PDA

View Full Version : All NFC North Team

Patler
01-03-2016, 03:40 AM
McGinn's yearly survey of personnel guys from each team, to rank players in the division.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/364045961.html

Interesting this year:

Sitton - unanimous
Lang - unanimous
Bakhtiari - 1st with 8 of a possible 9 points
Linsley - 1st with 8 of a possible 9 points
Bulaga- 2nd with 7 of a possible 9 points (Long was 1st with 8 points)

mraynrand
01-03-2016, 08:06 AM
McGinn's yearly survey of personnel guys from each team, to rank players in the division.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/364045961.html

Interesting this year:

Sitton - unanimous
Lang - unanimous
Bakhtiari - 1st with 8 of a possible 9 points
Linsley - 1st with 8 of a possible 9 points
Bulaga- 2nd with 7 of a possible 9 points (Long was 1st with 8 points)

Packers have a pretty good offensive line when healthy. Problem is, it is never even close to healthy. So what is new in GB?

pbmax
01-03-2016, 09:04 AM
I think McGinn's scouts are day drinking. Long didn't eve play RT for the majority of the year. He was at RG.

Sitton was on fumes this year. Lang might have had the better year despite Sitton normally being the superior player.

Patler
01-03-2016, 10:33 AM
I think McGinn's scouts are day drinking. Long didn't eve play RT for the majority of the year. He was at RG.

Sitton was on fumes this year. Lang might have had the better year despite Sitton normally being the superior player.

Long has been at RT all year, since training camp, hasn't he? He started game #1 against the Packers at RT. Announcers made a big deal about it.

Was Sitton worse than the other LGs in the division? He wasn't competing against Lang in the evaluation, only the 3 LGs from MN, Detroit and Chicago. Both he and Lang were unanimous at their positions.

pbmax
01-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Long has been at RT all year, since training camp, hasn't he? He started game #1 against the Packers at RT. Announcers made a big deal about it.

Was Sitton worse than the other LGs in the division? He wasn't competing against Lang in the evaluation, only the 3 LGs from MN, Detroit and Chicago. Both he and Lang were unanimous at their positions.

Yeah, that's my bad. He played both last year and then after an offseason where they promised he would stay at one position, he practiced in camp at both RG and RT, but debuted versus the Packers at RT and stayed there. So I owe Bob and his scouts an apology. I though he switch back to RG after a bad start.

If Sitton was the best LG in the Division, then it was a tough year for the position.

Patler
01-03-2016, 11:12 AM
If Sitton was the best LG in the Division, then it was a tough year for the position.

I think you could say the same about Bakhtiari and LT.

mraynrand
01-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I hate McClickbait's all-NFC North article. I never read it because it's conceptually stupid and largely pointless. It's like the awards ceremony at a four kid gymnastics meet.