PDA

View Full Version : RIP Trapper John

wist43
12-31-2015, 10:56 PM
Actor and Investor Wayne Rogers has passed at the age of 82.

I was always a fan of MASH, but really prefer the early episodes with Wayne Rogers and McClean Stevenson.

Rogers was a regular guest on financial shows - as he retired from acting and became a full-time investment adviser. Very savvy guy.

RIP

Patler
01-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Actor and Investor Wayne Rogers has passed at the age of 82.

I was always a fan of MASH, but really prefer the early episodes with Wayne Rogers and McClean Stevenson.

Rogers was a regular guest on financial shows - as he retired from acting and became a full-time investment adviser. Very savvy guy.

RIP

I preferred the movie with Donald Sutherland and Elliot Gould to the TV series, but I did enjoy the TV series a lot. For me, the TV characters of Trapper John and B.J. Hunnicut were a toss-up, no preference of one over the other. I preferred Harry Morgan's character to MacLean Stevenson's character.

I always found the TV series to be very interesting. From week to week you never knew if it would be a simple, silly, humorous storyline, or a serious one with just a few funny lines.

pbmax
01-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Right on the heels of Doug Atkins, Lemmy and Meadowlark Lemon.

mraynrand
01-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Damn. Liked that guy.

Want to see the pinstripe suit of all time?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3f/cc/4e/3fcc4e47b939fa5981cc89ec5746acf1.jpghttps://leahmorrigan.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/trapper-john-2.png?w=300&h=225

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2016, 05:17 PM
I never liked Rogers. I hated Alan Alda and MacLean Stevenson and Mash in general - I won't say why since politics ain't supposed to be in this area hahahaha.

hoosier
01-01-2016, 07:35 PM
I preferred the movie with Donald Sutherland and Elliot Gould to the TV series, but I did enjoy the TV series a lot. For me, the TV characters of Trapper John and B.J. Hunnicut were a toss-up, no preference of one over the other. I preferred Harry Morgan's character to MacLean Stevenson's character.

I always found the TV series to be very interesting. From week to week you never knew if it would be a simple, silly, humorous storyline, or a serious one with just a few funny lines.

Yup, movie was infinitely better than the tv series. Sutherland and Gould, the pros from Dover, make that thing go.

mraynrand
01-02-2016, 01:08 AM
I never liked Rogers. I hated Alan Alda and MacLean Stevenson and Mash in general - I won't say why since politics ain't supposed to be in this area hahahaha.

as usual, you have it totally backwards.

mraynrand
01-02-2016, 01:11 AM
I liked the movie a lot, but the first three seasons of the TV show were about as great as a sitcom can ever be.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2016, 05:16 AM
as usual, you have it totally backwards.

How so? Certainly you're not gonna tell me Alda and Stevenson and the Mash show in general didn't have a pretty horrible outlook on that unmentionable topic, are you? You know what the show was all about and how it slanted as much as I do. Even though it was mildly entertaining, are you really gonna stand up and praise Mash - or its actors or characters? I haven't read anything to say Wayne Rogers quit it for any reasons relating to disgust with the propaganda aspect of the show.

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 06:44 AM
FACTS and the TV Series M*A*S*H:

** M*A*S*H - One of the highest-rated TV shows in television history.

** M*A*S*H ran from September 17, 1972 to February 28, 1983. It had 256 episodes and lasted 11 full seasons

** The final installment of M*A*S*H "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" was the most-watched and highest-rated single television episode in U.S. television history at the time. 125 million viewers and a 60.2 rating.

** M*A*S*H is broadcast to this time in syndication on TV stations. The series depicted events occurring during three-year's of 'the Korean' War'. A side note... My dear friend living in New Brunswick, Canada ... former Canadian Army Sargent - Mr. Joseph 'Joe' Black (a Hero) who spent his working years in the military and retired to farming near my Country Home, served with distinction in the Korean War. One of my early memories and TV broadcasting - early 1950's and at the Saturday Matinees when I was a wee lad was News Reels of the Korean War. I was intrigued with M*A*S*H.

This thread isn't about the specifics and did you like or dislike the show or how did you feel about the TV Series Vs the Movie version.

This thread announces the death of one of the actors who had an important role in M*A*S*H. The man who played Trapper John on the TV series Mr. Wayne Rodgers has passed away at the ripe older age of 82.

Mr Wayne Rodgers...Trapper John....THANKS for the memories and .............R.I.P

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 06:47 AM
FACTS and the TV Series M*A*S*H:

** M*A*S*H - One of the highest-rated TV shows in television history.

** M*A*S*H ran from September 17, 1972 to February 28, 1983. It had 256 episodes and lasted 11 full seasons

** The final installment of M*A*S*H "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen" was the most-watched and highest-rated single television episode in U.S. television history at the time. 125 million viewers and a 60.2 rating.

** M*A*S*H is broadcast to this time in syndication on TV stations. The series depicted events occurring during three-year's of 'the Korean' War'. A side note... My dear friend living in New Brunswick, Canada ... former Canadian Army Sargent - Mr. Joseph 'Joe' Black (a Hero) who spent his working years in the military and retired to farming near my Country Home, served with distinction in the Korean War. One of my early memories and TV broadcasting - early 1950's and at the Saturday Matinees when I was a wee lad was News Reels of the Korean War. I was intrigued with M*A*S*H.

This thread isn't about the specifics and did you like or dislike the show or how did you feel about the TV Series Vs the Movie version.

This thread announces the death of one of the actors who had an important role in M*A*S*H. The man who played Trapper John on the TV series Mr. Wayne Rodgers has passed away at the ripe older age of 82.

Mr Wayne Rodgers...Trapper John....THANKS for the memories and .............R.I.P

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 07:10 AM
OK ..........Things are back to normal...yet I'll leave this post as is for posterity.

Hi Mad:

For some reason when I tried to edit Post #10 (this thread) it goes to a blank page.

Specifically Mad:

Reposting (#10) after a copy and edit to post that edited version....at post #11 >>> and that resulted in >>> *** the original error *** on post #10 being sustained.

See the R-I P. bolded format at the bottom of Post #10 which I endeavoured to correct...and that remains 'in error...*** the 's ....bracketing the R.I.P. I cannot edit to remove those [b}'s.
I just thought I'd pass this on Mad.... just in case it might fall under the category... Packerrats software glitch.

HAPPY NEW YEAR my Friend. [B]As always...Thank You for Packerrats. :glug:

Ed.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Again .....See Post #12......please ignore this post as things have returned to A...OK !

Mad the same thing happened again on attempting an Edit on Post #12,

Selecting >>> Edit Post and the page goes blank.

Sorry for the screw up of this thread and my reports here.

Please make a note of this issue (it may be just something weird) and if you can (want to) >>> delete posts 10...and the report posts #12 and this as well or #13. That if that's possible Mad....will help mend this thread.

woodbuck27
01-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Some trivia and Actor Wayne Rogers as Trapper John McIntyre:

Wayne Rogers as Trapper John.... was planning a return for season 4. Instead he suddenly withdrew over a contract issue. He disliked having too much in his opinion of a supporting role to Alan Alda (Hawkeye), and threatening to leave since season 1.

His departure was unexpected and, unlike that of McLean Stevenson, no onscreen farewell was used.... yet... see below.

Actor Mike Farrell replaced Wayne Rogers, during the 1975 summer production. He came in in that season's final episode ... entitled "Welcome to Korea".

Mike Farrell played Captain B.J. Hunnicutt on M*A*S*H.

This is funny:

Trapper John....was described by Radar.... As being so jubilant over his release. "He got drunk for two days, took off all his clothes, and ran naked through the mess tent with no clothes on." LOL :whaa:

He had Radar promise to give Hawkeye a kiss as 'a final farewell message'.

I enjoyed Radar 'a bunch' on that awesome series.