are you gonna claim your uncle broke Krumeri's leg in a football game? This bragging in spiraling out of control.

Ellsworth was a terror in wrestling, probably still is. THey punch way above their weight class - all those farm-strong kids. I want to meet whoever that Mrs. Langer is who gave birth to all those championship wrestlers.

Nope, the Unk was just on that team. Krumeri broke it in a game against Ellsworth. I always remember that because when we were watching that SB and krumeri's leg flopped around, my uncle said that's the one he broke against us in HS.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Linsley. He's already athletic enough and stout enough. Tretter has work to get to Linsley's level--although I wouldn't be surprised if Linsley moves over to OG after Sitton and/or Lang leaves.

LEWCWA
12-25-2015, 04:55 PM

I don't think anybody beat Krumrie in wrestling...I believe he beat Ed Senn in the state finals and both went into the match undefeated.....

Harlan Huckleby
12-25-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't think anybody beat Krumrie in wrestling...I believe he beat Ed Senn in the state finals and both went into the match undefeated.....
I wrestled him in a JV match. I was a senior returning from knee surgery suffered in first day of football practice. I was trying to get back in shape wrestling JV. Krumeri was a freshman or sophomore and nothing special.

All of my stories look a little tarnished when you scrape a little. They are more gold-plated than solid gold.

Did I tell you I was recruited to play football by Otto Graham? Another dubious but sorta true claim.

Harlan Huckleby
12-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Oh ya, Krumrie only won one state title, so he lost matches, probably lots of them because he didn't start out as any kind of stud.

woodbuck27
12-26-2015, 09:18 AM
I wrestled him in a JV match. I was a senior returning from knee surgery suffered in first day of football practice. I was trying to get back in shape wrestling JV. Krumeri was a freshman or sophomore and nothing special.

All of my stories look a little tarnished when you scrape a little. They are more gold-plated than solid gold.

Did I tell you I was recruited to play football by Otto Graham? Another dubious but sorta true claim.

Otto Everett Graham, Jr. Otto Everett Graham, Jr.

1921-2003 . . . . . . BIOGRAPHY:

http://www.ottograham.net/bio.html

woodbuck27
12-26-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm going with the man from Ohio State.

There's not much difference in their size. JC Tretter weighs a tad more (307 lbs Vs 301 and he's 6' - 4 " or 1 inch taller than Corey Linsley.

PACKERS !

Rutnstrut
12-26-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm going with the man from Ohio State.

There's not much difference in their size. JC Tretter weighs a tad more (307 lbs Vs 301 and he's 6' - 4 " or 1 inch taller than Corey Linsley.

PACKERS !

Linsley is much stronger than Tretter and imo more tenacious which is a good trait in a lineman.

smuggler
12-27-2015, 04:38 AM
Linsley is stronger. Tretter is lighter on his feet and faster.