PDA

View Full Version : Well NOW who is the Backup Backup Center?

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 58s58 seconds ago
Initial tests showed #Packers long-snapper Brett Goode tore his ACL during Sunday's win in Oakland. Wanted to play through it

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
A knee for Goode. No mention that he had been hurt until now.

Twitter reverse chronology is making it hard to determine if they feared ACL but its not or if it IS an ACL.

pbmax
12-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 7m7 minutes ago
Packers announce they've put long snapper Brett Goode on IR & signed Rick Lovato to replace him. Lovato is rookie from Old Dominion

Old Dominion? They are still in business? Ted's analytics people must be very convincing because they were mostly known as a basketball school.

The good news is that he used to be with the Bears, which means he is destined for a long and productive career elsewhere.

The bad news is that it IS a torn ACL. Ted's gonna get a fine for holding that past the Tuesday workouts.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 03:57 PM
I felt a twinge of pain when it happened.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Old Dominion? They are still in business? Ted's analytics people must be very convincing because they were mostly known as a basketball school.

Wrestling school. Virginia is becoming a wrestling state.

pbmax
12-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
According to Goode's agent Kevin Gold, Goode tore his ACL in the first quarter and finished the game. He'll have surgery to repair it.

Can we get this man an honorary Fuckdoggle?

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Domo arigato misuta Lovato

mraynrand
12-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
According to Goode's agent Kevin Gold, Goode tore his ACL in the first quarter and finished the game. He'll have surgery to repair it.

Can we get this man an honorary Fuckdoggle?

nope. But if he played the rest of the game, why can't he finish the season?

Joemailman
12-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 7m7 minutes ago
Packers announce they've put long snapper Brett Goode on IR & signed Rick Lovato to replace him. Lovato is rookie from Old Dominion

The good news is that he used to be with the Bears, which means he is destined for a long and productive career elsewhere.

The bad news is that it IS a torn ACL. Ted's gonna get a fine for holding that past the Tuesday workouts.

The Packers just signed him to get some inside information on the Bears special teams playbook.

Fosco33
12-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Shitty timing for Goode. He's UFA next yr. gotta think Ted may not risk not having ls ready for camp.

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2015, 10:17 PM
If Lovato can cause a fumble next game, he'll be legendary Fuckdoggle

gbgary
12-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Domo arigato misuta Lovato

not bad.

Patler
12-23-2015, 09:01 AM
nope. But if he played the rest of the game, why can't he finish the season?

I wondered that too. I know a hockey goalie who played an entire season with a torn ACL. His surgeon said he wouldn't let him if he played anything but goalie due to the twisting motions, but he said he knew of a number of goalies who finished seasons after tearing their ACLs.

If he was a REAL offensive lineman, he probably couldn't play, but he's not. ;-)
Put a brace on it, snap the ball and walk off the field.

Patler
12-23-2015, 09:10 AM
On the negative side for Lovato, he spent training camp with the Bears, yet a few weeks ago when the Bears changed longsnappers they didn't bring Lovato back, but signed another guy off the street instead. They preferred someone they didn't know over Lovato, whom they did know.

Patler
12-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Shitty timing for Goode. He's UFA next yr. gotta think Ted may not risk not having ls ready for camp.

Ya, it's doubtful anyone will sign Goode until he is over his rehab. and that might not be until after the 2016 season starts. He might be out of football next season..

pbmax
12-23-2015, 09:52 AM
I wondered that too. I know a hockey goalie who played an entire season with a torn ACL. His surgeon said he wouldn't let him if he played anything but goalie due to the twisting motions, but he said he knew of a number of goalies who finished seasons after tearing their ACLs.

If he was a REAL offensive lineman, he probably couldn't play, but he's not. ;-)
Put a brace on it, snap the ball and walk off the field.

He may be third or fourth on the team in ST tackles. He needs to be running down the field.

Patler
12-23-2015, 11:22 AM
He may be third or fourth on the team in ST tackles. He needs to be running down the field.

Not for Goode, but for an ideal snapper, I know. I was mostly kidding and wrote what I did because of our thread a couple weeks ago about the snapper as a center. For Goode, it's not much of an issue; he doesn't do much on coverage anyway. He goes year after year without a tackle or assist, but that isn't really why he is hired anyway.