PDA

View Full Version : The D has been better, how hard should they try to keep it together?

Patler
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Guion
Raji
Perry
Neal
Hayward

All have been played a significant amount in the rotations used on D. The D finally seems to be coming around a bit. Is it necessary to try hard to keep any of them?

Joemailman
01-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I don't think it's necessary to keep both Guion and Raji. Pennel is decent and they'll be getting Josh Boyd back from IR next year. It would be nice to have Perry and Neal back. Not sure what their market will be like. If Hayward is offered a contract comparable to House and Tramon last year, I think they let him go. They've got some decent depth at CB.

Bossman641
01-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Hayward is gone. I'll say one of Perry/Neal is back...most likely Neal although it seems like he has peaked. I also think only one of Raji/Guion will be back....leaning towards Raji. He started off solid but has tailed off since the groin injury, can't imagine the market for him will be strong.

The problem (once again) will be the LB's. CM3 can be penciled in somewhere but everything else is up in the air. Barrington/Ryan doesn't provide much speed inside especially with Barrington coming off injury. Peppers still gets sacks but also disappears for long stretches.

It'd be nice if Elliott or a different late draft pick turned into a serious player for once.

Smidgeon
01-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Hayward is gone. I'll say one of Perry/Neal is back...most likely Neal although it seems like he has peaked. I also think only one of Raji/Guion will be back....leaning towards Raji. He started off solid but has tailed off since the groin injury, can't imagine the market for him will be strong.

The problem (once again) will be the LB's. CM3 can be penciled in somewhere but everything else is up in the air. Barrington/Ryan doesn't provide much speed inside especially with Barrington coming off injury. Peppers still gets sacks but also disappears for long stretches.

It'd be nice if Elliott or a different late draft pick turned into a serious player for once.

I'm with you on the prognostication, except I choose Perry over Neal. Injured a little more, but better setting the edge and more talent in general.

pbmax
01-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Hayward might slide by cheaply unless someone gets nervous about not landing a corner in the second of the three ways to build a team.

Production has been more limited than advertised, he might not have the speed anymore for outside and he was injured.