PDA

View Full Version : Win or Lose? @Washington or Vs. Seattle/Minnesota for Playoffs

pbmax
12-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Which would you prefer for the inevitable playoff game?

Rest the starters and hit the road or full steam ahead for a Division title and a home game?

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2015, 01:19 PM
I said rest because they need to get offensive line healthy.

Play Tolzien.

Obviously it will never happen, Very few coaches could take the heat.

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 01:37 PM
I was on board with resting before the AZ game so I am on bars with resting everyone Sunday. But play Hundley one half at least.

MadtownPacker
12-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Better to get embarrassed on the road instead of further tainting Lambeau with a home invasion.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 02:14 PM
They are playing for a division title and a home playoff game. They aren't resting anyone. Hope you guys are joking.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 02:16 PM
That being said my gut tells me go play at Washington. If we are playing Minny at home that means we will have to beat them back to back weeks. Seems tough.

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 02:20 PM
They are playing for a division title and a home playoff game. They aren't resting anyone. Hope you guys are joking.

You are correct. They will play to get that extra playoff cash cow. But it's the wrong strategy to win in the playoffs. Plus losing the division will theoretically get them two easier games than Minnesota next year. Have to be smart about these things.

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 02:22 PM
That being said my gut tells me go play at Washington. If we are playing Minny at home that means we will have to beat them back to back weeks. Seems tough. if pack wins,
Minnesota will finish as the 5 seed unless Seattle beats AZ.

Joemailman
12-28-2015, 02:23 PM

That being said my gut tells me go play at Washington. If we are playing Minny at home that means we will have to beat them back to back weeks. Seems tough.

I doubt anyone thinks they would actually rest starters with the division on the line. Strategically though, if it would be enough to get the OL reasonably healthy, it would be the way to go. This team has no chance with the OL they had out there yesterday.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2015, 02:42 PM
This is an excellent thread. pbmax, and you even had the excellent sense to create a poll.

This is how it;s done, people. The pollier the better.

smuggler
12-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Rest won't help this team. Minnesota provides one more chance at getting the offense in sync. No point forgoing it. Playing Washington is hardly a consolation if they can't break out of the funk.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
On injuries, even with playoff berth locked up: MM will play to win game and earn home playoff game. "Terrible mind-set" of resting players.

M3 VOTES WIN.

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
On injuries, even with playoff berth locked up: MM will play to win game and earn home playoff game. "Terrible mind-set" of resting players.

M3 VOTES WIN.

This is stupid. It's not about 'resting' anyone - it's about giving players two weeks to recover from bad injuries and maybe win a *ucking playoff game.

$$$ win. They want that home gate badly.

woodbuck27
12-28-2015, 08:43 PM

The funny thing....their NOT.

Since whenever does a Green Bay Packer team play and simply throw a game with the Division Title on the line?

Add this:

The way Washington has looked of late with the top passing QB (percentage completions) in the NFL. This isn't a team to imagine as a push over.

Then add that the Green Bay Packers looked worse than bad Vs Arizona.

It's time for a gut check game and make something of a positive statement for Packer Nation. Get up for and defeat Minny on National TV. Don't get embarrassed again two weeks in a row.

GO DOWN maybe... but at least look like a decent playoff team.

Absolutely don't look like Packers Vs Bears at Lambeau the night Brett Favre's NO. 4 was hung from on high. That was awful.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
This is stupid. It's not about 'resting' anyone - it's about giving players two weeks to recover from bad injuries and maybe win a *ucking playoff game.

$$$ win. They want that home gate badly.

Not sure it ever got to that level. This is pretty consistent with other decisions M3 has made. Thompson has had to remind him to sit people before.

If there is a franchise where that decision is not make or break, its the Packers right after the Steelers and New England.

mraynrand
12-28-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm just being cynical about the cash. But Stubby is still stupid to refer to it as 'resting' players. These guys are hurting and far less effective. Too bad some guys will not get better before off season surgery.

pbmax
12-28-2015, 09:35 PM
I agree. This kind of bravado is pointless. They need to be as healthy as possible.

yetisnowman
12-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Well the last time our entire team had two weeks to rest, they got their brains beat in. So I'm not sure how much time off correlates with this teams success.

Fritz
12-29-2015, 06:19 AM
Didn't they all take a day off against Arizona already?

wist43
12-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Regardless of how it shakes out - we're not getting past any of Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle.

I doubt we could win @ the Redskins... best shot for 1 playoff win is Minnesota @ home, but that would only be delaying the inevitable.

Pugger
12-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Nobody here besides Rastak should want MN to win this division. Smuggler is right, we need to figure out what in the hell is wrong with this offense even if we don't make it out of the WC round. We need to return to our 2014 form for 2016.

Fritz
12-29-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm nearly agreeing with Wist.

This is sick.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Woody has fan-shamed me into now saying try and win the division.

George Cumby
12-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Play to lose the Division. At home. Against the Vikings. And lose the opportunity to have a playoff game at home. Oooooooooooookay............

Freak Out
12-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Play to win.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Play to win.

Packers did. They secured a playoff spot. Now they need to be smart about what gives them the best chance in the playoffs.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Regardless of how it shakes out - we're not getting past any of Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle.

I doubt we could win @ the Redskins... best shot for 1 playoff win is Minnesota @ home, but that would only be delaying the inevitable.

recent history doesn't agree with you - Packers are a better road playoff team.

hoosier
12-29-2015, 03:35 PM
recent history doesn't agree with you - Packers are a better road playoff team.

Really?

Post 2010 history: 2-2 at home, 0-2 on road.

If you add 2009-10 into the mix they're a 500 team at home and away.

Fritz
12-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Ah, fuck it. Nobody feels good about this team right now. Home, road, grandma's back yard. Nowhere.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 04:41 PM
I wish this were a public poll so we could see who the pussy ass Packer fans are that wouldn't mind seeing them lose at home on the last day of the season against their bitter rivals from the west for the division title. You think rastak hopes his team loses for a more favorable playoff match up? Fuck no!

Ashamed of each one of you pussy fucks that voted "lose"! Bunch of limp wristed retards!!!

Maxie the Taxi
12-29-2015, 04:47 PM
If "Lose" wins the poll I guess we'll have to change the "Vikings Week" thread to "Pussy Week."

esoxx
12-29-2015, 04:49 PM
The fact that "lose" is winning this poll is sickening.

I used to love this place. Now all I see are just bedwetting stupid fucking retards!!!!

You go ahead and curl up in the fetal position and suck your thumbs. I'm pressing on bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esoxx
12-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Mad, I know you can see who voted "lose." Let us know who these spineless fucks are so we can separate the wheat from the chaff.

PUSSY FUCKS!!!!

That is all.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Packers did. They secured a playoff spot. Now they need to be smart about what gives them the best chance in the playoffs.

Assume the fetal position twit.

pbmax
12-29-2015, 05:25 PM
I wish this were a public poll so we could see who the pussy ass Packer fans are that wouldn't mind seeing them lose at home on the last day of the season against their bitter rivals from the west for the division title. You think rastak hopes his team loses for a more favorable playoff match up? Fuck no!

Ashamed of each one of you pussy fucks that voted "lose"! Bunch of limp wristed retards!!!

My bad, I meant to make it public.

I will step forward, I voted Lose. Not as in throw the game, but by benching anyone with a lingering anything. Including most of the O line. And that would mean the QB is on the sideline as well.

It will never happen, but the o line has to get healthy.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 05:33 PM
That's a pussy mindset pb and you know it. Nobody's getting healthy in a week it's do or die time. Strap up the diaper and let's go for a ride to NFC North championship and maybe beyond.

Do you think Fritz Shurmur agrees with your approach?

Ahhhh no.

pbmax
12-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Fritz put together the game plan and called the D. He's not steering the ship.

That's Ted's job.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 05:39 PM
But thanks pb for manning (Peyton,Eli?) up with your position. I'm sure you realize the error of your ways.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Fritz put together the game plan and called the D. He's not steering the ship.

That's Ted's job.

I mean your "lose at home to a bitter rival for the division title but maybe we can get some players healthy in the meantime" approach.

You think Fritz would agree?

Ahhhhhh no.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 06:16 PM
dp

Rastak
12-29-2015, 06:30 PM

I'll admit, I thought about it for about 10 seconds then said "Fuck That, win the division and take what comes".

I do understand the sentiment of not trotting out injured players you will need in a single elimination tournament but you can't sandbag this one.

edit:

Let me just say this. This is at the end of the day a human game and emotions and spirit do play into it. You wouldn't want to hit the playoffs coming off a two game losing streak. You want confident players going into whatever playoff week one challenge you face.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Thank you Rastak.

Perhaps (some) Packers fans will now come to their senses. Except for the one cocksucker that voted "lose" since my rant began. May you burn in hell.

Rastak
12-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Thank you Rastak.

Perhaps (some) Packers fans will now come to their senses. Except for the one cocksucker that voted "lose" since my rant began. May you burn in hell.

Oh, that was me.....:-P

esoxx
12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
:lol:

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Assume the fetal position twit.

I'm not budging on this one. I want the Pack to win every game, but I'd rather they win playoff games. Recent history shows they play better on the road in the playoffs anyway. PB set up the poll as 'resting' but I'm arguing to give injured guys a chance to get healthy. If you can't do that and keep Rodgers from getting slaughtered, then put in the scrubs. Shoulda done it before AZ, especially with Bacteria and Shields out.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Shoulda, coulda, woulda does nothing.

This isn't the fucking NBA looking for a favorable playoff match up. Time to man up.

You would never see Cleft Crusty being such a spineless twat. Hang your head in shame.

yetisnowman
12-29-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm not budging on this one. I want the Pack to win every game, but I'd rather they win playoff games. Recent history shows they play better on the road in the playoffs anyway. PB set up the poll as 'resting' but I'm arguing to give injured guys a chance to get healthy. If you can't do that and keep Rodgers from getting slaughtered, then put in the scrubs. Shoulda done it before AZ, especially with Bacteria and Shields out.

Interesting. Remember when I posted that thread weeks back about rooting for the Vikings to beat Seattle simply because I thought the Packers had a better chance with the hawks to be out of the playoff picture and teams like Minny/Atl/Philly/whoever getting in. You seconded esoxx's opinion that it was a blasphemous. Now with the division on the line, with a home playoff game on the line, in our house, playing AGAINST the Vikings....you think we should lay down? Sweet consistency.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Shoulda, coulda, woulda does nothing.

This isn't the fucking NBA looking for a favorable playoff match up. Time to man up.

You would never see Cleft Crusty being such a spineless twat. Hang your head in shame.

Well if you want to man up with Barclay and Walker, go for it, but you're just gonna lose, and lose badly. If you can get Bacteria and Beluga back at full strength it's worth finishing second in the division. The season shouldn't be about a worthless NFC north division championship belt, but should be about winning a playoff game or two or three.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Interesting. Remember when I posted that thread weeks back about rooting for the Vikings to beat Seattle simply because I thought the Packers had a better chance with the hawks to be out of the playoff picture and teams like Minny/Atl/Philly/whoever getting in. You seconded esoxx's opinion that it was a blasphemous. Now with the division on the line, with a home playoff game on the line, in our house, playing AGAINST the Vikings....you think we should lay down? Sweet consistency.

Yeah, no way I root for the vikings and won't on Sunday either. But my view and argument (to keep guys out if they can be healthy for the playoff run) is totally consistent with the goals of the Packers (win in the playoffs) . I'm not arguing that I want the Vikings to win, just that I want the Packers to be as healthy as possible for the games that matter. I am also pointing out that there might be a silver lining if they lose, in that they have played better on the road in the playoffs recently. Why is this so difficult for people to grasp?

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2015, 11:09 PM
you think we should lay down?

Hardly. Scott Tolzien and Lane Taylor and JC Tretter should get out there and fight! fight! fight! Next man up.

Realistically, it comes down to sitting starters with injuries. No 80% guys.

esoxx
12-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Well if you want to man up with Barclay and Walker, go for it, but you're just gonna lose, and lose badly. If you can get Bacteria and Beluga back at full strength it's worth finishing second in the division. The season shouldn't be about a worthless NFC north division championship belt, but should be about winning a playoff game or two or three.

Worthless?

Time to put down the shovel.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Hardly. Scott Tolzien and Lane Taylor and JC Tretter should get out there and fight! fight! fight! Next man up.

Why not? If Minnesota can win games with their shitty offense, why not the Packers with a few backups in. Even if they lose, but keep it close, it might solidify the team like it did at NE in 2010.

mraynrand
12-29-2015, 11:16 PM
Worthless?

Time to put down the shovel.

All the NFC north title gets you is an ostensibly tougher schedule next year and a home playoff game. Again, based on recent stats (last 9 years under Stubby) Packers are a better road team than home team in playoffs. (4-3 on road, 3-3 at home)

esoxx
12-29-2015, 11:33 PM
You're in the lose category, I get it.

Now to ID the other 11 pukes that voted lose. Bunch of mealy mouthed, mamby pamby, pants shitting, insufferable reprobates.

And that's on a good day.

yetisnowman
12-29-2015, 11:35 PM

Realistically, it comes down to sitting starters with injuries. No 80% guys.

I mean how many guys would that rule out? Last game of the season, I would bet half the 53 man is less than 80%

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2015, 11:41 PM
I mean how many guys would that rule out? Last game of the season, I would bet half the 53 man is less than 80%

No, not really. 80% is pretty bad. There may be as many as 5 starters limping that badly. Sit um.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-30-2015, 05:24 AM
No, not really. 80% is pretty bad. There may be as many as 5 starters limping that badly. Sit um.

The way our team has been playing, not sure we have any player playing even close to 80%...injured or not.

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 08:00 AM

Now to ID the other 11 pukes that voted lose. Bunch of mealy mouthed, mamby pamby, pants shitting, insufferable reprobates.

I voted for the 'lose' but I didn't really agree with the premise of the poll. What I want is for the Pack to get as many injured guys healthy for the playoffs as possible. I do not want them to tank the game. I believe they could win the game, even with Rodgers and some linemen sidelined. And a reasonably close loss under those conditions might be a rallying point for the team. Hell, why not go all out and play Hundley the entire game and see what the guy can do? I bet he outplays Bridgehead.

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 08:03 AM

Every team is beat up. That's why teams love that bye week if they can get it. The Packers have a kind of bye week right in front of them. They've sat players before under similar conditions. The difference this time is that they want that home game. The cruel fact for the Packers is that a home playoff game really guarantees them nothing,and they might be so beat up that they can't compete and look like the mess we saw in AZ.

Rutnstrut
12-30-2015, 11:28 AM

I'm one of them. Where the fuck has winning the division gotten this team the last how many years? It's just so Kool-aid drinking homers can say stubby shouldn't be fired because he has won the division x years in a row.

yetisnowman
12-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Yeah, no way I root for the vikings and won't on Sunday either. But my view and argument (to keep guys out if they can be healthy for the playoff run) is totally consistent with the goals of the Packers (win in the playoffs) . I'm not arguing that I want the Vikings to win, just that I want the Packers to be as healthy as possible for the games that matter. I am also pointing out that there might be a silver lining if they lose, in that they have played better on the road in the playoffs recently. Why is this so difficult for people to grasp?

You seem to be contradicting yourself. By saying we should sit our dinged up linemen and Rodgers and pointing out how a loss would be beneficial in giving us a easier schedule next season. You are not rooting for us to lose per se. But I'm not sure rooting for us to put ourselves in a position where we most certainly will lose is much different.

pbmax
12-30-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm one of them. Where the fuck has winning the division gotten this team the last how many years? It's just so Kool-aid drinking homers can say stubby shouldn't be fired because he has won the division x years in a row.

Error detected. Some of the kool-aid drinkers are with you in the Lose vote.

pbmax
12-30-2015, 12:05 PM
You seem to be contradicting yourself. By saying we should sit our dinged up linemen and Rodgers and pointing out how a loss would be beneficial in giving us a easier schedule next season. You are not rooting for us to lose per se. But I'm not sure rooting for us to put ourselves in a position where we most certainly will lose is much different.

I think there is a pretty clear line here. Rest the wounded as much as possible and start backups. Even a loss, should it be suffered because of the backups, comes wth benefits down the line. In addition to a bye week for the banged up.

MadScientist
12-30-2015, 12:10 PM
Win, because fuck losing.

woodbuck27
12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
LOSING ...JUST....SUCKS.

You never plan to lose unless YOUR A LOSER !

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 12:15 PM
I think there is a pretty clear line here. Rest the wounded as much as possible and start backups. Even a loss, should it be suffered because of the backups, comes wth benefits down the line. In addition to a bye week for the banged up.

Yes, there are two separate issues: 1) play to lose to deliberately or 2) rest the injured to get them healthy (and if you rest three O-linemen or more, it wold be crazy to put Rodgers out there and try to run your exact same offense).

The issue isn't about playing to lose or liking or hating the Vikings, it's about the best overall strategy for winning playoff games. I'm OK if people think my strategy sucks, but that's all I'm arguing for: what I think is the better strategy for playoff success.

That's why I say rest the injured, put Hundley in there, and design a game plan that is simple and takes advantage of his skills. And then launch it on Minnesota totally unexpectedly and make them adjust on the fly.

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 12:15 PM
LOSING ...JUST....SUCKS.

You never plan to lose unless YOUR A LOSER !

profound

esoxx
12-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Exactly MadScientist. Fuck losing and the losing losers that voted lose in this god damn non-public poll.

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Exactly. Fuck losing and the losing losers that voted lose in this god damn nonpublic poll.

I don't agree with the premise of the poll, nor your view of it. :)

Rutnstrut
12-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Error detected. Some of the kool-aid drinkers are with you in the Lose vote.

I know, I was just trying to get esoxx riled up;) I don't want the Pack to lose, ever. But if some of the players could get a bit more healthy by resting Sunday. I'm all for that. If they play as flat as they have been, it won't matter who is on the field Sunday night.

yetisnowman
12-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Yes, there are two separate issues: 1) play to lose to deliberately or 2) rest the injured to get them healthy (and if you rest three O-linemen or more, it wold be crazy to put Rodgers out there and try to run your exact same offense).

The issue isn't about playing to lose or liking or hating the Vikings, it's about the best overall strategy for winning playoff games. I'm OK if people think my strategy sucks, but that's all I'm arguing for: what I think is the better strategy for playoff success.

That's why I say rest the injured, put Hundley in there, and design a game plan that is simple and takes advantage of his skills. And then launch it on Minnesota totally unexpectedly and make them adjust on the fly.

I don't disagree with your strategy completely. I was just surprised it came from you. Again, why was it "unnacceptable" for me to root for Minny to beat Seattle, yet ok in your eyes if we purposefully don't field our best players that may be not 100%, and lose to the Vikings. That's what I don't get. I too was motivated by what I thought gave my favorite team the best chance at playoff success.

mraynrand
12-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I don't disagree with your strategy completely. I was just surprised it came from you. Again, why was it "unnacceptable" for me to root for Minny to beat Seattle, yet ok in your eyes if we purposefully don't field our best players that may be not 100%, and lose to the Vikings. That's what I don't get. I too was motivated by what I thought gave my favorite team the best chance at playoff success.

I see where you're coming from. Probably in your example about the Vikings and Seattle, I was just being too extreme. I generally have the same wishes when rivals play each other - to get the outcome best for the Packers. If the Vikings play the Bears for example, I'll want both teams to look horrible, and have the home team win, unless the home team is closer than the other team to the Packers in the standings. Probably my reaction to the Vikings Seattle game (is that the one?) was just a visceral reaction to the idea of 'rooting for' the Vikings.

I want the Packers to play to win this weekend, but if it makes more sense to keep some injured guys out to better their playoff chances, I'm OK with it.

Bretsky
12-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Do what you need to do to avoid Seattle; I can't stomach being their bitch again.

Bretsky
12-30-2015, 04:25 PM
This team has sucked all optimism out of me; If you could give me a playoff win regardless of circumstance I really don't care.

I will admit that I also cheered for GB to lose at the end of their season when they ended up with the second pick in the draft. I was pissed when we won our last game and lost out on Troy Aikman. Then I was more pissed when they drafted Tony Mandarich over Derrick Thomas (my preference) and Barry Sanders (my second choice). Deon Sanders was the 5th pick that year. We really got boned with our pick

woodbuck27
12-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Exactly MadScientist. Fuck losing and the losing losers that voted lose in this god damn non-public poll.

:five:

woodbuck27
12-31-2015, 10:32 AM
This team has sucked all optimism out of me; If you could give me a playoff win regardless of circumstance I really don't care.

I will admit that I also cheered for GB to lose at the end of their season when they ended up with the second pick in the draft. I was pissed when we won our last game and lost out on Troy Aikman. Then I was more pissed when they drafted Tony Mandarich over Derrick Thomas (my preference) and Barry Sanders (my second choice). Deon Sanders was the 5th pick that year. We really got boned with our pick

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cartoon-hen-vector-illustration-31000254.jpg

woodbuck27
12-31-2015, 10:46 AM
I see where you're coming from. Probably in your example about the Vikings and Seattle, I was just being too extreme. I generally have the same wishes when rivals play each other - to get the outcome best for the Packers. If the Vikings play the Bears for example, I'll want both teams to look horrible, and have the home team win, unless the home team is closer than the other team to the Packers in the standings. Probably my reaction to the Vikings Seattle game (is that the one?) was just a visceral reaction to the idea of 'rooting for' the Vikings.

I want the Packers to play to win this weekend, but if it makes more sense to keep some injured guys out to better their playoff chances, I'm OK with it.

Ala....the political wiggle.

If winning a game is a desired outcome and generally in the NFL that means:

Relying on your normal starters Vs using backups.

Do you elect to go with backups and realistically expect to win?

My Boolean Algebra says:

NO.

Rutnstrut
12-31-2015, 01:02 PM
If you don't think the back ups are adequate to get you a win or two in a pinch. Why are those back ups even on the team? Come on people trust in stubby and TT, they know all. If they choose to rest players and play back ups, then that is obviously the best move.

mraynrand
12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
If you don't think the back ups are adequate to get you a win or two in a pinch. Why are those back ups even on the team? Come on people trust in stubby and TT, they know all. If they choose to rest players and play back ups, then that is obviously the best move.

Yes, and if they choose not to rest them, that will also be the best plan. Everything TT and Stubby will be for the best, Dr. Pangloss.

pbmax
12-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Ala....the political wiggle.

If winning a game is a desired outcome and generally in the NFL that means:

Relying on your normal starters Vs using backups.

Do you elect to go with backups and realistically expect to win?

My Boolean Algebra says:

NO.

I would hope your Boolean Operators tell you True or False or you have a faulty implementation.

But you have mis-identified the point. Its not a wiggle, its a clear statement of preferred outcomes, in their desired order. To wit:

1. Better health
2. Weaker opponent
3. Increase odds of playoff run
4. Home game
5. Get offense straightened out
6. Momentum

A win is important as everyone will feel better. But like the emotion to start a game, a win will get you exactly Zero points the next week. So momentum is unworthy to chase.

A win would get you a home game, but the Packers record at home this year is not marvelous. They have lost to lesser teams already. A home game, while the fans definitely deserve it, offers little in the hope of an extended playoff run. Its one game at a place that has not delivered this year like it has in years past.

Get offense straightened out. One more game is less likely to do the trick than all the other games since Week 6 where they have been trying to fix this mess. A far better ameliorative option is to get the O line healthy. The best way to do that is an extra week of rest with no game. Sit the injured starters.

Do the choosers of Lose want to lose? No.

But we are prepared to accept that outcome (and the scheduling benefits) to make the team better for a playoff run. Yes.

The rest of you Win Now meatheads can go run into a concrete wall with you head and helmet to prove how tough you are. Like Gus Ferrotte, you will be hospitalized while the winners collect the trophy for most postseason success.

So suck it poseurs. And Happy New Year.

esoxx
12-31-2015, 03:41 PM
And with that, Fritz Shurmur just rolled over in his grave.

Well done pb.

pbmax
12-31-2015, 03:43 PM
And with that, Fritz Shurmur just rolled over in his grave.

Well done pb.

Fritz was more forward thinking than you credit him. You don't dream up the 2-5 Eagle by being Chuck Knox.

esoxx
12-31-2015, 03:46 PM
He also would be violently opposed to your view on this game.

smuggler
12-31-2015, 03:54 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cartoon-hen-vector-illustration-31000254.jpg

Haha, holy shit.

Thrice as funny. Shit's basically anatomically accurate, since most avians shit, piss, and drop eggs from the same hole. And, it does pretty well cover some Rats and their opinions on sandbagging.

denverYooper
12-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Yes, and if they choose not to rest them, that will also be the best plan. Everything TT and Stubby will be for the best, Dr. Pangloss.

That's candid.

denverYooper
12-31-2015, 05:15 PM
I would hope your Boolean Operators tell you True or False or you have a faulty implementation.

But you have mis-identified the point. Its not a wiggle, its a clear statement of preferred outcomes, in their desired order. To wit:

1. Better health
2. Weaker opponent
3. Increase odds of playoff run
4. Home game
5. Get offense straightened out
6. Momentum

A win is important as everyone will feel better. But like the emotion to start a game, a win will get you exactly Zero points the next week. So momentum is unworthy to chase.

A win would get you a home game, but the Packers record at home this year is not marvelous. They have lost to lesser teams already. A home game, while the fans definitely deserve it, offers little in the hope of an extended playoff run. Its one game at a place that has not delivered this year like it has in years past.

Get offense straightened out. One more game is less likely to do the trick than all the other games since Week 6 where they have been trying to fix this mess. A far better ameliorative option is to get the O line healthy. The best way to do that is an extra week of rest with no game. Sit the injured starters.

Do the choosers of Lose want to lose? No.

But we are prepared to accept that outcome (and the scheduling benefits) to make the team better for a playoff run. Yes.

The rest of you Win Now meatheads can go run into a concrete wall with you head and helmet to prove how tough you are. Like Gus Ferrotte, you will be hospitalized while the winners collect the trophy for most postseason success.

So suck it poseurs. And Happy New Year.

For some reason, that reminded me of this:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/35/35d182fa098247cc173f58c511cca56bbc59c9bcf17cfe5ceb cd9b9a494e5a0a.jpg

Fosco33
01-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Blow them out so you can rest some folks in 2nd half, get some momentum, etc.

Playing minny back-back weeks or Seattle again are tough games... But newsflash - it's the playoffs stupid.

pbmax
01-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Wouldn't Sean Connery want to sex up the Queen, not just the Prom Queen?

pbmax
01-01-2016, 04:10 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago
Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones won't play in regular season finale http://wp.me/p14QSB-9X7S

Belichick gets it.

mraynrand
01-01-2016, 04:14 PM
^^^^. I'm sure runtnstunt will point out the obvious and monumental differences in circumstances. In any case, Stubby needs to go because any other coach would have already won 7 super bowls with a QB like Rodgers.

pbmax
01-01-2016, 04:18 PM
^ Circumstances are a bit different, but not significant enough to forego this strategy.

Plus add a few more.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 56m56 minutes ago
Patriots rule out LB Dont'a Hightower, WR Julian Edelman, CB Justin Coleman, OT Sebastian Vollmer, DE Chandler Jones, LB Jonathan Freeny.

yetisnowman
01-01-2016, 10:07 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago
Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones won't play in regular season finale http://wp.me/p14QSB-9X7S

Belichick gets it.

What he gets is that his team has already clinched a first round bye, and is playing a bad team that has basically nothing to play for. And he knows they can easily beat this team while sitting two of their best defensive players. If the Pats were playing a good team that could jump them in the standings, forcing them to go on the road in the first round vs playing at home, I'm sure they would play.

mraynrand
01-02-2016, 01:00 AM
is this thread moot yet?

smuggler
01-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Kind of unfair comparing strategies when Hightower and Edelmen would not be able to go, even if it were an elimination game.

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 07:25 AM
pbmaz...Please look at your PM Inbox for a message I sent this morning;.

Thank You and have a great New Year first weekend.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Rutnstrut
01-02-2016, 01:45 PM
I agree. This kind of bravado is pointless. They need to be as healthy as possible.

It could be that there is a lot more wrong with this team than injuries. Possible that stubby knows all the rest in the world, won't fix what's truly ailing this squad.

wpony
01-02-2016, 09:06 PM
I got here to late to vote dont come here to much any more since all the whining sorry but the way I see it is fair weather packer fans are one thing I just cant stomach it makes me sick I want them to win every game but they are my team win or loose and sure I want them better every year and this has been a year to test every bodies nerves . I would have voted on the poll to go all out to win the division I dont believe this yrs team is going to far in the play offs and after watching years and years of Packers losses and a successful season being any season we beat the bears 2 times in a yr. I want them to win there division any time they can.

mraynrand
01-02-2016, 09:54 PM
I got here to late too vote. I dont come here too much any more since all the whining. Sorry but the way I see it is fair weather packer fans are one thing I just can't stomach; it makes me sick. I want them to win every game but they are my team win or lose. I sure want them better every year. This has been a year to test every bodies nerves . I would have voted on the poll to go all out to win the division. I dont believe this years team is going too far in the playoffs. After watching years and years of Packers losses and a successful season being any season we beat the Bears 2 times in a yr., I want them to win there division any time they can.

FIFY

wpony
01-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Ty Believe it or not I dont mind a little help with the grammar with all the pain meds I am on from my back I am lucky to get the spelling close LOL especially when its done with kindness have a great night mraynrand and esoxx
All I can say to the packers is Getter done LOL I also have many memories of Tarkenton having our numbers for so many yrs. and making Sundays not very fun lets take there steam away going into the playoffs ,where i am living there are many viking fans trash talking the packers and it started the 1st game time to hush them up lol

mraynrand
01-03-2016, 08:07 AM
^^^^ just messing around. Be well.

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Any second thoughts about the pleasure of hosting Seattle?

pbmax
01-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Any second thoughts about the pleasure of hosting Seattle?

Would be Divisional Round. Packers either at home versus Vikes or @ Washington during Wild Card weekend.

Bretsky
01-03-2016, 06:35 PM
THESE IDIOTS ON NBC just showed a bracket showing GB 3 seed, Seattle 6 seed, and then noted

"Minnesota and WASHINGTON" playing tonight for the NFC Central Title.

yetisnowman
01-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Would be Divisional Round. Packers either at home versus Vikes or @ Washington during Wild Card weekend.

At this point no matter what happens tonight, the only way we play Seattle this postseason is at home in the NFC title game.

wist43
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
I think most of us can agree... doesn't really matter in the long run - we're not going anywhere.

We simply don't belong on the same field as Carolina, Arizona, or Seattle.

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2016, 06:58 PM

True. But shit happens.

pbmax
01-03-2016, 07:08 PM
I think most of us can agree... doesn't really matter in the long run - we're not going anywhere.

Its a tantalizing argument, but if we beat any of them, I will vote against forfeiting the victory.

yetisnowman
01-03-2016, 07:09 PM

Fuck all that. I believe we have a chance as long as we are alive. We weren't supposed to belong on the field with Seattle last January either, but we were a play away from winning. I agree we have looked very spotty. But as a fan I can't throw in the towel just yet. Gotta win 4 games. Not likely, but I still believe there is a chance.

Freak Out
01-03-2016, 07:22 PM
So if the Packers win tonight they host the Vikes again? WTF?

pbmax
01-03-2016, 07:25 PM
So if the Packers win tonight they host the Vikes again? WTF?

Ever since realignment and move to 6 payoff teams, rule about not facing Division opponent until the League Championship Game has been null and void.

Fritz
01-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Doesn't matter who the Packers play if they can't move the ball and score.

mraynrand
01-03-2016, 10:12 PM

AZ doesn't belong on the same field as Seattle. Seattle doesn't belong on the same field as the Rams. :razz:

pbmax
01-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Well, they go on the road for wild card game. With one more week of rest for Bach and Shields.

Was the risk worth it? Is the offense better?

denverYooper
01-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Better composition with Bach, for sure.

pbmax
01-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Clearly posters are tone deaf.

Joemailman
01-03-2016, 11:39 PM
With Bach back, Rodgers would be able to orchestrate a more efficient bass offense. Without Bach, they are in treble.

denverYooper
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
With Bach back, Rodgers would be able to orchestrate a more efficient bass offense. Without Bach, they are in treble.

Repped for musical accuracy. Bach's best work is on the low end.

Pugger
01-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I wasn't unhappy with the defense tonight. They played well. I felt bad for Sitton having to move to tackle. He's superior guard a but not LT! I was glad to see Adams get a couple of passes tonight. Poor Cobb isn't the same guy without a pure #1 guy like Jordy. It isn't the worst to go to Washington DC. Let the queens tangle with Seattle. We've had success as a WC team but I don't see us having that success this year. If we can fix a few of our issues we'll be a force in2016. Aaron will only be 33 next Januaru. 33 is young for QBs like AR.

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 12:24 AM
Well, they go on the road for wild card game. With one more week of rest for Bach and Shields.

Was the risk worth it? Is the offense better?

I think after 16 weeks of trying, they will finally find a way to compensate for the loss of Nelson based on no factual information, logic, or reason of any kind whatsoever.

denverYooper
01-04-2016, 06:13 AM
I think after 16 weeks of trying, they will finally find a way to compensate for the loss of Nelson based on no factual information, logic, or reason of any kind whatsoever.

I resemble that remark.

Pay the ticket, take the ride.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Its Janis time!