PDA

View Full Version : J.C. Tretter - Fuckdoggle Award???

Patler
01-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Come on, he deserves it!

denverYooper
01-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Indeed.

Patler
01-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Maybe Ladarious Gunter? Big defensive play.
1st Runner-up Fuckdoggle!

Striker
01-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Concur.

KYPack
01-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Tretter?
Gunter?

One or the 'tother

red
01-10-2016, 09:08 PM
gotta be tretter, he did it the whole game and did it better then the regular guy IMO

maybe gunter wins it next week with more playing time

Harlan Huckleby
01-10-2016, 09:09 PM
I'd give the fuckdoggle to Gunter because he is from the dark and lonely end of the roster.
Tretter's been a good player for a couple years. I think he's had a good season, not surprising that he held his own. Maybe Tretter deserves the game ball, but he is already a somebody.

I think both guys should be playing more. Tretter might be better than Bakh.

pbmax
01-10-2016, 09:09 PM
I am on-board. Left Tackle and playoff game adds to the degree of difficulty.

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2016, 10:30 PM
He seemed to struggle early then get going pretty well. I wonder if he does have LT potential long term. I am guessing he hopes so given the difference in pay from center to LT :)

beveaux1
01-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Tretter's the best backup lineman on the roster. I think he could play anywhere with very little drop off.

Pugger
01-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Give it to Tretter.

Fritz
01-11-2016, 10:08 AM
gotta be tretter, he did it the whole game and did it better then the regular guy IMO

maybe gunter wins it next week with more playing time

If Tretter doesn't get it, then the Fuckdoggle is a joke.

The dude is a center by trade. A backup center.

So the backup center has to start at left tackle - the most important position on the line - because the starter is out, and the "real" backup (Barclay) stunk up the joint so bad that the next game they moved the starting left guard out to left tackle, and he didn't get it done, either, despite supposedly being the best lineman on the team.

So this nobody center starts at left tackle and allows a sack for a safety right off the bat - then plays shut-down football the rest of the game.

Impressive. He's the very definition of the award.

Now, if Bahk is out again and Tretter performs at the same high level and the Packers win, then he's in the running for the Bruce Wilkerson Award.

Freak Out
01-11-2016, 10:11 AM
If Tretter doesn't get it, then the Fuckdoggle is a joke.

The dude is a center by trade. A backup center.

So the backup center has to start at left tackle - the most important position on the line - because the starter is out, and the "real" backup (Barclay) stunk up the joint so bad that the next game they moved the starting left guard out to left tackle, and he didn't get it done, either, despite supposedly being the best lineman on the team.

So this nobody center starts at left tackle and allows a sack for a safety right off the bat - then plays shut-down football the rest of the game.

Impressive. He's the very definition of the award.

Now, if Bahk is out again and Tretter performs at the same high level and the Packers win, then he's in the running for the Bruce Wilkerson Award.

And the sack is really on Rodgers....Tretter balled his ass off.

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Tretter gets it. See the Fuckdoggle thread. And I hand it out recalling Campen's response to my preseason question:

Mraynrand: "Does Tretter back up at center or all across the line?"
Campen: "Yes"

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 10:14 AM
And the sack is really on Rodgers....Tretter balled his ass off.

The sack also is the responsibility of the play call and the protection scheme. But Tretter wasn't great on that play.

Guiness
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
I haven't seen the game and an anxious to see how he did. Riddle me this though, why was Sitton put out there vs the Cards in the first place? I remember watching him, his body type, the way he moved and thinking it was just a bad damn idea. Didn't Tretter get some snaps at LT earlier in the season when Bakh went out for a few plays? Maybe that was Lang.

For the Fuckdoggle, it's a horse race but if Gunther played well and made a difference (keep in mind I haven't seen it yet!) he'd get my vote. When I saw his name here, it took me a couple of seconds to remember who he was. Anybody who pays a bit of attention to the team knows Tretter, and having some starts under his belt hurts him :talk:

If Tretter ends up being a viable LT, one more piece of evidence to show what a crapshoot the draft is. Packers spend first round picks in consecutive years on players projected to be LTs, nada, then get to of them with mid-round picks the same year???

Bossman641
01-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen the game and an anxious to see how he did. Riddle me this though, why was Sitton put out there vs the Cards in the first place? I remember watching him, his body type, the way he moved and thinking it was just a bad damn idea. Didn't Tretter get some snaps at LT earlier in the season when Bakh went out for a few plays? Maybe that was Lang.

For the Fuckdoggle, it's a horse race but if Gunther played well and made a difference (keep in mind I haven't seen it yet!) he'd get my vote. When I saw his name here, it took me a couple of seconds to remember who he was. Anybody who pays a bit of attention to the team knows Tretter, and having some starts under his belt hurts him :talk:

If Tretter ends up being a viable LT, one more piece of evidence to show what a crapshoot the draft is. Packers spend first round picks in consecutive years on players projected to be LTs, nada, then get to of them with mid-round picks the same year???

I don't believe Tretter got snaps at LT against the Cards. It was Barclay at LT. Sitton played LT against the Vikings last week.

Barclay started at LT in that game. Bulaga got injured and Walker replaced him. Tretter eventually replaced Walker after he struggled. I think Tretter might have also played a little center in that game after Linsley got injured.

Does make you wonder why Tretter didn't get any snaps last week at LT though.

Guiness
01-11-2016, 11:14 AM
I don't believe Tretter got snaps at LT against the Cards. It was Barclay at LT. Sitton played LT against the Vikings last week.

Barclay started at LT in that game. Bulaga got injured and Walker replaced him. Tretter eventually replaced Walker after he struggled. I think Tretter might have also played a little center in that game after Linsley got injured.

Does make you wonder why Tretter didn't get any snaps last week at LT though.

Sounds right. I was pretty sure Tretter got snaps at tackle, but maybe it was RT against the Cards after Bulaga went down and Walker was ineffective. Did Barclay play the whole game at LT?

Bossman641
01-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Ya I'm pretty sure Barclay spent the whole game at LT

mraynrand
01-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Ya I'm pretty sure Barclay spent the whole game at LT

usually, about 1.5 seconds after the snap, he was at right tackle.