PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Wild Card Playoffs @ Redskins

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
Remember to post your apology for predicting disaster today either during the week or in the first half.

If you said the players had quit, McCarthy had lost them, we are going to need at least 3 paragraphs to explain your heresy.

red
01-10-2016, 07:14 PM
ok, butt you're gonna have to lean in real close, i'm a low talker

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IMqXfn7NBRw/maxresdefault.jpg

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Nice shirt. That from the Rip Taylor collection?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYZrtqPWEAAIraM.jpg:large

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Best I've felt about a win since...hmm week 3 vs KC

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:22 PM
https://36.media.tumblr.com/9a66972e58cf919a60ec904460cda27b/tumblr_mt4fwpGoct1r3e5h9o1_500.jpg
Did you tell Clark and Ellen the good news?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsD/4057-13448-0.jpg
Good news, what good news Catherine?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ihH41EISs-o/hqdefault.jpg
YOU'RE TAKING ME TO PHOENIX!

red
01-10-2016, 07:25 PM
already national talk that the packers offense is back

but is it?

the 141 rushing yards is nice, but 205 passing yards still isn't rodgers esque. and he still missed a lot of throws

this against one of the worst defenses in the nfl

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:26 PM
https://36.media.tumblr.com/9a66972e58cf919a60ec904460cda27b/tumblr_mt4fwpGoct1r3e5h9o1_500.jpg
Did you tell Clark and Ellen the good news?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsD/4057-13448-0.jpg
Good news, what good news Catherine?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ihH41EISs-o/hqdefault.jpg
YOU'RE TAKING ME TO PHOENIX!

Let's hope it ends better

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:27 PM
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is225/vacation38xq5.5782.jpg

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Arizona = Aunt Edna.

Or her dog.

woodbuck27
01-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Remember to post your apology for predicting disaster today either during the week or in the first half.

If you said the players had quit, McCarthy had lost them, we are going to need at least 3 paragraphs to explain your heresy.

Personally I saw enough last week late in that loss of the NFCN game Vs the Vikings I felt we would come away from Washington with a 'W'.

I thought the game would see lots of points.

The Packer 'D' was impressive. OUR Rushing game effective and the key to this improved 'O'. The OL did a solid job andn for a change Aaron Rodgers remained on his feet.

We simply need to see word on a solid week of Packer preparation and MM has to motivate and lead as does Aaron Rodgers ..Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers.

I'm feeling pretty good now...about some real chance Vs Arizona ....up next.

I wonder what Vegas has down for a PACKERS Vs CHIEFS Encore of Super Bowl I :glug:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:29 PM

but is it?

the 141 rushing yards is nice, but 205 passing yards still isn't rodgers esque. and he still missed a lot of throws

Baby steps. How many shitty D's have we faced over the second half of the year? You have to start somewhere.

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Is Tretter eligible for a fuckdoggle award? Two series in I was worried he would get bull rushed play after play but he had a hell of a game.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYZum3zWQAAEYrl.png:large

woodbuck27
01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is225/vacation38xq5.5782.jpg

HEADLINE:

A Packerrat attends Divisional Round Game...

Misses game...LOVES GOLF Better than Packers.

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Baby steps. How many shitty D's have we faced over the second half of the year? You have to start somewhere.

That's the point I keep coming back to. The Packers have played a lot of strong defenses this year.

They have to play one next week, but they've got a little edge this time around. They're going to pay the Cards back for the Trollan back in 2010 WC game.

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Didn't we have a Rat attend the week 16 game? Is he/she making the return trip?

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:38 PM
M3 PC: Expanded Playoff Edition

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy: Playoff victories, they're special, each & every one of them. #GBvsWAS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: Excellent win. To come in here & get that done was a big challenge. #GBvsWAS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy on protecting QB Aaron Rodgers: Protection was better. Really that's a reflection of the run game. #GBvsWAS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy: Our D-line got it done today. #GBvsWAS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy on #GBvsAZ: There's not too many times you have the opportunity to go back & have a re-do. We're looking forward to it.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers: This is playoff football. It's important for him to go out there & ignite us, & he definitely did that today.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36s36 seconds ago
McCarthy: I thought Nick (Perry) did some big things. He had a lot of success tonight. #GBvsWAS

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Nick Perry's pass rush picked a fine time to show up.

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Didn't we have a Rat attend the week 16 game? Is he/she making the return trip?

Thought it was Rand. I wasn't sure what he was doing in AZ though.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:41 PM

Interviewing drug chieftains I am pretty sure.

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Interviewing drug chieftains I am pretty sure.

They giving out grant money these days?

channtheman
01-10-2016, 07:43 PM
I didn't think we'd win today and it made the first quarter more enjoyable than had I come into this game with high hopes. Washington is probably the only team in the playoffs that we could have beaten, maybe Houston but, you know, they're in the AFC. I don't expect much of a difference from the first time we played AZ this year. They are coming off a bye week and a beatdown by Seattle. They are seeking redemption.

It took us a quarter of terrible offense against a terrible defense before we got on track. Rodgers looked better but still missed throws and is still throwing balls downfield that sail 3 yards out of bounds. He gave some of his covered receivers a chance to make a play on a ball today and they made some plays. We need more of that, but AZ is so much better than Washington. I don't take much away from this win other than Washington sucks. Packers haven't played well against a good D all year, let's hope we can finally do so Saturday.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:44 PM
They giving out grant money these days?

You gotta make that stuff legit somehow.

Plus his cholesterol was high and Rand has samples.

woodbuck27
01-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Nick Perry's pass rush picked a fine time to show up.

Finally he looked like a Value pick.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Rodgers PC: Possibly Extended Playoff Edition sponsored by Welch's Grape Soda

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s23 seconds ago
Rodgers: We just needed a game like this to get our mojo back. We got our confidence going. It just takes one. #GBvsWAS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
Rodgers: The playoffs bring it out of all of us. It's a one & done mentality.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
Rodgers: It's tough to win these type of games. We've done it before. We know how to win these games.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37s38 seconds ago
Rodgers: We came together today & played for each other. Didn't let doubt creep in when we went down 11-0. #GBvsWAS

Bossman641
01-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Lacy's rib injury is going to linger. We are back to the days of needing to pass to set up the run. It will be a hell of a lot easier with Bakh/Tretter at LT then Barclay.

smuggler
01-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Wonder how serious Adams' knee injury is... As much as he has frustrated the fuck out of us over the season, it would be nice to have him available next week...

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Wonder how serious Adams' knee injury is... As much as he has frustrated the fuck out of us over the season, it would be nice to have him available next week...

Demo has it as "not serious" but may or may not make it for Saturday.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 20m20 minutes ago
#Packers WR Davante Adams on his knee injury: "It’s a little sore right now, but I think I’ll be fine."

King Friday
01-10-2016, 08:35 PM

but is it?

I agree. The Redskins defense is horrific and looked borderline unprepared in today's game. That isn't a shock to me. I said all week that I had little respect for Washington and their supposed "hot streak" against a bunch of dregs. They allowed a bunch of points to a demoralized and finished Cowboy offense just last week.

Putting things together for one week against one of the weakest teams in the dance doesn't impress me much either. It shows that team still has plenty of talent to compete with the elite teams in the league, so at least it puts that crap to bed. However, competing and winning are 2 different things. They will have to win next week before anyone can truly say this team has turned a corner.

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 08:38 PM
I agree. The Redskins defense is horrific and looked borderline unprepared in today's game. That isn't a shock to me. I said all week that I had little respect for Washington and their supposed "hot streak" against a bunch of dregs. They allowed a bunch of points to a demoralized and finished Cowboy offense just last week.

Putting things together for one week against one of the weakest teams in the dance doesn't impress me much either. It shows that team still has plenty of talent to compete with the elite teams in the league, so at least it puts that crap to bed. However, competing and winning are 2 different things. They will have to win next week before anyone can truly say this team has turned a corner.

Stop waffling.

Get on the Wagon Queen Family Truckster now or be one of the johnny-come-latelys.

We're taking the whole tribe cross-country.

Rutnstrut
01-10-2016, 09:11 PM

Exactly, but in the playoffs they can't afford to take baby steps.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Rob Reischel ‏@robreischel 7m7 minutes ago
#Packers open as 7.5-point underdogs at AZ. #Panthers favored by just 3 vs. #Seahawks. If 2 road teams win, NFC Champ in Green Bay.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
205 yards passing is slightly misleading. When was the last time the Packers had a 3 score lead? They spent three series running at the end. The first quarter was a lost cause. So that's nearly 100 yards per functional quarter.

Not fixed, but not quite as bad as 205 seems.

Rutnstrut
01-10-2016, 09:30 PM

Normally I would agree. But the way they were playing they weren't capable of beating anyone, this is improvement. I don't understand how they can go from shitty offense to good like someone flipped a switch. But if that's how it is , I will take it. I actually think it will be the defense that chokes in Arizona.

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Packers have won an NFL record nine Wild Card games. Not sure if it's a record to be proud of or not, but it means they've been in the playoffs a lot.

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Yeah, I was there for that disaster. Thank god it was just part of a family Christmas trip. Still, that was one hell of an atmosphere for a football game. Fans standing the whole game. 105 decibels. I'm sure Sat Night will be louder...

mraynrand
01-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 20m20 minutes ago
#Packers WR Davante Adams on his knee injury: "It’s a little sore right now, but I think I’ll be fine."

Orthopedic doc watching the game thinks it's a muscle strain. FWIW

Smidgeon
01-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Orthopedic doc watching the game thinks it's a muscle strain. FWIW

Watching RR fall on it made me fear an ACL.

Fosco33
01-11-2016, 06:17 AM
I thought we'd win and head to az. I think Seattle will beat scam. We have a lot to do to come healthier and more prepared for cards but just imagine nfcc in lambeau.

Fosco33
01-11-2016, 06:23 AM
I liked seeing arod congrat teammates. He's not a leader than can pull ppl up - all the time. But he's excellent when other ppl start making plays.

smuggler
01-11-2016, 06:24 AM
Really a shame that Minny gave the game to Seattle at the end. I really don't want to play Seattle in the playoffs. I want them to be eliminated ASAP.

pbmax
01-11-2016, 06:54 AM
From Bob: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/green-bay-packers-vs-washington-redskins-b99647996z1-364792851.html

When fullback John Kuhn was on the field, McCarthy said defensive coordinator Joe Barry played with his heavyweight line in his 3-4 base. In the second quarter, the Packers played less with two backs and more with just one.

"We needed to get our tempo going," Lang said. "We had taken too long between plays. Huddling, not huddling. We didn't really know what we wanted to do.

"Once we started picking the tempo up and not allowing them to sub … that's how we want to look as an offense."

All about matchups. Packers could pass against their base with Kuhn as the only back.

Later in game, when they switched that up to help the backend, suddenly running was possible.

pbmax
01-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Same article from Bob above:

Instead of getting the ball out on time, which had been the secret to Cousins' success, the Packers had a well-executed scheme that appeared to confuse him early in his progression. Other than tight end Jordan Reed, the Packers fared well against the Redskins' three talented wide receivers.

In the end, the Packers heaped six sacks upon Cousins. Even Trent Williams, the franchise left tackle, appeared responsible for two sacks.

I think both were by Perry.

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2016, 07:07 AM
^Now all they have to do is go to Arizona and scheme to confuse Palmer. hehe

pbmax
01-11-2016, 07:26 AM
Has anyone conducted a Twitter poll about Rodgers versus Cousins today?

pbmax
01-11-2016, 07:28 AM
Safety Morgan Burnett had 11 tackles. Randall had eight and a breakup, Hayward had seven and a breakup and Hyde had seven and a breakup. But no stat was bigger than the tackle Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had in the first quarter after Jackson beat Randall on a crossing route in the red zone.

Ankle Biter!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-secondary-bats-away-challenges-b99647998z1-364818541.html

Pugger
01-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Really a shame that Minny gave the game to Seattle at the end. I really don't want to play Seattle in the playoffs. I want them to be eliminated ASAP.

Carolina will take care of that.

Guiness
01-11-2016, 10:19 AM

Hate to agree with you (and red!) but this is how I feel. I am impressed that the D stopped their offense, which was playing pretty well, but moving the ball against them is not a great accomplishment.

Did anyone really think the offense was back after hanging 30 points against Oakland? Or 28 on Dallas? I hate being this pessimistic, but it's the way I feel about this team. I feel the Pack's best chance this week-end lies with the defense making the game changing plays, not the offense.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Did anyone really think the offense was back after hanging 30 points against Oakland? Or 28 on Dallas? I hate being this pessimistic, but it's the way I feel about this team. I feel the Pack's best chance this week-end lies with the defense making the game changing plays, not the offense.

I agree. They exploited a weak defense, as they should. To beat AZ though, you are right about the defense. They were responsible for 24 points against AZ. To win this game, I think they need to score and the offense 1) can't give up points and 2) Rodgers has to be on fire with better protection. A smidge of a running game at least would be helpful, just to take off a little heat. 3) Don't think they can tolerate an entire quarter of bad offensive football.

George Cumby
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM
I am enjoying my crow this morning, it's delicious!

I thought the Packs dysfunction would allow the Racial Epithets to win, but they beat an inferior team on the road which is great.

I am pessimistic about AZ, though. They aren't going to fool Palmer and AZ's D ain't Like Washingtons.

Striker
01-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Dagger call (https://soundcloud.com/gopackgo50/gbwas-dagger)

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Anyone notice that Nick Perry actually looks halfway decent as a rusher when healthy? Looked fast yesterday.

Also, I noticed he wasn't wearing his normal cyborg brace. What's up with that? Shoulder finally better after two years?

pbmax
01-11-2016, 01:20 PM
^ I don't know because he has missed some practice time the last two weeks. But he looked good yesterday.

Pugger
01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Dagger call (https://soundcloud.com/gopackgo50/gbwas-dagger)

"We like that!!"

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Big shout out to HaHa after that game. It's been great seeing him just get better and better this season. He and Burnett are a great S combo.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 01:37 PM
^ I don't know because he has missed some practice time the last two weeks. But he looked good yesterday.

Perry has a third move - He had bull rush and upfield rush. Yesterday he showed off a nice shoulder dip/twist/whatever you call that. If he pulled a spin move* at AZ, I think I would infarct. Nice game for him.

* spin move notes:
1)Someone had a fake spin move this past weekend and absolutely destroyed the O-lineman. I forget which game it was
2) Packers better be prepared for the spin move from Freeney. Two weeks ago, Barclay looked like he'd never watched Freeney play before and got laundered in the spin cycle.

Smidgeon
01-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Big shout out to HaHa after that game. It's been great seeing him just get better and better this season. He and Burnett are a great S combo.

Burnett was ranked the #3 safety in the league this year by Football Outsiders, calling him "near elite".

He's pretty good. Hopefully HaHa can continue to improve.

Tony Oday
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Micah Hyde had a good day.

beveaux1
01-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Casey Hayward had a good day.

Tony Oday
01-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Casey Hayward had a good day.

Who saw that coming? Not I.

ThunderDan
01-11-2016, 03:06 PM

I actually like Casey Hayward a lot. We found out this year he is bad at playing the outside CB but as a nickel or dime in the slot I think it is above average.

ThunderDan
01-11-2016, 03:08 PM

I actually like Casey Hayward a lot. We found out this year he is bad at playing the outside CB but as a nickel or dime in the slot I think he is above average.

Tony Oday
01-11-2016, 03:18 PM
I think he is terrible.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Perry has a third move - He had bull rush and upfield rush. Yesterday he showed off a nice shoulder dip/twist/whatever you call that. If he pulled a spin move* at AZ, I think I would infarct. Nice game for him.

* spin move notes:
1)Someone had a fake spin move this past weekend and absolutely destroyed the O-lineman. I forget which game it was
2) Packers better be prepared for the spin move from Freeney. Two weeks ago, Barclay looked like he'd never watched Freeney play before and got laundered in the spin cycle.

I think that was Bennett in the MN game. Was sick as shit.

Teamcheez1
01-11-2016, 03:34 PM
So are we just writing Shields off for the rest of the season? He is now missed all or part of 7 games this season.

pbmax
01-11-2016, 04:15 PM
The fake spin move was fantastic because it wasn't really a matter of contact with the Tackle but a move away from him and a spin back that was similar to the best crossover dribble you have ever seen.

pbmax
01-11-2016, 04:20 PM

* spin move notes:

Yeah the inside move was a surprise. Now that you have mentioned it, not sure why I wasn't more surprised by it. It was a sweet counter to his outside rush.

Someone besides Daniels was pushing the pocket deep in the middle. Had to be Guion or Pennel. But they were abusing that poor Guard all game. I imagine a fight at the LOS to stay opposite that guy.

pbmax
01-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Sorry for the size, but the source didn't yield a decent GIF without a high frame rate.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2_1.gif

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 04:39 PM
No wonder Sitton had trouble with that guy

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 04:41 PM
So are we just writing Shields off for the rest of the season? He is now missed all or part of 7 games this season.

After Shields got hurt, I mentioned that the look of it was almost identical to what happened to Joe Haden. Haden was on the injured list for four weeks before they IRed him. (they may have IRed him because the season was lost; Packers can hang in there)

pbmax
01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
I am more worried by Shields because he practiced then did not practice at all. So he had a concussion and then a setback.

Joemailman
01-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I think he is terrible.

Hayward was outstanding. Just ask DeSean Jackson. Oh, and Hayward wasn't covering Jackson on the reception that could have been A TD if Jackson stretched out.

red
01-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Hayward was outstanding. Just ask DeSean Jackson. Oh, and Hayward wasn't covering Jackson on the reception that could have been A TD if Jackson stretched out.i thought hayward had a real rough day until sometime in the 4th quarter, then he picked it up

but he was brutal early

Bossman641
01-11-2016, 07:02 PM
i thought hayward had a real rough day until sometime in the 4th quarter, then he picked it up

but he was brutal early

Really? Reed was the main target for Washington and the majority of his yards came at Hyde's expense IMO. The WR's didn't do a whole lot...Garcon 5 for 70, Jackson 2 for 17, Crowder 3 for 15. The RB Thompson picked up 8 for 89 but the majority of those were late after the Pack was up 17.

denverYooper
01-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Arizona = Aunt Edna.

Or her dog.

It just occurred to me McGinn = Aunt Edna. We'll say a prayer for him and drop him off in Flagstaff.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
It just occurred to me McGinn = Aunt Edna. We'll say a prayer for him and drop him off in Flagstaff.

I prefer to think of McGinn as the scrappy annoying dog. Poor little guy, he probably hung in there for a mile or so...

Patler
01-12-2016, 02:20 AM
I am more worried by Shields because he practiced then did not practice at all. So he had a concussion and then a setback.

When that happens, it almost seems like they start all over again. I will be surprised if he plays this week, or next. Of course, I will be pleasantly surprised in any Packers play next week!

Fritz
01-12-2016, 05:33 AM
Man, it would be good to have him back this week. Randall seems awfully banged up right now. Lots of talk of the Redskins' banged-up secondary, but Green Bay was missing Shields, and I think at one point Randall and Rollins, too.

Guiness
01-12-2016, 05:37 AM
Watched the game last night and...it did not inspire confidence. Washington is not a good team, and they still gave the Packers fits on both sides of the ball last night. Dropped balls and missed passes on O, the day Reed had against the defense are pretty worrisome.

smuggler
01-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Hayward had one bad play in maybe the 2nd quarter, where it looked like he would be abused all day. It just never happened.

ThunderDan
01-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Hayward had one bad play in maybe the 2nd quarter, where it looked like he would be abused all day. It just never happened.

Yup, he fucked up on the one handed stab by the Wash receiver. I am sure he thought he was going to get an INT so he raised his arms to pick the ball off. He didn't think the Wash player would get a hand on it. If he had he easily could have knocked the ball away.

Patler
01-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Yup, he fucked up on the one handed stab by the Wash receiver. I am sure he thought he was going to get an INT so he raised his arms to pick the ball off. He didn't think the Wash player would get a hand on it. If he had he easily could have knocked the ball away.

It was suggested that the throw was actually to a player behind them, and Hayward undercut that route perfectly, had the shallower player not made a great play. I watched it several times, and I believe that may in fact have been the case.

Guiness
01-12-2016, 10:07 AM
It was suggested that the throw was actually to a player behind them, and Hayward undercut that route perfectly, had the shallower player not made a great play. I watched it several times, and I believe that may in fact have been the case.

Agreed. It was a TE crossing over the middle that made the reception, pretty sure it was Reed. Hayward was covering someone else, DeSean I think, Reed was Jake Ryan's man.

woodbuck27
01-12-2016, 10:45 AM
No wonder Sitton had trouble with that guy

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet on this thread but JC Tretter looked fine at Tackle,.

Did any here see this as your observation and agree !?

I saw the OL playing much better and allowed some deeper pass plays ie the ARod to James Jones inside and deeper pass route completion.

We're certainly gong to need James Jones at his very best Satutday in Arizona.

We need to se a WR coach in place next season; a specialized coaching position MM eliminated that by calling for the QB Coach 'Van Pelt' to assume that responsibility as well.

It appears now that decision may have contributed to a struggling passing game this season. Where did the imagination go on route running. We don't need WR's that can burn down the field we need them to get open for easier targets