PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers Cardinals Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:09 PM
70's and 80's packers era?

Or the Paul McDonald Browns. Or Belichick era Browns. Or Lindy Infante Packers. Brutal games that just get teams overwhelmed.

Its like being a Cubs fan in those circumstances. Lot more time on your hands and less stress.

mraynrand
Stubby is an idiot for allowing Rodgers to play as late as he did.

Joemailman
I'd rather see hundley than tolzien. Is he active?

Not likely.

Anybody got Arizona D in FF?

pbmax
This is typical. Every year we lose the game after Christmas, and every year I have to bare being with Eagles fans. Last year was a fluke...we played Detroit and actually won. At leaSt this year I got to remind everyone who is in the playoffs and who isnt. Fuck this team. I'm drunk!

Tell the Eagles fans Chip is coming back baby!!

beveaux1
Why would you challenge that. We're punting from the 1/2 yard line.

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 06:10 PM
God I hate barclay

Maxie the Taxi
If I were bare with a bunch of Eagles fans, I'd get drunk too.

pbmax
Terrible call. It was a safety.

mraynrand
I'd rather see hundley than tolzien. Is he active?

Me too. He hasn't been active lately.

Rastak
What a dumb fucking call.......oh man, I love the NFL but what the hell.....

mraynrand
12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Terrible call. It was a safety.

They mark forward progress at time of contact but the ball has to be completely out of the endzone

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Fucking chumps Seattle and Carolina...one time I want them to win they wiff......back to your regularly scheduled program......

Jeff Fisher has some weird trance hold on the Seachickens. Must be a USC pecking order or something. Jeff is an alum.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:12 PM
They mark forward progress at time of contact but the ball has to be completely out of the endzone

It just seems so picayune. It literally flashed out of the end zone.

In some universes, it was always in the end zone.

beveaux1
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
I didn't think Seattle was the best team in the NFC. They just haven't really had much competition in the past few weeks.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
The two tackles and Rodgers not running on that third down INT were the keys to this game

Which one was that? The end zone one?

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Not likely.

Anybody got Arizona D in FF?

I do, 33.00 points so far. I guess there is an upside, but I would rather the Packers win.

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Not with this crew. Every year....EVERY YEAR, its, "We're going to the Superbowl!"

red
12-27-2015, 06:17 PM
The two tackles and Rodgers not running on that third down INT were the keys to this game

the key to this game was the fact that the same horseshit packers team we've seen most of this year came out of the locker room and did the same shit they've been doing all year

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Lori Nickel ‏@LoriNickel 22m22 minutes ago
Packers blog http://goo.gl/PfxlqY via @TomSilverstein: Lang asked Rodgers "Why did you throw the ball?" Must have changed play at line

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Tell the Eagles fans Chip is coming back baby!!

Ha...they want him back. SUCKERS

red
12-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Lori Nickel ‏@LoriNickel 22m22 minutes ago
Packers blog http://goo.gl/PfxlqY via @TomSilverstein: Lang asked Rodgers "Why did you throw the ball?" Must have changed play at line

good to see the no huddle isn't causing any confusion

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Ha...they want him back. SUCKERS

Be careful. Might be a cult. :lol:

Rastak
12-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, regardless of what the Vikings do tonight, next week is for the NFC North title.

yetisnowman
12-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Half the teams n the League would take Rodgers terrible games at QB. Your bad QB meter is out of adjustment.

I prescribe watching the Cowboys or Texans.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Quit deifying this guy. His terrible games are terrible by any standards. underthrowing, overthrowing, holding the ball too long, red zone ints.
Look at his stat line, nobody in the NFL would take that bullshit performance. I'm starting to think you are slightly delusional.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Who's gonna do the Studs And Duds Thread?

pbmax
In a feat of irony, wist is in a bad position in FF because he has Palmer and Johnson in this game and the blowout has them on the bench.

So you Chevy Silverado Schadenfreude irony award is that the Packers' terrible effort is actually hurting wist this week. :D

beveaux1
We gave up 21 points on turnovers. Either trying too hard or getting crushed on the OL. Really bad game.

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Which play is that in relation to?...the Lang comment

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:29 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Quit deifying this guy. His terrible games are terrible by any standards. underthrowing, overthrowing, holding the ball too long, red zone ints.
Look at his stat line, nobody in the NFL would take that bullshit performance. I'm starting to think you are slightly delusional.

This terrible performance with the promise of much better versus other comparable terrible performances with barely a hint of getting better. Its no contest.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 06:29 PM

I think it was after the pass in the end zone that went through Adams' hands.

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 06:30 PM

It was a bad game but he never had a chance. Do you watch other games? I rarely see the entire pocket collapse play after play after play like I did just now. Piss poor blocking and nobody getting open, it's pretty simple

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Adams non catch when open in end zone. Right through his hands.

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm drunk. Who said Adams should be benched? I haven't seen any of the game but that statement is soooooo true.

beveaux1
12-27-2015, 06:32 PM

He was sacked 8 times and hit 14 more times. Contrary to popular opinion, the QB has to have a little help in order to put up numbers. We saw a pretty marked improvement when Tolzien came in.

Joemailman
It was a bad game but he never had a chance. Do you watch other games? I rarely see the entire pocket collapse play after play after play like I did just now. Piss poor blocking and nobody getting open, it's pretty simple

This was the worst OL play I've seen in a long time. It got a little better when they moved Tretter to RT, but still bad.

pittstang5
One and done. I hate this team. Fite everyone

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Fire everyone.

Teamcheez1
12-27-2015, 06:34 PM
He was sacked 8 times and hit 14 more times. Contrary to popular opinion, the QB has to have a little help in order to put up numbers. We saw a pretty marked improvement when Tolzien came in.

When the dam broke and Barclay and Walker couldn't block anyone, I will give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt.

However, the whole first half was a disaster on Rodgers part even if the blocking was sub-par.

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Olivia Munn is to blame...before her Rogers was good. Fuckin....ah fuck...who broke up the Beatles?

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Yoko ono. Fuckin bitch

yetisnowman
12-27-2015, 06:45 PM

I watch plenty of other games. Too many probably. The O-line is banged up and not playing well, which is a known fact. All the more reason to not hold onto the ball long. on a few of the sacks he had an avenue to run, and he had checkdowns open. Our offense sucks and its not all his fault by any means. But the dude's accuracy and decision making has been atrocious this year. Basically at least once a game he has a guy break free for what be a huge completion or td and he under/overthrows it. The redzone pick last week was moronic, the one this week was absolutely crushing. 10-14 point swing. Lets not forget the TWO fumble recoveries for tds. He didn't get hit as he threw or get the ball poked out, he just dropped them as he was getting wrapped up. Our team has a lot of deficiencies. Our MVP making shit throws and poor decisions every game shouldn't be one.

pittstang5
12-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Where'd everyone go? I wanna bitch some more

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 06:51 PM
It'd be great to go to a quick passing game, but the wr are getting pressed and can't create any immediate separation

yetisnowman
12-27-2015, 07:01 PM
This terrible performance with the promise of much better versus other comparable terrible performances with barely a hint of getting better. Its no contest.

OK so your point is they would take ROdgers over their qb. That's fair. Not exactly what you said, or at least what I interpreted. But you made it sound like Aaron's bad games are still better than half the leagues qb performances.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:17 PM
OK so your point is they would take ROdgers over their qb. That's fair. Not exactly what you said, or at least what I interpreted. But you made it sound like Aaron's bad games are still better than half the leagues qb performances.

Normally, I would say his bad games are better than half the League's starter's good games. But hasn't been true a couple times at least this year.

Freak Out
12-27-2015, 08:00 PM
I guess if you are going to miss a game this was the one to do it....wtf? TO city or just a complete ass wuppin?

smuggler
12-27-2015, 08:02 PM
@Freak Out: Yep.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 08:02 PM
I guess if you are going to miss a game this was the one to do it....wtf? TO city or just a complete ass wuppin?

Mostly the latter, but Rogers' INT late in 1st half was a killer. It was 10-0. Looked like they might get it to 10-7 at halftime. Instead it was 17-0.

Bretsky
12-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Kool-Aid drinker.

HOLY SHIT I WAS TOO OPTIMISTIC.

yetisnowman
12-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Mostly the latter, but Rogers' INT late in 1st half was a killer. It was 10-0. Looked like they might get it to 10-7 at halftime. Instead it was 17-0.

I'd say a red zone int and two fumble recovery tds for the Cards makes it mostly the former. 24 pts off turnovers.

ThunderDan
12-27-2015, 09:27 PM
I'd say a red zone int and two fumble recovery tds for the Cards makes it mostly the former. 24 pts off turnovers.

Yup, as shitty as the O played again in the 1st half it should have been 3-10 at half. Then with the start of the 2nd half turnovers it was 31-0 and the game was over.

call_me_ishmael
12-27-2015, 09:30 PM
I think the D played decently and pretty much held up their end of the bargain this game. I don't think Carson Palmer was full of it with his post game comments. This defense is good to very good.

mraynrand
12-27-2015, 11:17 PM
I wish they wold have taken my advice and rested everyone for three weeks to be healthy for the WC game at TCF.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Missing some key components, Packers will be behind at half as the Cardinals will have success early.

But the second half trend holds and the adjustments out of halftime work. D gets some 3 and outs, Offense manages a couple of good scoring drives. It will be close late.

After the Cardinals retake the lead late, Packers get the ball back after one botched drive (D finishes the game with a 5 and out). They go down the field in decent increments. Its up to Crosby to win by a point and earn his $4 million per year next contract.

Packers win 35-34.

I love THIS DREAMY STATE YOU GOT intn HERE pbmax.

I recommend you for:

The Packerrats 'Optimist of the Year' Award.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 08:04 AM
I love THIS DREAMY STATE YOU GOT intn HERE pbmax.

I recommend you for:

The Packerrats 'Optimist of the Year' Award.

I was on a hot streak up through half time.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Special Teams have shown up.

Well ..........they have to...to get paid.

The Packers need a lot everywhere.

The jkey to ever taking advantage of now an aging Aaron Rodgers is for TT and MM to get to REAL.

TT has to scour the earth for a fast break RB.

TT has to find more at the TE position in terms of a more solid 1-2 punch at that position. He has to ensure that his Scouting team produces the gems in a rock pile needs the team needs at say again..... the RB position.

Losing Jordy Nelson was a cruel blow to the Aaron Rodgers led 'O'. With that loss we lose the No. 2 position at WR. Cobb can be NO. 1 or 2 and NOT both.

James Jones 'welcome back' is at best a NO. 3-4 option. After that we have 'the adversity of the 'learning curve' and no real NFL ready talent. TT has to continue his evaluations of solid athletic WR candidates. He needs a Scout (s) that are special recruiters of Real NFL caliber talent......on the offensive side of the ball.

THE OL has need....THE OL NEEDS YOUR MAXIMUM Attention Packers GM Ted 'sleepy' Thompson.

THE OFFENSIVE LINE....Here's where we need the most Off Season paint. It's about Aaron Rodgers and the limited window of opportunity and his skills. I'd like to see a different face on that guy. I believe I will when he doesn't have to pick his butt up off the ground as much as we've seen this season. How many SACK's now. Isn't it approaching 40 !

Ted Thompson..... PLEASE Sir.......HELP the OL !

The focus right now is on the Green Bay Packers and finish.

This year is gone? Is that an accurate statement or feeling for us Packer fans to have?

This team cannot compete with the elite in the NFC. Is that an accurate statement?

On the basis of what I see or how I compare the Packers to teams like Carolina or Arizona...Seattle and a healthy RB position (Marshawn LYNCH).

** Except........we know that a team can defeat another 'on an any given Sunday' **. Afterall.... these are paid professionals I take confidence in this TRUTH....and I'll add this:

Look at the results off yesterday Sunday Dec, 27, 2015. The Jets over the Pats...the Ravens over the Steelers....the RAMS over the powerful at home Seahawks...the 1st LOSS of the 2015-16 Season by the Panthers falling on the road to the Atlanta falcons. If any NFL fan called that exact result prior to the end of those matchups I'd have good reason for a great belly laugh.

We may add to that strange scenario tonight on the last MNF game of this season. Cincy and a QB Rookie led team with a solid 'D' at Denver. Are the Bengals capable of defeating the Broncos in their house? Of course they are but.......will they get that done?

What do you think? I know where I stand and I'll back that up on the Pro Pickem' with my remaining CP's and selection of who'll win.

** Thus all us Packer fans have to give to the GOOD KARMA and shout out loud....................................

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO ! !