PDA

View Full Version : ELITE NFC TEAMS .............WHO ARE THEY RIGHT NOW......?????

Bretsky
12-22-2015, 11:19 PM
I think we may have 2....maybe........grimacing as I say this......3 teams better than New England.

That's not to say NE can't win the Super Bowl. Given one game to win, Hoody Genius is probably the best coach in any sport to find a way.

So who do you categorize as Elite, if any ?

Captain Obvious notes Carolina
Arizona..........the way they look you gotta probably add them

AND.............say it ain't so...........

But The Russell Wilson led Seattle Seahawks, IMO, deserves to be noted as the #3 team to fear in the NFC.....borderline.....right now........to elite if not elite.

THOUGHTS ????

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2015, 11:23 PM
A drunk monkey could figure out the three NFC elite teams, and you just proved it.

Only kidding, I know you are an upstanding UW-Madison graduate.

Bretsky
12-22-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm not drunk although I'd like to be.

I think I'm going to get pushback on Seattle. There are some diehards from the past that diminish how good Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks really are and have been.

Bretsky
12-22-2015, 11:31 PM
and as to the fourth best,there might not be one. Maybe GB gets it together and we have 4 NFC contenders.....hell....when we were 6-0 w/o Jordy we all thought we were SB bound.

But if GB does not show good vs Arizona we'll view them as pretenders. You may be able to throw the rest in a laundry basket in a college dorm and let Najeh Davenort crap on them cause that's how the playoffs will probably go for them.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2015, 12:16 AM
and as to the fourth best,there might not be one.

I agree. Until the Packers play a solid game, they are more like their NFC-North competition than a SB team. Two games left to prove they are something.

smuggler
12-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Yeah. Seattle, Arizona, Carolina. In that order, too.

mraynrand
12-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Elitists!

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Call me a homer, but I'm picking the Packers this week against Arizona and in the NFC finals against Carolina - unless Seattle knocks off the Panthers first.

smuggler
12-23-2015, 05:49 AM
You're a homer.

woodbuck27
12-23-2015, 06:12 AM
I think we may have 2....maybe........grimacing as I say this......3 teams better than New England.

That's not to say NE can't win the Super Bowl. Given one game to win, Hoody Genius is probably the best coach in any sport to find a way.

So who do you categorize as Elite, if any ?

Captain Obvious notes Carolina
Arizona..........the way they look you gotta probably add them

AND.............say it ain't so...........

But The Russell Wilson led Seattle Seahawks, IMO, deserves to be noted as the #3 team to fear in the NFC.....borderline.....right now........to elite if not elite.

THOUGHTS ????

As usual 'B' ............

YOUR BANG ON. The three BEST NFL teams are all in the NFC.

Last I checked the Green Bay packers were ranked just ahead of what.......KC and in the sixth slot.

On a good day the Packers might handle Denver and Pittsburg. Pittsburg is looking really good now in the AFC.

Pat fans need to be concerned. Well they signed the once GREAT Steven Jackson at RB but the Pats need to protect Tom Brady as a first concern. The heat is getting on him and he needs to remain standing. ...or the Pat's aren't nearly the same

Russel Wilson.....sweet...and the Seahawks are building just as any team must to peak and win then Prize.

The Packers.....I don't like what I see one little bit. It's always to me the same.

The anti........ Hoody Genius way. #$@&%^%$# ?? .....TT .....#$@&%^%$# ?? Go.....Man !

PLEASE do something ...do all you can. For 'f's' sake TT get busy. This isn't a run down 'Three Ring Circus'.

GO ....Yawwwwwn ...... OK .....shakin' myself.......GO PACK GO !

Pugger
12-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Yeah. Seattle, Arizona, Carolina. In that order, too.

I think both AZ and Carolina are better than Seattle so I'd switch that order.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Wilson isn't a reason to dismiss the Seahawks, he is having his best season. Certainly best 2nd half of a season.

Their defense has suddenly sprung leaks and they lose a RB a week. And their weak schedule. Basically they suck except for Wilson, Lockett and Baldwin.

yetisnowman
12-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Wilson isn't a reason to dismiss the Seahawks, he is having his best season. Certainly best 2nd half of a season.

Their defense has suddenly sprung leaks and they lose a RB a week. And their weak schedule. Basically they suck except for Wilson, Lockett and Baldwin.

Yeah and their 5 pro bowl defenders. You are right they basically suck.

Rutnstrut
12-23-2015, 01:48 PM

Don't forget though, Lynch could be back for post season and he would be fresh.

pbmax
12-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Yeah and their 5 pro bowl defenders. You are right they basically suck.

Pro Bowl is a year behind always. Their defense has not been the same this year. Even after Chancellor returned.

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Pro Bowl is a year behind always. Their defense has not been the same this year. Even after Chancellor returned.
Other than the Pitts game, they've been dominant the last 5 weeks. They may not be last year's version, but they are pretty darn close right now.

denverYooper
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Other than the Pitts game, they've been dominant the last 5 weeks. They may not be last year's version, but they are pretty darn close right now.

Dominant against weaker offenses.

Over the last 6, they've surrendered (offense ppg ranking in parens)
39 to the Cards (2)
13 to the 49ers (32)
30 to the Steelers (4)
7 to the Vikings (21)
6 to the Ravens (22)
13 to the Browns (29)

When in their prime, they used to shut down even very highly ranked offenses. They are nowhere near that.

So do they struggle with elite QBs just like Dom?

yetisnowman
12-23-2015, 08:33 PM

A year behind...well they also got two receivers selected, one a rookie, and the other a guy who had three TDs all last season so I'm not sure I agree. They still rank 2nd in scoring defense, and 2nd in yds/game. Which is pretty amazing considering after the first 6 games or so the narrative was , "what happened to Seattle's defense?"There is a big leap between taking a step back and sucking. And this team is rounding into shape at the right time, and at this point in the NFC I would rather play anyone but Seattle come playoff time.

channtheman
12-23-2015, 11:36 PM
I actually think Carolina are pretenders. I expect them to lose their first home playoff game.

ThunderDan
12-24-2015, 08:55 AM
I actually think Carolina are pretenders. I expect them to lose their first home playoff game.

I feel the same way. I have seen almost all of the top teams and they all have major flaws. I really don't feel like there is an elite NFC team right now.

channtheman
12-24-2015, 11:44 AM
I feel the same way. I have seen almost all of the top teams and they all have major flaws. I really don't feel like there is an elite NFC team right now.
Yeah, it really leaves the door wide open for any team to make a run. Let's hope it's us!

Maxie the Taxi
12-24-2015, 12:20 PM

Wow. I'd be curious to know specifically where you think they're vulnerable. They strike me as a pretty solid team.

pbmax
12-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Wow. I'd be curious to know specifically where you think they're vulnerable. They strike me as a pretty solid team.

They were just talking about this on ESPN. Its mainly injury, depleted WR corps, age (Stewart) and a Defense that is not playing as well as they have in the past.

There is also just the lack of history of success with that team with these players and coaches. Mike Shula has been bounced from better gigs as has Ron Rivera when he was a DC. There was a point recently that he was coaching for his job, prior to the Riverboat Ron resurgence.

pbmax
12-24-2015, 02:11 PM
A year behind...well they also got two receivers selected, one a rookie, and the other a guy who had three TDs all last season so I'm not sure I agree. They still rank 2nd in scoring defense, and 2nd in yds/game. Which is pretty amazing considering after the first 6 games or so the narrative was , "what happened to Seattle's defense?"There is a big leap between taking a step back and sucking. And this team is rounding into shape at the right time, and at this point in the NFC I would rather play anyone but Seattle come playoff time.

They have won 7 of 8. Here are the opponents:

SEAHAWKS 20 49ERS 3
SEAHAWKS 13 COWBOYS 12
CARDINALS 39 SEAHAWKS 32
49ERS 13 SEAHAWKS 29
STEELERS 30 SEAHAWKS 39
SEAHAWKS 38 VIKINGS 7
SEAHAWKS 35 RAVENS 6
BROWNS 13 SEAHAWKS 30

That's 2-1 versus playoff teams (Vikes-Cards-Steelers) and 5-0 versus non-playoff teams. They are playing better than the Packers, there is no doubt about that. But I don't find the results frightening. Their most impressive win is versus the Steelers, who have half a team.

Fritz
12-24-2015, 03:20 PM

SEAHAWKS 20 49ERS 3
SEAHAWKS 13 COWBOYS 12
CARDINALS 39 SEAHAWKS 32
49ERS 13 SEAHAWKS 29
STEELERS 30 SEAHAWKS 39
SEAHAWKS 38 VIKINGS 7
SEAHAWKS 35 RAVENS 6
BROWNS 13 SEAHAWKS 30

That's 2-1 versus playoff teams (Vikes-Cards-Steelers) and 5-0 versus non-playoff teams. They are playing better than the Packers, there is no doubt about that. But I don't find the results frightening. Their most impressive win is versus the Steelers, who have half a team.

Which half?

Merry Christmas, Rats!!

Bretsky
12-27-2015, 08:29 PM
and as to the fourth best,there might not be one. Maybe GB gets it together and we have 4 NFC contenders.....hell....when we were 6-0 w/o Jordy we all thought we were SB bound.

But if GB does not show good vs Arizona we'll view them as pretenders. You may be able to throw the rest in a laundry basket in a college dorm and let Najeh Davenort crap on them cause that's how the playoffs will probably go for them.

are we here ???????????????

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 08:59 PM

SEAHAWKS 20 49ERS 3
SEAHAWKS 13 COWBOYS 12
CARDINALS 39 SEAHAWKS 32
49ERS 13 SEAHAWKS 29
STEELERS 30 SEAHAWKS 39
SEAHAWKS 38 VIKINGS 7
SEAHAWKS 35 RAVENS 6
BROWNS 13 SEAHAWKS 30

Also 0-2 vs the Rams.

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
BTW, the Seahawks of the elite defense gave up 39 points to the Cards. Green Bay's non elite defense only gave up 24...

pbmax
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
I am of the opinion that the entire NFC is made up of frauds.

But I would still take a SB berth because I don't believe in the Patriots or Chiefs either. The Steelers looked most frightening and they just rolled over for the Ravens.

channtheman
12-27-2015, 10:18 PM
It really is a crap shoot. Who can get hot and win 4-5 in a row? Picking blindly out of a hat is probably as accurate as the experts picks.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 09:43 AM

HOLY SWEET JESUS.

How do you feel after the thrashing the Card's gave the Packers yesterday ThunderDan? How well do you wiggle?

The Arizona Cardinals are certainly and at this present time in the NFL...... a dominant and an ELITE NFC team.

Have you in your young life come to terms with learn the meaning of this?

Laying an egg...

When you post 'YOU'. Can you back up 'you'?

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Yeah, it really leaves the door wide open for any team to make a run. Let's hope it's us!

I wish we all are getting at least to ....right there.

Having HOPE !

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!