PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning, Julius Peppers and HGH Ring; Bonus CMIII

pbmax
12-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Deadspin: http://deadspin.com/report-documentary-links-peyton-manning-to-human-growt-1749811728
via: Huffington Post: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/peyton-manning-human-growth-hormone_567f16e4e4b0b958f6599440?ncid=tweetlnkushp mg00000067
via: Al-Jazeera report airing Sunday Night

Clay Matthews implicated for acquiring Percocet and inquiring about Toradol.

Keep in mind this is one guy's sales pitch to a British hurdler (Liam Collins) who went undercover, so it might be one very large boast.

The report airs on Al-Jazeera Sunday night, and features a former pharmacist at the Guyer Clinic. That pharmacist, named Charlie Sly, says the clinic mailed HGH and other drugs to Peyton Manning’s wife, Ashley—to keep the five-time MVP’s name from being attached to them, according to The Huffington Post.

Manning’s agent did not deny growth hormones were shipped to Ashley Manning to Al-Jazeera, stating it was an issue of medical privacy but that the pharmacist Charlie Sly’s claims were “outrageous and wrong.”

Sly also named Ryan Howard, James Harrison, Julius Peppers, Ryan Zimmerman, and Mike Tyson as athletes to whom he supplied drugs, according to The Huffington Post.

Sly says that he provided Clay Matthews, Green Bay’s Pro Bowl linebacker, with the prescription painkiller Percocet to help him deal with pain before at least one game. He also brags in one undercover video that Matthews texted him in an attempt to obtain Toradol, a powerful painkiller that is banned in many countries but not in the United States.

pbmax
12-26-2015, 09:10 PM
The place is an anti-aging clinic based in Indianapolis. Manning allegations date back to 2011 during his year off from neck injury/surgery/recovery.

This would have been a time after HGH was banned in the NFL but the policy and punishments had not been agreed to with the union.

http://www.guyerinstitute.com/

Rastak
12-26-2015, 09:15 PM
While not exactly as far out as Ontario Smith's fake dick or Davenport pooping in baskets, this could be an interesting media hunt!

pbmax
12-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Well, the more I read the worse this is getting (this quote from Huffington Post):

The report does not link Manning to Delta-2, but Sly and Robertson name multiple football players as customers, including Green Bay Packers linebacker Mike Neal. Neal, Sly says, connected him with multiple teammates, including defensive end Julius Peppers. Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison is another NFL player he has supplied, Sly says.

Neal went to Purdue. I am not up on my Indiana geography, but I bet Purdue is closer to Indianapolis than Green Bay, Charlotte or Chicago.

red
12-26-2015, 09:52 PM
doesn't look good for us

Rutnstrut
12-26-2015, 09:52 PM
I would question the validity of any source that calls Toradol a powerful painkiller. Toradol is an anti-inflammatory. It is commonly used in injections for players with injuries, but not a painkiller. There are benefits to having a wife that works in the pharmaceutical industry;)

Rastak
12-26-2015, 09:56 PM
I would question the validity of any source that calls Toradol a powerful painkiller. Toradol is an anti-inflammatory. It is commonly used in injections for players with injuries, but not a painkiller. There are benefits to having a wife that works in the pharmaceutical industry;)

Very safe drug......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/13/toradol-waiver-sends-players-to-wikipedia-for-more-info/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketorolac

"Concerns over the high incidence of reported side effects with ketorolac trometamol has led to its withdrawal (apart from the ophthalmic formulation) in several countries, while in others its permitted dosage and maximum duration of treatment have been reduced. From 1990 to 1993, 97 reactions with a fatal outcome were reported worldwide."

Rastak
12-26-2015, 10:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/26/peyton-manning-calls-report-of-2011-hgh-use-complete-garbage/

pbmax
12-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Toradol, a brand name for ketorolac, is among a family of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Doctors put it in the same class as ibuprofen (like Advil) and Aleve. But unlike those drugs, Toradol can be injected, as well as taken orally, and can act more quickly. It is most commonly used in emergency rooms and post-operation wards to help patients manage short-term inflammation and pain, but athletes are turning to it to deal with inflammation and pain.

I would refer to Advil and Aleve as painkillers, even if they act on the body in a way that is anti-inflammatory. Of all the questionable things in this report, identifying Toradol as a pain killer isn't misleading.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/sports/wide-use-of-painkiller-toradol-before-games-raises-concerns.html

pbmax
12-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Given how this went down in baseball with the anti-aging clinic in Florida (Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun), I suspect there is enough of a paper trail to make trouble for the players involved. If the Feds get involved (and they likely would if they were shipping to other states), it could get ugly.

Rastak
12-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Given how this went down in baseball with the anti-aging clinic in Florida (Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun), I suspect there is enough of a paper trail to make trouble for the players involved. If the Feds get involved (and they likely would if they were shipping to other states), it could get ugly.

It's possible PB.....only thing is what the fuck is Al Jezeera USA being the cutting edge Watergate style investigation?

I suppose others now start to dig in and then the real dirt comes out possibly.

pbmax
12-26-2015, 10:52 PM
^ They do some solid reporting and have broken other news stories. Their coverage has won Emmys for news I believe and I think a Peabody. But I do not watch much cable TV and have never watched it except for clips online.

Rastak
12-26-2015, 10:54 PM
^ They do some solid reporting and have broken other news stories. Their coverage has won Emmys for news I believe and I think a Peabody. But I do not watch much cable TV and have never watched it except for clips online.

Did not know that.

Guiness
12-27-2015, 12:43 AM
Did not know that.

Without straying too far towards FYI...I'd prefer Al-Jazeera America as a news source than Fox, or, say, CNN in a lot of instances! But then, we're all a bunch of liberal hack moonbats up here :-)

Patler
12-27-2015, 05:41 AM
Julius Peppers was suspended for four games as a rookie, for what he said was an inadvertent mistake with a "dietary supplement".

It will be interesting if he happens to decide to retire after the season.
Same for Manning.

red
12-27-2015, 08:07 AM

toradol sucks

i was given an injection of it to get rid of a headache i had for over a month. i was told it would get rid of the thing in minutes

it didn't touch it

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 08:09 AM
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 2h2 hours ago
Peyton Manning added Ari Fleischer to his PR team to fight the HGH allegations.
Oh boy.

red
12-27-2015, 08:13 AM
i find it odd that within a couple hours of the story coming out, manning had hired one of the best PR people in the world and already had a complete excuse worked out

almost like they had a plan in place

peyton also says he WAS a client at the clinic, and went there after hours, but not for anything illegal :roll:

where theres smoke, theres a giant fire brewing

we've all suspected it with clay, and so have suspected it with neal, and it would explain some peppers freakishness

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
Peyton Manning spokesman Ari Fleischer told me Manning has never used HGH, never failed any league drug tests & this won't affect his status

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m11 minutes ago
Manning spokesman did say Peyton's wife was a patient at this anti-aging clinic in question. She had a prescription, wouldn't say for what

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 08:18 AM
i find it odd that within a couple hours of the story coming out, manning had hired one of the best PR people in the world and already had a complete excuse worked out

almost like they had a plan in place

peyton also says he WAS a client at the clinic, and went there after hours, but not for anything illegal :roll:

where theres smoke, theres a giant fire brewing

we've all suspected it with clay, and so have suspected it with neal, and it would explain some peppers freakishness

The Manning facet of the story is burying the other players. Although if this gets sussed out as legitimate, I'm sure lesser names will get suspended as well.

As far as Clay... he "only" requested painkillers, though that could easily just be a test buy.

Maxie the Taxi
12-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Neal just hired Brent Farve as his spokesman on the matter.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Ari Fleischer! This is going to go as bad as Rogers Clemens deal. I wonder if he has also lawyered up. Maybe Rusty Harden again?

So Brett will have the better retirement between the two as well. Who would have thought?

pbmax
12-27-2015, 08:56 AM
toradol sucks

i was given an injection of it to get rid of a headache i had for over a month. i was told it would get rid of the thing in minutes

it didn't touch it

Weird. Worked for someone I know who had a severe migraine going for a week. No neck problems though.

Tony Oday
12-27-2015, 10:17 AM
This isn't even a news story. No performance enhancing drugs to CMIII.

esoxx
12-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Well, this may help explain Manning's freakishly large forehead.

mraynrand
12-27-2015, 11:12 AM
OMG, Matthews wanted to acquire an NSAID!!! Alert Homeland Security. Call up the NSA phone calls. Roll Bandages.

mraynrand
12-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Well, this may help explain Manning's freakishly large forehead.

Yes my forehead's very large (sung to Nationwide)

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 11:36 AM
toradol sucks

it didn't touch it

I have a torn up neck, discs and joints. As a result of this I get chronic migraines that start in the neck and work up. When they get unbearable, which is about 6-8 times a year I go into our local ER. I refuse to take narcotics of any kind for any injury short of severely broken bones. They use a combo of Toradol, Benadryl, and something for the nauseousness that I can't remember. They push these through an IV and it's the only thing that touches the neck pain/headache. The Ketorolac (Toradol) in pill form does little or nothing for these ailments. Toradol is NOT a pain killer.

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 11:40 AM
OMG, Matthews wanted to acquire an NSAID!!! Alert Homeland Security. Call up the NSA phone calls. Roll Bandages.

Exactly. Not a big freaking deal. Which if this source has any validity in the pharmaceutical industry he wouldn't even be trying to implicate Clay as trying to get "pain killers".

Guiness
12-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes my forehead's very large (sung to Nationwide)

:-)

red
12-27-2015, 12:20 PM
remember back in 2012 when mike neal was suspended 4 games for PED's?

where theres smoke theres fire

i agree the clay thing doesn't seem like a huge deal, but the idea that "other teamates of neal" also went to see the guy is a bit alarming

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 12:29 PM
USC's doping program is way ahead of Purdue's.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 12:39 PM
USC's doping program is way ahead of Purdue's.

No truer statement has ever been uttered.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 12:42 PM
I have a torn up neck, discs and joints. As a result of this I get chronic migraines that start in the neck and work up. When they get unbearable, which is about 6-8 times a year I go into our local ER. I refuse to take narcotics of any kind for any injury short of severely broken bones. They use a combo of Toradol, Benadryl, and something for the nauseousness that I can't remember. They push these through an IV and it's the only thing that touches the neck pain/headache. The Ketorolac (Toradol) in pill form does little or nothing for these ailments. Toradol is NOT a pain killer.

I am confused. If you do not take narcotics (for migraines) and the ER docs give you an anti-inflammatory, an anti-naseua and Benadryl ( to help you relax? sleep?), which medication do you think is lessening the pain of the migraine?

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 02:04 PM
I am confused. If you do not take narcotics (for migraines) and the ER docs give you an anti-inflammatory, an anti-naseua and Benadryl ( to help you relax? sleep?), which medication do you think is lessening the pain of the migraine?

Actually the Benadryl does a lot, it's a wonder drug. But the Toradol loosens up things in my neck which helps the headache. My headaches always start with my daily neck pain being worse than it normally is and works up to my head. The Toradol in shot/liquid form seems to work very well, where the pills I have do little but do help if I catch it in time. The thing is as a normal guy I don't like to slow down unless I absolutely have to. So when I have a bad one coming on, I usually try to push through it if I have things to get done, which there always is.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Well, the NFL put in a big review to study the use (or abuse) of Toradol as a pain reliever*. And almost every anti-inflammatory I know of is used as pain relief. Including a lot of cortisone shots in the NFL to reduce pain in injuries (by reducing inflammation).

* Feds were involved at one point asking for team records. Saints were in trouble I believe.

MadtownPacker
12-27-2015, 03:44 PM
I don't get why anyone cares what players do when it comes to medicating. I say let them use whatever doesn't make them faster or stronger. They get paid more than enough for me to not care about their brains or body. Who cares if they need to numb themselves.

red
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I don't get why anyone cares what players do when it comes to medicating. I say let them use whatever doesn't make them faster or stronger. They get paid more than enough for me to not care about their brains or body. Who cares if they need to numb themselves.

if they allowed every player to do it, then i would agree with you

but as of now, its not fair to the few dozen guys in the league who are trying to do things the right way

MadtownPacker
12-27-2015, 03:50 PM
That's what I'm saying. Let them all. Worry about the things that enhance only.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m8 minutes ago
Clay Matthews on report linking him to painkillers: "I think it's bull----." Said he's never taken pain medication outside team #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
Matthews of man claiming to have sold painkillers: "I don't know who the guy is. I don't know what he looks like. I haven't talked to him."

Matthews: "I work hard on my reputation. For seven years, I've worked my ass off. For this guy to say that kind of thing, it's not true."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 21s21 seconds ago
Matthews: "The truth will come out and I am not worried about it because I carry myself a certain way and that is the right way."

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 37s38 seconds ago
Asked Matthews if he's ever taken painkillers outside of team: Absolutely not. Every medication I have is prescribed from our team physician

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 07:24 PM
if they allowed every player to do it, then i would agree with you

but as of now, its not fair to the few dozen guys in the league who are trying to do things the right way

Just like the guys who come in last at the Tour de France.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 19s20 seconds ago
#Packers OLB Julius Peppers on also being accused: "It is not true and completely erroneous and irresponsible journalism in my opinion."

Mike Neal on the Al Jazeera accusations: "I'm sure you saw how pissed off Peyton Manning was about someone coming out with stuff like this..

pbmax
01-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Well, a few threads pulled together to give a sports trainer linked to specific athletes in the report a substantial business tie to the pharmacist who was supposed to have supplied the PEDs.

The trainer link doesn't exonerate anyone but it pulls Ryan Howard, Zimmerman and Mike Neal closer to the business partners.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/sports/baseball/al-jazeera-peyton-manning-derek-jeter-charles-sly.html?smid=tw-share

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 11:39 PM
NYT, Al Jazeera, who can tell the difference?

Speaking of telling the difference...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX5AaObWcAQZB5b.jpg

Carolina_Packer
01-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Either his cranium has grown or his hairline has receded. I like the mini-mullet look. I saw him play twice against Vandy, my Father-in-Law's alma mater. He was good, but not surgical like he became.

hoosier
01-06-2016, 07:47 AM
NYT, Al Jazeera, who can tell the difference?

Speaking of telling the difference...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX5AaObWcAQZB5b.jpg

Manning in 2035: http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4326919.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Talosian.jpg

woodbuck27
01-06-2016, 08:00 AM
doesn't look good for us

http://www.calbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/bill-clinton-denial.jpg

" I did NOT...... ........ take........ fill in the blank !