PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals PLAYOFFS Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

JohnMexico
01-16-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm as proud as I could possibly be while being completely heartbroken.

We should be used to this. There's always next year. With Jordan back, development of Dix and all the young guys, etc. Etc., just be happy we are still in an incredible position...

Badgerinmaine
01-16-2016, 11:36 PM
The crazy thing about that play was that they had Palmer pressured well, running into his own lineman, and then finding Fitz, who just sat in a shallow hole.

Exactly. Damn near had Palmer. Burnett had a shot at a tackle around the 15 on the run and couldn't catch Fitzgerald.

Badgerinmaine
01-16-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm as proud as I could possibly be while being completely heartbroken.

We should be used to this. There's always next year. With Jordan back, development of Dix and all the young guys, etc. Etc., just be happy we are still in an incredible position...

All true. But it sure freakin' hurts.

yetisnowman
01-16-2016, 11:40 PM
right. and the offense was moving the ball so well in the second half

Well the way AZ controlled the clock we only had what 4 possessions? 2 tds. I hear ya. But the d had held there own. U hope they don't give up 6

yetisnowman
01-16-2016, 11:42 PM
Both Sam and haha took retarded angles on that play and crowded the sideline . even with the busted coverage he should have been tackled around midfield

Badgerinmaine
01-16-2016, 11:43 PM
NFL.com says Cobb has a bruised lung and will stay in an Arizona hospital tonight for observation.

Rastak
01-16-2016, 11:57 PM
One hell of a game. Sorry I wasn't here....my buddy who is a Packer fan stopped over so we watched the game. i couldn't really post.

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 12:00 AM
Both Sam and haha took retarded angles on that play and crowded the sideline . even with the busted coverage he should have been tackled around midfield

It's amazing. Like the defense forgot everything that got them into OT on one play. Buncha idiots. But Shields could won the game if he'd held onto a couple of those passes.

denverYooper
01-17-2016, 12:02 AM
It's amazing. Like the defense forgot everything that got them into OT on one play. Buncha idiots. But Shields could won the game if he'd held onto a couple of those passes.

Palmer gave them several opportunities.

wist43
01-17-2016, 12:05 AM
LOL

I didn't even know the game went into OT, I shut it off after the 4th down fail :)

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 12:05 AM

I'm going to tart hitting myself in the head if I keep thinking about it

Mraynrand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbbUrbiv6M

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 12:07 AM
LOL

I didn't even know the game went into OT, I shut it off after the 4th down fail :)

loser

pbmax
01-17-2016, 12:10 AM

They needed one more. Figures they did collect the toughest one. I thought Ha Ha would come out of that catch hurt from landing directly on his back.

Pugger
01-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Looked like Jones grabbed his hamstring after the pick.

Nice shove job by the Cardinal DB to get JJ out of the way that wasn't called.

Joemailman
01-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Nice shove job by the Cardinal DB to get JJ out of the way that wasn't called.

If the ball was tipped (I think it was) then there is no PI.

Pugger
01-17-2016, 12:52 AM
The packers today win or loose have showed there metal and any packer fan that is not proud of the way they play can go to h@@@ this is the team that tore us apart just a few week ago and we have played them tuff this whole gage with receivers that have only had 11 catch all yr and every thing else they went through

Oh what could have been had our receiving corps not been decimated...

smuggler
01-17-2016, 12:52 AM
Did anyone else think we should have gone for two at the end of the game, to steal it? That was my thought.

Pugger
01-17-2016, 12:54 AM
goddamn right. Stubby shoulda known they'd never get closer. Plus they gotta play next week if they win. Stubby fucked it hard.

Horse shit. Had we went for 2 and missed everyone would be screaming bloody murder.

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 12:54 AM
Did anyone else think we should have gone for two at the end of the game, to steal it? That was my thought.

nope, no one else considered it. No one else at all.

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Horse shit. Had we went for 2 and missed everyone would be screaming bloody murder.

not me

Pugger
01-17-2016, 12:56 AM
Worked in 2nd and 3rd quarters too. Cardinals just found holes.

They were in man when the guy shook free and got a first down on the world's slowest crossing route on their game lead taking drive.

Cardinals made plays against both defenses.

McCarthy's offenes, limited as it is this year, still does not get enough points from its red zone drives.

They picked on Joe Thomas. But on that tipped TD they should have been called for OPI. They got away with a lot of shit in that game. Before the tip an AZ player was pushing one of our guys into the endzone.

Pugger
01-17-2016, 01:06 AM
If the ball was tipped (I think it was) then there is no PI.

I was thinking of the AZ DB's pick six that was nullified by penalty. JJ was pushed aside by the defender.

Freak Out
01-17-2016, 02:45 AM

Bullshit. The smart thing to do is go for the 2. There is no fucking guarantee you are ever getting the ball back! They get the 2 you walk off winners right there. Instead......

smuggler
01-17-2016, 03:08 AM
nope, no one else considered it. No one else at all.

Haha, touche. I hadn't read the whole thread. I was at work and only watched some of the game.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-17-2016, 05:36 AM
not me

Yup, especially after the miracle TD, I thought the ONLY correct call was the 2 point try, but MM has never had the killer instinct, I hope this heartbreaking loss helps him grow a pair.

red
01-17-2016, 09:49 AM
i think the right call would have been to go for 2 in that situation

BUT

we suck in the redzone, and like other have said, i don't trust the offense to be able to get in in the endzone without a miracle gadget play

i had no clue what we should do at the time, so i'm fine with them just going for 1, in hindsight though, they should have gone for 2

pbmax
01-17-2016, 10:17 AM
I think the 2 point choice was viable for all the reason stated.

But Janis with a decent return and the offense driving in the middle of the field for a FG (won't be enough, I know) aren't bad odds either. The defense has to stand up even if you win the toss though.

But given the three things have to happen, 2 point conversion might have been the better bet. The Packers short yardage has been terrible but they were OK this year on 2 point conversions.

red
01-17-2016, 10:21 AM
going for two would have gone against M3's main coaching philosophy

play not to lose

it feels good saying that again, i haven't used that phrase in almost a year

beveaux1
01-17-2016, 11:11 AM
I think the 2 point choice was viable for all the reason stated.

But Janis with a decent return and the offense driving in the middle of the field for a FG (won't be enough, I know) aren't bad odds either. The defense has to stand up even if you win the toss though.

But given the three things have to happen, 2 point conversion might have been the better bet. The Packers short yardage has been terrible but they were OK this year on 2 point conversions.

I would not have been against going for 2 with the state of the offense and the amount of time the defense had been on the field. I look at it as a fan who believed his team was not as good as the team we were playing. McCarthy, on the other hand, has been quoted as saying that we were "nobody's underdog". His feeling, and I believe the team's feeling, was that we were every bit as good, if not better, than the Cardinals. I don't think there was any hesitation in playing for overtime if you think you're team is better. It's really the more gutsy call.

Everybody probably remembers the Boise State-Oklahoma bowl game in which Boise State went for 2 in the first OT and won on a trick play. That was the mark of a team that was an underdog and stole a victory. That wasn't the way McCarthy felt about his team.

mraynrand
01-17-2016, 11:47 AM
^^^ All good points, but if you are correct, Stubby is even more a fool.

Pugger
01-17-2016, 02:31 PM
But a lot of you are looking at this with 20/20 hindsight. Freak Out tells me I'm full of it but the howling around here would be even worse had we missed the 2 pointer. Our D was playing fairly well. Rodgers was clicking with Janis. There was nothing wrong with taking our chances in OT. Unfortunately our defense gave up a horrible play and let the ONE guy they had to keep an eye on get all alone. Then it was the shovel pass for a TD was the coups de gras to end our season.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2016, 02:37 PM
But a lot of you are looking at this with 20/20 hindsight. Freak Out tells me I'm full of it but the howling around here would be even worse had we missed the 2 pointer. Our D was playing well. Rodgers was clicking with Janis. There was nothing wrong with taking our chances in OT. Unfortunately our defense gave up a horrible play and let the ONE guy they had to keep an eye on get all alone. Then it was the shovel pass for a TD was the coups de gras to end our season.
And you're not? I think by definition you are.

You seriously going to tell me you have an accurate "howling" meter? Is the right call the one the results in less howling? Geez...

Pugger
01-17-2016, 02:44 PM
And you're not? I think by definition you are.

You seriously going to tell me you have an accurate "howling" meter? Is the right call the one the results in less howling? Geez...

You know what I mean. Come on. If we would have gone for 2 and missed you don't think people here wouldn't be pissed? Honestly...

I would have loved it if we went for 2 and won but it is disingenuous of people here to say it was mistake to go for the tie and OT instead.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2016, 02:53 PM
You know what I mean. Come on. If we would have gone for 2 and missed you don't think people here wouldn't be pissed? Honestly...

I would have loved it if we went for 2 and won but it is disingenuous of people here to say it was mistake to go for the tie and OT instead.People would be pissed. So what? I would have been pissed and I wanted them to go for two AT THE TIME. Being pissed with the outcome has no bearing on whether your reasons for doing something are sound or not.

red
01-17-2016, 03:58 PM
why not 2 there?

one does almost nothing

huh, i forgot about this

if we had gone for two at that point and got it, then the extra point at the end of the game wins it

if we went for two and missed it, then we still had another chance for two at the end of the game to still tie