PDA

View Full Version : WHO WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL ???

Bretsky
01-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Take your stance Rats

pbmax
01-07-2016, 09:36 AM
How long does the poll run? Can I vote after Sunday's afternoon game, once I am over-estimating the Packers chances after beating the Redskins?

Maxie the Taxi
01-07-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm already on record...
It's 2010 and 1966 all over again as karma comes around full circle.

Just as in 2010, Green Bay will travel to the home of the NFC North Champion and will win the NFC Conference Championship.

Then Green Bay will travel to Levi's Stadium -- the only stadium in the NFL with a GREEN roof that received a GOLD Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Certificate -- and will beat the Kansas City Chiefs to win the LOMBARDI Trophy in the Super Bowl, 50 years after St. Vincent and the boys beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl I.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2095316!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/super-bowl-packers-35-chiefs-10.jpg

Bossman641
01-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Anyone but Seattle please

Patler
01-07-2016, 11:11 AM
The football gods owe the Packers. After the many harsh playoff losses, the fail mary, the final few minutes of the last NFCCG, etc. Green Bay will win it this year. In an almost unbelievable chain of events, Capers defense will come up with four consecutive shut-outs, John Crockett will have 450 yards rushing, Janis and Abrederis will combine for 30 receptions, 600 yards and 12 TDs.

Why is Mrs. Patler talking to the people in the white lab coats outside the ambulance in our driveway? What are they going to do with that jacket that has the long straps extending from the sleeve cuffs? Is that a policeman with a taser coming to my door?

Maxie the Taxi
01-07-2016, 12:06 PM
^^^https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/8b/59/1d8b59449261d191215e2535fce56a2a.jpgPatler, I love you man!

smuggler
01-07-2016, 03:36 PM
KC v Arizona. KC wins. Randomly.

pbmax
01-07-2016, 08:09 PM
I hope they give Patler long enough shackles so he can still type and get wireless access from the motel across the street from the hospital.

Rastak
01-07-2016, 08:13 PM

The lads will take care of that in the -20 below zero weather this weekend Boss.......

Rastak
01-07-2016, 08:17 PM
The football gods owe the Packers. After the many harsh playoff losses, the fail mary, the final few minutes of the last NFCCG, etc. Green Bay will win it this year. In an almost unbelievable chain of events, Capers defense will come up with four consecutive shut-outs, John Crockett will have 450 yards rushing, Janis and Abrederis will combine for 30 receptions, 600 yards and 12 TDs.

Why is Mrs. Patler talking to the people in the white lab coats outside the ambulance in our driveway? What are they going to do with that jacket that has the long straps extending from the sleeve cuffs? Is that a policeman with a taser coming to my door?

"The football gods owe the Packers"

WHAT!

Nah uh. I know a purple franchise that has been fucked over more times than you can shake a stick at. And you can shake alot of sticks!

Drew Pearson you piece of shit......Gary Anderson, Greg Williams you cheating dog, Darren Nelson.....should I continue?

pbmax
01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
^ :lol:

Patler
01-07-2016, 08:57 PM

WHAT!

Nah uh. I know a purple franchise that has been fucked over more times than you can shake a stick at. And you can shake alot of sticks!

Drew Pearson you piece of shit......Gary Anderson, Greg Williams you cheating dog, Darren Nelson.....should I continue?

Until the Vikings reject Odin and Valhalla, the gods of football will continue to smite them!

pbmax
01-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Just remember Ras, at least the Vikings have been to the Super Bowl.

https://www.irononsticker.com/images/nfl/STK-NFL-DEL-H2009-01.jpghttps://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E2OQuQ_HhmeQygIl6uuWGvSqj1U=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3440500/logo3.0.jpg

MadtownPacker
01-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Whoever votes for any other team should be dead to us. Last I checked no one was eliminated yet. So if I was going to put money on it I would say go Packers and hope. I might also put some on Panthers. Hell I might even put a 5 on Rastak's vikings. That's got to have some crazy odds that will pay out big right? :lol:

Bretsky
01-07-2016, 10:42 PM
If you want to put money on the Packers to win it all............ can you please not do so and just send it to Bretsky directly instead ! :))))))

esoxx
01-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Whoever votes for any other team should be dead to us. Last I checked no one was eliminated yet. So if I was going to put money on it I would say go Packers and hope. I might also put some on Panthers. Hell I might even put a 5 on Rastak's vikings. That's got to have some crazy odds that will pay out big right? :lol:

According to the sports book I use on occasion, you're $5 bet on the Vikings would bring back $150 should they win the SB. They're listed as +3000.

Interesting that GB, the Wild Card entry, is deemed to have a better chance at winning the SB than division champ MN. GB is at +2500. This is likely due to the more favorable matchup they have this weekend versus Wash instead of Sea.

Wash is viewed as the 2nd longest shot to win it all at +4000. Meanwhile, Sea is at +550. So if you were to bet the 'hawks, you would only be getting back $27.50 on your $5 wager by comparison.

Ariz is viewed as the favorite to take Vince's trophy at +400.

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 12:34 PM

WHAT!

Feel free. We can compare notes. Factory of Sadness, The Drive, The Fumble, Red right 88, Belicheat, Artbreak Modell .....

yetisnowman
01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Feel free. We can compare notes. Factory of Sadness, The Drive, The Fumble, Red right 88, Belicheat, Artbreak Modell .....

The Browns by far have the most heartbreaking history. But Detroit takes the cake for just downright consistent futility. Since the Browns/Lions played in the 1957 NFL championship the Lions have one postseason win. Cleveland has 7. The Packers have 29. Something to remember as we lament over a 10-6 season and a postseason appearance. I don't know how people in these cities do it. I can barely handle being a fan of one of the winningest in all pro sports.

Patler
01-08-2016, 03:12 PM
I feel sorry for Packer fans who have not been tempered by the '50s, '70s or '80s!

pbmax
01-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I feel sorry for Packer fans who have not been tempered by the '50s, '70s or '80s!

I would think that the great drafts of the latter 50s would have been enough.

But apparently fans in the 50s wanted the Packers to sign FAs too?

Maxie the Taxi
01-08-2016, 03:21 PM

But apparently fans in the 50s wanted the Packers to sign FAs too?Not as the primary player acquisition tool. Just to fill holes. And trades were popular too.

mraynrand
01-08-2016, 03:51 PM
The Browns by far have the most heartbreaking history. But Detroit takes the cake for just downright consistent futility. Since the Browns/Lions played in the 1957 NFL championship the Lions have one postseason win. Cleveland has 7.

Yep. At least we're not Detroit! Oh wait, Detroit has won recent championships in Baseball and Basketball. Cleveland is going on 163 seasons in the three major sports without a championship (Cavs45+Browns51+Indians67=163). 87% of Clevelanders have no personal memory of a Championship, highest of all cities in the US with three franchises.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

*This last 'fact' was invented

Freak Out
01-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Wow....depressing stuff there Rand.

Freak Out
01-08-2016, 04:37 PM
I went Seattle...I think they are due for a big road run. They still have the talent on both sides and are red hot right now. Of course it's going to be bitter cold this weekend in MSP. :) I'm not sold on Carolina just yet.

pbmax
01-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Not as the primary player acquisition tool. Just to fill holes. And trades were popular too.

No kidding, compared to today, it was a wild and wooly trading market.

Patler
01-08-2016, 07:27 PM

But apparently fans in the 50s wanted the Packers to sign FAs too?

There was no such thing as free agency as we know it today. Trades were very common, even with your greatest rivals, and they had waivers.

My "tempered" contract was in response to the comment about not experiencing losing teams, long absences from playoffs, etc.

Patler
01-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Not as the primary player acquisition tool. Just to fill holes. And trades were popular too.

The draft was 20 rounds in the early '60s, so there were lots of player rights to trade and waivers claims to be had.

yetisnowman
01-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Yep. At least we're not Detroit! Oh wait, Detroit has won recent championships in Baseball and Basketball. Cleveland is going on 163 seasons in the three major sports without a championship (Cavs45+Browns51+Indians67=163). 87% of Clevelanders have no personal memory of a Championship, highest of all cities in the US with three franchises.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

*This last 'fact' was invented

Oh without a doubt. I meant only as it relates to the NFL Detroit has been worse. Accounting for all the major sports, its not even close.

gbgary
01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
that hated sea.

Pugger
01-09-2016, 07:55 AM

And MN.

Pugger
01-09-2016, 07:58 AM

I don't remember the 50s (I was just a little kid) but I do recall the dreadful 70s and 80s. :-|

Fritz
01-09-2016, 08:15 AM
The Lions don't have quite the heartbreaking history of Cleveland, simply because they rarely get into a position to cause any heartbreak.

The Lions are more on a par with the Toronto Maple Leafs, who have not won a Stanley Cup since 1967, I believe.

Something mildly amusing though not at all surprising happened the last couple weeks. I was at the gym, working out, and one of the TV's was on ESPN (it's the only time I watch that channel, except for the draft). It was a Monday or Tuesday, after Green Bay had got its ass handed to it by AZ. All the talking heads were slobbering over Arizona - the most complete team in the NFL, the most dynamic head coach, the deepest team, the most balanced team, and on and on and on it went.

Then, at the gym again following Seattle's spanking of AZ this past week, the very same talking heads were on ESPN, saying the very same things . . . about Seattle. They couldn't polish Seattle's knob enough.

So ESPN's in-dpeth, expert analysis apparently comes down to whoever looked the best most recently is clearly the best team in the NFL.

pbmax
01-09-2016, 09:44 AM
There was no such thing as free agency as we know it today. Trades were very common, even with your greatest rivals, and they had waivers.

My "tempered" contract was in response to the comment about not experiencing losing teams, long absences from playoffs, etc.

Yes, that was a not well executed joke.

Pugger
01-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Carolina might make the SB seeing they have HFA. Its prob a toss up between them and AZ.

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 10:07 AM
So ESPN's in-dpeth, expert analysis apparently comes down to whoever looked the best most recently is clearly the best team in the NFL.

And that's why you and I, and a whole lotta other people who can actually think don't watch them.

Patler
01-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Yes, that was a not well executed joke.

.:oops:

TravisWilliams23
01-09-2016, 01:35 PM
GB. After they get their shit together against Wash, the confidence starts to grow. Then Stubby uses the ass kicking they got from Arizona and uses that as fuel for a complete turnaround game vs the Cards leading up to a home field NFC championship game vs the Seahawks, which is a repeat of the earlier game this year vs Seattle. No stopping them in the SB!

The offense magically fixes itself and Stubby gets his head out of his ass for the next 4 games. Whooo hooo! Super Bowl Champs!!

Fritz
01-09-2016, 02:12 PM
But it's not a magic fix - it starts by gaining confidence against Washington's secondary.

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 02:37 PM
GB. After they get their shit together against Wash, the confidence starts to grow. Then Stubby uses the ass kicking they got from Arizona and uses that as fuel for a complete turnaround game vs the Cards leading up to a home field NFC championship game vs the Seahawks, which is a repeat of the earlier game this year vs Seattle. No stopping them in the SB!

The offense magically fixes itself and Stubby gets his head out of his ass for the next 4 games. Whooo hooo! Super Bowl Champs!!

I believe what you prose here is impossible. If GB and Seattle win, GB plays Carolina and Sea plays AZ

Infamous
01-09-2016, 06:02 PM

or Pats......PLEASE!

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I believe what you prose here is impossible. If GB and Seattle win, GB plays Carolina and Sea plays AZ

^^ Dummy. :(

TravisWilliams23
01-09-2016, 09:04 PM

Rand, you sure about that? GB was the 5 seed and Seattle was the 6 seed. Wouldn't 5 go to 2 and 6 go to play 1?

If so it would be GB at AZ and Sea at Carolina.

esoxx
01-09-2016, 09:20 PM
You wouldn't see Cleft Crusty commit such buffonery.

pbmax
01-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Rand, you sure about that? GB was the 5 seed and Seattle was the 6 seed. Wouldn't 5 go to 2 and 6 go to play 1?

If so it would be GB at AZ and Sea at Carolina.

#1 seed gets worst remaining seed in Division round no matter Division alignment.

pbmax
01-09-2016, 09:21 PM
You wouldn't see Cleft Crusty commit such buffonery.

Cleft has fact checkers. (or had them)

Rand has unpaid interns.

esoxx
01-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Cleft has fact checkers. (or had them)

Rand has unpaid interns.

And soiled Depends.

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 11:50 PM
And soiled Depends.

All I can say is never post from a mobile device while working in the dark.

Joemailman
01-11-2016, 04:57 PM

WHAT!

Blair Walsh.