09-02-2006, 09:35 PM
you just ruined my night, Thank you.

Brainerd
09-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I just ruined my night, Thank you.

Sorry. I couldn't deal with it alone.

chewy-bacca
09-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I like how it leads right into the JWalk stuff. Why not just turn that knife a little.

God I hate Bob Costas

Brando19
09-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Maaaaaaaaaan....now I'm sad. Can you imagine Favre in a Chicago Bears Uniform? Can you imagine Favre in any uniform other than a Packers? HELLLLLLL NO!!!!

Brainerd
09-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Maaaaaaaaaan....now I'm sad. Can you imagine Favre in a Chicago Bears Uniform? Can you imagine Favre in any uniform other than a Packers? HELLLLLLL NO!!!!

I don't think he'd be cruel and put on a b**rs uniform. I see Dallas as a possibility.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, that's a big huge hairy IF.

IF the Packers told me they were going to rebuild and not want me anymore. Like THAT's gonna happen.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I would rather be screwed in the cap for the next ten years and get as many free agents as we could get next year to compete, then have to watch a year with brett in another jersey. It would kill me.

Brando19
09-02-2006, 09:55 PM
MJZiggy, I wouldn't put it past TT. They seem to think Rodgers is another Tom Brady. I don't see it, but TT seems to. I figured TT would have told Favre they didn't want him this year, but I can definitely see it next year if this season is a repeat of last. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of Green Bay without Favre, especially if he's booted out or if he plays for another team.

Brainerd
09-02-2006, 09:56 PM

IF the Packers told me they were going to rebuild and not want me anymore. Like THAT's gonna happen.

I hope you're right but Favre is due something like 12 million next year.

Why would ths come up now?

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 09:59 PM
He's under contract 'til 2011.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2006, 10:01 PM
This quote isn't that surprising. He's saying that if he feels he can still play next year and he decides he wants to play, and the Packers don't want him back, then he might consider playing for another team. I don't find that too shocking. I just don't see the Packers kicking him to the curb next year. Like Marino in Miami, they'll likely let him play as long as he wants. Well, at least the next couple of years--provided he doesn't totally suck.

No Mo Moss
09-02-2006, 10:02 PM
A Non-story. He's an honest guy, he gave an honest answer. That's a far cry from him marching into TT's office next summer and demanding a trade.

digitaldean
09-02-2006, 10:02 PM

Frustration maybe. He's gone through a long career and maybe he's flat out tired of rebuilding.

I don't see this as a likely scenario. 1 in 10 chance. TT knows that he would be run out of town if he forced Favre out (especially if Favre would take a new team deep in the playoffs). I wouldn't say he'd never do it, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.

It will be interesting to see how fans react thru the season if he has another clunker like last year.

Brando19
09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Let's just all hope and pray to God he doesn't have 29 picks again this year. Let's all hope and pray he doesn't have 15 picks this year!

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, what would you do if you felt you could still play but the team you LOVE tells you that you're no longer wanted? Come on! Bob Woefel is probably the worst and most negative sports reporter ever! I hate him! Favre will retire a Packer. TT isnt going to tell him to go anywhere. This whole stupid article is based on the Packers kicking Favre to the curb! Ain't happening baby!

Chubbyhubby
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I wonder what team he would consider? Possibly a team near his home town perhaps the Saints.

Favre and Bush wouldn't that be something!

Homer Jay
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I just cant figure why he would ever get tired of talking to reporters. How many times has he been asked that question? How many times will he have to answer questions about that? More fodder for ESPN.

Like gbpackfan said, what would you do if your boss said you weren't in their plans? You'd look for another job. I see it as a non story. Does anybody really think the Pack would be better off with Rodgers? I still expect to see #4 retire as a Packer.

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Did you guys read this fricken article? Mike Woods is a writer for the Appleton Post Cresent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14610391/

Willard
09-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I see him going to the Broncos next year.........just to torment JWalk! :twisted:

Brainerd
09-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I just cant figure why he would ever get tired of talking to reporters. How many times has he been asked that question? How many times will he have to answer questions about that? More fodder for ESPN.
You're right. He has been asked that question and similar retirement questions a 1000 times at least and he always responded by saying, "No!". This time he said, "Yes.".

Like gbpackfan said, what would you do if your boss said you weren't in their plans? You'd look for another job. I see it as a non story. Does anybody really think the Pack would be better off with Rodgers? I still expect to see #4 retire as a Packer.
Of course he'll retire as a Packer. Montana retired as a 49er after playing a season in KC.

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:25 PM

The more I think about this, the happier I am. In fact, this is the best news I've heard since I heard that the Packers cut C. Rodgers. Favre is basically telling us that he still wants to play. Let's get this O-line some experience this year, have a solid draft in April, add a couple more play-makers via free agency and we are right back in the playoffs. The only thing Favre is changing his tune is about how much longer he wants to play. I believe he will be our QB for the next 2 to 3 years. And I love it!

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Did you guys read this fricken article? Mike Woods is a writer for the Appleton Post Cresent.

This reporters must live PERFECT lives. They hound these guys over and over and just wait to pounce on them when they show any type of emotion. They are pigs! I wouldn't want to talk to them either. Favre is a leader and ANYONE in that locker room will tell you that. Do you think Favre really gives a crap about what some nerd from MSNBC thinks about him. What a gomer!

Brainerd
09-02-2006, 10:30 PM

Sydney may have a case for plagiarism. Or vice-versa. Same crap, different day.

Packers4Ever
09-02-2006, 10:30 PM

You guys are all scaring the daylights out of me, I couldn't even LOOK at
Brett in any other uniform much less watch him play somewhere else.
Makes me sick to my stomach to think of it.

gbpackfan
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Stop freaking out! This is the media making a story out of nothing. If the Packers FIRE Brett, what is he suppose to do? I'll let you in on a little secret, it isn't going to happen! Say what you will now, but you'll see. You'll all see!!!!! :twisted:

Scott Campbell
09-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I watched Karl Malone play for a year as a Laker. I could watch Brett play for a year or two somewhere else. But I'd rather have him here.

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 10:41 PM

We have the cap room. TT (unlike other GMs in the league *cough*Titans*cough*) has planned for this. GBPackfan is right. This likely means at least another year after this one. And after reading that MSN article, I hope Mike Woods is permanently banned from the press room. I watched that press conference and ol' Mike needs to get his facts straight. Favre isn't frustrated with the team, he's frustrated with the idiots he has to face in the press room every two weeks and I don't blame him a bit.

OKC PackerFan
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Good grief, imagine if TT did send Brett packing. Jerry Jones and Parcels would snap Brett up in a heartbeat, he would be wearing a Cowboys uniform on Sundays. Now that's a nightmare. I hate the Cowboys, it would make me puke.

the_idle_threat
09-02-2006, 11:13 PM

Hell hath no fury like a sports reporter scorned.

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 11:14 PM
If TT does such a thing, he might as well start packing his own bags.

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 11:16 PM

The more I think about this, the happier I am. In fact, this is the best news I've heard since I heard that the Packers cut C. Rodgers. Favre is basically telling us that he still wants to play. Let's get this O-line some experience this year, have a solid draft in April, add a couple more play-makers via free agency and we are right back in the playoffs. The only thing Favre is changing his tune is about how much longer he wants to play. I believe he will be our QB for the next 2 to 3 years. And I love it!

Very good point, gbpackfan. let's hope the FA market is a little better next year, too.

packers11
09-03-2006, 12:35 AM
by the time his contract ends wouldn't he be 41?????? Thats 5 years from now!

Unless T.T. Forces him out which I doubt because the fans would go wild, I don't see why he can't play another 2-3 years or even playout his contract in Green Bay.... :mrgreen:

SD GB fan
09-03-2006, 12:41 AM
turns out, he cud just be fucking with the media. stir some rumors and just have a nice laugh.

mmmdk
09-03-2006, 12:58 AM
This is typically Favre. He's just being honest but in hindsight, I think the timing sucks. Favre, why can't you just say: "I'm not gonna get into that, I'm a Green Bay Packer and that's all that matters". Parcells would sign Favre in a jiffy! :cry:

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow, just think of it, Farve in a BEAR uniform ! :twisted:

Now that would be poetic justice ! LOL :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

Tarlam!
09-03-2006, 01:54 AM
We needed something to take our mind off the devastating state of our current team and BF just gave us something else to focus on.

That is so considerate of him. He'll do anything for the GB fans... :cool:

gbpackfan
09-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Guys, was this a live interview. Sounds to me like it may have been taped and who knows when that was. The timing is not on Favre, it was probably up to HBO.

Who cares anyway. Like I have been saying, Favre's not going anywhere. He called me this morning and told me not to worry about it. :mrgreen:

AtlPackFan
09-03-2006, 07:52 AM
"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said. "If it comes to a point where they do start over and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over. It's time for us to rebuild. It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.' If I got the itch at some point, I can't say 'no.' "

I don't see anything in here about "if I'm kicked to the curb". He's simply saying that if the Pack came to him, said they were rebuilding and GAVE HIM THE OPTION TO MOVE ON, he would consider it.

Everyone knows the Packers are rebuilding and so does Favre. All you have to do is look at the roster. It sounds to me as though Favre is setting himself up for an out if the Packers suck again this year - which they probably will - and he still wants to play.

I also never heard TT refer to Aaron Rogers as the next coming of Tom Brady. I don't think they have any idea what Rogers is and won't until they hand him the ball and they have a chance to evaluate him over several games...until then TT is just trying to stay positive.

I am NOT a TT supporter per se but the organization is going to give him at LEAST three years to see what he can do and I believe TT will give M3 at LEAST a couple of years to turn this around. If this organization starts firing GMs and coaches after one or two years, you aren't going to be able to get anyone to come to Green Bay? No one is going to want to work for an organization that yields a quick hook.

AtlPackFan
09-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Wow, just think of it, Favre in a BEAR uniform ! :twisted:

Now that would be poetic justice ! LOL :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

That's not goign to happen. IF Favre asks to be traded my guess would be that it would be in the AFC....certainly not within the division.

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
It could happen... just think ... Farve takes DA BEARS to the SB after sweeping the packers...LOL

GO BEARS !

MasonCrosby
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
It could happen... just think ... Favre takes DA BEARS to the SB after sweeping the packers...LOL

GO BEARS !

in your dreams.. as others have said, in the extremely slim chance the organization somehow asks him to leave...i'd imagine he'd go somewhere like in the AFC where he would never really ever have to face the packers...

more than likely he's just making banter for the talk show...

test
09-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes Madtown and all the limp wristed mods here allow my wife to be insulted and run down. They do NOTHING about it.

So far retailguy, the_idle_threat, and mraynrand have all insulted my wife in this thread http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3159&start=120 and J-Rok has yucked it up.

Real nice board you got here. Why is this acceptable to all of you? No one will admit this was totaly fucked up so I'll just have to keep it going.

RIPackerFan
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I read it this way - Favre knows we have been rebuilding since TT has gotten here - I think this is showing a timeframe, i.e. not another 4-12 year or if he wants to play, it will be somewhere else.

I will be ticked, if this happens - but more at TT. We should be better than last years 4 - 12, with the easier schedule and the "better" talent than last year.

If we go 8-8, I think this goes away.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes Madtown and all the limp wristed mods here allow my wife to be insulted and run down. They do NOTHING about it.

So far retailguy, the_idle_threat, and mraynrand have all insulted my wife in this thread http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3159&start=120 and J-Rok has yucked it up.

Real nice board you got here. Why is this acceptable to all of you? No one will admit this was totaly fucked up so I'll just have to keep it going.

Nobody even knows your wife, so how can they insult her? In fact nobody knew you had one. I could say some crap about your brother or sister but for all I know you are an only child,,,,so any insult is meaningless.

If I'm walking down the street and some dude yells, "you're wife is a ho" he's TRYING to insult me, not my wife, he doesn't have a fucking clue who she is.

I could see how the barn comment to could irritate a guy but geez, talk about flying off the handle. I'll also say I shouldn't have called you an asshole but you were doing a mighty fine impression of one.

b bulldog
09-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Brett>Packers organization?? Couldn't resist after reading stupid comments like I'd rather have the team suck for 10 years than see Brett in another uniform.

packers11
09-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Brett>Packers organization?? Couldn't resist after reading stupid comments like I'd rather have the team suck for 10 years than see Brett in another uniform.

Im going to have to agree... Even though everyone makes jokes about Favre throwing 29 INTS and blah blah blah, I CANNONT imagine the chaos of him going to another team would it cause...

Not only that, but I can only imagine him being a GB packer :cry:

b bulldog
09-03-2006, 11:03 PM
nO OFFENSE BUT I hope your the only one with that opinion but I would bet that you aren't, your just honest.

BEARMAN
09-03-2006, 11:13 PM
They told me "test" was banned ?

GO BEARS !

Noodle
09-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Ignore him, and it will be as if he were.

Back on topic -- burn me at the stake, but next year, if the coaches think A Rod is ready, then I say ship Favre out of town to someone in the AFC looking for a QB. Best thing for Favre and best thing for the Pack.

ARod can't sit on the bench forever, and it won't do him good to have Favre on the bench, because every time AROd has a bad game, we fans will demand that No. 4 get back in the saddle.

This should be it. The last year. Next year, we sink or swim with ARod. And Favre, if he still wants to play, gets to make a run with the Dolphins (that would be interesting -- busting Marino's records while wearing the colors of the fish).

If Montana, who was a bigger icon in the Bay Area than Favre is in Sconi, can go to KC, Favre can go to the AFC. It's the circle of life, Simba.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2006, 11:29 PM
This should be it. The last year. Next year, we sink or swim with ARod. And Favre, if he still wants to play, gets to make a run with the Dolphins (that would be interesting -- busting Marino's records while wearing the colors of the fish).

Depends on how this year goes. If Brett has a good year, let him play another. Who cares if ARod waits another year. Steve Young, Matt Hasselbeck, and plenty of other QBs did, and it didn't hurt them.

If Montana, who was a bigger icon in the Bay Area than Favre is in Sconi

What?

Noodle
09-03-2006, 11:56 PM
You heard me. There are around six million people in the San Francisco Bay Area. To them, Montana was GOD, and he had 4 Super Bowl rings and 3 SB MVPs to confirm his place in the firmament. Yet off he went to KC. At the age of 37.

In Wisconsin, we have around 5.5 million people, for whom Favre is GOD, with one Super Bowl ring and three NFL MVPs to confirm his place in the firmament.

I'm not getting in to the whole Montana/Favre debate. I'm just saying that if playing for another team can happen to an icon like Montana, it can happen to an icon like Favre.

Do you think anyone in the Bay Area could have conceived of Montana in anything than a 49er jersey? But it happened.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure you can get more beloved than Favre in Wisconsin. It goes beyond his stats and his championships. He's a Wisconsin type dude. He has his faults (drinking), but he's a tough SOB that people took to. To say anybody was MORE beloved than Favre in Wisconsin is a stretch. I can agree with AS beloved.
:D

Noodle
09-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, it'd be a tough debate to win Harv, but you'd be amazed how much Montana was loved in the bay area. Similar deal to Favre. The 49ers had sucked for years, then here comes this savior who specialized in come from behind, miracle victories, like The Catch against Dallas (a team Favre could never beat when it mattered). And 4 SB wins will buy you a ton of love from any sports fan.

But obviously I'll agree with you that Favre is a God in Wisconsin, and I don't think his drinking hurt that status one bit, at least no one at the bars I frequent ever complained. Not to get to socialogical, but it is kind of interesting, because, on the whole, us folks in Wisconsin don't usually think too highly of anyone south of the MD.

Anyway, even if I agree that Montana and Favre are a wash from the beloved standpoint, the deal remains that if Montana could wear a KC jersey, then Favre could wear a Dolphins jersey.

And the sun would still come up in the moring. Though it might be a little dimmer.

BEARMAN
09-04-2006, 12:24 AM
I am not going to touch this one guys, Much respect for your love of your QB, it must be along the same lines as ours for Walter. I my eyes(as well as the BEAR nation) there will never be a better RB , ever, in the NFL !

GO BEARS !

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2006, 12:26 AM
If Favre had a bad year and McCarthy and Thompson knew that ARod was ready to lead this team next year AND Favre wanted to play longer, then I wouldn't be opposed to it. Maybe he could go out a winner. He started with Atlanta. Reggie started in Philly and ended in Carolina.

I'm hopeful Favre has a good year, Green Bay shows improvement, and the old warhorse comes back for one more year--giving ARod one more year to develop.

Noodle
09-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I am not going to touch this one guys, Much respect for your love of your QB, it must be along the same lines as ours for Walter. I my eyes(as well as the BEAR nation) there will never be a better RB , ever, in the NFL !

Well, Bearman, Ahman Green agrees with you, so I'm not about to tangle with you on that point. Good post.

Maybe Harv is right that ARod can sit for another year, but I just think it's to his benefit, and more importantly, to the Pack's benefit, if we find out next year whether he's the guy. And he can't be the guy if Favre's still suiting up.

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 12:43 AM

GO BEARS !

I think it's exactly along those lines ...

I am no Bears fan, but I respect Walter Payton. I thought it was total B.S. the way Emmitt Smith hung on well after he was worn out in order to break the rushing yardage record.

Kind of the same way I rooted against Bruce Smith pulling the same thing to edge out Reggie's sacks record.

Exactly like the way I'm rooting against Barry Bonds in his drug-enabled attempt to take Hank Aaron's home run record.

woodbuck27
09-04-2006, 01:05 AM

Brett Favre can't win with the media.

Favre says and I paraphrase

" the team has a long ways to go in a short time remaining " before the season opener and that's a correct statement yet. .

the Media spin is: Favre giving up ! Moses !!

NO ! He's being what I've always seen in him. ONLY. . .

HONEST. Not giving up. . .

Favre giving up at the start of the Season? Favre giving up at the start of a game? At the start of (YOU fill in the blank) ?

Uhhh? Are YOU kidding... Member's of the media.

Brett Favre hasn't gotten there. To giving up. . . as that's not in Brett Favre at the start of anything he's committed to.

NewsBruin
09-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Meh, I can see Favre as a Cardinal before I see him as a Dolphin or Cowboy.

But it would require:

--Ted Thompson not wanting Favre to be the starter anymore, which I don't see happening, unless there was a dramatic falloff and similarly dramatic play of Aaron Rogers or Ingle Martin(?). Think Majikowski/Favre scenario.

--Favre wanting to continue to play starting quarterback.

--Some team with enough pieces to succeed, except for a starting QB, that specifically wants Brett, his contract terms, and his limited career expectancy. I don't see many teams that value Brett as highly as we do, and I don't see Brett suiting up for clipboard or tutor duty.

--A deal that would give Ted Thompson enough to make the cap bite and PR horror for giving away Brett worthy. It seems more possible in that Thompson doesn't really put public opinion in his decision-making ability, but someone in the organization would tell him in no uncertain terms that his job would be on the line unless he could make immediate and long-term magic from such a deal. Thompson would know if he failed, all blame would get piled on his shoulders and no one else's. Even if he made a great deal, there's no guarantee Thompson would survive it.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 09:27 AM
You heard me. There are around six million people in the San Francisco Bay Area. To them, Montana was GOD, and he had 4 Super Bowl rings and 3 SB MVPs to confirm his place in the firmament. Yet off he went to KC. At the age of 37.

In Wisconsin, we have around 5.5 million people, for whom Favre is GOD, with one Super Bowl ring and three NFL MVPs to confirm his place in the firmament.

I'm not getting in to the whole Montana/Favre debate. I'm just saying that if playing for another team can happen to an icon like Montana, it can happen to an icon like Favre.

Do you think anyone in the Bay Area could have conceived of Montana in anything than a 49er jersey? But it happened.

I lived in the Bay area during the Montana years. First off, half of those people are/were Raider fans even though the Raiders were still in LA. Secondly, they had Steve Young waiting in the wings. And Young had gotten extensive playing time while Montana was hurt, and he looked great. People knew there would be life after Montana for the 49ers. And lastly, people in the Bay area don't worry about players embracing their commnity. Not everybody wants to be in Wisconsin, so when players like Favre and Reggie embrace the community, we embrace them back a little more than many places would. Therefore it hurts more to lose them.

While Joe was and is loved in the Bay area, I don't think his status ever approached that of Favre's in Wisconsin. Just ask a Raider fan.

IMO