PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Offensive Bust this Year

Bossman641
01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Who was the biggest regular season bust? Cast your vote in hopes of turning things around in the postseason.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Hard to go wrong here.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Hollie mofos love blaming Adams but he isn't one of the NFLs highest paid at his position.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Does 'other' mean the whole team?

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
This thread makes me feel like a Cleveland fan.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Daaammmmnnn!! Like that homie? Shit, I don't know that feels like. You old folks are making me worrying this shit is gonna turn into the 70s/80s.

Joemailman
01-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Lacy. I think a lot of his troubles were due to his own laziness in the offseason. Rodgers and Cobb, although not blameless, were somewhat affected by the situation at WR which was out of their control. Adams is only in his 2nd year, so I'll give him a pass for now.

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm waiting til after the postseason to vote. I know technically it says 2015, but to me its a vote that must consider every game. Examining the question is a disturbing one. Since week 3 vs KC, (which I would say is the Pack's last great offensive performance) Cobb, Lacy, and Adams have a combined 5 tds. 13 weeks, 5 tds. That's an insane lack of production from your top 3 skill players going into the season, with Jordy being hurt.

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Rodgers, I think he struggles when the talent around him isn't sufficent. He demonstrated this year that he wasn't good enough to rally a team in struggle.

MadScientist
01-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Lacy has gone from workhorse to mule.
Cobb is paid like a #1 and mostly looks like a pile of #2
Adams was expected to take a second year jump and instead took a second year dump.
Rodgers was supposed to play like an MVP, and is barely playing like a Fuckdoggle.

All of the above is needed in the poll.

woodbuck27
01-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Hard to go wrong here.

Holla !

Then it's 'a Hard' Turd.

woodbuck27
01-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Lacy has gone from workhorse to mule.
Cobb is paid like a #1 and mostly looks like a pile of #2
Adams was expected to take a second year jump and instead took a second year dump.
Rodgers was supposed to play like an MVP, and is barely playing like a Fuckdoggle.

All of the above is needed in the poll.

fuckdoodle - A person who is extremly idiotic and immature, a childish retard. :???:

Aaron's going to find you....beat you up !

woodbuck27
01-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Daaammmmnnn!! Like that homie? Shit, I don't know that feels like. You old folks are making me worrying this shit is gonna turn into the 70s/80s.

Hahahahahahahaha

Exactly Mad...we're doomed.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Endorse the Public hanging of TT and MM.

After................... their Tared and Feathered.

woodbuck27
01-04-2016, 05:13 PM

Now there...some informative intelligence in that post.

There is hope for you on the planet Zoorf !

Joemailman
01-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm waiting til after the postseason to vote. I know technically it says 2015, but to me its a vote that must consider every game. Examining the question is a disturbing one. Since week 3 vs KC, (which I would say is the Pack's last great offensive performance) Cobb, Lacy, and Adams have a combined 5 tds. 13 weeks, 5 tds. That's an insane lack of production from your top 3 skill players going into the season, with Jordy being hurt.

You really think something will happen in the postseason to affect your vote? Seems to me the die is cast. The offense is broken and won't be fixed this year. Any chance of playoff success rests with the defense.

beveaux1
01-04-2016, 05:16 PM

I think what amazes me the most is that James Jones, a free agent pick up cut by two teams, is the most productive offensive player on the team. In contrast, the rest of the skill position players, for whatever reason, have had poor seasons. In many cases, the worst of their career. A Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Adams, even Starks, have failed to produce on a consistent basis, and have had physical and mental errors that have lead to losses. I believe Patler mentioned in one thread that this offense is basically unable to score a touchdown inside the red zone. He's right. That's a strong indictment on the total lack of playmakers on this team. It also shows why I can't vote on this poll. Other than Jones and possibly R Rodgers, everyone is culpable. This offense, since the San Diego game, is the Cowboys offense minus Tony Romo.

beveaux1
01-04-2016, 05:19 PM
What a waste that the best defensive team we've had since 2010 is shackled to this offense.

Fritz
01-04-2016, 05:23 PM
What a waste that the best defensive team we've had since 2010 is shackled to this offense.

I blame the offensive coaches and MM. This offense worked for a few games, then teams adjusted their defenses, and the same talent that made it look easy the first four games now have a harder time scoring than I did when I was in college. And that's pretty bad.

MadScientist
01-04-2016, 05:48 PM
fuckdoodle - A person who is extremly idiotic and immature, a childish retard. :???:

Aaron's going to find you....beat you up !

I said Fuckdoggle, not Fuckdoodle. Read the Fuckdoggle thread for for further details.

Joemailman
01-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Why wasn't this in the poll?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/04082008/2/b/9/4/2b9493ffe9b300_full.jpg

yetisnowman
01-04-2016, 06:44 PM
You really think something will happen in the postseason to affect your vote? Seems to me the die is cast. The offense is broken and won't be fixed this year. Any chance of playoff success rests with the defense.

For me yes, just because I'm on the fence between a couple guys. It's possible one of them separates themselves with some leadership and playmaking during the biggest game of the season. I'm putting a lot of weight on what happens Sunday.

King Friday
01-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I put a lot on Lacy. He needed to step up when the WRs were banged up, and he was too busy staring at titties or video games. He got BENCHED for off the field related issues, which to me is completely unacceptable.

Adams is a very close second...the early injuries just seemed to derail his entire season and when he got back he was pressing too much and then lost confidence.

Cobb and Rodgers played poorly as well, but Cobb was constantly double teamed and Rodgers was playing behind a makeshift OL for half the season. They needed others to step up, and that rarely happened.

pbmax
01-04-2016, 06:59 PM
I think what amazes me the most is that James Jones, a free agent pick up cut by two teams, is the most productive offensive player on the team. In contrast, the rest of the skill position players, for whatever reason, have had poor seasons. In many cases, the worst of their career. A Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Adams, even Starks, have failed to produce on a consistent basis, and have had physical and mental errors that have lead to losses. I believe Patler mentioned in one thread that this offense is basically unable to score a touchdown inside the red zone. He's right. That's a strong indictment on the total lack of playmakers on this team. It also shows why I can't vote on this poll. Other than Jones and possibly R Rodgers, everyone is culpable. This offense, since the San Diego game, is the Cowboys offense minus Tony Romo.

And that his best year was this year. He had his highest season yardage total at a whopping 890 yards receiving.

hoosier
01-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Why wasn't this in the poll?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/04082008/2/b/9/4/2b9493ffe9b300_full.jpg

Where did you find Fritz's college pics?

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Now there...some informative intelligence in that post.

There is hope for you on the planet Zoorf !

I guess you would know, you illegal alien Zoorfian. Has everyone else on Zoorf had their brain removed?

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Joe, you beat me to it. Couldn't search for this at work:

http://blog.nj.com/eagles/2007/12/medium_Parcells.jpg

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 07:49 PM
I voted 'other'

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015817/rs_1024x759-150917101410-1024.Turd-Ferguson-Jeopardy-SNLjpg.jpg

George Cumby
01-04-2016, 08:15 PM
ProBowl bound Error Rodgers.

smuggler
01-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Went with Adams. Also considered Cobb. Offensive line more deserving of a spot on the ballot than Lacy, as far as I'm concerned.

George Cumby
01-04-2016, 08:22 PM
So many turds, only one vote. Sigh.........

mraynrand
01-04-2016, 09:42 PM
ProBowl bound Error Rodgers.

Error Rodgers, Errin' Rodgers. I like it. If it stops now. :)

MadtownPacker
01-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Went with Adams. Also considered Cobb. Offensive line more deserving of a spot on the ballot than Lacy, as far as I'm concerned.Shocking!! When he goes off this weekend I will be ready to spoon feed you the shit you will have to eat.

Patler
01-05-2016, 03:41 AM
Adams was a disappointment only with respect to hopes for his performance. Yes, he had way too many drops, several brain farts and looked lethargic at times. I was disappointed in what he showed this year. On the other hand, he had 12 more receptions in 3 fewer games than in 2014. He didn't come close to what I hoped he would achieve. But, he is an unproven commodity. Our expectations for him were based on off season comments by coaches and AR, somewhat based on a solid, but not spectacular rookie season.

Cobb and AR on the other hand underperformed expectations based on past performances and the commitments of the organization as demonstrated by the contracts they were given, contracts that made them among the highest paid at their positions. These are the guys the organization has committed to. They are the ones who are expected to come through in the clutch, perform in adversity, etc. Both have been mediocre based on what we have seen from them in the past.

No comparison in my mind. Rodgers and Cobb were much more disappointing than Adams.