PDA

View Full Version : Bears cut P.J. Pope

pack4to84
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
P.J. Pope RB
Packers got to sign this kid he look good in every game for Bears this preseason.

No Mo Moss
09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
What does he play?

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I think the Pack are gonna stick with the same guys in the backfield, for now.

BallHawk
09-02-2006, 07:21 PM
What does he play?

RB.

test
09-02-2006, 07:24 PM
he kicked ass his second from last year in college but seemed to fade from then on.

swede
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
It's always nice to pick up a newly cut player from a team you're about to play. Pick his brain. Get a heads up on the top secret trick play. Heh heh.

(Early in the Bart Starr coaching era Zeke Bratkowski was signing like a third base coach to get plays to the quarterback. As the story goes, a member of the Bears coaching staff, who had been let go by the Packers and nursing a grudge, was assigned the task of deciphering the wig-wagging.

The Bears spent the afternoon in the Packer's backfield and hung 60 points on Zeke and his wig-wagging.)

We've got room on the roster for a one week running back with a head full of Bear plays, don't we?

OKC PackerFan
09-02-2006, 11:04 PM
It's always nice to pick up a newly cut player from a team you're about to play. Pick his brain. Get a heads up on the top secret trick play. Heh heh.

(Early in the Bart Starr coaching era Zeke Bratkowski was signing like a third base coach to get plays to the quarterback. As the story goes, a member of the Bears coaching staff, who had been let go by the Packers and nursing a grudge, was assigned the task of deciphering the wig-wagging.

The Bears spent the afternoon in the Packer's backfield and hung 60 points on Zeke and his wig-wagging.)

We've got room on the roster for a one week running back with a head full of Bear plays, don't we?

Yes we do, sign him now TT. :mrgreen:

Joemailman
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
As A Faithful Catholic, I think it would be great to have Pope on our side. Not sure if the league will approve the uniform though.

http://i.gleeson.us/b2/0504/benedict_xvi.jpg

Let's replace DaPoop with Da Pope!

digitaldean
09-03-2006, 01:31 PM
PJ Pope was added to the Bears practice squad.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

pack4to84
09-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Well I was hoping the Pack would pick him up.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
They still could if they were willing to put him on the active roster.

Fritz
09-03-2006, 03:07 PM
As A Faithful Catholic, I think it would be great to have Pope on our side. Not sure if the league will approve the uniform though.

http://i.gleeson.us/b2/0504/benedict_xvi.jpg

Let's replace DaPoop with Da Pope!

This is hilarious, Joe. I'm with you all the way. But what number do you give the Pope? Is he #2 after God, #3 after God and Jesus? But what if he's #4 after God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost? Then what?

Sign the Pope! Let him smite the Bears!

Dabaddestbear
09-03-2006, 03:44 PM
I am glad we put him on the practice squad cuz he was looking pretty good in practice and preseason.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I am glad we put him on the practice squad cuz he was looking pretty good in practice and preseason.

Actually, anyone can sign him off that practice squad....

Fritz
09-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Your pic of AJ Hawk is pretty hilarious, actually.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 04:28 PM

He stole it off profootballtalk.com.

Dabaddestbear
09-04-2006, 03:40 AM

He stole it off profootballtalk.com.
No actually I got it from a friend on the official bears website.
Stop snitchin. :twisted:

Dabaddestbear
09-04-2006, 03:42 AM

Actually, anyone can sign him off that practice squad....
Yes, but that means they would have to make room for him on their roster and cut some one. The Packers will not do that for another question mark at RB when they already have 3.