PDA

View Full Version : DEAR TRADER TED.....HERE'S AN IDEA

Bretsky
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/17494/dismayed-joe-thomas-may-seek-new-team-in-2016

pbmax
01-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Rand said he has been terrible and beat up.

Bretsky
01-05-2016, 10:58 PM
This is impossible anyways; Ted has left us pretty short at talent at too many positions so we can't afford to give up draft picks

esoxx
01-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Not only that, Ted rarely makes trades outside the draft. Not his MO.

pbmax
01-05-2016, 11:10 PM
This is impossible anyways; Ted has left us pretty short at talent at too many positions so we can't afford to give up draft picks

C'mon, you know better than that. They will get three replacements from bodies on the roster. One position will go undermanned because the draft doesn't fall right or is light in good prospects.

And he'll find two immediate guys in the draft. The worry isn't can you fix the list in the offseason. The worry is can you fix in this offseason what will go wrong next August.

Bretsky
01-05-2016, 11:23 PM
C'mon, you know better than that. They will get three replacements from bodies on the roster. One position will go undermanned because the draft doesn't fall right or is light in good prospects.

And he'll find two immediate guys in the draft. The worry isn't can you fix the list in the offseason. The worry is can you fix in this offseason what will go wrong next August.

I think what is painfully clear right now the gaping hole at the receiving position we have

We should not go from one of the best offenses in the NFL to jackshit because of Jordy Nelsons loss. I know we have had OL issues but the heart of the problem is our personell that is trying to get open.

Adams runs a 4.7 forty, rounds his patterns off, and drops balls. If he wasn't a 2nd round pick he'd have been on the bench long ago. He may just be Da Fraud #2.

James Jones runs a 5.5 forty, rounds patterns off, and is as good as he can get off of the back shoulder grabs and lobbed balls against crappy corners.

But Neither get open

Cobb is what he is ....a #2 WR who still only gets open sometimes before the routes go to free lance.

We don't play Abby or Janis so we have to assume they are sub par or MM has a love fest with I wish I were Allan Robsinson .....Adams............

Wide receivers sucking aside, we have made no effort to get a legitimate pass catching RB and our TE's who play run about a 6.5 forty and can be covered with AJ Hawk like talented LB's.

So we are left with a squad devoid of players who can create mismatches on defense regardless of whether there is protection or not.

Teams play us man to man and dominate us while Rodgers wanders around getting hit multiple times throwing nearly every pass with high pressure because nobody gets open.

And we still sit there with Clay Matthews being misused as a ILB....which is really all this defense needs.....a LEGIT ILB to allow Clay to begin to dominate anymore.

Do you have faith the lucky free agent signings will fix any of this ? It has not yet.

Most GM's analyze the draft and consider free agency as a source to help fill holes.

So when the draft does not fall our way we just end up the same holes......TE/ILB...etc....that has not worked lately.

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Who knows? Thomas sounds dispirited and disenchanted much of the time. He could revive elsewhere, but then what of Bacteria? Move to RT and have Bulaga be a backup? Maybe, but seems a stretch. Ted will want to draft, but it would be nice to have a draft like 2000 instead of the Sherrod pick.

mraynrand
01-05-2016, 11:36 PM
As long as we're talking about possible reclamation projects, how about Mario Williams? He doesn't like where he's at; he's a better 3-4 guy, and Peppers isn't getting any younger.

pbmax
01-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I think the receiver issue is an easier one to deal with because you can find a decent one in nearly any part of the draft. Also I think part of the issue has been around for some time and involves some changes in scheme.

You also get Nelson and Monty back.

I am a little worried here but its not my chief concern. More worried about O line and maybe getting another starter in front 7 on D.

pbmax
01-06-2016, 08:37 AM
As long as we're talking about possible reclamation projects, how about Mario Williams? He doesn't like where he's at; he's a better 3-4 guy, and Peppers isn't getting any younger.

Yep. He liked a 3-4 in Texas with Phillips and the Schwartz defense in Buffalo. Seems to have had a problem with Rex's multiple 4-3 this year.

Just like Peppers, would need him to meet with Dom to be sure, but its definitely worth a call. Ty Dunne has been saying if Rex stays he doesn't think Mario does.

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Rumor is that he'll be released by Buffalo in the offseason. He's got a 19.9M cap number. No way TT (or anyone really) trades for that.

mraynrand
01-06-2016, 09:47 AM
I think the receiver issue ....involves some changes in scheme....I am a little worried here but its not my chief concern. More worried about O line and maybe getting another starter in front 7 on D.

I agree. I think the answer is to shake up the O staff. Maybe let both Clements and Bennett move on and bring in a new guy with different experience. If Clements stays, pay him well and have him focus strictly on the QBs. Get a Strong WR coach (it might be The Pelt, but might be someone else). In any case, Stubby has to admit to himself that the offense is stale. My prediction is that he will attribute everything to injuries and will change virtually nothing, hoping the return of Nelson, the return of Lang, Sitton and Bacteria, a new offseason program for Lacy that involves less couch and fewer meals - and perhaps a new tackle in the draft - will solve everything.

pbmax
01-06-2016, 10:04 AM
^ Along with the return of Monty, that would solve most everything. However, it still leaves them vulnerable to very good defenses who can man up and pass rush with 4 or 5 while keeping Rodgers in line.

While that does seem like a limited O, its also the definition of the League best offense. Once a decade there is an offense that cannot be stopped by anyone. Even this year, the Cardinals were shut down by the Seachickens.

I just want him to solve the man coverage problem because its going to be the first thing good Defenses do to the re-constituted offense. Why force the D and ST to win the game when you know about the matchup problem ahead of time?

Their analytics people should be able to show them the decrease in production versus man.

Its kinda odd, because there was a time, as recently as 2009, where thought Rodgers and his receivers had trouble figuring out how to agree on attacking a zone with two safeties back.

3irty1
01-06-2016, 10:32 AM
I think what is painfully clear right now the gaping hole at the receiving position we have

We should not go from one of the best offenses in the NFL to jackshit because of Jordy Nelsons loss. I know we have had OL issues but the heart of the problem is our personell that is trying to get open.

Adams runs a 4.7 forty, rounds his patterns off, and drops balls. If he wasn't a 2nd round pick he'd have been on the bench long ago. He may just be Da Fraud #2.

James Jones runs a 5.5 forty, rounds patterns off, and is as good as he can get off of the back shoulder grabs and lobbed balls against crappy corners.

But Neither get open

Cobb is what he is ....a #2 WR who still only gets open sometimes before the routes go to free lance.

We don't play Abby or Janis so we have to assume they are sub par or MM has a love fest with I wish I were Allan Robsinson .....Adams............

Wide receivers sucking aside, we have made no effort to get a legitimate pass catching RB and our TE's who play run about a 6.5 forty and can be covered with AJ Hawk like talented LB's.

So we are left with a squad devoid of players who can create mismatches on defense regardless of whether there is protection or not.

Teams play us man to man and dominate us while Rodgers wanders around getting hit multiple times throwing nearly every pass with high pressure because nobody gets open.

And we still sit there with Clay Matthews being misused as a ILB....which is really all this defense needs.....a LEGIT ILB to allow Clay to begin to dominate anymore.

Do you have faith the lucky free agent signings will fix any of this ? It has not yet.

Most GM's analyze the draft and consider free agency as a source to help fill holes.

So when the draft does not fall our way we just end up the same holes......TE/ILB...etc....that has not worked lately.

I think you've correctly identified the team's biggest problems, but I disagree with the solutions.

I honestly think we could make no changes to the WR group and the offense would be right back where it was in 2014. The Jordy injury changed everything, but it seems like injuries everywhere else among the receivers and OL have kept our most reliable guys ineffective if not just barely on the field. It will surprise nobody when a collective 5 pounds of bone chips is surgically removed from our starting offense this offseason. Meanwhile Abby has shown enough to be in the mix next year and appears to have broken free from the concerns that he's a slot-only guy who can't get off the line. Janis would make the team as a nothing but a gunner so his tantalizing upside is icing on the cake. I'd love to see what Rodgers could do with a physical 6'4" WR but the market for those guys is so crazy that I can't fault Ted for filling the roster with technician-types instead.

Dickrod is a fine TE but I'd say supplementing that position with the right guy somewhere in the draft is a priority. As much as Finley was a disappointment I think we all see the value now. If you have to throw it to a guy who isn't open, a guy like that is the difference between having an offense or not.

I can't imagine Lacy not making weight next year although I can't imagine how he didn't this year either. He was too ineffective to even play his way into shape. The offense may have been better in 2013 with no Rodgers but Lacy running wild. He's the mismatch this offense needs IMO. I think as a GM you have to approach this the way you did with Morgan Burnett: your best option is to just hope he bounces back unless the draft falls right.

To me the biggest offseason priority is the same as it was last year. ILB is the biggest need. Maybe even 2 of them. We need Matthews to return to the job we're paying a premium for. This year was an incremental improvement despite the injury to Barrington. With what we already have I think this year Ted can afford to swing for the fences on an athletic centerpiece for this defense.

mraynrand
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
^ I agree. ILB and Tackles. Then whomever falls to them.

beveaux1
01-06-2016, 12:37 PM

But Neither get open

I'm with you on your analysis of our skill players and I would add that A Rodgers has not played up to his standing as the best QB in the league. What I have issue with is the subtext that our GM has not done his job in addressing these problems. First, there would have to be a clear problem to address. The fact that our RBs cannot create matchup problems was not a problem going into this year, our RBs were rarely asked to catch passes in previous year's offenses. They were little used except as dump offs and I can't recall anyone seeing that as an issue before the season. By the end of last year, R Rodgers had taken over as starting TE with Quarless as a blocking backup. Everybody saw speed deficiencies in R Rodgers, but I believe the consensus was that TE was in fairly capable hands. Nobody saw problems with our WRs before the 2nd exhibition game. Our GM has drafted WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round in nearly every draft and projects in later rounds. He chose Montgomery in this past draft. When Nelson went down, he picked up Jones as a free agent to replace him. For 5 games, there was really no problem. It was business as usual. Then Montgomery went down, Adams got injured, came back and forgot how to catch and our speed deficiencies jump out like a sore thumb.

Second, if the deficiencies were known, what solutions were there to put in play? Could we have drafted a TE or ILB earlier in the draft? Of course, but that means that our defensive secondary that has been more than adequate this year would have been compromised. We have 43 sacks this year with Matthews at ILB. Do we really think that replacing one of the CBs drafted with an ILB would have made our defense stronger or more dynamic? What TEs could we have drafted that would have impacted the offense, but not impacted the defense? That brings us to free agents that we could have signed. Would anyone, not having the use of hindsight, have given up Cobb or Bulaga, and created another weakness in order to sign an ILB or TE in free agency? You could argue that we could have kept House and Williams, not drafted a CB, but I believe that the cap implications would not have allowed that approach. Also, the CBs drafted along with Raji and Ryan have helped strengthen the defense this year.

The question to me is not why has the GM not prepared the roster for 2015, but what will be done to fix the roster next year knowing the deficiencies.

Bretsky
01-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Perhaps I was in the minority, but I have referred to out TE's as suck, suckier, and suckiest. I saw no goodness in entering the season with these yahoo's imitating a starter and there was a line of TE's who to me where good mid tier options that would have given us a receiver

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Call me crazy - but if Calvin gets released I think Ted picks up the phone and has a conversation at least.

Why? Because he is so big that he effectively counts as a TE and a wideout. He immediately fixes the offense. That is a ton of money at WR with three 8 figure guys, but I think it may happen.

That is a classic Ted signing. Freak athlete, premiere talent just past prime.

Peppers would be gone in this scenario. He is probably gone either way.

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 07:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

Carly Simon - Anticipation

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Rand said he has been terrible and beat up.

Rand said...and that means to you........!?

I know what what Rand ever says means to me...I know the source and so....I find the TRUTH;

This report directly contradicts myarnrand:

Please....see the LINK in B's original post this thread and read and you'll discover this contradiction of what you claim Rand informed you. Your over the top too smart to accept whatever fr. 'a poor source' without checking the information out, pbmax:

" Thomas has been the ultimate Cleveland Brown since the day he was drafted in 2007. He did not enjoy the Mangini years, but he re-upped his deal in 2011; it runs through 2018. He had one of his best seasons as he turned 31. " fr. LINK in post #1

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 08:12 AM
I agree. I think the answer is to shake up the O staff. Maybe let both Clements and Bennett move on and bring in a new guy with different experience. If Clements stays, pay him well and have him focus strictly on the QBs. Get a Strong WR coach (it might be The Pelt, but might be someone else). In any case, Stubby has to admit to himself that the offense is stale. My prediction is that he will attribute everything to injuries and will change virtually nothing, hoping the return of Nelson, the return of Lang, Sitton and Bacteria, a new offseason program for Lacy that involves less couch and fewer meals - and perhaps a new tackle in the draft - will solve everything.

If MM spins that BS...then TT and MM have to go.

I'm so sick of the BS and Power Leadership in Green Bay.

You need some simple common sense and a true knowledge of things Green Bay Packer to come to a decision:

It's now..not after next season and more TT and MM baloney to absolutely be praying for their removal. As long as these two are set in Green Bay we never get back to the Super Bowl.

I'm a strong Texas Holdem player......there's my huge raise.

Call it ...and... you... will...lose !

pbmax
01-08-2016, 08:13 AM
^The OP report is from Pat McManamon who is an ESPN Staff Writer. I don't know him from Adam, so I take his info lightly until I know who his source is or I know he watches as much tape as McGinn. Even then I take it with a grain of salt unless others agree because I don't know his track record.

I know Rand watches the game carefully, and even if his report was part exaggeration to make a point about how bad the Browns offense is, I take his info as a reminder not to assume Thomas is as good now as when he was 27.

Patler
01-08-2016, 08:25 AM
and then there is this:

This season, Browns quarterbacks were sacked 53 times – second most behind the Titans – but it's hard to pin much blame on Thomas, who finished the campaign ranked first among all tackles in the Pro Football Focus grading system.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/what_joe_thomas_possible_depar.html

I wouldn't mind the Packers giving the Browns either Bakhtiari or Bulaga and a 2nd round pick for the last three years of Thomas' contract. That would give Cleveland an O-line starter and a decently high draft pick for a player who very well could be done after this contract is up.

Or, maybe you send them either Linsley or Tretter? Both seem best suited to center, and you only need one at a time! Let Cleveland have their pick!

pbmax
01-08-2016, 09:31 AM
I like the work PFF puts in and it gives us access to areas of football we usually only seem described through anecdotes.

But so much of their work is opinion based (did someone do their job when you don't know what their job was) rather than numbers based, I wonder if its subject to the same biases that color peoples memories. It is more thorough than most fan memories though. So Thomas might be doing fine. I did a brief search through his news and couldn't find a declined article.

Pugger
01-08-2016, 10:04 AM

Can we afford him? He's gonna want some serious jack.

Pugger
01-08-2016, 10:06 AM
^ I agree. ILB and Tackles. Then whomever falls to them.

It might not hurt to get a speedy WR. From everything I've heard most teams say we have no speed on the outside with Jordy gone.

Cheesehead Craig
01-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Can we afford him? He's gonna want some serious jack.

Williams is gonna be about 10+M/yr as there are several teams that can afford that cap number easily.

Rutnstrut
01-08-2016, 10:43 AM
IMO this team has a lot of needs. But I would love to see them get a stud TE.

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
IMO this team has a lot of needs. But I would love to see them get a stud TE.

We certainly need an upgrade their to secure better offense and the middle of the field.

Patler
01-08-2016, 10:49 AM
A stud TE would make the team more fun to watch, but I think a capable OT might be more critical to their success.

Maxie the Taxi
01-08-2016, 11:13 AM
A stud TE would make the team more fun to watch, but I think a capable OT might be more critical to their success.So if you had to chose between Gronk and Joe Thomas (assuming he's capable), you'd choose Thomas?

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 11:18 AM
It might not hurt to get a speedy WR. From everything I've heard most teams say we have no speed on the outside with Jordy gone.

Ya I'm just saying they can't come out of the draft without a decent player at these two spots, if for nothing else, depth. They could get 'em at 2, 3, 4 and take a speed guy with the #1.

ThunderDan
01-08-2016, 11:21 AM
A stud TE would make the team more fun to watch, but I think a capable OT might be more critical to their success.

I think a capable OT who doesn't get hurt would be excellent.

When you look back at the O-Line at the beginning of the year it was supposed to be a strong point. We were going to have 7 players who had started at some point in their careers. Bacteria - Sitton - Lindsley - Lang - Bulaga with Tretter and Barclay. Injuries have really hurt this line.

Tony Oday
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Calvin Johnson will be a Packer next year, Jordy, Megatron and Cobb with a new rookie TE will make this offense hum.

We will draft replacements up and down the O line.

The secondary is solid and will get better with Shields not having his head broken and the rookies will have seasoning.

CMIII will be moved back to OLB and we will draft ILBs and sign a mid tier Vet.

Our D Line is pretty solid and has enough money in it.

This team is not far off from dominating.

Patler
01-08-2016, 12:26 PM
So if you had to chose between Gronk and Joe Thomas (assuming he's capable), you'd choose Thomas?

Age would enter into that decision (26 vs 31).
The problem with a guy like Joe Thomas at this stage of his career, even if you do get him, you have to start looking for his replacement almost immediately.
On the other hand, Gronkowski hasn't played a full season since 2011, and may not be the most dedicated to off season preparation.

If I could have one fully ready to play this weekend, I would take Joe Thomas.

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Age would enter into that decision (26 vs 31).
The problem with a guy like Joe Thomas at this stage of his career, even if you do get him, you have to start looking for his replacement almost immediately.
On the other hand, Gronkowski hasn't played a full season since 2011, and may not be the most dedicated to off season preparation.

If I could have one fully ready to play this weekend, I would take Joe Thomas.

Good post. Joe Thomas is a good tackle with a lot of baggage, but he certainly would be better than Barclay or Sitton. The issue with him is that after 4-5 offenses and a career of losing, and a clear loss of talent with age, how much is he really worth and how long will he last? Thomas is better than Sherrod of course, but you have to believe TT can draft someone better than Sherry this year.

Thompson could really use a GM year like Wolf's 2000 :)

Tony Oday
01-08-2016, 12:51 PM
If Joe has 3-4 years left you can draft his replacement in the next 2 years and give him a year to season to the NFL.

Patler
01-08-2016, 02:03 PM
If Joe has 3-4 years left you can draft his replacement in the next 2 years and give him a year to season to the NFL.

His contract has three years left, and that is about all you can plan on from him, I think. You almost have to take a tackle as soon as you find one worth the slot you are at, because if you wait until 2017, there might not be one. Getting Thomas this off season would not relieve the pressure to draft a tackle at all.

Tony Oday
01-08-2016, 02:15 PM
His contract has three years left, and that is about all you can plan on from him, I think. You almost have to take a tackle as soon as you find one worth the slot you are at, because if you wait until 2017, there might not be one. Getting Thomas this off season would not relieve the pressure to draft a tackle at all.

BUT you wouldn't have to start a rookie protecting AR's blindside.

Patler
01-08-2016, 03:09 PM
BUT you wouldn't have to start a rookie protecting AR's blindside.

Well, they wouldn't have to anyway, because the have Bakhtiari, who, like Clifton, did start as a rookie.
My point was that Thomas is only a quick improvement, added depth (by moving Bakhtiari or Bulaga to the bench). He wouldn't change the "needs" for starters at all.

Maxie the Taxi
01-08-2016, 03:25 PM
I'd take Gronk in a heartbeat.

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Well, they wouldn't have to anyway, because the have Bakhtiari, who, like Clifton, did start as a rookie.
My point was that Thomas is only a quick improvement, added depth (by moving Bakhtiari or Bulaga to the bench). He wouldn't change the "needs" for starters at all.

It depends a lot on whether you think Bulaga is finished and if so, whether you think Bacteria or Thomas can play RT.

If you like Bact, and he only plays LT, and Thomas only plays LT, you're better off drafting a RT, and signing a vet RT (assuming Bulaga is finished).

I like your idea of a trade, but I would bet no one would part with a #2 and Thomas to get Bacteria.

pbmax
01-08-2016, 05:17 PM
It depends a lot on whether you think Bulaga is finished and if so, whether you think Bacteria or Thomas can play RT.

If you like Bact, and he only plays LT, and Thomas only plays LT, you're better off drafting a RT, and signing a vet RT (assuming Bulaga is finished).

I like your idea of a trade, but I would bet no one would part with a #2 and Thomas to get Bacteria.

Wasn't it Bach and a #2 to get Thomas?

Tony Oday
01-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Sure it does, it moves the need two years down the road.

ThunderDan
01-08-2016, 05:48 PM

You never know with those moneyball guys!

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Wasn't it Bach and a #2 to get Thomas?

I guess I read it wrong. That makes more sense, but as Thunder says, maybe the analytics will be in our favor!

ThunderDan
01-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I guess I read it wrong. That makes more sense, but as Thunder says, maybe the analytics will be in our favor!

He gets away with holding on almost every play. That has to grade out to being worth a 2nd rounder.

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Calvin Johnson will be a Packer next year, Jordy, Megatron and Cobb with a new rookie TE will make this offense hum.

We will draft replacements up and down the O line.

The secondary is solid and will get better with Shields not having his head broken and the rookies will have seasoning.

CMIII will be moved back to OLB and we will draft ILBs and sign a mid tier Vet.

Our D Line is pretty solid and has enough money in it.

This team is not far off from dominating.

I nominate you for the Packerrats Most Optimistic Fan Of The Year Award.

It comes with a Special Prize.:

An all inclusive paid vacation:

Including ...all meals and $1,000.00 American Express Travel Card for one week 7 days - 8 Nights stay at a Motel/Hotel of your choice in a major drafting territory with your host.... Packer GM, Ted Thompson.

Your destination is Bangor, Maine. The cost of LIMO Service to and from airports and all connecting flight cost are included. You will enjoy a Cadillac as your fully paid rental.

Good Luck.

Patler
01-08-2016, 06:54 PM

No, Bakhtiar and a second to get Thomas.

I don't think Bulaga is done, I think he will be just fine for 12 games or so he will play each year, although a couple more significant injuries and he will be a shell of his former self.

Patler
01-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Sure it does, it moves the need two years down the road.

The need, but not necessarily the supply. If an OT is a good value at your spot this year, you have to take him because there is no guarantee you will have one available in 2017 or 2018.

woodbuck27
01-08-2016, 07:07 PM
The need, but not necessarily the supply. If an OT is a good value at your spot this year, you have to take him because there is no guarantee you will have one available in 2017 or 2018.

Projected Tackles available for the 2016 NFL DRAFT.... THE TOP TEN:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/OT

Rank Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round

2 *Laremy Tunsil OT 1 Ole Miss Jr 6-5 305 1

7 *Ronnie Stanley OT 2 Notre Dame rJr 6-6 315 1

20 Taylor Decker OT 3 Ohio State Sr 6-7 315 1

23 *Jack Conklin OT 4 Michigan State rJr 6-6 318 1

25 *Shon Coleman OT 5 Auburn rJr 6-6 313 1

33 *Germain Ifedi OT 6 Texas A&M rJr 6-5 325 1-2

43 Jason Spriggs OT 7 Indiana Sr 6-6 305 2

58 *Jerald Hawkins OT 8 LSU Jr 6-6 305 2

77 John Theus OT 9 Georgia Sr 6-6 305 2-3

91 Kyle Murphy OT 10 Stanford Sr 6-7 302 3

Tony Oday
01-09-2016, 01:08 AM
Sorry no rookie LT is ever going to make me feel good. Bryant McKinnie was supposed to be a super stud for 15 years for the Vikes.

Fritz
01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
I'm leery of Ted's ability to choose a great left tackle with an early round pick.

He whiffed big on Sherrod, though his horrible injury may have played a role. But Bulaga has been a pretty good right tackle - not quite what you'd hoped for when they took him.

I am also not confident in Ted's early-round defensive line picking ability.

But receivers he can pick in his sleep - I think Adams will bounce back - and apparently corners, too.

Pugger
01-09-2016, 09:46 AM
We'll never know about Sherrod. That poor kid busted up his leg pretty good. Bulaga has been good and Bacteria is a pretty decent tackle if you consider where he was drafted.