PDA

View Full Version : DeadSkins

Infamous
01-04-2016, 06:12 AM
I am amazed that the Pack is the only road underdog next week, especially against such a moribund franchise! Im From Milwaukee but came to grad school Georgetown in '93 and been in DC/Prince Georges county ever since. I live shouting distance from FedEx field and know all about the false hope that fans of this team have had since the bruce smith/deion sanders-led sqaud laid some monumental eggs. If GB loses this game it will rival any epic playoff disaster i can recall since sherman era.

DEFINITELY excited to rock all my packer gear to the gym this week; really cool that Washingtonians are rabid fans like GB except more african american in contrast to wisconsin

Carolina_Packer
01-04-2016, 06:51 AM
If they can play the 4th quarter offense from the get go in this upcoming game, they have a better chance. Go down swinging.

I'm surprised they aren't incorporating Jered Abbrederis more, especially since A-Rod said he though he should be more involved. I think they need to grow a guy in this offense, and they need a spark.

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 07:02 AM
If they can play the 4th quarter offense from the get go in this upcoming game, they have a better chance. Go down swinging.

I'm surprised they aren't incorporating Jered Abbrederis more, especially since A-Rod said he though he should be more involved. I think they need to grow a guy in this offense, and they need a spark.

Packers secondary cannot handle Garcon - he is a beast. Offense is moribund. Injuns 27 - Stubbies 10

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Packers secondary cannot handle Garcon - he is a beast. Offense is moribund. Injuns 27 - Stubbies 10

Have to agree, not sure I remember such a epic collapse as we have witnessed with this offense. They just seem, well, sorta pathetic...

Tony Oday
01-04-2016, 08:16 AM
They sandbaged against the Vikings ;) We win this one running away, 35-17

pbmax
01-04-2016, 08:43 AM

There is someone else I am more worried about:

Game Game Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece
No. Age Pos G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb
86 Jordan Reed 25 te 14 9 114 87 952 10.9 11 32 6.2 68.0 952 11 3
88 Pierre Garcon 29 WR 16 16 111 72 777 10.8 6 39 4.5 48.6 777 6 0

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 08:44 AM
^^^ I'm just getting started

pbmax
01-04-2016, 08:46 AM
^^^ I'm just getting started

Fair enough. I'll stop interrupting except to say this week Quarless breaks out.

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Would it hurt to try a slant? Packers used to be able to run and complete that pass. Or are they just afraid that the protection only allows a 'first window' throw and that they can't hold until the WR clears the LB. Or that Adams couldn't catch a cold at this point.

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 09:57 AM
Redskins have the most complete group of pass catchers in the NFL. Garcon is consistent. Reed is a monster. And Crowder,Jackson, Grant all have speed and can make plays. I'm hoping that Kirk Cousins just shrinks in the moment in his first postseason game and gives us the ball multiple times. Otherwise this could be a long game. On paper we are over matched. Snyder is like the anti-Ted Thompson, constantly tinkering with trades and free agents....he's finally got it lined up. This team is full of talent.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Would it hurt to try a slant? Packers used to be able to run and complete that pass. Or are they just afraid that the protection only allows a 'first window' throw and that they can't hold until the WR clears the LB. Or that Adams couldn't catch a cold at this point.

Defenses have evolved numerous ways to deal with the slant, so its not universally available like it was versus a 4-3 Under with 2 safeties deep. Remember Bill Walsh built this offense to beat the Steel Curtain.

But the guy best able to run the slant is Adams so trust is an issue. Jones can run it too, but even before he left, it was featured less and less with him. Not sure why.

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Redskins have the most complete group of pass catchers in the NFL. Garcon is consistent. Reed is a monster. And Crowder,Jackson, Grant all have speed and can make plays. I'm hoping that Kirk Cousins just shrinks in the moment in his first postseason game and gives us the ball multiple times. Otherwise this could be a long game. On paper we are over matched. Snyder is like the anti-Ted Thompson, constantly tinkering with trades and free agents....he's finally got it lined up. This team is full of talent.

The key is to bother Cousins. He can be very good, but he usually stinks it up under pressure. So Capers will play off coverage :)

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm hoping MM kept Janis and Abby on the bench to save some different looks for the postseason. There is no reason these two should not be getting more snaps.

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2016, 11:06 AM

Well, not so much actually. He used to go all spendy and stuff, but on offense that really isn't the case anymore. Yes, he signed Garcon and Jackson (who's good when he's healthy), but otherwise his starting QB, RB, TE and entire starting OL were drafted by Washington.

On defense, it's about 50/50 draft vs FA. The FA have been with the team for several years. He's gone much more the draft route in recent years with a big FA signing when needed. I wouldn't call him the anti-TT anymore. He's actually learned how TT builds a roster through the draft and has gone far more the TT route than his past head-scratching Snyder signings.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 11:07 AM
At this point its clear the coaches trust Abby and Janis less than Rodgers, or Abby, at least, would have seen his snaps increase.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Well, not so much actually. He used to go all spendy and stuff, but on offense that really isn't the case anymore. Yes, he signed Garcon and Jackson (who's good when he's healthy), but otherwise his starting QB, RB, TE and entire starting OL were drafted by Washington.

On defense, it's about 50/50 draft vs FA. The FA have been with the team for several years. He's gone much more the draft route in recent years with a big FA signing when needed. I wouldn't call him the anti-TT anymore. He's actually learned how TT builds a roster through the draft and has gone far more the TT route than his past head-scratching Snyder signings.

Scot McCloughan can flat out scout.

Guiness
01-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Despite the team's play last night, I think this is a winnable game. Cousins has improved as the year went on and hasn't given up INTs at the rate he used to, but is still very willing to force the ball. If Shields is back, and how well he plays will make a big difference in this game.

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Well you are right Snyder has found more of a balance between free agents and the draft. I guess my point was he isn't afraid to make big trades, or sign top level free agent skill position players. They have drafted really well, but Garcon and Jackson are their 2 best wrs. That's nothing to sneeze at. My hope is Ted finds some of the balance that Snyder has found in recent years.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Well you are right Snyder has found more of a balance between free agents and the draft. I guess my point was he isn't afraid to make big trades, or sign top level free agent skill position players. They have drafted really well, but Garcon and Jackson are their 2 best wrs. That's nothing to sneeze at. My hope is Ted finds some of the balance that Snyder has found in recent years.

They were 9-7 in a terrible Division. And they still might not have a QB. I don't disagree with the prescription as much as I doubt this is the model. Except for McCloughan.

Bossman641
01-04-2016, 12:02 PM
I think this is a winnable game for the Pack but I'm worried Reed is going to give us fits.

Tony Oday
01-04-2016, 12:33 PM
The Redskins are not a good football team. The Packers will crush them and the it's off for revenge in the desert!

woodbuck27
01-04-2016, 01:13 PM
The key is to bother Cousins. He can be very good, but he usually stinks it up under pressure. So Capers will play off coverage :)

A week or so ago. Cousins was the Top Passing QB % wise in the NFL.

This young man has a load of talent and I've aways saw that.

Some how Capers has to disrupt his ability to complete the pass. It's one game now and an all out approach has to be the order for each game.

The Packers will win Vs The Redskins. Otherweise Packer Nation will be expecting major change in the OPacker Management and Coaching staff.

When I look at our team Vs the TOP Teams in the NFL I see clearly that the Green Bay Packers lack athleticism (speed). I want to see inspiration through aggression. WEe have CM III and Julius Peppers. Do we have enough in terms of support for what they bring to the table?

That's up to Ted Thompson too get the correct response in TRUTH to that question to here in terms of superior talent and for MM and his staff to mold that talent. We're seeing the Packer WRs run bad routes. That doesn't take advatage of Aaron Rodgers arm. What's up with our WR's Coach? It's a big end zone and field so design routes that separate defenders and take advantage of A. Rodgers strong arm.

3 WR's running together to one side of the End Zone leaves it it almost like 'a prayer and wish' approach.

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 02:17 PM
They were 9-7 in a terrible Division. And they still might not have a QB. I don't disagree with the prescription as much as I doubt this is the model. Except for McCloughan.

Cousins has more tds in his last 2 1/2 games than Aaron does in his last 7. They have depth and versatility in the passing game. They aren't a great team, but they are absolutely headed in the right direction. Snyder deserves credit for that, just as he deserved blame for the previous decade of futility.

We may beat them, I doubt it, but maybe. You can dismiss them, but you will see they are a far more talented team than we are right now come Sunday.

King Friday
01-04-2016, 06:51 PM
This team is full of talent.

Except on defense...where they are one of the league's worst.

King Friday
01-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Cousins has more tds in his last 2 1/2 games than Aaron does in his last 7.

Well, why bother to even play the game then? Just hand Cousins the MVP.

denverYooper
01-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Packers put the screws to Washington and win 35-13. They sack Cousins 6 times and the talking heads start talking about how Green Bay has "that look".

All the people who scrambled off of the Packers bandwagon are scrambling to get back on.

Get the seats while they're cheap, kids.

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Well, why bother to even play the game then? Just hand Cousins the MVP.

I'm not saying we don't have a chance. To me its a coinflip game. I'm responding to the narrative that the Redskins and Cousins are not a legit playoff team. They are playing good football down the stretch. And Cousins and his weapons have been outplaying Rodgers and his lately. Sorry if the truth offends you.

Tony Oday
01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
They are in the playoffs because you have to have an NFL East team.

Mazzin
01-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Don't remember the source, (sure I can find it) but the redskins played against 3 winning teams (over .500) and have lost all three. They got in because their division is terrible, although they are talented, I just can't see us losing. On top of it Rodgers says he isn't worried, and the team will show up. Let's have some faith in our guy!

P.s. missed you filthy rats!

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Tank!

Mazzin
01-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Tank!

.......and suddenly I remember why I quit posting, and lost interest in this forum....tank was the biggest troll, he has turned you guys into trolls as well i see

Infamous
01-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Tank!

wow! Tank is a blast from the past!

AMAZING that most people appear to be picking the Skins in this game; even usually-staunch AR advocates like Stephen A. Smith..people are such prisoners of the moment bc of all the records Kirk Cousins has set and his higher-than-AR QB rating this year.

Pack SHOULD blow them out!! 38-14 i predict

Infamous
01-05-2016, 03:19 PM
They are in the playoffs because you have to have an NFL East team.

+1

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
.......and suddenly I remember why I quit posting, and lost interest in this forum....tank was the biggest troll, he has turned you guys into trolls as well i see

I'm just kidding around. Relax, and keep posting. :)

pbmax
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz 23m23 minutes ago
Packers are 14th team to make playoffs with positive DVOA but negative weighted DVOA. 9 of these teams 0-1, 3 went 1-1, & 93 Bills lost SB.

Few played the Redskins though.

Infamous
01-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Packers put the screws to Washington and win 35-13. They sack Cousins 6 times and the talking heads start talking about how Green Bay has "that look".

All the people who scrambled off of the Packers bandwagon are scrambling to get back on.

Get the seats while they're cheap, kids.

I believe as we get closer to gameday folks will garner more faith in the Pack..im NOT an AR fan by any stretch but certain he will ball out!! 350 yards 4 TDs 50 rush yards

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 03:30 PM
The GB offense can't even outscore the opposition defense. 27-10 in favor of the screamin' injuns. Will wampum but good.

Infamous
01-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Im watching the Jon Gruden show on local TV and Skins appear to be more occupied with stopping Lacy and Starks, not talking much about #12. At least not yet..he's a condescending fellow, but im banking on AR kicking arse tomorrow

im a little scared of Jordan Reed; really coming into his own

HATE Gruden's voice

Infamous
01-09-2016, 06:10 PM
The GB offense can't even outscore the opposition defense. 27-10 in favor of the screamin' injuns. Will wampum but good.

lol...isn't that a lil racist? Injuns?

Rastak
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM

That's better than Redskins on the racism front.

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Are you the internet police? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19w9MAbInj4

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 07:23 PM
That's better than Redskins on the racism front.

I'll be sure to consult you when I need injustices ranked! :)

Rastak
01-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I'll be sure to consult you when I need injustices ranked! :)

There is a very low demand for that unfortunately for me......:-P

esoxx
01-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Im watching the Jon Gruden show on local TV and Skins appear to be more occupied with stopping Lacy and Starks, not talking much about #12. At least not yet..he's a condescending fellow, but im banking on AR kicking arse tomorrow

im a little scared of Jordan Reed; really coming into his own

HATE Gruden's voice

Wouldn't that be the Jay Gruden show?

Pugger
01-09-2016, 11:35 PM

On offense, yes. On defense? Not so much. They are ranked #28 in overall yards yielded per game in the league. They aren't that much better against the pass or the run. IF we can muster any kind of offense we can win this game.

ThunderDan
01-09-2016, 11:43 PM

You do know the Redskins have had 3 winning seasons in the last 10 years and they wouldn't be in the playoffs if the weren't in the NFC East.

They haven't won a playoff game since the 2005 season. I'll take TTs way over Snyders.

Tony Oday
01-10-2016, 10:14 PM
The Redskins are not a good football team. The Packers will crush them and the it's off for revenge in the desert!

The the truth shall set you free.

beveaux1
01-10-2016, 10:39 PM
They sandbaged against the Vikings ;) We win this one running away, 35-17

Now this is an on the money prediction! Way to check that crystal ball.

yetisnowman
01-10-2016, 10:59 PM
You do know the Redskins have had 3 winning seasons in the last 10 years and they wouldn't be in the playoffs if the weren't in the NFC East.

They haven't won a playoff game since the 2005 season. I'll take TTs way over Snyders.

I will concede. I underestimated the pack and overestimated the skins. Well executed on all fronts.

Infamous
01-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Wouldn't that be the Jay Gruden show?

lol

denverYooper
01-11-2016, 05:53 AM
I usually listen to Mike & Mike during my drive in to work. All week long, they were gushing over how they thought Washington was going to win. All of their guests (Gruden of course, Billick, Peter King) said the same thing. They barely even spoke about the Packers.

I'm sure it will be more of the same about AZ, although the Cardinals are a much more complete team.

Carolina_Packer
01-11-2016, 06:05 AM
I usually listen to Mike & Mike during my drive in to work. All week long, they were gushing over how they thought Washington was going to win. All of their guests (Gruden of course, Billick, Peter King) said the same thing. They barely even spoke about the Packers.

I'm sure it will be more of the same about AZ, although the Cardinals are a much more complete team.

Got 'em right where we want 'em! :-)

Tony Oday
01-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Missed by one :(

pbmax
01-11-2016, 12:30 PM

The world's greatest collection of front runners.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 01:54 PM
The world's greatest collection of front runners.

MY favorite Gruden moments are when he is on a long-winded congratulatory exposition of player A, just heaping praise on player A like he's the guys mother, then as he's spouting, player A fucks up royally and Gruden starts sputtering until Mike Treacle bails him out.

Guden: "A is just an amazing receiver, just catches everything that comes in his zip code. Uh, uh..."
Treacle: "Oh, and the ball slips through A's fingers and is picked off!!"

Gruden: "ya know, Mike, that just can't happen to a great player like A. He's got to make that catch!!! Come on!!"

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 01:56 PM
dp