PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 16 @ Cardinals

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Gonna be a short interview Tweet burst from the Packers account. I still want to trade the playoff berth to a deserving team for a higher draft pick.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXRbrCkWQAAehj1.png:large

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Says it all about this game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXReLNRUoAASEpe.jpg:large

Synth Daddy ‏@TheMattyN 2m2 minutes ago
@packers looks like the o-line is at the podium

smuggler
12-27-2015, 06:43 PM
A look at some of the many WRs selected after Davante Adams in the 2014 draft...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16790/jarvis-landry
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16791/donte-moncrief
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16804/john-brown
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16886/martavis-bryant

pbmax
12-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy: Ugly loss to a very good football team. The most important thing is how we respond to this. Shift gears in the morning. #GBvsAZ

McCarthy: Very concerned with the QB hits. You cannot get your QB hit like that. #GBvsAZ

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 46s47 seconds ago
McCarthy: We had 4 giveaways today. That is not the way we play. #GBvsAZ

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 06:52 PM
McCarthy: Ugly loss to a very good football team. The most important thing is how we respond to this. Shift gears in the morning. #GBvsAZ

McCarthy: Very concerned with the QB hits. You cannot get your QB hit like that. #GBvsAZ

How fucking concerned about the QB hits can he really be, he left him out there with no chance to win.

Teamcheez1
12-27-2015, 06:53 PM

They will shift gears in the morning to laying out the 2016 draft board. No sense in game planning the rest of the way. Just clean up the penalties and some of the blocking assignments and the games are in the bag.

Maxie the Taxi
12-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Stubby in denial already. Yes, you can get your QB hit like that (see the film of today's game). And yes that is the way you played today.

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Barclay makes me long for the days of Marshall newhouse

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Rodgers: Over the years we've had ups & downs & galvanized over an idea. Everything is still in front of us. Have to hold serve at home.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers: They brought some good pressures...We're professionals. I can't turn the ball over that many times. We've got to protect better.

Rodgers: This is going to be a week that we can really show our resolve. Character is tested & highlighted through adversity.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s23 seconds ago
Rodgers: We feel confident we can get this thing turned around...Get some guys healthy & go on a little bit of a run.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
Rodgers: Cardinals played with a lot of energy today & we just couldn't match their energy. #GBvsAZ

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Palmer had a pretty humble postgame interview. They asked him about how well their offense was playing and he said that the defense played phenomenal and they took advantage of Green Bay being banged up.

smuggler
12-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Lucky thing Palmer didn't have his best day, or things would have really been ugly.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Palmer had a pretty humble postgame interview. They asked him about how well their offense was playing and he said that the defense played phenomenal and they took advantage of Green Bay being banged up.

He knows there's a chance these teams will play each other again in 3 weeks. No point in providing bulletin board material.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:19 PM
One day TJ will be in the booth and he won't be this honest anymore.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago Arizona, USA
T.J. Lang on #Packers offense: "Obviously today the protection was s---, the running game was s---, everything was just s---."

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 07:23 PM
One day TJ will be in the booth an he won't be this honest anymore.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago Arizona, USA
T.J. Lang on #Packers offense: "Obviously today the protection was s---, the running game was s---, everything was just s---."

Nice :).

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 07:25 PM
They should let TJ have a postgame PC.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
WR James Jones: "We’re in the playoffs, but we all understand if we play the type of football we played today we’ll be home very quickly."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3m3 minutes ago
More James Jones: "We’re kind of up and down right now where we’re good at times and sucky at times, so we’ve got to get it right."

denverYooper
12-27-2015, 07:27 PM
They should let TJ have a postgame PC.

And Mike Daniels.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
If the #Packers' game plan was to make sure they didn't show Arizona anything with a possible playoff matchup looming, they've succeeded.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
Davante Adams said he would "love" to play the Cardinals in the playoffs and have another shot. "I love playing teams like this," he said.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8m8 minutes ago
#Packers CB Demetri Goodson: "This year is not pretty, but we’re in the playoffs and anything can happen."

Rutnstrut
12-27-2015, 07:58 PM
Barclay makes me long for the days of Marshall newhouse

No you don't, I just watched him get Eli sacked.

Joemailman
12-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Packers G Josh Sitton admitted that the offense has not been pulling its weight. "I'd be pissed off at us if I was our defense," Sitton said.
1h

Bretsky
12-27-2015, 08:31 PM
A look at some of the many WRs selected after Davante Adams in the 2014 draft...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16790/jarvis-landry
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16791/donte-moncrief
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16804/john-brown
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16886/martavis-bryant

HOW ABOUT THE BEST ONE ?

Allen Robinson ???????

call_me_ishmael
12-27-2015, 08:49 PM
HOW ABOUT THE BEST ONE ?

Allen Robinson ???????

He really does look like a very good player. I hate to be that guy because the org is so poorly run, but the Jags have some pretty good talent brewing there. A couple more years of hitting on some high picks and they could be a team to reckoned with. Looks like Bortles is going to be a pretty good player.

Bossman641
12-27-2015, 08:58 PM
No you don't, I just watched him get Eli sacked.

Only one? Sounds nice

ThunderDan
12-27-2015, 09:08 PM
That was one of the ugliest games we have had this year. Almost on the same level as the Denver game.

We got beat on every level but special teams. Great fake punt. Too bad it was wasted.

I will say this, if I was allowed to do what the ARI DBs were allowed to do to the Pack WRs I could play corner in the NFL.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
Aaron Rodgers: "We just can’t get outscored by the (opposing) defense. They had two touchdowns, and we had one."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
Aaron Rodgers: "I feel like we can go on the road and win here in the playoffs. We can go on the road and win at Carolina in the playoffs. "

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 55m55 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers: "I have confidence in those guys and myself that when it matters for all of the marbles, we’re going to show up."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35m35 minutes ago
New from JS: Rodgers: "When it matters for all the marbles, we're going to show up" http://ift.tt/1PrQIrA #Packers

pbmax
12-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
If not done already, NFL pushing hard to flex next week's Minnesota at Green Bay game to Sunday night. The likely flex option.

I can't say I am happy about that.

ThunderDan
12-27-2015, 09:12 PM
If not done already, NFL pushing hard to flex next week's Minnesota at Green Bay game to Sunday night. The likely flex option.

If that happens we won't have had a noon game since early November.

pbmax
12-27-2015, 09:25 PM
If that happens we won't have had a noon game since early November.

The good news is that people will be so sick of seeing the offense play poorly, it'll be max three national games next year!

Bretsky
12-27-2015, 09:40 PM
He really does look like a very good player. I hate to be that guy because the org is so poorly run, but the Jags have some pretty good talent brewing there. A couple more years of hitting on some high picks and they could be a team to reckoned with. Looks like Bortles is going to be a pretty good player.

I wanted Allen Robinson from day 1 and thought he was going to be something special ..even though he want to Penn State.

He deserves to go to the Pro Bowl this year IMO

pbmax
12-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Jason LaCanfora's Packer Observation: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25428578/inside-football-whos-got-next-in-nfl-11-hot-coordinators-top-list

Green Bay Packers

The Packers have problems. I get Mike McCarthy downplaying everything and talking about 10 wins is nothing to scoff at. I also know this isn't the team many thought it would be or the Packers hoped they would be. The lack of production in the red zone continues to haunt them. Green Bay still seems to be more like a team that's scrounging for a decent play or two than one that is operating a master plan with each sequence linked to the next in a confounding pattern. The Packers just don't seem to trust in all that much that they do, and they're running out of time to get it fixed.

I still think its personnel first, plan second, but I do think the offense needs a re-think. The no-huddle has caused more problems than it has solved.

Pugger
12-27-2015, 09:59 PM
That was one of the ugliest games we have had this year. Almost on the same level as the Denver game.

We got beat on every level but special teams. Great fake punt. Too bad it was wasted.

I will say this, if I was allowed to do what the ARI DBs were allowed to do to the Pack WRs I could play corner in the NFL.

DBs have been doing this to our WRs all season with nary a flag to be seen.

call_me_ishmael
12-27-2015, 10:00 PM
https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/status/681315799219372032

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians tells it like it is about the #Packers receivers: "There's not much speed, and we matched up extremely well."

ThunderDan
12-27-2015, 10:01 PM

NBC just announced that they have the game next week.

At least we won't get Joe and Troy.

Pugger
12-27-2015, 10:02 PM
I hope Ted saw/heard that. We need speed all over this roster.

Rastak
12-27-2015, 10:03 PM
NBC just announced that they have the game next week.

Fuck. I hate night games.

channtheman
12-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Fuck. I hate night games.

Me too. Takes forever for it to come, and then the Packers lose in a blow out anyway. :lol:

pbmax
12-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Jeff Ash ‏@JeffAshGB 1h1 hour ago
If #Packers win NFC North, they'll host Cardinals, play at Panthers in 2016. If they're 2nd, they'll host Seahawks, play at Falcons in 2016.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 12:18 PM

Students: ....... A classic example of denial:

Packer Head Coach McCarthy and now...and ...again ...the Primary Green Bay Packers offensive play caller ( because he just had to make the change):

" We had 4 giveaways today. That is not the way we play. ".Mike McCarthy

pbmax
12-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Students: ....... A classic example of denial:

Packer Head Coach McCarthy and now...and ...again ...the Primary Green Bay Packers offensive play caller ( because he just had to make the change):

We had 4 giveaways today. That is not the way we play.

That is a classic example of not being able to read context Woody.

Over the course of his tenure, the Packers have emphasized not turning the ball over and winning the turnover battle. In his tenure I bet they are Top 3 in turnover margin. When he says "that is not the way we play" he has 10 years of work to judge his contention. Its very accurate.

In yesterday's game, they did not live up to their own standard. He acknowledged this and made the point that his team has been prepared to perform better, even if they failed in that game.

Its not hard to understand.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 12:30 PM
That is a classic example of not being able to read context Woody.

ahhh..... I'm just tweeking it a little.. PLEASE Don't take it too seriously.

It's really in focus and me just this.....

I know that TT and MM will be gone ne day. I'm a patient Packer fan.

I lived trough the 1970-80's until' the MAN' arrived.

Aaron Rodgers has made a statement that he feels confident that somehow the Packers can turn what we saw yesterday around. The thing is clearly just this:

MM has to protect Aaron Rodgers or the PACKERS can't win. I truly believe that that humiliation yesterday may be ' the wake up call '. If it wasn't ........then MM needs to find another job.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

pbmax
12-28-2015, 12:32 PM
then never mind I guess

deake
12-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Jeff Ash ‏@JeffAshGB 1h1 hour ago
If #Packers win NFC North, they'll host Cardinals, play at Panthers in 2016. If they're 2nd, they'll host Seahawks, play at Falcons in 2016.

Not sure I understand what he is saying, isn't the home field determined by the record? Won't the Cardinals have home field?

pbmax
12-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Not sure I understand what he is saying, isn't the home field determined by the record? Won't the Cardinals have home field?

Regular season next year's opponents.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Panic has set in:

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 1h1 hour ago
Team is 90% leaderless and rudderless because of Rodgers. That said, Campen is a joke, not one backup can play.

Trade Aaron, for draft picks. Maybe Houston will part with JJ, and some picks?

I would lean toward keeping Hundley and trading Rodgers

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
Green Bay gives up Aaron Rodgers
Cleveland gives up Josh Gordon - TOP 5 NFL WR talent
2016 2nd Round draft choice
2017 1st Rounder

Rastak
12-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Panic has set in:

Team is 90% leaderless and rudderless because of Rodgers. That said, Campen is a joke, not one backup can play.

Trade Aaron, for draft picks. Maybe Houston will part with JJ, and some picks?

I would lean toward keeping Hundley and trading Rodgers

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
Green Bay gives up Aaron Rodgers
Cleveland gives up Josh Gordon - TOP 5 NFL WR talent
2016 2nd Round draft choice
2017 1st Rounder

That's some pretty nutty shit there PB.....

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 09:17 PM
One guy who really enjoyed that win yesterday was Vanilla Bob

Fritz
12-29-2015, 06:11 AM
One guy who really enjoyed that win yesterday was Vanilla Bob

And wist.