PDA

View Full Version : trade rodgers?

red
01-10-2016, 04:19 PM
how many 1st round picks do you guys think a-rod could net us?

the numbers work out, we would actually save money by trading him

the whole struggles of the offence could be due to him regressing, if thats a case, we need to sell high

now it sounds nuts at first thought, but if we can get 4 or 5 first round picks, and if he is really regressing like he looks to be

then maybe its something that needs to be thought about

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 04:28 PM
No

esoxx
01-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Hell no.

Freak Out
01-10-2016, 05:12 PM
4 or 5 first round picks?

King Friday
01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
4 or 5 first round picks?

Which Ted would promptly turn into his dream scenario...acquiring all picks in rounds 4 through 7.

smuggler
01-10-2016, 05:47 PM
King Friday, you jest, but TT would be able to successfully beat-off in under 30 seconds in that scenario.

Freak Out
01-10-2016, 05:48 PM
LOL

woodbuck27
01-10-2016, 05:54 PM
King Friday, you jest, but TT would be able to successfully beat-off in under 30 seconds in that scenario.

Does he love fish?

Infamous
01-10-2016, 06:54 PM
lol

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:01 PM
You could have 5 first round picks in consecutive years, even say they were all Top 10 and not get a Pro Bowl QB.

Patler
01-10-2016, 07:31 PM
If developmentally Hundley is where Rodgers was in 2008.........................

woodbuck27
01-10-2016, 07:41 PM
This may be a serious topic of conversation in 1-2 more years.

Aaron Rodgers costs the team a lot in terms of how much of the pie his pay check removes from the pie.

ARod needs to be 'the ULTIMATE LEADER'.

ARod needs the BEST attitude. He needs to treat his OL as if their a Band of Brothers. Give-give =give a lot to his OL and never piss that OL off.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:43 PM
If developmentally Hundley is where Rodgers was in 2008.........................

A fifth round pick after one year?

Patler
01-10-2016, 07:53 PM
A fifth round pick after one year?

That's my point, trading Rodgers now would be a step backward of significance. However, I have already suggested in another thread a week ago or so that three years from now, Rodgers will be at a point where there will be no dead money hit to the Packers cap if he were traded, and Hundley's contract will be expiring.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28464-Packers-QB-of-the-future

If Hundley looks like a legitimate starter, would you let him go for another 2 or 3 years from Rodgers?

pbmax
01-10-2016, 08:13 PM
That's my point, trading Rodgers now would be a step backward of significance. However, I have already suggested in another thread a week ago or so that three years from now, Rodgers will be at a point where there will be no dead money hit to the Packers cap if he were traded, and Hundley's contract will be expiring.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28464-Packers-QB-of-the-future

If Hundley looks like a legitimate starter, would you let him go for another 2 or 3 years from Rodgers?

For next season? No.

The following season (Hundley's 3rd)? Maybe.

gbgary
01-10-2016, 08:16 PM
http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/inconceivable.jpg

TravisWilliams23
01-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Would you REALLY want to be the GM who traded TWO HOF qb's from the same team during your tenure?

Patler
01-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Would you REALLY want to be the GM who traded TWO HOF qb's from the same team during your tenure?

If Hundley becomes Rodgers II, and they get a couple 1st round picks for Aaron What's-his-name, sure, why not? :-)

Trade him, then announce your retirement.

Zool
01-10-2016, 09:25 PM
We'll never forget you Eric

gbgary
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM

who was the first traded qb?

Zool
01-11-2016, 04:12 PM
who was the first traded qb?

Brent was traded to the Jets

red
01-11-2016, 04:34 PM
if what we're seeing is the start of his regression, then it might be smart to sell high

and thats a big IF

but he has been far from the QB we've gotten use to, and gave a ton of money to

not every QB plays at a high level into their late 30's

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 04:36 PM
We'll never forget you Eric

lol

Tony Oday
01-12-2016, 12:00 AM
NEVER would any team trade a QB in his prime.

Patler
01-12-2016, 01:40 AM

Never? I guess you would have to define "prime", because lots of QBs have been traded at various stages of their careers, and San Diego might have been better off making a trade instead of letting Brees walk. Relatively recently we have seen Carson Palmer traded twice and Jay Cutler once.

If in the next two seasons Hundley (or anyone else) fails to show anything special, trading Rodgers would make little sense. If he does, it will be interesting to see if the Packers stick with a 35 year old Rodgers or roll the dice with a 25 year old Hundley. Will Rodgers hold up physically as well as Brady or Favre? Rodgers seems to take more hits and relies on moving and running more than either Brady or Favre, so he may not hold up as well. It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out the next 3 years in GB.

Fritz
01-13-2016, 05:37 AM

There is some talk the Lions' new GM might consider trading Pad Statford so he can build from the ground up.

I think if MM and Ted think, in two years, that Hundley is really all that and a bag of chips, they'd consider trading Rodgers.

I hope they'd trade him to the west coast so it's a happier parting than that last one with that Brent Favre guy.

gbgary
01-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Brent was traded to the Jets

ah...forgot about the trade. thought he just retired and then went to them.

Patler
01-13-2016, 07:21 PM
ah...forgot about the trade. thought he just retired and then went to them.

The pick they got for Favre (#83) was part of the trade to move up and draft Matthews.

woodbuck27
01-13-2016, 07:29 PM
if what we're seeing is the start of his regression, then it might be smart to sell high

and thats a big IF

but he has been far from the QB we've gotten use to, and gave a ton of money to

not every QB plays at a high level into their late 30's

Aaron needs to get laid red.

I've been 'just wonderin' .....Does Aaron Rodgers need to:

Just give it up.

Come out of the closet if he is 'in fact' in a state of 'conflict with himself'.

and if 'in fact he is GAY:

Find some nice little cutty pie to cuddle up to and .....drop 'the All In'..... Look At Me with a SEXY actress..... mask.

I don't really know ... Gay or NOT ... I don't really care ... but as a Packer fan I expect honesty from Aaron Rodgers.

George Cumby
01-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Woody, I am confused. Are you offering yourself up to be Aaron's snuggle buddy cutty pie?

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Woody, I am confused. Are you offering yourself up to be Aaron's snuggle buddy cutty pie?

Packer nation isn't ready for that level of honesty.

Deputy Nutz
01-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Is there any player currently in the league that you would trade for Rodgers?

thinking critically I would have a hard time with any trade straight up for Rodgers. JJ Watt is the only realistic name I can think of, maybe Russell Wilson, but even with those guys you would ask for a draft pick.

Deputy Nutz
01-15-2016, 01:47 PM
dp

George Cumby
01-15-2016, 02:54 PM
All talk of Woody spooning Rodgers aside, given the OP's scenario, you have to consider the trade. And frankly, although the thought of Woody and Aaron cuddling isn't titillating to me, the thought of Hundley performing close to Rogders level does give me a chubby.

pbmax
01-15-2016, 02:56 PM
All talk of Woody spooning Rodgers aside, given the OP's scenario, you have to consider the trade. And frankly, although the thought of Woody and Aaron cuddling isn't titillating to me, the thought of Hundley performing close to Rogders level does give me a chubby.

That's the difference between a coach and a GM!

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 03:17 PM

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3484/767/400/bowfinger1.jpg

Freak Out
01-15-2016, 03:41 PM

thinking critically I would have a hard time with any trade straight up for Rodgers. JJ Watt is the only realistic name I can think of, maybe Russell Wilson, but even with those guys you would ask for a draft pick.

Fuck no.

red
01-15-2016, 03:44 PM

player? no

it would have to be a large hall of draft picks. herschel walker like

Patler
01-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Tom Brady, he will probably play longer than Rodgers anyway.

Freak Out
01-15-2016, 03:56 PM
You know...I really liked the "new" Brett when he played at UCLA and was very happy when he was drafted. Will he ever be a great NFL QB? Not sure but TT finally has a backup plan in place.

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Tom Brady, he will probably play longer than Rodgers anyway.

Brady doesn't have a photographic memory to protect

pbmax
01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
As tempting as it would be, I don't think even Watt is worth it. QB is just too important in the NFL. Pressuring the QB is the most important job of a defense, but even that doesn't approach having a QB in the first place. The rest of the NFC North will back me up on this given their recent history.

If new Brett is a find like Rodgers or Brady, then knock yourself out.

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 04:46 PM
If new Brett is a find like Rodgers or Brady, then knock yourself out.

We'll never forget you, Handy.