PDA

View Full Version : *other Packers forum no worky?

CaptainKickass
01-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I know...

I'm cheating on this forum by visiting another forum. I'm just not a forum-monogamous dude. But some of y'all who post here, also post "over there". Just checking to see if anyone here knows what's up with that site.

If it's any consolation to those who may feel violated, I post here WAY more often than I post there.

Also -

I miss Jordy. After all, only one thing's for certain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBBtmJ6Bs0

denverYooper
01-08-2016, 10:13 PM
There are fora?

CaptainKickass
01-08-2016, 11:33 PM
There are fora?

There are many Fori.
- or -
There are many Foru.

It depends on if you're from southwest WI or northeast WI. But yes.

Rastak
01-08-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm confused, Flora or Fauna?

Pugger
01-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Are you talking about Just Jeff's forum? For some reason it has been down since yesterday. :-|

Fritz
01-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Dear Captain,

Your letter is so cruel. You can't even pretend you're faithful?

You come around once a week, hardly stay but a moment to get what you want, and then you're gone. And by the way, it's the same every time. You never do anything different. You never ask what I might want. You just show up, do your thing, and off you go.

And now you tell me you've been seeing other forums. Do you take them out to dinner? You never, ever even bother to bring some Chinese when you come over here.

Is the other forum nicer? Or is it one of those slutty forums where anything goes?

And puh-lease. Don't give me "there's only one other" crap. I wasn't born yesterday. Who knows how many other forums you've been doing all along?

You bastard. I don't ever want to see your face here again, ever. Get out of my life.

No, wait, don't. I didn't mean that . . . I . . . I can't stand the idea of a game day thread without your succinct, pithy post appearing early on. Is there anything I can do? What am I doing wrong?

Signed,

Packerrats :hug:

pbmax
01-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Fritz == Johnny Drama

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Fritz == Johnny Drama

Fritz = Captain co-dependent

mraynrand
01-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I have an account at that other forum. I saw that the owner passed a while back. Maybe the kids stopped paying the 'lectric bill.

Fritz
01-09-2016, 02:38 PM
You laugh, but who knows how many ports the Cap'n has visited and how many diseases he may be bringing with him!

CaptainKickass
01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Yeah.

Just Jeffs has been down for a couple days now. Just wondered if anyone here knew what was up.

You laugh, but who knows how many ports the Cap'n has visited and how many diseases he may be bringing with him!

Fact: I once infected a Minnesota girl and an Idaho girl plus her offspring with Packer Fandom.

I didn't use protection and watched the game in the open living room in front of everybody right in plain view. In retrospect I could've sent them off on meaningless errands, chores or got off my ass to watch at the bar. In my defense I was young and needed the money.

Oh and Fritz:

"Variety is the spice of life, one Packers forum cannot possibly satisfy a Captain completely"
"You can read about the Packers anywhere as long as you post at home"
"It's not me, it's YOU!"

:)

MadtownPacker
01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
FYI Bullshit move and next time you make a thread like this in the Packers area I will do more than move your thread.

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Mr. Thinskin returns. You might want to try doing things that make your website look better in comparison to other sites, rather than looking petty and small.

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Having participated in several Packer forums, I'll say with certainty, I like the way this one is run a helluva lot more than the others. And no that ain't brown-nosing. If it was otherwise, I'd say so too.

red
01-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Mr. Thinskin returns. You might want to try doing things that make your website look better in comparison to other sites, rather than looking petty and small.

i haven't seen many forums anywhere on the net where you can go on the main page and start talking about other forums you go to

thats forum posting 101

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 01:16 PM
i haven't seen many forums anywhere on the net where you can go on the main page and start talking about other forums you go to

thats forum posting 101

so what? I thought this forum was different and could talk about anything.

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Having participated in several Packer forums, I'll say with certainty, I like the way this one is run a helluva lot more than the others. And no that ain't brown-nosing. If it was otherwise, I'd say so too.

I agree. that's why there's no need to threaten a poster.

MadtownPacker
01-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Mr. Thinskin returns. You might want to try doing things that make your website look better in comparison to other sites, rather than looking petty and small.Tell you what let me make you a admin and you decide what happens on the forum. Last I checked everyone is still able to post on here yourself included. I admit an update is overdue but I haven't had much time to spend on this place. If it doesnt look good enough for you well sir you can let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you. If you have some time and the know how to help out let me know.

Your routine gets old. If I was such a fucker wouldn't I have just deleted the thread?

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Tell you what let me make you a admin and you decide what happens on the forum. Last I checked everyone is still able to post on here yourself included. I admit an update is overdue but I haven't had much time to spend on this place. If it doesnt look good enough for you well sir you can let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you. If you have some time and the know how to help out let me know.

Your routine gets old. If I was such a fucker wouldn't I have just deleted the thread?

swing baby, you're platinum

Deputy Nutz
01-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Tell you what let me make you a admin and you decide what happens on the forum. Last I checked everyone is still able to post on here yourself included. I admit an update is overdue but I haven't had much time to spend on this place. If it doesnt look good enough for you well sir you can let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you. If you have some time and the know how to help out let me know.

Your routine is old.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 10:06 AM
IT seemed to me that, seeing the other site was down, and a poster was showing up here, that a different approach, say a welcoming approach, might have served better, rather than stuffing the thread behind the login wall.

For example, instead of "FYI Bullshit move and next time you make a thread like this in the Packers area I will do more than move your thread."

try: "Welcome back to Packerrats Captain Kickass! Make sure to tell your buds over at the other forum to check us out. This is a freewheeling forum where we talk about everything, and allow a lot of fun latitude in the main forum, and also have forums for stuff that is specifically and intentionally off-topic. Tell 'em to sign up if they want access to that stuff, but have 'em sign up to post on Packer stuff regardless. We have a great group of posters and alway welcome more!"

MadtownPacker
01-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Your routine is old.What are you doing here? I thought the Packers won yesterday.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 11:56 AM
What are you doing here? I thought the Packers won yesterday.

LOL

MadtownPacker
01-11-2016, 12:02 PM
IT seemed to me that, seeing the other site was down, and a poster was showing up here, that a different approach, say a welcoming approach, might have served better, rather than stuffing the thread behind the login wall.

For example, instead of "FYI Bullshit move and next time you make a thread like this in the Packers area I will do more than move your thread."

try: "Welcome back to Packerrats Captain Kickass! Make sure to tell your buds over at the other forum to check us out. This is a freewheeling forum where we talk about everything, and allow a lot of fun latitude in the main forum, and also have forums for stuff that is specifically and intentionally off-topic. Tell 'em to sign up if they want access to that stuff, but have 'em sign up to post on Packer stuff regardless. We have a great group of posters and alway welcome more!"Hahahahaha! So you want me to lie to them? Based on your constant whining none of that is true. :lol:

But regardless trying to swoop in on the sites posters is a bitch move. I am sure they know about this site and if they want to come post they will register. But actively trying to steal posters is wrong. If the site never comes back up then feel free to be their Moses.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 12:12 PM
well, you can rise above or not. It's up to you.

woodbuck27
01-18-2016, 11:09 AM
^^^

The word is ' masochism'.

" Death to the betrayer."....comes to mind