PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Packerrats I'm now a Proud Member of the 25K Post Club.

woodbuck27
01-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Yes ........I made it. This is actually my 25,004th post.

I want to dedicate this post to our owner MadtownPacker for without his generosity and constant efforts to make this Green Bay Packer HOME the awesome forum that it is; my accomplishment wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks Mad.

I also want to thank the general membership (formerly and presently active here) for making OUR Packer home 'SPECIAL'. Y'all deserve to pat yourselves on the back.

I also want to express my wish that all the former posters we had here would return at least from time to time to say hello. Tell us how you've been and how do you feel about the present Green Bay Packer team.

We have a good place to discuss the Green Bay Packers and to bring up any topic of personal interest in this comprehensive topic forum. It's all here to express yourself.

Again ......Thank YOU ALL.

Post Packers here and PLEASE post often. Your input is of value.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

My name is Ed.

Freak Out
01-14-2016, 10:00 PM
Congrats Ed. You might have the highest word count as well.

wist43
01-14-2016, 10:27 PM
That's a lot of work dude, lol...

You're one of my favorites :)

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Woody, the Hanson brothers raise their sticks to salute you.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/2012/10/11/33e263_060611hanson001.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
01-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Mad's constant efforts to make this forum awesome? Now that's funny. Congrats, Woody.

mraynrand
01-14-2016, 11:25 PM
25,000 posts and at least 4 or 5 are totally comprehensible. Congrats!*

*Mraynrand: doing the jobs that Scott Campbell won't do for four years running.

wist43
01-15-2016, 12:28 AM
Yes ........I made it. This is actually my 25,004th post.

I want to dedicate this post to our owner MadtownPacker for without his generosity and constant efforts to make this Green Bay Packer HOME the awesome forum that it is; my accomplishment wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks Mad.

I also want to thank the general membership (formerly and presently active here) for making OUR Packer home 'SPECIAL'. Y'all deserve to pat yourselves on the back.

I also want to express my wish that all the former posters we had here would return at least from time to time to say hello. Tell us how you've been and how do you feel about the present Green Bay Packer team.

We have a good place to discuss the Green Bay Packers and to bring up any topic of personal interest in this comprehensive topic forum. It's all here to express yourself.

Again ......Thank YOU ALL.

Post Packers here and PLEASE post often. Your input is of value.

My name is Ed.

"Former posters..." are ninnies :taunt:

RashanGary
01-15-2016, 07:02 AM
congrats!

Willard
01-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Congrats Woody! I believe a compilation of your posts in book form would sell well at the Packer Pro Shop. Despite also joining this community in 2006 I appear to be a bit behind you in post count. My remedy will be to congratulate you another 24,115 times in this thread. Thanks for the inspiration!:pack:

smuggler
01-15-2016, 08:48 AM
It's even more impressive with Wood because each post is 5 paragraphs in length. Sort of like a batter seeing 7 pitches every at-bat.

MadScientist
01-15-2016, 09:16 AM
I was concerned that the title mean that this post was going to be 25K words long.

George Cumby
01-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Congratulations to everyone's semi-lovable crazy Canuck. This place wouldn't be the same without you, Wood!

esoxx
01-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Woody! Incredible Packer fan & legendary poster.

Maxie the Taxi
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Way to get in your two cents worth, Woody.

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Thank You : Freak Out. Your the later night member I read here often. A constant contributor to MJZiggy's awesome Jukebox thread. Are you a Vampire?

I see you as 'a man of the world'. You get around and lead a very eclectic and interesting life. Your a solidly loyal Packer fan and would be interesting as a weekend companion in any setting you choose to drop into. You have a desire to enjoy some of the finer beverages and foods offered in this part of the world....I couldn't help not notice your tastes and in particularly that for good beer and spirits.

I imagine you to be some sort of business man who has to travel or get around to better your life for yourself and those you care for. You take a certain pride in proper conditioning.

Your 'the Master' of 'the short on words post'. Even a 'LOL' from you.... rings loud and clear. You bring your personal message to this board and have gained a certain unique respect for yourself.

Packerrats values you Freak Out as a loyal member.

Happy New Year Packer fan.

I hope you'll be fully mended soon and thus able to partake in all you endeavour to enjoy and enhances your quality of life.

Peace Out ......woodbuck27

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 03:15 PM
^^^ sounds like true love, Freak

Freak Out
01-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Thank You : Freak Out. Your the later night member I read here often. A constant contributor to MJZiggy's awesome Jukebox thread. Are you a Vampire?

I see you as 'a man of the world'. You get around and lead a very eclectic and interesting life. Your a solidly loyal Packer fan and would be interesting as a weekend companion in any setting you choose to drop into. You have a desire to enjoy some of the finer beverages and foods offered in this part of the world....I couldn't help not notice your tastes and in particularly that for good beer and spirits.

I imagine you to be some sort of business man who has to travel or get around to better your life for yourself and those you care for. You take a certain pride in proper conditioning.

Your 'the Master' of 'the short on words post'. Even a 'LOL' from you.... rings loud and clear. You bring your personal message to this board and have gained a certain unique respect for yourself.

Packerrats values you Freak Out as a loyal member.

Happy New Year Packer fan.

I hope you'll be fully mended soon and thus able to partake in all you endeavour to enjoy and enhances your quality of life.

Peace Out ......woodbuck27

GO PACK GO !

AK time my friend. Although I do stay up late a couple nights a week.

Freak Out
01-15-2016, 03:37 PM
I would really love to meet some "Rats" again.....not Madtown though.

HowardRoark
01-15-2016, 03:44 PM
Evidently Freak needs a new avatar

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1325797300/2804546757_5d034c1d29.jpg

HowardRoark
01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
It's even more impressive with Wood because each post is 5 paragraphs in length. Sort of like a batter seeing 7 pitches every at-bat.

Speaking of bats.....

http://www.jeffmcdonaldonline.com/FullSize/ConceptIll-BatsIntheBelfry-04.jpg

Freak Out
01-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Evidently Freak needs a new avatar

Not far off actually. I am a bit younger though.

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Thank You Wist43..... I pay you this respect ... I'm a Wist43 fan.:

A) Your tireless efforts at Packerrats and all that while not in the best health ( I hope your feeling stronger Wist43 ).

B) Your way of seeing things especially in regards to the 'Front Seven'; and in particular the proper utilization of the LBer position........ is intriguing.

Some members oppose your views and may deem your attitude wrong. I've often wondered...Are those members wearing the "I'm a Homer" Tee..

All the same your never side tracked....You make your regular post game contribution that makes this a better place. Your FIRST and all that should really matter here ....a Packer fan.

I'm on your side Wist43...... It's all about the team being properly prepared and then play well and hopefully the BONUS ! Complete that game as ' the Victor '.

JUST WIN !

You cannot make the best soup with inferior ingredients. TT and MM <<< It's on those guy's to ensure the BEST ingredients from an acquisition..... coaching...communicating game prep standpoint. The Packer roster has to have the depth required in an NFL; wherein the Big Prize comes down to talent and surviving adversity.

TT has to make a daily mental check on the fact he and MM need the very best 53 Man roster. Upgrading that 53 Man Roster has to be 'a Primary Focus'.

An Imaginary message ......as possibly :cry:, Ted Thompson ignores the sound resource that's Packerray See Bill Belichick TT.

Your tough on Packers DC Dom Capers Wist43.

In my view of this huge game at Arizona Sat. evening...If Dom Capers cannot game plan to get to Carson Palmer and disrupt the Cardinals 'O' we ... will... lose... the... game.

If the defense underperforms; isn't properly coordinated to pressure Carson Palmer. We might see ... a Final Score > 2 TD loss ? I havn't checked the Line out of Vegas yet.

If the Packer 'D' doesn't apply pressure Vs the pass. Serious consideration should be paid to ...NO ! ! ..... DC Dom Capers should be replaced. When I look back at huge games since the Packers won their last Super Bowl. I was pleased with how the Pack handled Bill Belichick's side last year @ Lambeau. Otherwise I cannot find for Dom Capers and DC going forward. Capers has.... like the Pack's former wash as a ST Coach had; too much time to get it right.
Dom Capers and MM have to get the best out of defenders like CM III, Julius Peppers and Mike Daniels. We need to see the new players that are starting and the Subs step it up or go 'ALL IN '. Hopefully we see CB Sam Shields back but realistically what can we expect from Sam. We must see BJ Raji demonstrate more than a huge lump of 'small m' man that's easily pushed off balance to the side of the real action point. Damn BJ Raji....I just don't get that guy. I see BJ Raji as a waste of a Roster spot as a starter and $ Cap $. Sorry BJ Raji and TT fans........but I do......errrr don't. LOL :whaa:

Funny how posters here will stand on my face and feel that BJ Raji is the REAL Deal. He's a BIG MAN that's way too often pushed to his knees.....far out of the play. How often we see BJ Raji on the ground or otherwise neutralized by an offensive lineman that owns him.

** The Packers OL is vital and must protect their QB. JC Tretter did a decent job filling in at LT in spite of his resume. That was noticed by football experts on our TSN Program. ... and especially by Canada's Expert Analyst, Chris Schultz. Schultzy is a fine football guy and what he says is often intriguing / impressive. Too many analysts can't fill his boots. I some times wonder if the crap they spill out of their mouth isn't simply to confuse us Pro Pickem' NFL fans. If their receiving pay checks to elicit foolishness.

The other thing with former NFL players turned analyst. They remain loyal to their former teams and that results in subjective bias and what they tell us overall NFL fans; so........... buyer beware.

My advice...read... read ...and read more.

*** Get things NFL inside of you.

THANKS AGAIN Wist43. :glug:

I've a lot of members to respond to in this thread.

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
When Freak takes a break to get a beer, The Packers pause their game.

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Woody, the Hanson brothers raise their sticks to salute you.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/2012/10/11/33e263_060611hanson001.jpg

Hey Harlan: Thanks so much. :thank:

Remember way back at JSO and We ran the Huck and Buck Comedy Show. That was a load of fun.

The night we had to face off Vs Shinbasket and Nutz. Wow those members......wheuuuuu ! Their gibs cut from a different bolt of cloth ...for sure. Good Times !!!! :duel:

Those were some wild and crazy days. Then we went to what? Christian (Explorer?) or something like that!?

Imagine the courage of that Forum's owner taking on this Rag Tag assortment of incredible personality's...Ohh Man ! The worst Pirate Ship had sweeter people. I mean the way it once was. These days are a far cry from the madness of old.

Thanks for any support you ever gave for me Harlan. The general membership doesn't really know the full essence of woodbuck27 and 25 K posts. I believe you do.

Sometimes you have to just set down that plough and do those rows. Screw any deterrents / distractions. Land full on the opposition. I'm so pleased that crap has ended except for an echo of what once existed here. It seems in my experience. There's an ever present character that exists in every community

That sort provides us with a certain brand of entertainment and a point of focus to realize just how good our esteem is in comparison.

All the same and now:

I doubt very much if any place exists quite as awesomely wonderful and colorfully dysfunctional at times as Packerrats has been. Those of us that remain loyal to OUR PACKER Home are such winners !

Congratulations to all Packerrats ......y'all share a superior experience here ! Much more than OUR NFL Team and Rastak's Vikings loyalty to boot. This site is fully ready to accommodate whatever you desire to discuss .... to contribute.

Harlan I realize you had a huge part in the evolution of what we are today.

Thank You Packer fan.

:rs:

I LOVE THIS PLACE !

GO PACK GO !

Harlan Huckleby
01-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Then we went to what? Christian (Explorer?) or something like that!?

I thought this still was a religious site. Has there been a hostile takeover? Saints preserve us!

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 04:48 PM
I thought this still was a religious site. Has there been a hostile takeover? Saints encourage us!

FIFY

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Mad's constant efforts to make this forum awesome? Now that's funny. Congrats, Woody.

Harvey:

What can I write that characterizes what you mean to me as a Packer and NFL fan and fellow poster.

I'll make thus short n sweet. (maybe NOT :-)) You Sir know football.

Your in a class with few others on this forum that I acknowledge as the Ultimate Football Fan.

I have you in a close tie with my Ole Pal here 'B'. or Bretzky.

Wowzerr ! It's just like Wayne Gretzky or... a difficult name to recall the proper spelling.

I'll add this Harvey. To be mentioned in the same classification in terms of the esteem I hold for the poster I affectionately refer to as 'B' is high praise indeed,

Thanks Harvey for being a Co-member of Green Bay Packer going back a decade now to JSO and our evolution to where we are now. Members of what may well be the BEST NFL Team Fan Forum in existence.

I think also that the design of Packerrats is just fine. I think I read or dreamed LOL...that some member here wasn't pleased with our owners taste and all this Forum is in terms of features and COLOR and overall design.

That had to be :huh: a minor nightmare. :no: This Forum ROCKS in terms of it's features and ways/means to post with style...pizazz.

Sometimes it's been a wee ..no a whole lot heated here and especially as the sides were drawn and this over a Packer Legend.

Everyone here knows. My support for Brett Favre is timeless.

If there was a word to describe Brett Favre that exceeded the word LEGENDARY....he indeed deserves that compliment.

I've been known to be STRONG in terms of my views. If I ever pissed you off. I'm deeply sorry Harvey.

I always respected you.

TRULY Devoted and Dedicated Green Bay Packer fan

This has been me since 1958 - 59.......starting at and throughout the Vince Lombardi Era. :wow: Those were the DAYS and Green Bay Packers. The word that comes to mind:

domination

Thanks again HarveyWallbangers.....It's been good and educational to read your posts. Through your knowledge and football I've been challenged to grow.

PACKERS FOREVER !!

My Name is Ed.

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
As a friend once responded to a dying 6 lb Walleye.... flopping around furiously on the filleting table:

" Calm down please....I'll soon get to you....you'll just have to be patient."

I certainly need to think what I should write concerning my fellow posters.

Again......Thanks so much.

mraynrand
01-15-2016, 08:05 PM
I know I'm looking forward to another 25K of riveting tales from the woodbuck, such as his contaminated water well/chipmunk diarrhea bowel sharts. Eww. :)

woodbuck27
01-15-2016, 11:42 PM
congrats!

Thanks Justin Harrell.

I remember when the team was in it's growing sages after Favre you'd post some of the best analysis here

I miss your more regular and keen insight into things Green bay Packer.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 12:21 AM
25,000 posts and at least 4 or 5 are totally comprehensible. Congrats!*

*Mraynrand: doing the jobs that Scott Campbell won't do for four years running.

The Desiderata

" Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,

even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble,

it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Congrats Woody! I believe a compilation of your posts in book form would sell well at the Packer Pro Shop. Despite also joining this community in 2006 I appear to be a bit behind you in post count. My remedy will be to congratulate you another 24,115 times in this thread. Thanks for the inspiration!:pack:

Hello Willard:

One congratulation from a sincere fellow member here is all I might ever hope for ... desire Willard.

Thank 'YOU' for yours. Your sincere gesture of respect means a lot to me.

Indeed, a lot of work went into many of those 25 K posts.

I hope that somewhere in my contribution I've touched the members here with my sense of humour...my sincerity in terms of best wishes for all of Packer Nation.

That when I'm gone from this life Packerrats is living on and the membership will remember me as a Packer fan with an undaunted Spirit and Love for Packerrats and The Green Bay Packers.

LEWCWA
01-16-2016, 06:31 AM
I've got too much time on my hands! can you still see the letters on the keyboard?

Rastak
01-16-2016, 06:42 AM
I know I'm looking forward to another 25K of riveting tales from the woodbuck

Lol....congrats Woody!

That's a fair number of posts.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 07:43 AM

Thanks smuggler.

Your one of the earliest members of Packerrats. Your 'it seems to me' a member to pay attention to when the topic turns seriously to ' the life blood ' of our beloved Packers ... the NFL Draft. We rely on the Scouting Dept. to do an outstanding job in aiding Packer GM Ted Thompson and his Draft Team. By participating in our College Draft discusson you smuggler provide a check...help Packerrats membership be more on top of THE NFL Draft.

I'll be watching for your posts on that topic this off season. It's a good leaning activity we all might get more involved in as time and freedom permits. I find it exciting to be just one member of Packer Nation and keenly involved in 'the jive and pitch here' and all things NFL Draft.

This is such an important question:

Who do we feel on a per Draft Round basis is a decent prospect from the College talent pool? I look forward to your Mock Draft smuggler.

This is exciting. Which prospects will be the best TT and Company fit for the Packers future?

There isn't an area of anything Packers that tops this one for me; our team's lifeblood

I enjoy and learn from everyone's input on the DRAFT.

[SIZE=1]Packerrats Please.....join smuggler [COLOR="#000000"]and red ...and I ...and inform us all who do you hope lands as a Drafted Packer Rookie for the 2016 Season?

GO PACKERS! GO PACK GO !!

Fritz
01-16-2016, 09:00 AM
As a friend once responded to a dying 6 lb Walleye.... flopping around furiously on the filleting table:

" Calm down please....I'll soon get to you....you'll just have to be patient."

I certainly need to think what I should write concerning my fellow posters.

Again......Thanks so much.

Woody,

When I read your posts, I think that you must've dropped some acid back in 1969 and you're still having flashbacks.

Ain't no one like you on this board.

Congrats on passing the 25K mark.

Fritz

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 09:33 AM
The Desiderata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilFzLb9D2fQ

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Congratulations to everyone's semi-lovable crazy Canuck. This place wouldn't be the same without you, Wood!

Thank You Mr. George Cumby:

I'm very happy to say I'm a Packerrat George. I inform many people that I encounter on my path...of this fabulous Green Bay Packer Forum. I've checked out several NFL Team fan sites and this exciting Packer home is the best. Of course I'm prejudiced.

I think that the Crazy Canuck needs at this time to post a special joke for you George Cumby...I've an arsenal of them so this needs to be just so and in the proper context of your post.

Some background:

I'm an Irish Canadian. I come from arguably the most Irish City in Canada..Saint John, NB.

Paddy O'Brian a Maritimer and Irish Canadian (a bad combination and drink) is driving home after downing a more than a few drafts of cold beer at the Three Mile Tavern in Saint John, NB. He's loaded yet knows like most adults that he's an excellent driver. Now his trip is so far so good when suddenly concentrating like blue blazes to get his bones home safely he's faced with a challenge. There...at the corner and much to his horror he sees a tree in the middle of the road.

His reflexes are superb and he swerves to avoid the tree and almost too late realizes that there's yet another tree directly in his path. He swerves again and discovers that his drive home has turned into a slalom course, causing him to veer from side to side to avoid all the trees.

Moments later he hears the sound of a police siren and being a law abiding citizen Paddy brings his car to a prompt stop.

The officer.... Sargent Patrick Bonner actually grew up with Paddy, and approaches Paddy's car with a grin on his face..... and asks Paddy what on earth he was doing.

Paddy relieved he knew the officer is comfortable and tells his story of the trees in the road... when suddenly Patrick stops him mid sentence....

"Fer Chris sakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener yer seeing!" [/I]

In keeping with who I am .....one more George: :-)

Saint John was a rough City to grow up in as there were Religious ' issues ' raised by the large populations of Irish Catholics and Protestants. Sincerely the history in Saint John, NB is awesome and the struggle between these two large groups in my home town was much like what existed in Belfast, Ireland. It's not so bad the last three decades.

With that Intro:

Irish prostitute

Catherine Ann a young Irish Catholic woman from Saint John, New Brunswick set out to seek her fortune in Upper Canada and arrived in Toronto to work as a secretary. Soon after arriving she being a good young woman...began sending home money and gifts to her parents home. She was away for some time and the money and gifts never stopped.

After a few years her Mother asked her to come home for a visit, as her father was getting frail and elderly.

She pulled up to the family home in a Mercedes Sports Car and stepped out wearing furs and diamonds hung from around her neck and adorned the fingers of both hands. As Catherine Ann walked Into the house ... her Dad exclaimed:

"Hmmm - they seem to be paying Secretaries awfully well in Toronto."

Catherin Ann... took his hands and said:

"Dad - I've been meaning to tell you something for years but I didn't want to put it in a letter. I can't hide it from you any longer. I’ve become a prostitute."

Her father gasped, put his hand on his heart and keeled over.

The doctor was called but the old man had clearly lost the will to live. He was put to bed and the priest was called.
As the priest began to administer the sacrament of extreme unction, with the mother and daughter weeping and wailing, the old man muttered weakly:

"I'm a goner -- killed by my own daughter! Killed by the shame of what you've become!"

"Please forgive me" , his daughter sobbed,

" I only wanted to have nice things! I wanted to be able to send you money and the only way I could do it was by becoming a prostitute. "

Pushing the priest aside, the old man sat bolt upright in bed smiling and exclaimed:

" Did you say prostitute?...I thought you said PROTESTANT!! "

Big Game this evening George. The Pack is installed at last check.... as 7 point dogs.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO!!

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 09:45 AM
"Dad - I've been meaning to tell you something for years but I didn't want to put it in a letter. I can't hide it from you any longer. I’ve become a prostitute."

Did you say prostitute?...I thought you said PROTESTANT!!

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Woody. Live long and prosper.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 10:05 AM
I've got too much time on my hands! can you still see the letters on the keyboard?

Sure and .... on good days...I can read the screen.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your daughter, Woody. Live long and prosper.

Again mraynrand as I so often observe here:

Your confused as well as frustrated.

That's OK though. You do have support.

I was born Methodist and raised Irish Protestant.

In keeping with my loving parents advice to respect all people.

As we don't really know the exact reasons for the challenges some like you mraynrand face...and your struggles are so obviously severe:

I pray for your soul.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 10:25 AM
I pray for your soul.

Thanks! Right back atcha, Woody. And your daughter is in my prayers as well.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Congratulations Woody! Incredible Packer fan & legendary poster.

My good man esoxx:

Thank You so very much.

In keeping with your compliment that in all modesty challenges me to grow as a poster here. I want to express my sincerest respect for you.

In my experience at Packerrats I've come to appreciate you as one of, if not the most knowledgeable and keenest analyst in our population of solid football lovers and specifically in terms of your understanding of the NFL overall..

You and I have had excellent competitions over most of the last decade in Packerrats Pro Pickem. I always say to the Lady Mae.:

essox is the challenge for me. THE MAN TO BEAT in the Pro Pickem.

Quite frankly I cannot imagine any NFL fan in any forum or Fantasy challenge and a Pro Pickem' enthusiast.......

Amateur or even Expert.

That has a resume that distinguishes that NFL football fan or expert with a finer Performance Ranking than you have compiled as a member of Packerrats and your outstanding results in OUR Annual Pro Pickem competition.

I won't embarrass you esoxx by publishing the facts that support this outstanding TRUTH. Having full knowledge of your status and accomplishments I'm quite frankly blown away. I know just how much effort can go into staying at or near the top.

A member such as KYPack would verify this isn't an inaccurate statement. As would Superfan, ThunderDan, CaliforniaCheez, Eddie Lacy trucking Company and many others.

essox....YOUR simply 'the very very BEST'. It's been my great pleasure to observe this...my challenge to exceed you on any given season.

Your sincerely and in all TRUTH .... AWESOME in this regard esoxx.....and Packerrats is very fortunate to have you as a member.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 11:00 AM
I was concerned that the title mean that this post was going to be 25K words long.

I understand the challenge your faced with reading some of my posts MadScientist.

Mae and I travel with a laptop.

I believe I've read that you often rely on such to observe and post at Packerrats.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Lol....congrats Woody!

That's a fair number of posts.

Thanks Rastak.

I want to express this the pain I felt for your outstanding young kicker Blair Walsh.

His late game miss so close in for the game winning FG was something really unbelievable.

It may have shocked you the same way I was shocked at 'the Catch II' Terrell Owens startling Packer Nation....with a clutch reception in our endzone (surrounded by Packer defenders) on a deep slant route left; and that catch after a great throw by San Fran QB Steve Young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzThn8pkpC0

I'm happy for that young man that he's received such positive support from those that know/understand the correct response to a failure. That better than some of the puffed up idiot analysts on the NFL Network. ie Michael Irving looked terrible in his response to that "must have kick".

Is football so different than life? Didn't Michael Irving ever screw up in his Pro Career? He wasn't the 'only one and their poor judgement of maybe,..... one of..... if not the best young kicker in the NFL ever !

Sure he had to make that kick to win that game but the instant he missed that kick we as NFL (football fans) must enter into a more compassionate brand of analysis. Who in this life never fails?

On the flip side. It looked to me that with his body position he wasn't ever going to get that kick on target.....unless he pushed it to the right. his body was aligned with the ball and goal post to maybe sink that kick through on the extreme LHS of the goal posts. It wasn't pulled that much off course left as it was.

What did you see Rastak?

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Woody,

When I read your posts, I think that you must've dropped some acid back in 1969 and you're still having flashbacks.

Ain't no one like you on this board.

Congrats on passing the 25K mark.

Fritz

Thanks Fritz I appreciate your kindness.

Acid...... Ohh Yea !

I recommend this as 'a Friend', Fritz:

http://c2.q-assets.com/images/products/p/ztc/ztc-004_1z.jpg

I hope that Mike McCarthy has a healthy supply on the road tonight.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 12:08 PM
Way to get in your two cents worth, Woody.

Thanks Maxi:

Your keen insight into all things Green Bay Packer.... I truly appreciate.

Your value to this board is obvious.

Post often Maxi the Taxi.

If the team has a perfect game plan in Arizona the game this evening will be very.... very interesting to watch.

The team as I'm sure you know has been installed by Vegas as ...7 point road dogs.

My analysis overwhelmingly stresses, that the Green Bay Packers are done for this season tonight. Heck right now Vegas has that team as the favourite to win this season's Super Bowl.

My Packer fan heart says:

Just maybe the team has had an excellent week of preparation and with nothing to lose will pull an upset as the New York Giants did Vs the Green Bay Packers on a frigid day at Lambeau .... Jan. 20, 2008. The score...Giants 23-Packers 20 in OT.

I hope that for the Arizona Cardinals Jan.15, 2016 ... is a day in their history when that organization " gets it full on that "shit happens' ".

PACKERS FOREVER !

MadtownPacker
01-16-2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks! Right back atcha, Woody. And your daughter is in my prayers as well.
Will you please stop speaking about Woody's family so I don't have to inactivate all your accounts?

Is that gentle and non-threatening enough for you?

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Will you please stop speaking about Woody's family so I don't have to inactivate all your accounts?

He's not really referring to Woody's family. Obviously you didn't take time to read Woody's brief posts, chorizo breath.

Freak Out
01-16-2016, 12:44 PM
What an epic thread.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 01:18 PM

Woody has a daughter?

Mae a culpa

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 01:22 PM

BTW, threaten me all you want, cabrĂ³n. I've been begging you to ban me for years. You'd be doing me a favor.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 01:24 PM
When Freak insults Madtown, Madtown bans himself.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Voldemort requests that Freak call him by name.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Rand, you are shitting all over Woody's extended valentine.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 01:51 PM

I would start a separate thread for Freak, but I suspect I won't be around much longer.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 02:00 PM

If Scott Campbell were still here, I could focus my skills where they are most critically needed.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl2/6/61259/12_2009/2efd3caf65b02cd7_200266278-001.xlarger.jpg

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 02:14 PM
I would start a separate thread for Freak, but I suspect I won't be around much longer.

mraynrand simply remove the word 'manic' from your persona here.

Try to calm down.

That's excellent advice .....not ...support.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Woody has a daughter?

Mae a culpa

I have three (3) lovely daughters mraynrand.

falco
01-16-2016, 03:00 PM

where o where can my scott campbell be?

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 03:02 PM

Congrats. I am currently building a perfect second son using CRISPR/cas tech.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2016, 03:02 PM

You sound like a jewish mother

superfan
01-16-2016, 03:04 PM

Congrats on this impressive milestone. Even more impressive is the total word count you've contributed to this site. I'd love it if you could add up the total number of words you've posted and report back, that number would be staggering.

Haven't posted anything in a while but I don't really consider myself a former poster - more like an occasional lurker and less frequent poster.

Like everything else, hoping for a win today but not very optimistic. Here's a few things I'm looking for out of tonight's game:

1. Hopefully the offensive resurgence from the Washington game will carry over. And as much as I like the "free play", I'd like to see Rodgers take a few more shots downfield even when he doesn't have a free down. Considering how they've been fairly successful on those this year you'd think he'd realize he can afford to be more aggressive.

2. Something I HATE that seems to happen every game - the offense will be facing a 3rd down somewhere in the neighborhood of the 50 yard line and Rodgers will call a timeout as the play clock winds down. Then on the ensuing play they fail to convert and punt, thus wasting a timeout. No more of those please.

3. Defense needs to continue getting pressure and limit big plays and big penalties. I've been pretty happy with the defense this year, too busy being mad at the offense. If the D can hold Arizona to 20 or less GB has a pretty good chance to win.

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 03:05 PM
You sound like a jewish mother

And you're my disappointing son! ;)

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Superfan nice to see you here. +1000 on your point #2. So tired of the wasted TO with no first down.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2016, 03:10 PM

If you were a farmer and a traveling salesman's car broke-down near you, this could be the start of a very good joke.

swede
01-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Other than when I am drunk, I don't post on this site anymore because of Woody. But congrats anyway you syphilitic old Canuck.

And I am drunk.

And I was surprised as anyone to find out that Woody'sdaughter made money as a prostitute.

Which reminds me of a story: A Canadian, facing dire economic circumstances, sent his daughter out to sell her body so that he could maintain his daily rations of Molson and bacon. When she got home he asked how much she had made, and she said "100 dollars and ten cents". The old Canuck said, "Who gave you the worthless Canadian dime?" and she said, "They all did."

HowardRoark
01-16-2016, 03:25 PM
If you were a farmer and a traveling salesman's car broke-down near you, this could be the start of a very good joke.

http://www.gorgeous10.com/image.axd?picture=2010%2F10%2Fsatterfield_triplets .jpg

mraynrand
01-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Howard do you have erections. I mean directions?

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Congrats on this impressive milestone. Even more impressive is the total word count you've contributed to this site. I'd love it if you could add up the total number of words you've posted and report back, that number would be staggering.

Haven't posted anything in a while but I don't really consider myself a former poster - more like an occasional lurker and less frequent poster.

Like everything else, hoping for a win today but not very optimistic. Here's a few things I'm looking for out of tonight's game:

1. Hopefully the offensive resurgence from the Washington game will carry over. And as much as I like the "free play", I'd like to see Rodgers take a few more shots downfield even when he doesn't have a free down. Considering how they've been fairly successful on those this year you'd think he'd realize he can afford to be more aggressive.

2. Something I HATE that seems to happen every game - the offense will be facing a 3rd down somewhere in the neighborhood of the 50 yard line and Rodgers will call a timeout as the play clock winds down. Then on the ensuing play they fail to convert and punt, thus wasting a timeout. No more of those please.

3. Defense needs to continue getting pressure and limit big plays and big penalties. I've been pretty happy with the defense this year, too busy being mad at the offense. If the D can hold Arizona to 20 or less GB has a pretty good chance to win.

Hi superfan:

LOL counting all the words I've posted here @ Packerrats.....Ohh ...............................OK. :-)

Thinking....thinking...thinking......Darn on second thought I have trouble counting my marbles.

superfan: It's really great to see you here and read your informative post.

** I agree with regards to your observation of Aaronn Rodgers and calling a TO on 3rd down plays.

Aaron throwing the ball deep downfield ! ** Not so much agree Vs the Arizona Secondary and given the foot speed of our WR's.

Certainly the degree of success and the Dom Capers 'D ' pressuring Carson Palmer; is the biggest hope factor and having a realistic chance of playing in the NFC Final Vs Carolina or Seattle.

Some personal commentary and your proven value superfan to Packerrats:

Your an outstanding knowledgeable NFL and Packer fan and I believe I express this accurately on behalf of the membership. I know this is a fact as I've had to compete with you in the Packerrats Pro Pickem. I respect you totally superfan.

**** We miss your solid input here.

Personally I understand the importance of priorities for a young man as I believe you are superfan. I was once right there too superfan. Busy busy way too busy. I had a load of responsibilities between a leadership role at work and play and added to that.... I was a Family man. In hindsight and just recently I've realized I often missed out on a better reality with my priority choices in my past. That's just my observation of my life in hindsight. Today I do what I most desire doing.

Part of that desire is to contribute to Packerrats something I hope is informative or my observations on the NFL as a whole. I hope I give rise to some hilarity and give an eclectic contribution as well.

I expect we'll see you superfan as we rip and tear and munch and crunch all that's the NFL Draft and predict what TT will do there and be totally wrong.

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I certainly appreciate you.

PACKERS !

red
01-16-2016, 05:25 PM
congrats on having no real life

:glug:

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 05:26 PM

I know that joke.

I hid my daughters.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 05:29 PM
congrats on having no real life

:glug:

Hey red... :glug:

I do have a life too far away from Packerrats from late June through Nov. every year.

Now....when I get back here. I try to make up for that necessary neglect of my Packer home.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Other than when I am drunk, I don't post on this site anymore because of Woody. But congrats anyway you syphilitic old Canuck.

And I am drunk.

And I was surprised as anyone to find out that Woody'sdaughter made money as a prostitute.

Which reminds me of a story: A Canadian, facing dire economic circumstances, sent his daughter out to sell her body so that he could maintain his daily rations of Molson and bacon. When she got home he asked how much she had made, and she said "100 dollars and ten cents". The old Canuck said, "Who gave you the worthless Canadian dime?" and she said, "They all did."

Hi swede: I'm sorry for the hard times Packer fan. :!:

Time moves us onward. :five:

Your joke...Was that gal on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land by foot on land and canoe?

It seems she was away for a long time.

GO PACK GO !

Bretsky
01-16-2016, 05:59 PM
CONGRATS WOODY !!!

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 06:09 PM
CONGRATS WOODY !!!

Thank You 'B'. :-)

George Cumby
01-16-2016, 06:16 PM
http://www.gorgeous10.com/image.axd?picture=2010%2F10%2Fsatterfield_triplets .jpg

Dear Lord. They cloned my ex-GF.

woodbuck27
01-16-2016, 06:22 PM

Was she a handful?

pbmax
01-16-2016, 06:59 PM

Thread please?

woodbuck27
01-17-2016, 09:57 PM
My gift of myself to Y'All my fellow Packer fans.

"Life is not forgiving. You have one chance.

I believe that....Mike McCarthy will say that's not true. He remembers every one he ever blew !

Take joy in the small things Packer fans ie Aaron Rodgers second successful Hail Mary' pass of this season. What a Ruuuuuussssshhh ! and and and..........WHAT A Ruuuuuuuuuuusssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh !!

Great Packer fan moments.

The one's ARod gives us as gifts to hopefully for us all remember forever. These types of memories you do remember.

Forgive. Love easily but not recklessly.

I love you MM ...errrr ...well no ... I....ahh.... ...sure...............do. Hey you have to have a proper and good sense of humour or you'll be :whist:whistling at a wall :whist:some day.

Remember that you do not know a person's individual struggles until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Don't be quick to judge others.

I've encountered the worst damned people in my lifetime. I'm like 'a bad ass' magnet hahahaa.

I know this. Most times they can't get out of their own way. Best to get out of theirs. Then meditate good thoughts.... for them. You may even help them.

Give a helping hand.

Please ..... try to post something...anything that's of REAL value to Packerrats. Afterall aren't we supporting a common thing....The Green Bay Packers and one another as fellow citizens of this world?

Take the time to tell the ones you love how you feel about them. You are blessed by each persons presence in your life.

Certainly that's a TRUTH as even our enemy makes us better people.

Packerrats has unfortunately brought the worst out of posters at times Thankfully that's for the greatest extent mostly past. I'm personally pleased for Packerrats.....that the malcontents/winers.....the brats NOT rats are ... 'dust in the wind'....and that by their own self-destructive driven ..........loser ways.

Take five deep breaths a day and be thankful you were given another day.

Seldom do I forget this respect and gratefulness for the fullness and future of my life.

You will never know how strong you are until you don't think you can go on for another moment and you prove yourself wrong.

Never ...never... ever .... give up in what you truly believe is TRUTH. Maintain a sense of reality and YOUR proper sense of .....integrity.

Laughter truly is the best medicine. You will remember special moments with people in your life. Make sure to create and take full advantage of those. Treasure the moment and the memory.

I laugh a lot. I certainly get a load of amusement from reading posts here.

Stand up for what you believe in. Volunteer for a cause close to your heart. Always give back for the world does not owe you anything.

I sum this up with a simple saying I use with people I get to love being around them:

a) Be there or ..... Be Square. . . . and. . .

b)You gonna (slang) talk the talk ......or..... walk the talk?

Lay in the grass at night and look at the stars. Dance in the rain.

Think..when was the last time you got too simple and right .........there?

Exercise. Learn to cook and eat well.

Love yourself........... RIGHT.

Say please and thank you. Hold the door open for people entering or leaving a building. Smile and say hello to those you pass on the sidewalk. That small action could make their day.

Live with some manners and common sense to what decency really means.

Don't get stuck in your daily routine without exploring the world and taking vacations.

Give yourself breaks from any routine stuff. It's just stuff that you can replace with better stuff.

Life will pass you by. Don't wait until next year. It may not come.

Hey Friends here:

Pitter Patter ..........and.......... get Atter.

Love one another. Be kind.

Find the right path...that path that instills a TRUE and Comfortable PEACE within you.

Eat ice cream."

and LOVE YOUR GREEN BAY PACKERS !

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Packerrats has unfortunately brought the worst out of posters at times Thankfully that's for the greatest extent mostly past. I'm personally pleased for Packerrats.....that the malcontents/winers.....the brats NOT rats are ... 'dust in the wind'....and that by their own self-destructive driven ..........loser ways.

Remember that you do not know a person's individual struggles until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Don't be quick to judge others.

To thine own self be true!

George Cumby
01-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Was she a handful?

Dear Lord, yes.

woodbuck27
01-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Dear Lord, yes.

I appreciate your response George.

I've been there as well. :glug:

We survive all 'that may be'... move on >>> sometimes end up with a similar 'too much of a handful'. :cry:

Fall down ...:bang: ... get up...dust ourselves off.

and ......so it goes. Yet.... isn't LIFE awesome. :grin:

mraynrand
01-19-2016, 09:53 AM
When Freak kicks an extra point, the league gives him two.